January 2019 Moms

September Symptoms

13»

Re: September Symptoms

• So I'm sitting at work, my hands are swelling, I feel a little short of breath, my ears seem clogged and now I feel dizzy. WTF. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • So I'm sitting at work, my hands are swelling, I feel a little short of breath, my ears seem clogged and now I feel dizzy. WTF. 
    120/83 so not super high but high(er) for me. I usually hang out like 105/83. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • klj62212  I'm sorry you are having a return of MS! I had a surprise barf one morning last week after being free of morning sickness for the last 8 weeks. I hope it goes away quickly for you! 

@AshVA That sounds miserable. :( I get eczema on my eyelids sometimes, and I want to itch them off. I can't imagine the torture of having it on a larger part of my body. I really hope this clears up soon for you!! 

I noticed in the shower that my nipples had a white sticky crust in a few spots. :( I think I leaked a little. I got out of the shower and started crying. I am not enjoying my transition to dairy cow. Moo. 
  • Add me to the peeing myself a little when I sneeze. Which is all the time since my allergies are crazy bad right now for some reason. I never peed myself with DD, but I'm guessing things never really went back to their original state down their after she pushed her way out.
  • I was up every hour last night because my whole stomach would cramp up... I am guessing it is ligament pain because it would go away after about a minute and switch sides. The only reassuring thing was every time it happened LO would kick right afterwards kind of like hey I was sleeping here...
  • @mtengl Maybe also gas pains? If you're having any bowel troubles, you might find that things rub against your ligaments and cause some pretty impressive pain. I asked the ultrasound technician at my last ultrasound several weeks ago, because the pains were terrible. She said it's likely my bowels "processing" and making contact with the ligaments. I doubled down on fibre intake, and the pain went away.
    Just a thought. Might not even be related!
    120/83 so not super high but high(er) for me. I usually hang out like 105/83. 
    Up to 143/70 this morning. FML. I just finished my coffee so I'm hoping it's that and I'll check it again in an hour or so. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • greenhillgirlgreenhillgirl member
    edited September 2018
    I pee myself sometimes now when I sneeze too. I sneezed really hard this weekend from allergies sitting on the couch and when I ran to go to the bathroom DH saw a tiny spot on the couch. I cleaned it but now every time I sneeze he eyes me suspiciously and asks if I'm okay. The glamours of pregnancy!
  • @leighbrek I was wondering if it was gas but it was like cramps for a minute or a minute and a half and then went away... I have increased my fiber with Metamucil because of constipation. I called my midwife office and they said to increase my water intake and as long as I wasn’t spotting or it wasn’t constant it shouldn’t be a big deal. I haven’t been drinking as much water as I should because I get full so quickly now so back to focusing on that. Hopefully the fiber like you said and increase in water too helps. They also told me if I want to be cautious pelvic rest for a couple days and when I explained what that meant to DH his face was priceless and I was like they only said a couple of days calm down!
  • molosmilesmolosmiles member
    edited September 2018
    @ladystout08 has your blood pressure gone down?

Edited for some super strange autocorrect action
  • @molosmiles a little bit. I went and saw the OB nurse and it was down to 128ish. We did some pre-eclampsia blood work and I'm waiting on a call from them but it looks like I may be anemic based off my googling of my results and my nurse friends opinion. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • @ladystout08 being anemic sounds a lot better than pre-eclampsia! Crossing my fingers that's what it is. Let us know when you find out.
  • After waking up twice last night because of itching, I finally bit the bullet and decided to schedule a dermatologist appointment. My old dermatologist sold her practice, so I called an office that a friend recommended because they'd helped her with a different random pregnancy skin issue.  They were able to schedule me to see their PA first thing tomorrow morning.  I'm choosing to believe that this office is just really on the ball, and not that I sounded extra pathetic and desperate on the phone lol.  Fingers crossed they're able to help!

• @ladystout08 being anemic sounds a lot better than pre-eclampsia! Crossing my fingers that's what it is. Let us know when you find out.
    The nurse just messaged me and said I do seem to be anemic so she recommended an iron supp. to be taken with my prenatal. Now I'm reading all the scary constipation stories that come with iron supps. lol 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • @ladystout08 Oooh yes, the joy of iron... Be ready with magnesium and lots of fibrous food. If you get in real trouble, turn to bran!
  • @ladystout08 Look for Heme Iron (I take NFH brand but there are lots of others)...it's a bioavalable form of iron that doesn't cause cobstipation. Most of the OTC irons will cause you GI issues. There's also a liquid iron from Genestra that contains a different bioavalable form of iron that won't constipate you. My friend's midwife recommended Floradix to her which is another liquid brand which is supposed to be gentle on the gut but my naturopath said she hadn't had great success with it so didn't recommend it (but I still hear of lots of women taking this one postpartum).
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Nothing too bad to report here. I've managed to not pee myself sneezing somehow (I am a violent sneezer) but when I maneuver to put on/take off clothes lately that's when I suddenly can't control a dribble- DH thinks it's hilarious.

I've developed a waking fear of calf cramps. They mostly hit me first thing in the morning when I wake up and end up making my calf hurt through most of the day. At first I thought I was charlie-horsing myself when I stretched waking up but then realized that they just happen. 

Me: 23 DH: 24
    Married since 8/2017
    This is our first and we are so excited! 
  • I woke up in the middle of the night with a mouth full of stomach acid. The acid reflux is no joke and I guess I'm going to have to sleep propped up. 
  • @tosh24 thanks for the tips. I grabbed the generic target brand yesterday because I was already there and it was easy but I'll definitely look up the others. 

Also, I've now had to cut ALL caffeine because it makes my BP spike. *sobs* 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • @ladystout08 no caffeine is definitely the worst part about it all . I'm so sorry!
  • @ladystout08 no caffeine stinks! I'm not able to drink a ton while pregnant as it makes me alot more jittery but in the middle of a work day its deifntaly needed sometimes. 
    Echoing what alot of you have said about heartburn, it's the worst. Sometimes I "vurp" and get that nasty acid taste in my mouth and it takes forever for the taste to go away. Also +1 for peeing when sneezing. It never happened when I was pregnant with DS so I was surprised the first time it happened this pregnancy. Luckily it's usually only a dribble and I can run to the bathroom without any big accidents. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ladystout08 I had to cut all caffeine prior to getting KU (and of course during pregnancy) for the same reason :( it totally sucks. It gets less awful feeling, but still. I'm also anemic now and started iron supplements last week. Usually I don't do very well with them, but I have been taking Ferro-Sequels and doing okay -- it has Vitamin C which increases absorption and reduces stomach upset. Also Magnesium. 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• I had been going strong with no throwing up and then this morning it struck again. Ugh I hope this isn’t a start up.
  • @mtengl Blah! That is the worst. Maybe it's just from some mounting pressure against your stomach that's making you queasy. I've been getting a few spells of nausea lately, usually when I feel full, so I'm wondering if it's not just an adjustment period as the uterus expands?
  • @leighbrek yeah I was wondering if it was a combo of that and constipation...
  • @mtengl Ugh, I didn't think of the latter! lol
  • lifeislove87lifeislove87 member
    edited September 2018
    I tried to wean myself off diclectin, bad idea, ugh yesterday was rough
  • I tried to wean myself off diclectin, bad idea, ugh yesterday was rough
    Also realized I posted in the wrong birth month, the bump keeps trying to get me to post here because technically my due date is January