November 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 8/20

1235»

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/20

• Options
    @offtoneverland thank you!! that is a huge difference shutterfly vs snapfish. and beautiful pic, btw.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Guys, I'm legit sick. My voice is gone. Sigh. I don't know that I will be making the trip to see H's grandma. 

Also, @offtoneverland Wtf?? Seriously?! Your Dr said all that? Our ped is a hippie, seriously, and she has never mentioned anything to us about a delayed vacc schedule or anything like that and we had a preterm baby! 
  • Options
    @wildrainbow ugh. is your dh still going? will he take ds? hope this means you get a chance to rest, relax, and kick your feet up this weekend.
  • Options
    @highsteaks I dunno if he is or not. She lives in Athens, by Huntsville, so if he does go, I'm going to make him take ds. I can't even fathom taking care of him alone while sick. 
  • Options
    @wildrainbow I’m so sorry you’re sick! I hope you can rest this weekend. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Has anyone bought one of those gowns for labor instead of using the one they give you? Just wondering because I'd love to be up and walking instead of stuck to a bed and don't want my butt hanging out lol
  • Options
    @offtoneverland - you are so pretty!
    @wildrainbow - oh no, I am so sorry. I hope you get well quickly!
    @bkosy - I've never labored, but when I'd get patients up when I worked mother baby I'd put another gown on their back (like a robe so the snaps were in front) so they were covered. I assume that's pretty standard if you're going to be up and walking the halls. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @mockingjay1 that makes sense! I've only labored in bed so I really had no idea!
  • Options
    @highsteaks @mockingjay1 Thank you!  <3
    @wildrainbow Oh no, I hope your cold isn't too bad. I just got over a cold too and it was terrible timing since we had a mini vacation earlier this week. I hope you feel better soon and get some time to relax this weekend. Lots of hot tea with honey, warm baths, and chicken noodle soup! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @wildrainbow - I'm so sorry you're sick, I hope you get better quick!

@offtoneverland - thanks for showing us the difference! I used to love Shutterfly but it seems like the pics get more & more fuzzy.

@bkosy - I bought one from dressed to deliver. I went off of the size chart and ended up buying a large and it looks huge. This is my first baby though so who knows, I could have wasted $70 (ugh, still can't believe I spent that much on it)

• Options
    @bkosy I did not buy a special gown but I did labor in the maternity dress I wore in for a while until I got in the tub (and then I was naked obviously). The hospital I was in was fine with it but you might wanna check with yours. 

• Options
    All of you that have had colds get my mad respect. I have already coughed/pissed and coughing apparently causes contractions. Who knew? I'm currently sitting here with vapor rub under my nose in the hopes of breathing. Meanwhile my toddler is running around doing something and I can't even get it up enough to care. DH gets to be number one parent today. 
  • Options
    @wildrainbow awww *hugs* good luck! Hopw you feel better super quickly!

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @wildrainbow hope you feel better soon! I've been using eucalyptus oil to help clear my sinus. Maybe give it a try!
  • Options
    The back-to-school cold has hit here. Ugh! 

@offtoneverland my jaw hit the ground, reading your post. I can’t believe a medical professional would say those things! Ridiculous. 

@bkosy I am thinking of buying a comfortable gown for after labor. Both of my births were messy so the hospital gown was fine for that. But something comfy to wear afterwards! 
  • Options
    @wildrainbow I know exactly how you feel and I’m so sorry for you!! If you are allowed to take it, Mucinex DM 12 hour release is the ONLY thing that helped my cough. And Halls. That all natural Ricola crap might as well be candy. My MW approved the med but I know you’ve got special circumstances to deal with. And I must again recommend Always bladder leak protection pads in level 4  :D I hope you find relief really soon!

@offtoneverland  What in the hell? Thank God she’s leaving before she does any damage, filling parents heads with that bs. 
  • Options
    I'm thinking I might need to get a support band. I've been on my feet so much being back at work. By the end of the day yesterday I was in constant pain. I was contemplating calling my doctors office just in case. I wasn't having contractions, just constant pain - like a never ending menstrual cramp. I've been taking it easy today, but I'm still sore. Anyone have any recommendations? I'll need something that fits plus sized and preferably I can wear under my clothes.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @cpow18 that sounds super rough! Will YH be able to come home for LOs birth?

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @cpow18 Hi and welcome! We're always happy to have more people to chat with. I'm from Maryland too. :) So your husband is deployed until June 2019? That's awful! Will he at least be able to come home for a bit when the baby is born? 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    @cpow18 welcome back! I’m another milso, so I get the full on suck of deployment when you don’t know many people around (I’m in TX). So glad DH will get to be home for LO’s arrival! We’re juggling issues with training schedules putting MH in California veryyyyy close to my due date :sweat_smile:

@middleschoolmommy I have been using this belt when I’m being more active: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0113WE0QS?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
    It has worked really well for me! It has general sized based on measurement and it’s also super adjustable too. I ordered mine based off measurements from very early on and I still have more than enough band.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cpow18 So glad to hear your husband can come home for a little while to be with you and the baby. What a relief!
    I'm in Howard county! 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    The bump website has been sucking for me lately. It takes forever to load each thread and until it fully loads the replies are in html format. I don't know if our new internet is crappy or if it's just the bump. It doesn't seem like there are problems with any other websites.

We are driving almost 3 hours to go to a big furniture store to hopefully find quite a few pieces for the house tomorrow. We need a couch, couple chairs, tv stand, nursery chair, possibly a hutch... I'm hoping to pick up a certain shirt for DS at a children's clothing store we don't have here for maternity pictures next week. I'll be wearing two gowns and they are on opposite sides of the color wheel so finding coordinating outfits for DS and DH isn't easy for me. 

@cpow18 - I'm glad your DH gets a little bit of time at home before/after baby.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @rosebud1230 so glad I’m not alone! I grew up an army brat so I’m used to deployments but it just sucks more since this is our first baby! So happy for FaceTime!

@offtoneverland super close!!

@mockingjay1 yeah this app tends to suck for me too! That’s why it took forever for me to download it again. 
  • Options
    @cpow18 - welcome and I look forward to getting to know you better.

@mockingjay1 - it's definitely the bump. It takes forever to load. Furniture shopping is equally exciting and frustrating. Good luck!

• Options
    @middleschoolmommy I think I have the same thing. I feel like a constant contraction when I’m up moving around. I feel silly bugging my doc for all these little things so I was planning to try out a belly belt that I bought months ago to see if it goes away.

@cpow18 welcome back...and don’t worry...I’m an introvert too

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    @cpow18 I’m so glad he will be home for the delivery! Looking forward to getting to know you,
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Our washing machine broke last night. :( It made a loud noise and started smoking! It's already about 8 years old, so we think it's probably more cost effective to buy a new one. Thank goodness for labor day sales! The downside is that our washer/dryer combo is a pretty blue color that they apparently don't make anymore, so now the colors are going to be mismatched.  :'( 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    @offtoneverland ugh, frustrating! But, very true about the sales. If there is a good time for it to go out, now is probably it.
    Pregnancy Ticker