January 2019 Moms
Options

September Symptoms

Re: September Symptoms

• Options
    edited September 2018
    My feet started swelling yesterday, and it made my ankles so itchy. 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    greenhillgirlgreenhillgirl member
    edited September 2018
    @tosh24 yes and the sheenus and go girl! My dad and I used to do overnights together in very small boats where a raincoat and a bucket was as good as it gets. He's always wanted me to get one of these!!!  Lol. I grew up boating and camping but pregnant camping- pass. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m sneezing a lot more and TMI but I’ll put it under spoiler:

bloody snots - eek?!

I blame it on increased blood supply for sure.

• Options
    @tosh24 @sweetyjenj what is let down? 

I also don't know what lightning crotch is but something tells me that i'll figure that out when it happens lol.

@galactickates I definitely peed in the woods while hiking on vacation two weeks ago,  like you said that was biggest struggle while traveling! 

I definitely have swelling but it's only occasional at this point. Im sleeping like a champ,  can't complain there. 

Someone mentioned being disappointed by the second tri energy expectation,  I think that's been the hardest thing to deal with.  While im not fall on my face tired like the first tri I had a hard time dealing with expectations vs reality re energy level. 
  • Options
    Restless leg syndrome -- been trying magnesium oil and lotions. But really the only thing that helps is laying in bed.  Anyone have luck with relief for RLS?

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• Options
    sweetyjenjsweetyjenj member
    edited September 2018
    @tosh24 I had oversupply, too. This would make sense, I never thought about it! If you have so much milk coming at once, maybe? It was painful for me, too, especially MOTN or early morning feedings when I would be most engorged.

ETA: @ersh1010 let-down is what happens when your milk starts coming out. It usually happens a few seconds to a minute after stimulation (like beginning pumping or when baby starts sucking). Your milk is stored in a bunch of like little follicles around the breast, then when milk is "requested" somehow, your milk will pull from these follicles to all come out, and it's called a "let down". I didn't get the let down sensation while in the hospital, but once my milk came in about 48hrs after birth I started getting it.
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    Today is the first day in a long time that I haven't had a numb leg and sciatica pain thanks to the lovely chiro I began seeing yesterday.  He's seriously a miracle worker and I'm kicking myself for not trying one sooner!!
  • Options
    Ugh I echo a lot of these symptoms: constipation, insomnia etc. I did start trying Natural Calm this week and it has helped quite a bit with these symptoms. I only started with half a teaspoon and I felt like a new woman after a nights rest!
  • Options
    Ugh the heartburn is back full force! I can't even drink water without getting heartburn. 
  • Options
    jgil85 said:
    Ugh the heartburn is back full force! I can't even drink water without getting heartburn. 
    Same!! I had oatmeal for breakfast and it gave me heartburn even through lunch. What’s the deeeealllll
  • Options
    just so you guys feel better in comparison, not only do I have heartburn, but I ALSO have non stop diarrhea :) like 4-6 times a day. I can take immodium, but don't want to keep taking that all the time. It's great.

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    @wkuandrea omggg how are you surviving right now???? I feel so bad for you! This heartburn has me doing nada today. Work emails can wait. I’m laying down first! 
  • Options
    @AliKay20 I am definitely glad I work from home and definitely do lay down a few times until the churning goes away! It doesn't help having a baby kicking around in there either :)

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    @bradleysmommy28 they are the best. I started seeing one on and off after I had a back injury. Now whenever I start to have pain I automatically go back. Mine also does a small massage before hand.
  • Options
    galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited September 2018
    @AliKay20 both H and I had the same snot issues while in Yellowstone.  He said he used to have it all the time when he lived in southern Oregon and the only thing that helped was a humidifier. 
  • Options
    @galactickates I will have to try that! Thanks. 
  • Options
    so my lab results came back and I'm anemic (low iron -- not a huge surprise, I feel like @$$). I'm super sensitive to taking it though and am already nauseous. Does anyone have a type/brand that they seem to like or tolerate better? 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    @wkuandrea what form of iron do they have you on? Most are tough on the gut. You need to take a heme iron supplement as that is the bioavalable form and it doesn't affect the GI system. This is what both my naturopath and OB prescribed.
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    @wkuandrea Also, have they check your B12 levels? I'm sure you already know, but people with chronic intestinal diseases/disorders are often B12 deficient as it doesn't get absorbed in the small intestine properly. I've had to be on B12 supplements for the last decade. That could also be why you're feeling run down with the amount of intestinal distress you've been under. Sublingual tablets are best.

TFAS since 2012

Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!

• Options
    thanks @tosh24! I am on B12 supplements, for reasons you mentioned :) It still could be low! They tested my TSH which were ok (I also take thyroid medication). But iron levels were low. They didn't tell me to take a specific form of iron, just suggested three OTC supplements (which I'm not above going and finding my own). 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    @wkuandrea yeah, the OTC varieties are not usually in heme form and are tough on the gut. I take NFH brand Heme Iron SAP. Heme iron may take a bit longer to work, so you could also take it in conjunction with another form of iron  but you'd have to adjust the doses of both. I find naturopaths to be the best resource to figure this out. Genestra brand also makes a liquid iron supplement that uses a different bioavalable form of iron. I've used that one too without much issue. My chinese medicine practitioner said she gives that one to all her pg patients.

TFAS since 2012

• Options
    I accidentally ordered a pizza that was too spicy last night. I ate a piece and then had heartburn. Apparently the pizza was cooked in chili oil.  :s
  • Options
    I accidentally ordered a pizza that was too spicy last night. I ate a piece and then had heartburn. Apparently the pizza was cooked in chili oil.  :s
    Reading this gave me heartburn. Ahhhh
  • Options
    AliKay20 said:
    Reading this gave me heartburn. Ahhhh
    DH made a pasta with a tomato based sauce last night and just looking at it gave me heartburn. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm feeling slightly nauseous all the time, but not the first tri exhausted nausea. It could be the constipation I suppose. Also, anytime I touch my hernia, nausea. Anytime the baby moves, nausea. I also feel like my whole belly is achy all the time. I just don't remember feeling this before. It's really not too bad but it's getting old.
  • Options
    @wkuandrea My doc recommended Floradix, it's a plant-based iron supplement and I got it on Amazon.  The prenatals I take don't have iron in them so she suggested a supplement, especially since I'm still not really into eating meat.

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• Options
    Diarrhea today is keeping me from anniversary date with DH. We were going to go to a theater that served food and see Crazy Rich Asians. Pretty sure I’m just suffering from pregnancy related symptoms and not actually sick...it’s the worst, especially since we are at my in laws so we even have a sitter for DD. 
  • Options
    OMG I feel like I'm breathing fire right now! And DH ate the last of my tums and didn't know why I was so upset when I went to get the bottle and they were gone. 
  • Options
    Fun fact: knowing the itching is caused by eczema doesn't make it itch less when you get an awful flare up for no f*@%&amp;#@! discernable reason. I was up sobbing in the middle of the night because it was so bad, and even my normal remedy of frozen gel pack socks wasn't helping. 

I'm currently sitting in a cool (not lukewarm, cool) oatmeal bath, in the hope that it will calm the itching down from its current level of "I want to claw my own skin off."  This itching is torturous. 

• Options
    Aaaaand carpal tunnel has set in. FML. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Has anyone else had nausea/food aversions return? 
    Nothing sounds good to eat and on the rare occasion something sounds yummy, I regret eating it almost instantly. 
  • Options
    @AshVA I am so sorry! 

@ladystout08 ew. I'm sorry to you too!

@klj62212 nausea here a little bit but not the same as first tri and no food aversions but thinking of food is too hard. Lol
  • Options
    @kianarain I'm impressed too! I have always been thin and I still got stretch marks in high school on my knees and butt. I think it's all genetics. Safe to say I have a ton now, Lol. They did fade nicely after my first, but after my second they got deeper. Probably will be worse after my 3rd.
  • Options
    @molosmiles so true about genetics. I made my mom whip out her butt this weekend and show me the stretch marks from my sister and me lmao. It did look they faded pretty well, just kinda white if you catch it in the light. But right now mine are like red/purple and veiny looking; at first I thought they were spider veins but my mom was like yeaaaah, no that's what stretch marks look like :expressionless: 

• Options
    I gave my closet a good overhaul yesterday by putting away most my summer stuff/clothes I can’t fit into right now and finally emptying my bin of maternity clothes and hanging them up. 

I stirred up some dust (which I’m allergic to) in my closet, and holy sneeze fest. I could not stop sneezing.. which means I also couldn’t stop peeing on myself. :neutral: I would pee on the toilet, then have a sneeze attack 3 minutes later and pee on myself. SO FUN. 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    @saltedcaramel518 ugh. I sneezed yesterday and peed a little, so I went to the bathroom and barely had any pee...it usually only happens when I have a full bladder. I wish I could say I look forward to that ending...but it never does.
  • Options
    @saltedcaramel518 I'm so sorry, but I have to admit that gave me the giggles! It's that delirious relating thing, I think. Seriously though, that totally sucks that happened! 
  • Options
    @kianarain Pretty sure that's exactly what's going on inside me right now. The heartburn is killingg me  :s