May 2019 Moms

GTKY What do you nerd?

2»

Re: GTKY What do you nerd?

• @chloe97 TWW is my all time favorite show! I’ve probably seen the entire series at least 10 times. Big Sorkin fan. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @brie_and_almonds Professor Sprout? Helga Hufflepuff? Newt Scamander? There really aren’t that many though, compared to the others. 

Also, you guys. 
    https://www.pottermore.com/features/everything-you-need-to-know-about-nagini
    Newt Scamander is a good one. 

I'm shocked and perplexed about the Nagini thing... not sure what to think about that one really. I like the Fantastic Beasts stuff, but I could honestly go for a whole additional book series in the universe.
    kids with flags
  • Loading the player...
  • Reporting in as another Ravenclaw, since this thread is getting a little too Hufflepuff-y.

@DuchessOfCambridge I totally agree- I love her, too. She is privileged, but her life isn't easy. I wouldn't want to be her either! IMO the royals don't deserve her. She's smart, kind, and classy... I was definitely Team Kate during those dark "on a break" years. I'm sorry that your family history is hard to trace- the past can be painful to talk about for some relatives, and, as you say, records aren't always available. Wishing you success in finding the info you're looking for!

@ElleJDubs I've been a big fan of Outlander ever since I stole the books from my mom as a teenager. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess we're not alone in anticipating Nov. 4!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @ElleJDubs I still need to read book 9. It’s on my shelf! I haven’t watched since season 1 though. It’s on my watch list. 

@brie_and_almonds agreed! I’d rather read books about it instead of Pottermore.
    I’m also waiting for the next book in her pen name Robert Galbraith series - it was just released last week! 
  • @secicc12 me too me too! I played violin through high school and clarinet through college. When we moved I insisted we get a piano (found one for free on FB) and I mess around on it now since I can read music but I want to take lessons one day. Maybe when my kids start I will too. 

I most certainly do not have perfect pitch, though, so I’m way jealous. 

• @Pahialii I feel kind-of the same way. Like, for continuity's sake I need to at least know what happened in those seasons so that if some character shows back up I'm not all confused. I've been slowly watching them here and there, but some of it is so cringey. I know Doctor Who has always been cheesy, but some of it is just too much. I never watched any of the old seasons, so idk if Capaldi was more like them or what, but I'm ready for a change.
    kids with flags
  • @MaggieG183 I am a math nerd as well! I love numbers, it really is a passion!

I was actually never into Harry Potter as a kid, but DH loves it, so I think I’m going to give it another try. He tells me I’m Ravenclaw haha.

I’m really a nerd for anime/manga though. I love One Piece the most (hence the username if you watch/read one piece.)
    New mommy to be!
    EDD: 05/27/19
    hoping for a girl!!!
  • @secicc12 me too me too! I played violin through high school and clarinet through college. When we moved I insisted we get a piano (found one for free on FB) and I mess around on it now since I can read music but I want to take lessons one day. Maybe when my kids start I will too. 

I most certainly do not have perfect pitch, though, so I’m way jealous. 

Make that three of us! I also played violin, starting when I was 12 and giving up on lessons when I was in grade 10 or so. I played oboe through high school in band. And I played piano, fairly seriously from age 7 to grade 12, and then went without a piano for 12 years through university and my first 7 years of marriage due to a lack of space in our tiny house. Now, I've somehow managed to acquire 2 pianos! I don't play much anymore, and definitely not seriously, but DD2 loves to pound on the keys so maybe one day she'll be our musician.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• That's totally fair to ask from parents @maggieG183
    I know because I struggled, I want to get my kids extra excited for math so they hopefully don't suffer like I did. :) 

• I’m a language nerd. :) I speak French fluently and I also have a degree in German, though I have gotten a little rusty over the years.

i also love Star Wars, Battlestar Gallactica, IT Crowd, Shaun of the Dead (and a bunch of other zombie films).

I am really into board games and puzzles. Some of my favourite board games include Settlers of Catan, Risk, Carcassonne, and Agricola. :)

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• HP, Doctor Who, LOTR, Tim Burton, musical theater -especially Wicked!- ...  Let's see... Jurassic Park, the Lego movies and games... oh, and Fruits Basket! 
    That's all I can think of for now

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I am really into board games and puzzles. Some of my favourite board games include Settlers of Catan, Risk, Carcassonne, and Agricola. :)
    DH hates playing Agricola with me because all I want to do is get allllllll the animals hahaha
  • MaggieG183MaggieG183 member
    edited September 2018
    @expandcontract

and @fifthemperorofthesea yay!! We can celebrate Pi Day together!
  • Huge HP nerd. All the things by Joss Whedon (except Firefly...sorry, true fans, I just couldn’t.) YA Lit. Musicals—currently listening to Hamilton on loop...I love that my tween can even get into it. Actually, my 12 year old and I have super similar nerd interests at the moment 😂
  • @expandcontract I am data and spreadsheet nerd too. My husband makes fun of me for making spreadsheets for everything.
  • DH hates playing Agricola with me because all I want to do is get allllllll the animals hahaha
    Have you played the app game? My husband rarely plays board games with me anymore 😢, so I like to play the games on my phone or computer. 

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• jarethinafrock said:

Have you played the app game? My husband rarely plays board games with me anymore 😢, so I like to play the games on my phone or computer. 
    No, I haven’t. My DH is the one into board games, so I just play as something for us to do together since we have fairly different interests. 
  • @GeorgiaGirl1230 I love Gilmore Girls! Now I have to rewatch it again haha.

@k2k2tog I don’t know why I didn’t think about music when thinking of my nerdy hobbies! I play the flute and played piccolo in high school. Math and music nerd 😅
    New mommy to be!
    EDD: 05/27/19
    hoping for a girl!!!
  • I am really into board games and puzzles. Some of my favourite board games include Settlers of Catan, Risk, Carcassonne, and Agricola. :)
    DH hates playing Agricola with me because all I want to do is get allllllll the animals hahaha
    I also hoard all the animals!  
    Daisypath - z1at
    Baby 1 - November 2009
    *loss* - March 2010
    Baby 2 - January 2011
    Baby 3 - June 2015
    Baby 4 - April 2017
    Baby 5 - May 2019

• I love Harry Potter. 

I didn't see anyone say this so I think I'm immediately going to be the group weirdo 😂 but I'm a huge True Crime nerd. I'm obsessed with watching true crime documentaries, my favorite podcast is My Favorite Murder. I could tell you a ton of details about huge murder cases or mysteries. It's a tad unconventional 😂
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds hey fellow murderino!! 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @zuuls_mom heeeyyy! Stay sexy... Don't get murdered. 
  • Murderino here too! 

• @eatinwatermelonseeds I watch a lot of the true crime shows.   I like cold justice - have you seen that one.  I should check out the pod cast. 
  • @guitarra1614 I loved Alias!!! I have the dvds of the whole series. 
  • @guitarra1614 I’m working on my master’s too! I’ll be finishing it up next year when I have a 3yo and a 6mo to herd around too. 🙄 I keep thinking, “what did I get myself into?!” I’m getting my master’s in educational leadership (trying to get a master’s that will give me options should I want to ever move out of my classroom...although the politics of admin sound horrid), you?