May 2019 Moms
Options

Random Week of 10/8

Re: Random Week of 10/8

• Options
    @spaceburger is it Dickies? I got so excited when I went up to the counter at a dickies to ask how much a soft serve cone was and they laughed at me...umm, they’re free. That’s kinda our thing. :lol:
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    @SpaceBurger Where at in Southern California? I need a good BBQ place in my life!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lovelybabybumpz YES! It was my first time going there

@kbeers13 San Diegoooooooo, but I bet there's a Dickey's somewhere near you since you're up a little north. It's a huge chain. Warning it was $$$

• Options
    Omg we have one here, I just got so excited. 
  • Options
    @psychobutthead I hope your insurance covers the tools that is awful! 

@fuscok88 congratulations how exciting!
  • Options
    @SpaceBurger I have one next to my work. I'll have to try it!
  • Options
    I’m not having sex dreams! 😭 Why do I only have the shitty symptoms? I want the fun ones, too!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @psychobutthead that's awesome! What good guys! I'm so relieved for you both. 
  • Options
    My random of the week: Comforter or Quilt?
    I need a new bed set and I need help! 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @missy052819 Comforter! Quilts make me too hot.
  • Options
    @missy052819 neither - a duvet! Easier to clean than a comforter.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    @k2ktog +1 for Duvet! @missy052819 Plus you can find super cute duvet covers and switch them out for winter/holidays and summer (if you're anal like I am).

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    UO I hate Dickey's. I blame it on living in a real BBQ town, I'm a snob. Honestly, they don't even stay in business around here.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @psychobutthead woohoo! Thankful for great coworkers! 

@missy052819 duvet! We love ours. Quilts make me too hot too
  • Options
    @missy052819 +1 more for duvet cover on comforter. If you don’t want a duvet though, definitely a comforter. 
  • Options
    When will I learn that I cannot watch Call The Midwife while pregnant?

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @missy052819 another vote for duvet! If you don't want one of those though, then comforter fo sho. 

Can I just say how cruel it is of HGTV to constantly show Zaxby's commercials when there are literally none in my state? I want one of their chicken sandwiches something fierce! 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    Ohhh I had a duvet when I was younger. I LOVED it! I think I should lean that way! Thanks everyone :)

• Options
    So, I think I’m one of the few in the south, but Hurricane Michael is on the way, and I’m not  sure what to expect from him. If it’s just going to be some rain and a little wind, that’s fine, but I have a blood work appointment on Thursday, and now I’m wondering if I should reschedule. We were also planning to go to the beach (not in the path of the hurricane) on Friday, which seems kind of dumb, but the weather looks great. Husband also says the hurricane will be gone by then. Decisions decisions. 

• Options
    New random:
    It's open enrollment at work. Should I consider the plan with no deductible as opposed to the plan with the $1500 deductible? Would that make more sense for my pregnancy? Or is it completely not worth the extra money per month. ($58.43 vs. $185.05) Any advice would be great!

• Options
    @msb615 I loved in Florida for 11 years and both Hurricane Matthew and Hurricane Irma were heading straight for us. We're talking, they were set to hit us dead on. We stayed put for Matthew and evacuated for Irma. Neither hit my town as they are predicted to, we were in the outer circle for both  Hurricanes are unpredictable even when they seem like such a sure thing. I'd probably avoid the beach because the waters get SO stirred up regardless if a hurricane is even remotely nearby, but keep the appt for now.
  • Options
    New random:
    It's open enrollment at work. Should I consider the plan with no deductible as opposed to the plan with the $1500 deductible? Would that make more sense for my pregnancy? Or is it completely not worth the extra money per month. ($58.43 vs. $185.05) Any advice would be great!
    Girl you need that deductible. Your birth will cost waaaaay more than $1500. Is there an out of pocket max for the no deductible plan?

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @sleepy33 for the cheap plan the out of pocket max is $3,000 & for the higher priced plan with no deductible the max out of pocket is $1500. The new plans start Nov. 1st. 

• Options
    @missy052819 if you do the deductible, you'll spend about $2200 total between monthly cost and deductible. If you do no deductible, you'll spend about $1600 total with monthly cost (I'm just counting for 9 months). I would say it's worth the no deductible. 
  • Options
    @psychobutthead I'm so sorry about the robbery but glad to hear your husband's coworkers are helping him out! Hope they catch the thief & that all your belongings will be recovered

@msb615 hope you stay safe this week!! from what it seems like I think you're right that by Thurs/Friday things should be all over down there. Also, my last pedicure was about 5 years ago so I'm sure if/when I ever get another they'd have to break out the cheese grater too🙈😆

@missy052819 I'd go with the no deductible if I were you. You'll be paying $1519.44 more over the course of the year, so they're essentially the same but I'd rather pay less each month & then deal with bills as they come

Why is it only Tuesday? I normally feel like the weeks all fly by crazy fast, but this week I'm so ready for the weekend to get here already 
  • Options
    @imrachellea That’s so scary. Irma was pretty rough for us. I was thinking the same thing about the beach getting stirred up. It’s on the Atlantic side (Fernandina Beach), so I’m hoping it wouldn’t be so bad. Husband has been so excited that I have a feeling he’s going to want to go regardless. Guess the good thing about a hurricane this week is that we don’t have to rush to book the condo right away, and we can wait and see a little bit. 😂
  • Options
    @sleepy33 for the cheap plan the out of pocket max is $3,000 & for the higher priced plan with no deductible the max out of pocket is $1500. The new plans start Nov. 1st. 
    Hmm. So you'll be spending an extra $1500 on the higher priced plan anyway, so you're going to be paying $3000 regardless, it's just whether you'll have to pay it in a lump sum or have it taken out of your paycheck a bit at a time. Right? Am I mathing properly?

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
     @missy052819 No deductible plan will have you pay less in the end even though it's more per month. You can switch back next year to a cheaper plan if you aren't going to have more babies. Usually the cheaper plans also cover less too, so that out of pocket max is a factor. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds Gah I so agree! Its embarrassing to say, but I don’t understand insurance talk at all. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    SpaceBurgerSpaceBurger member
    edited October 2018
    Haha yea the only reason I know anything about insurance plans is I got thrown into having to present and sign everyone up for them at my work. We also had a bunch of medical bills for DD in 2017. It's still so nebulous though since insurance will just pick and choose how much they pay for what even though you have a price chart. 

ETA: I know with our plans at work, the cheaper higher deductible plan usually only comes with 1 ER visit to be any sort of covered. The more expensive plans have a lot more coverage specifically for ER stuff. 
  • Options
    Louisiana here @msb615.  Depends on where you are going to be.  If you are going to be in the panhandle of Florida I’d say not safe.
  • Options
    @sleepy33 another vote for no deductible. I did this last open enrollment right before DD was born, and it saved our butts. Not only is birth expensive, but you also just never know about anything else. DD came out arm first and swallowed some fluid, so to take precaution, the hospital made her stay in the NICU for a few days which was $$$$$. That was something I definitely did not expect, and even though my monthly health plan now is much more money, I'm thankful for the no deductible. 
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    @vivereidescent I’m keeping my fingers crossed it’ll be fine by Friday! It’s always so embarrassing to see that cheese grater come out, but my feet are so soft now, so I guess it’s worth the embarrassment 😂

@chucksmom15 We usually go to the panhandle because we love the gulf so much, but we’re planning on going to the Atlantic side of FL since we’ve been reading that the red tide is still in the gulf 😬 
  • Options
    Speaking of insurance stuff, one thing that drove me crazy after having DD was the amount of hospital/pediatrician office staff asking if she was on my insurance plan like hours after she was born. Ummm I haven't properly peed yet, so no, I haven't added her yet. They were super quick to send us bills for her being uninsured too. It was really crazy and this was only this past Dec 2017 - so even if you're a STM+, I think health insurance has just changed dramatically and I would really recommend everyone be as prepared as possible for all that stuff as we approach April/May.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    I would also make sure you call the company first because I have read switching insurance mid pregnancy can result in you losing coverage for the pre-existing condition. It is something I will be looking at during open season.
  • Options
    @Psychobutthead That's amazing of his coworkers! So glad that you guys have them to help out!
    @Missy052819 If the higher per month plan has no deductible and a lower out of pocket max, that is likely going to be the better plan but keep in mind that monthly payment is going to continue until your plan year is up not just until you have the baby. My insurance, for example, has a $2,000 deductible and then a $6,000 out of pocket max. With my son I had a bill for $8,000 after the csection and several day hospital stay. You can always drop back to the other plan next year during open enrollment if the payments are too high with the new baby but since this year you are anticipating a hospital bill, I'd make the higher payments vs a larger bill at the end.

• Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds your math sounds right but she'll have to keep the plan and pay for it for 12 months not just 9. @missy052819 I really think your costs are going to be the same regardless, it's just whether your cash flow situation is such that you could write a larger check and be comfortable with it until you hit your out of pocket max. I've been in life situations before where cash on hand was tight and I couldn't have afforded to write a check for a thousand bucks some months. That being said, virtually all medical providers will work with you on making interest fee payments for any outstanding bills, you've just got to ask. So I'd also look at what other benefits come with each plan, ie ER visits covered, copays, networks, etc. Also, maybe have a chat with your HR person and straight up ask them which would be better? 

DIStickerscom Ticker