January 2019 Moms

September Symptoms

I didn't see one posted anywhere so if there is one, someone tag me in it? 

How's second(almost third!) tri treating all of you?
TW

M/C 06/09/2011
DS 05/29/2013
M/C 02/14/2017 
M/C 06/05/2017 
C/P 03/01/2018
BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: September Symptoms

• I have indigestion that just won't quit. The midwife suggested switching from Zantac to Nexium so I'm swapping for that next week. I'm also starting to swell in my hands and feed so I got cute compression socks off Amazon. Yay me. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • I just had to order new pairs of shoes in bigger sizes because my swollen feet are bursting out of all of my flats. I'm also starting to feel the same exhaustion I felt in the first trimester. I have no energy to do anything after work and usually end up just falling asleep on the couch. I swear this supposed "second trimester energy" lasted about 2 days for me.
  • Loading the player...
  • This insomnia just might kill me.
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• I've had a cramp in my calf for two days, and sometimes it seizes up at night and is SO painful. I know people mentioned magnesium. I'm going to ask my OB about it, and in the meantime, I have a lot of bananas to eat. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• +1 to fatigue. I never got the whole "2nd trimester burst of energy", I feel cheated. Could be because my nausea/vomiting/diarrhea never went away... 
    also +1 to random leg cramps. Magnesium does help.
    I'm convinced I'm just not going to be 100% about baby movements until I see hands and feet sticking out of my abdomen. Everything could be baby or could be poop. I feel sorry for her in there, it's been quite a sh*tstorm. 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• kns1988 said:
    I've had a cramp in my calf for two days, and sometimes it seizes up at night and is SO painful. I know people mentioned magnesium. I'm going to ask my OB about it, and in the meantime, I have a lot of bananas to eat. 
    I was rudely awoken by a calf cramp last night. I take magnesium and I got some magnesium lotion that's supposed to help. So annoying. I drink literally a gallon of water a day so I know I'm not dehydrated. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • @ladystout08 Oooh, that really sucks about the indigestion! It's so disruptive, especially when you're trying to rest.

@kaf1788 I don't know if it helps you or not, but I was reading that caffeine and sugar will make swelling so much worse. If you're eating lots of fruit or other sugars, maybe try cutting back and see if it helps? I dunno. 

@kns1988 Magnesium for sure. You can just pick up a bottle at the pharmacy and take one a day. I think mine are... 200mg? Helps with bowels, too. Epsom salt baths might also help - just watch how much magnesium you take along with the baths, because you don't want to overdo it and make yourself sick (Epsom salts contain magnesium that your body will absorb).

For me... Not much going on, really. I have noticed an increase in fatigue - I'm in bed by 9 at the latest, but it could also be because I'm still fighting this ridiculous cold.
    The emotional sensitivity is still high, too. DH does nice things for me when he knows I won't be around anyone for a bit, because the likelihood that I'll start crying (happy tears of gratitude) is pretty high these days.

Other than that... No swelling, no more insomnia, weight gain seems to have balanced out. I'd call the second trimester okay for me so far...
    Anyone getting belly stretch marks? I was thinking I might escape unscathed, but I'm looking at my lower belly and thinking, "This is starting to look very tight..." lol I think it's only a matter of time now.

• @leighbrek I have two tiny stretch marks on the lower right of my belly, and stretch marks have never made me so happy :) 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Heart burn was bad for me but my doctor prescribed protonix which helps a ton at night. I just have to take it opposite of vitamins cause of absorption. I notice this pain in my thighs that seems to shoot out from pelvic area. I have a feeling its baby pushing on a nerve cause it comes and goes. I realized that if I yell at dh/my daughters that it scares the baby so I need to stop doing that. Other than that, I feel like a hormonal mess this second trimester. I go from crying/being sentimental to ragey. I need a vacay. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Extra tired lately.
    weird headache the last 2 days that won't go away with normal remedies.
    EXTRA bloated and uncomfortable.
    More back (SI Joint) pain than usual.
    I've just felt less motivated to do anything but start preparing for baby...but I don't want to do that too soon, because then I'm afraid time will go slow once I'm done prepping.
    Less patient with people, which isn't great for my job (a lot of my clients are young kids/teens with ASD)
    I feel so "full" after just eating a snack, but then still feel hungry or feel like eating, and i don't like it
    Baby fever. Some days I'm glad I still have 4 months, other times I just want time to hurry the F up.
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • @Jackiemxoxo Hahaha to scaring the baby! I did that when I coughed - baby really jumped hard, and I thought it was hysterical.
    This might be fatigue talking. Getting delirious.

@sweetyjenj Ditto to the eating thing... I'm guessing it's the squished stomach making it happen. It's kind of amazing... All the stereotypes of pregnant women scarfing down food non-stop are absolutely ridiculous. There's no room for scarfing!
  • @leighbrek yes!! It's like I don't feel actually done eating, but it makes my whole stomach/abdomen feel full, which makes me want to stop eating. Depending on what I eat I might be hungry soon after, or it might take a while. 

• Everything makes me cry nowadays. 
    Exhausted all the time.
    No appetite.
    Can't brush my teeth without gagging and/or throwing up. 
    Heartburn and nausea. 
    No pregnancy glow, unless you count the sweat dripping from my forehead 24/7.

All in all, this pregnancy is going fantastic  ;)
  • Wellllll.....gestational diabetes is a bear this time around. Blood pressure is high. No burst of energy for me either. It feels like it's going to slow...but then I realize that January is soon and I kind of freak out a little. No glow here either....just feel like I'm as big as a Mac truck. Oh you know, just glorious ;) but so thankful to have this little nugget at the same time. Feeling him move just about daily, but with anterior placenta it's not strong yet...but it will be soon enough! 
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • @tosh24 I am so with you on the insomnia. I am exhausted all the time, yet can’t sleep. Once I can fall asleep, it’s 1-2 hour chunks before I wake up to pee, my hip hurts, the baby squirming wakes me, or my dog wakes me. I need to sleep before he gets here and I am up feeding round the clock!!! Grrr
  • I haven’t been sleeping well at all. I was exhausted and was asleep before 9pm and woke up to go to the bathroom thinking it was the normally 11pm. To my surprise it was 5am, my husband had slept on the couch with three of the dogs to let me sleep undisturbed (my girl dog has to go where I go so she usually sleeps in the bed with me until DH comes to bed). So I guess if I want a full night sleep I just need to kick everyone out of the bedroom.
  • I feel all of you ladies so hard! Seriously what happened to the second tri energy? I'm exhausted, and impatient. Work has been awful and I have no motivation to care. It's so unlike me. I'm also starting to get a cold and it's the worst timing because I have so much going on . For the most part I feel good so I try not to complain 'in real life' but you ladies get it ! 

Does anyone elses belly ache by the end of the day? I'm not sure if it has to do my hernia or just the big ol belly. But it's certainly not helping with the energy level or getting things done around the house.
  • Still having pains in my pubic bone when I move too fast. Constipation is the biggest problem right now. If I poop once every other day I'm doing good (not to overshare, but it used to be much more often than that!) General low energy. Feeling much better than first trimester but I still get worn out just by cleaning up around the house. I was a plus size gal prior to pregnancy so the belly is not a noticeable however I feel like the top half of my abdomen has started rounding out and I am getting stretch marks there. 

Biggest problem I am having right now, (and I don't think this counts as a symptom but I'm still annoyed by it so I am going to complain) is that I got attacked by a mosquito sometime Thursday night while I was sleeping. I have my window AC in and the top half of the window had dropped down so bugs got in. I am covered in bug bites!! They are driving me crazy. Had to go to the pharmacy this morning to see what I could use that is pregnancy safe. They gave me some topical Benadryl and it is heaven! I need to take the window AC out but DH is in China for the next 2 weeks and I don't want to try and carry the unit downstairs my myself. I might tag the In-Laws tomorrow to give me a hand cuz I can't stand another overnight bug attack. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • The itching is still unbearable. I was up at 4 am in tears because all the scratching in the world wasn't doing a thing for the itching. I did have a bit of an epiphany though. I'm already prone to getting eczema on my hands and feet in winter, so I think this itching is my normal eczema x 1000000. Hopefully that means I can start looking for triggers and make it freaking stop.

Other symptoms are much more intermittent. Some days I have hip and lower back pain, other days it's RLP or Braxton Hicks, but fortunately those only tend to last a few days before they're replaced with other random symptoms. 

• Lots of little things, but compared to the first trimester the second seriously rocks. 
    - Insomnia, every day
    - Out of breath easily
    - More emotional
    - Harder time getting up or exerting myself much at all
    - Minor Braxton Hicks, they don't hurt but they are there a few times per day
    - Even more discharge

There are some positive psychological symptoms though! I've dealt with depression/anxiety for most of my life and have been feeling very good mentally and emotionally.
    - More confidence 
    - Able to deal with insomnia pretty well
    - Less anxiety due to fewer shits given about small things at work, everyday decisions to make, etc.
    - Feeling more optimistic and excited about the future
    - Kinder and stronger relationship with my H
    - Able to sympathize and celebrate with friends better (I'm kind of unemotional normally and the estrogen has felt good)

Overall I'm kind of enjoying being pregnant at this point, despite the minor physical annoyances.

@Rachel2066 ugh! It's so interesting that mosquitos DO prefer pregnant women! Thank god benadryl is safe to take. Hope you feel better, and we'll all have to protect ourselves this upcoming skeeto season!

@AshVA I'm so sorry you are still dealing with the itching. That makes total sense that it could be eczema though!! Wishing you the best with finding relief now that you've found a potential culprit! 
  • I’ve been having the craziest dreams lately. For some reason, I’ve been dreaming about Deadpool. Not Ryan Reynolds...Deadpool. The crazy dreams are what is making me tired. I’ve also been dealing with heartburn and I’ve been taking Zantac. Leg cramps have started. I had them with DS so they are no surprise. I take Natural Calm magnesium every night and it helps. I’m also gagging when I brush my teeth (which also happened with DS during the second and third trimester). 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My hips are starting to hurt. It started after a crazy nightshift on another medical unit I had to work on & I literally logged in 3 miles from 7pm to midnight (had 6 hours left of the shift & stopped looking). That was 4 days ago & they still hurt in that low,  dull, achy feeling. I've  noticed she's more active on nights I work & normally while I sit down to chart.
  • @sfgiantsgamerbabe too bad your dreams aren't about Ryan Reynolds lol I'd take those dreams every night!

• @sfgiantsgamerbabe I keep having some intense sex dreams.  :#
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Is anyone else swelling? I got compression socks for my feet but my hands are killing me! Once they get swollen it's so hard to get them back down! They seem worse in the mornings so I try to put them on my chest or something to elevate them but they throb/hurt! Debating if it's worth messaging my OB or just waiting until my appt. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • @ladystout08 Yes! The swelling has been terrible lately on both hands and feet. I'm currently wearing my engagement ring on my pinky because it can't fit over the knuckle on my ring finger. My wedding band doesn't fit at all. 

With my feet, the itching is now being compounded by swelling and hives. My feet look so awful, like I have some terrible infectious disease.  I have an appointment on Thursday, and plan to ask if this level of swelling is normal at this stage. 

• Damn ladies...  this thread reminded me of the wide range of pregnancy symptoms and gripes that we can have!

Im exhausted of course - stupid SPD and general discomfort while sleeping on my sides is a major contributor.  I also had some lightning crotch this weekend which is not a symptom I had much last pregnancy and is lame af.  The last five or six days I’ve been having weird feelings like maybe the little guy flipped around in there and he seems to now be punching and kicking my digestive system so that’s pleasant… I’m so used to anterior placenta life where generally he’s facing forward and now that I think he’s facing backward I’ve started to have paranoia about the cord wrapping around him - so the kicks and punches are both annoying and comforting right now. Weird. 

Hope you ladies get some relief but I think we’re sadly in the “it only gets worse from here” stretch  :#
  • @galactickates that struggle is SO real! We did a 12 hr roadtrip from VA to IL this past weekend dividing the trip to two days (8 & 4 hrs). Holy waterfalls. There’s a section in PA or OH somewhere that says next service plaza isn’t for another 84 miles or something like that. I legit want a catheter doing this trip back next week. 

My symptoms: swelling - my face, legs, feet. And intense heartburn. AHHHH. All I want to do is drink water as a meal bc I’m so afraid of the acid I could feel right after eating something - not even spicy!!!

• @wolfmum the lightening crotch was soooo bad last week and I have never had it before.  I was totally shocked when I realized it had a name!  My problem is the lower back pain and I feel like the entire inside of my body is bruised from him kicking and moving.  I don't remember #1 causing so much pain when he kicked but I'm almost in tears every night from it!  And there is a spot near my belly button that feels like a stabbing pain so I'm guessing something on his little body it non-stop pushing right there.
  • @galactickates I'm a wildlife biologist so I spend time in the field far from toilets. My coworker placed an order for a female urination device called the "Shewee" and gave all the women one. I had an idea how good men have it in the peeing-standing-up-anywhere-you-want department, but holy crap, I've never felt so much freedom in my life LOLOL!!!!!! It's amazing. 

@bradleysmommy28 I got hoofed two times yesterday that made my vision go blurry. I don't know what organ or maybe nerve baby hit, but holy hell it was painful. I went dizzy for a split second!

+1 to lightening crotch! Happened for the first time yesterday. Not looking forward to the return of that symptom...

TFAS since 2012

Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!

• @wolfmum I think you're right about that. It's not going to get any easier. 

+1 to just about everything. Heartburn, sciatica, insomnia. And the leg cramps at night are the worst. Mine were happening when I would stretch my legs out when turning over. I've started stretching them out slowly and more cautiously and that seems to help.

I haven't been having any sex dreams lately, but I have definitely noticed an increase in libido for the last couple weeks - finally.

Also, I just feel so full and stretched out in the abdominal region all the time. I can't eat hardly any food without feeling so uncomfortable. Anyone else have this problem?
  • My right SI Joint is killing me lately!!! I need to see a chiropractor soon. I don't recall going in this early, but maybe I did.
    Anyone have any good remedies?

• I’ve now had two separate incidences about a week or so apart where I’ve been walking somewhere coming back to my desk and started to feel really light headed and like I might pass out. Any ideas as to what could be causing that??
  • @tosh24 is the shewee dummy proof? I feel like I would pre all over myself. I seriously could have used that on our trip
  • @mrsmang it's really common in pregnancy apparently. We're gaining a ton of blood volume as well as other fluids and that can fluctuate pressures for a brief moment and cause low blood pressure. 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• @wkuandrea lovely!  Well hey, at least I feel better knowing it’s common and not necessarily that I’m doing anything wrong. I have an appointment Thursday so I’ll bring it up then just in case. 
  • @galactickates Yup, totally fool proof! I was nervous at first but I've never peed on myself :)

I forgot to mention it last week but I actually had a mild-moderate let down and leaked a little colostrum. I leaked with DD a bit in my 3rd trimester, but never accompanied by a let down sensation. Totally caught me off guard.

TFAS since 2012

• @tosh24 After the first few weeks I only leaked with a let-down, which only happened less than 5 times in 9 months when I didn't want it to...but every.single.time I didn't like the let-down sensation. I had a strong let-down, so when it happened spontaneously it leaked quite a bit, and even when I was nursing it was bittersweet: it was an uncomfortable sensation, but I liked knowing milk was on the way. (this is a "things I wish I'd known" thing. I didn't know a let-down needed to happen to make milk come out!)

• @sweetyjenj Yes!!!! I also had a very strong let down and found the sensation painful and uncomfortable. Did you have an oversupply? I did with both kids so I thought maybe that was the reason it was so uncomfortable. It basically felt like my boobs were being squeezed in a vise for 10 seconds. In the beginning I'd have to stop talking/moving and just bite my lip until it was over and the milk released.

TFAS since 2012