Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Intro Thread Week Of 9/17

Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board (https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first/p1). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on The Bump. Please introduce yourself and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community! 
Image result for welcome gif

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC?: 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.):

Re: Newbie Intro Thread Week Of 9/17

• Hello I thought I would re introduce myself after many years!

I am 30 my husband, 33. This is our first month TTC for our 3rd. We have two others, a 5 year old girl and almost 3.5 year old boy. I love to sew and do anything crafty!! Excited for our new journey :)
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• @ThompsonHM2 welcome and congrats on starting TTC #3!
  • Loading the player...
  • @hrrose2010 LOL oh my god dying of laughter at your boy!!
    Anniversary

• @hrrose2010 OMG that made me snort. Hilarious. GL on your journey and welcome back to TB! 
    @ThompsonHM2 welcome back, GL with TTC #3!

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Ages (you and SO):  Both 30

How many months have you been TTC?:  We previously tried for multiple years (see siggy for more details) and I was a part of this board during that time. After a longer than expected break, we have finally made the decision to TTC again and are in our first month of round 2.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: Normal stuff - charting, OPKs,

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): I have a yorkie puppy, who is getting old and grumpy, named Chloe. I work in a high school and coach cheerleading. And in our free time DH and I like to go to concerts!
  • Well looks like I'm back *TW* after a week in the May BMB. Adding another CP to my loss history. *End TW* TTC now for 12 months.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? The usual stuff. PNV, Vit. D, OPK'S, FF, and AVA. Starting baby aspirin now too.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): I have two LC, two Great Danes, and an awesome husband. I like to run, hike, and read. 
  • @ruby696 I’m so sorry for your loss and that you find yourself back here
  • @ruby696 I'm sorry for your loss. :(
  • @ruby696 I’m so sorry 😢
    Anniversary

• kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited September 2018
    Joining this board for the first time, so bear with me!

@ruby696 sorry to see you here too 

Ages (you and SO): I am 32, DH is 35

How many months have you been TTC?: over 2 years

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: currently benched. Tw* just came off the may 19 board, as I am currently losing the pregnancy. This will be loss #5. Will be working with my new drs to get full testing done on both myself and my husband before getting back to trying. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): I have one LC, 3 year old son. I’m a sahm, so he keeps me busy. I have a cat, named Elvis, who prefers my husband but puts up with me because I feed him. I like to read, binge watch reality tv, and try to be crafty. 

Edit forgot tag
  • @kbrown2385 I'm so sorry for your loss. :( Hopefully the testing will give you some answers.
  • ruby,  So sorry. Hugs. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @kbrown2385 Oh no, I'm sorry to see you here. Sounds like we're in the same boat. My doctor has started me on baby Aspirin and ordered labs for everything she could think of yesterday, including re-testing my thyroid. I also decided to do the Natera genetic testing. 16 vials of blood later... hoping I have an answer in a couple weeks, but preparing myself for the possibility that it's unexplained RPL.
  • @ruby696 I’m so sorry to see you back here. 

@kbrown2385 I’m sorry that you’re here under your circumstances, but this group is a wonderful, supportive and fun group of ladies. 
  • Hello everyone! Returning to TTGP.  I'm 33, my husband is 40, we've been TTC  (or trying to TTC) since January, so 9 months. This is our second time around, we have a two year old. This would be my third pregnancy. 
    Possible TW * 
    Not too long after we decided to take the jump to TTC I ended up having some crazy health issues and was diagnosed with lupus. I'm also positive for lupus anticoagulant antibodies, which can make getting, and staying, pregnant a challenge, and explains issues with my first (successful) pregnancy. End TW*

But! Knowledge is power! We're waiting on testing to come back at the end of next month, working on normalizing my schedules (or at least tracking them!) since they have been 4 months, 2 months,etc, and getting treatment under control. My doctors agree, now they treated the symptoms, and I know how to avoid triggers for flares, so sooner is better from a pregnancy / health standpoint - no reason to wait until I'm really sick and need to be on medication that can't be compatible with pregnancy.  

So it's already been a wild ride!  

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin It is so nice to see your familiar face here.  <3 
  • @ThompsonHM2 welcome back! 

@hrrose2010 welcome back! Your son is definitely trying everything he can to have a sibling! Lol. 

@CrazyCupcake52 welcome back! I hope this time is the charm for you. 

@ruby696  I’m so sorry for your loss :( take care of yourself. 

@kbrown2385  I am so sorry for your loss :( I hope you can get some answers. 

@whatsbumpinpumpkin  welcome! I’m glad your doctors are working with you and are on board. It is so important to have good medical care. 

• Hi guys, I've lurked on and off over the last month or so. I joined thebump when I was TTC my first back in 2015-16 and DH and I hope to actively start TTC this winter sometime (went on a cruise to the Caribbean, so wanted to avoid for a bit due to Zika possibility). I've started tracking my cycles again...I guess my question is: Is it okay to start participating in the daily threads even if I'm not actively TTGP but tracking my cycles in anticipation? I've looked at BOTB, but it looks pretty dead. Apologies if this is not the right place to put this.

WORF: I did not come here to admire the scenery. 
    DAX: If you say so. I guess we should just go home. 
    WORF: Well maybe. I would not be so hasty. 
    DAX: I take it the scenery has improved? 
    WORF: A few months ago, when I was commanding the Defiant on a scouting mission in the Gamma Quadrant, we encountered a protostar cluster, a swirling mass of colour set against a background of glowing clouds and burning sky. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, until now. 
    DAX: I've got to take you on vacation more often. 

• marebear15marebear15 member
    edited October 2018
    @par_mach_kai - Welcome! It's exciting that you are anticipating TTC soon, and tracking your cycles before hand will definitely get you a handle on things. Feel free to participate! Of course something are going to be different, such as you won't be able to fill out your Timing or when you're Testing. And you can put the negative month for Month/Cycle, like -2 if you're going to start in December. 
    This is a great group of ladies who have so much knowledge to offer.
  • @par_mach_kai Welcome! I went on a cruise to the Bahamas last May and also waited the suggested time to start TTC due to Zika. I know a lot of people think it's blown over now, but at my REs office they still have a notice on the door so, better safe than sorry! I think @marebear15 had a great idea with the negative month for month/cycle... a countdown! (:
  • TW: mention of past miscarriage/pregnancy loss

Hello everyone! 
    I was an active member years ago with my previous pregnancies but we've recently decided to TTC again. 
    I am 33 years old and DH is 35. My have a four year old son and a daughter who will be three in December. 
    Previously we had been using condoms but stopped last month. I use the very basic P Tracker app to track AF each month so we tried to DTD as much as possible during the shown fertile window. We had been ready to try earlier but there was a slight issue with my doctor. My previous OB always prescribed me progesterone during early pregnancy as I have had two prior losses. However she has just taken early retirement and in Canada progesterone is no longer reguarly prescribed during early pregnancy so it was a huge battle to get a doctor to agree to prescribe it to me. We eventually got there though and I have the prescription in my possession ready to go as soon as a stick turns pink 😊
    Nice to meet all of you! I will continue lurking and getting a feel for the boards again. 

• Welcome @AshleighDB! Nice to see another Canadian on here, there aren't many of us but we hold our own :) 
    I didn't know that about progesterone, will need to keep that in mind! GL, and looking forward to getting to know you in the dailies. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• thanks @marebear15 @crookshanks10 !

Okay, so official intro:
    Ages (you and SO): 33 and 33

How many months have you been TTC?: At -3 months at this point due to recently gone on a cruise in the Caribbean and concerns for Zika virus. Luckily the CDC has updated their guidelines- last I checked it had been waiting for 6 months if the male partner had been traveling and now it's 3 months (2 months for women).

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: I had a Mabis thermometer last time but can't find it now. I bought a target BBT but it only gives me 2 temps so I think I'll look for another Mabis one. The fancy ones that sync up to your phone's apps look great, but not sure I can stomach the cost! I also started using the Wondfo LH strips again. Started PNV, fish oil, and COQ10 a few weeks ago.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): I have a son turning 2 years old next week. Work in healthcare. DH and I are really into Star Trek if you couldn't tell from the siggy (DS9 is my favorite, DH is more of the TNG fan). Big reader (last book read was "Only Child" which made me cry- fictional, about a family's journey through a school shooting). Exercise enthusiast- like doing triathlons and riding my bike around town.

WORF: I did not come here to admire the scenery. 
    DAX: If you say so. I guess we should just go home. 
    WORF: Well maybe. I would not be so hasty. 
    DAX: I take it the scenery has improved? 
    WORF: A few months ago, when I was commanding the Defiant on a scouting mission in the Gamma Quadrant, we encountered a protostar cluster, a swirling mass of colour set against a background of glowing clouds and burning sky. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, until now. 
    DAX: I've got to take you on vacation more often. 

• Hi everyone! 👋🏼  I’m excited to be on this board 

Ages (you and SO): We are both 32

How many months have you been TTC?: This is our 4th month, though this is the first that we’re REALLY going for it. *TW* We lost a baby at 11 1/2 weeks last November. It took me probably 5-6 months to be emotionally ready to start trying again, but then I experienced some health issues that set us back a few more months. 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: With my 2 pregnancies I got pregnant right away so we were a bit taken aback when it didn’t happen the first month again this time. I chart based on cervical mucus and have been having a hard time interpreting it (it was pretty straightforward previously). So for this month we are just DTD every other day. If we don’t have any luck I may try fertility tests next month. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): We have a 3 year old son who is so sweet and loving and I can’t wait for him to be a big brother. We have a dog as well who just turned 5. I enjoy traveling, reading and all things British
  • Hey ladies, I've been posting on the dailies for a weekish but I never introduced myself here formally! 

Ages: 30, my DH is 32.

How many months have you been TTC: now on month 4.

WAYDTGKU: prenatals  BBT CM OPK Green tea

About myself: I'm an engineer as my day job, and we have a daughter who is almost 2. She's usual sweet and fun but a handful! We also recently adopted two kitties, so that's an adventure :). I feel like I don't have much time for hobbies these days, but I like reading, yoga, biking, board games. I'm extremely excited to be here and have other people to share this emotional journey with!! 
  • @PugMum omg, your daughter is adorable! Welcome back!
  • flgirl20134flgirl20134 member
    edited October 2018
    Hello, not new to the bump, but it’s been awhile. I have a 4.5 year old son and my daughter turned 1 today. We just started trying for number 3. I work full time in sales. Im turning 35 at the end of the year and DH is 37. I’m doing opks, waiting on non expired ones to arrive lol. Ill be temping and doing all the usual stuff. Im looking forward to getting to know everyone.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Your daughter is adorable! 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker