February 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (10/8-10/12)

Re: Weekly Randoms (10/8-10/12)

• Options
    @grebretso That sucks. So basically you get to watch a dumpster fire rage on without the ability to do anything about it (besides tell other people that there's a dumpster fire and hope that they do something if they can). Fun times indeed.
  • Options
    @grebretso- Boooo!
    @BourbonBiscuits- Your post wasn't showing when I made my voting post but it sure does follow on topically!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 Yep! I was so frustrated in 2016 (and still am). To make things more fun, Norway doesn’t currently allow dual citizenship, so if I apply for US citizenship I’ll lose my Norwegian one which is a BAD idea. Norway is planning to change that law though, but it won’t happen in time for me to become a US citizen before the 2020 election. Look out, 2024 I guess...
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso I am sorry about the cat puking but the visual of you grabbing her and lifting her in the air attached to a pillow is making me giggle just a bit.  I’m sorry!  :#
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Lol @danixbanani24 I would definitely have laughed if I saw it happening! I’m sure it was a sight. H came home a couple minutes after the whole thing went down and found me on my hands and knees scrubbing the carpet, with my sweater and the pillow laying next to me and the cat yowling from the bathroom. He was like “I’m not even going to ask”.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    Sticking with the cat theme...
    Mine peed on our bed again this morning with me in it!!! That makes 4 times in a week that he's done it. Over the weekend he did it twice in less then 24 hours (as I was getting into bed and right after I got up).
    I'm so torn about what to do. The vet says give him water on demand because of his kidney disease but when we give him water in either of the upstairs bathrooms he immediately goes and pees on my bed!
  • Options
    So today baby is high up front and centre.  I did a sit up to get off the sofa... and the cone shape was yup, right there, above my belly button.  Too funny. DH freaked and told me to stop squishing the baby.  Has anyone else tried this?.. I don't do it often but it is so weird to see where baby is.  Yesterday baby was MIA, no bumpie, must have been tucked away hiding.
  • Options
    @bellebaby221 That’s awful! Your situation sounds so frustrating. It’s not like you can tell him not to! I’m sorry you’re dealing with that.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @cass06_07 - I always push to feel where the baby is and can tell at this point what certain things are. You're not going to squish it - there's lots of fluid in there. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    edited October 2018
    @okayestmom12 That would be nice!

H is in the process of applying for jobs (he finishes residency this June). His current top pick? A position in Soldotna, Alaska. He keeps saying things like "You know how fun it would be for our little boy to grow up in Alaska? He'd be able to walk outside and go exploring!" I brought up bears, and he said "We'd just teach our kid to be aware of his surroundings. He'll be fine." Well, good to know that H certainly won't be a helicopter parent! LOL

Edit because I spelled Soldotna wrong. :D
  • Options
    allthingsgoallthingsgo member
    edited October 2018
    @hannahbananas11 I feel like being a somewhat helicopter parent in Alaska is a necessity for survival lol.   Also GA to AK? Talk about a 180 weather wise! 
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 I saw a bear while walking my dog the other day. I grew up in the country (but non-bear country) with super chill parents and up until a certain age it was the absolute greatest but I'm not sure that I'll be able to be chill enough. I see my neighbours little kids out and about and admire their relaxed attitude. They were outside early this spring when I was worried about being out when bears were coming out of hibernation!
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    edited October 2018
    My workplace is imploding. Another person just quit on the day through emailing his superior, and his superior reacted by forwarding the email to the entire office. The email included some HIGHLY personal info. The employee who quit is only talking to me through text now and nobody else because we’re friends, and I’m fucking FURIOUS that his department head would do something so vile. The reason he quit was because he’s burnt out, being the one everyone goes to because the department head so incompetent. The department head is also the reason why the department is like a revolving door of people, but his incompetence never has any consequences because he’s best friends with the owner of the company. If I weren’t pregnant I’d probably consider quitting too. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso That is highly inappropriate and not acceptable. I don't even know this person and this infuriates me.  I don't enjoy when management and or anyone in leadership roles act as if they can do whatever they please and treat people like shit. 

• Options
    We have early voting in Iowa today! I'm headed to my local polling place right now, gotta get out and vote, especially in the midterms. 
    Also @grebretso your workplace sounds kind of toxic, I'm sorry. It's amazing how terrible one bad supervisor can make everyone else's lives...
  • Options
    allthingsgoallthingsgo member
    edited October 2018
    @grebretso that’s awful! I feel like even if this person is friends with the owner there should be repercussions for his actions. Stuff like forwarding that email could be grounds for legal action which is putting the business in jeopardy. 

I’m sorry you have to work with such a crappy person! But I’m glad you can be there for your former coworker. 
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Yeah, there’s definitely some toxic stuff floating around, and it doesn’t even feel like the same workplace as just a few weeks ago. Everyone are either brand new and inexperienced or have been here for decades and should really just be leaving for the benefit of everyone. And since it’s a small family owned business, nepotism is rampant. The few of us who have been here for 2-5 years are just shaking our heads in disbelief most of the time.

But, the pay is good and I have the ability to close my office door on all the crap now! So I’ll stay for a little longer. Also the new people are nice, hopefully they’ll stick around for more than a couple months. Most likely not though...
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @kayjay44, i didnt figure...Dh is a little over the top sometimes.. Lol
  • Options
    @cass06_07 - Men are morons especially when it comes to pregnancy and babies (I figured you knew  ;) ) . For example, my DH thought we wouldn't need childcare because he worked from home at the time and it couldn't be that hard to watch a baby while working (especially being on calls) - I still call him out on that and just laugh. He could barely handle a sleeping newborn in a bassinet next to him for 10 minutes while working when I showered!

@grebretso - Sounds like a shit show. I would probably anonymously report the guy who sent the email to L&I if the email really contained personal info as that's a big no no.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    @grebretso I’m curious what kind of business are you in? That’s some crazy turnover 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @kayjay44 Involving L&I would open up a can of worms I do not want to deal with, and if he is forced to leave we’re royally fucked. As incompetent as he is, he’s now the only one in his department with more than two weeks of experience. Without that department the company would shut down. Plus it would be easy to figure out who the anonymous tip came from in an office this small, it could really be just me or one other guy.

If it was a bigger company, hell yes I would have. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    edited October 2018
    @danixbanani24 It’s a small construction company that builds commercial and private docks and piers.

The shitshow department is the Permit Dept., they’re responsible for obtaining all necessary permits for all the construction jobs. Which in WA is a very difficult job since there are so many laws and regulations for what you can and can’t do, decided by a million different govt. agencies (and every job needs approval from all of them).
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    My MIL's friend's daughter just gave birth. I have met her exactly once briefly and would not recognize her if she knocked on my door. In the past 24 hours, thanks to my MIL, I have been privy to the fact that she went into labour, her cervical dilation level (!!!) and now a picture of her with her newborn. 
    (A) why exactly does MIL think this is of interest to me? 
    (B) what does she do with info I share with her?
    She just earned herself the right to find out about my labour after it's done! 

@grebretso that sounds like an absolute disaster of a situation. Are you counting down to maternity leave like me? (68 work days left! I will survive)
  • Options
    @becks_726 - MIL shares this info with me too about absolute strangers to me - which is why we just tell them when the baby is here because I know she'd share that info with people.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    Haha @becks_726! I can’t count down the days because I plan on working up until either birth or till my body tells me I can’t anymore, so I don’t know exactly how many days it’ll be. Roughly four/four and a half months though!!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @eggsandwich2019 you’re from Iowa?! Me too! Where at?!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @allthingsgo I have also been enjoying it! I feel like birth is becoming so much less mysterious to me
  • Options
    Very true @lzzfrancisco! I'm not in that department so I won't be as affected, but it still sucks because he was one of few people I really liked and I consider him a friend. Hopefully the newbies turn out to be nice too! I will have to do some extra work because there's always admin stuff when someone leaves (I'm the office manager), but that's part of my job so whatevs. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    Almost 1 am and 2 Benadryl in with no sleep in sight and baby kicking up a storm... gonna be a long night!
  • Options
    @megpants209 sitting on the same boat...

For those ftm, does it not freak anyone else out that in just a few short months we all will a) be larger than we are now and b) about to be in charge of another human being? Just happens for a fleeting thought but enough to take a pause and go ohhh crap. 
  • Options
    sjnsjnsjnsjnsjnsjn member
    edited October 2018
    I'm awake too but the last few days it's not just insomnia. I've been slammed with work and so working late nights at home on some stuff.  It's weird because I bet if I was in bed I'd have crazy insomnia, but since I'm working, I feel like passing out!
  • Options
    @sjnsjnsjn so you’re WORKING in the middle of the night?! That’s awful!