November 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 8/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/20

• @MojieJo happy birthday to the boys! That’s too funny about what he said!  :D
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @MojieJo happy birthday to the twins! 

• Loading the player...
  • @MojieJo kids got jokes already  :D happy bday boys!
  • I need advice. I'm going to a BBQ at a friend's house today. It's a summer BBQ/kind of birthday party for her twin boys; however, the Facebook invite doesn't say anything about a birthday party, really. It says "Come help us celebrate summer and surviving a year with twins! We’ll have some drinks and grill food." Should I bring a gift for her boys? Since it doesn't specifically say birthday party it doesn't seem like gifts are expected, but I also don't want to be the only one empty handed. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Thanks @josie12367. I didn't even think about bringing a dish for the BBQ. I'm so bad at these things.  :# I'll probably just stop by the store and get some cookies from the bakery or something because I never know what to bring! That's a good idea about the gift--something simple and easy. Thank you!
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @offtoneverland I agree about something small and simple - DH and I have been caught before in the same situation, didn’t bring a gift and we were the only ones who didn’t and we looked super awkward. Even if no one brings anything, you don’t spend too much if you get something small and it all works out! Have fun!
  • @offtoneverland I would also bring something small for the kids and something small for the parents. Josie had some great inexpensive ideas. If you don’t want to cook something (I wouldnt) you could always just bring a bottle of wine or a veggie and dip tray from the store. Whenever we host and say “don’t bring anything!” People do anyway 

• @highsteaks I feel your pain. One tip my water told me that I have actually found to work - go regularly. Like every five weeks or so. The more you go, the easier it gets and the less it hurts. I didn’t really believe her and waited until I was like five months along to go again, and it was so ungodly painful - ever since I’ve started an every five week schedule it’s been bearable! 
  • @firsttimespartanmom yea, i’m definitely glad to have had it done now, so that when i’m 7 then 8mo hopefully it won’t be so bad. i wouldn’t be surprised if waxing for the first time when you’re 9mo sends you right into labor, lol!
  • @mockingjay1 whaaaat!?!?! That’s crazy. I hope that was a mistake. 

@highsteaks good for you staying on top of you. I’ve been meaning to book and appt but fall is coming...

• I’ve been exhausted all day but now that everyone is sleeping and I’m able to sleep, I am wide awake. What gives? 
  • @booksandcoffee yes I loved MOTN check ins for those first few months! With my previous bmb we switched to Facebook shortly before the babies started to be born. We still have weekly check ins, 3 years later on there. You really do create a community together. 
  • @booksandcoffee love the idea of MOTN check ins...I imagine it’ll make it just a little easier knowing someone else is up all night with you. 

Husband has been at a bachelor party all weekend and I spent all day yesterday at home, organizing, cleaning, reading and watching Netflix. It was so delightful, but I slept horribly. Still waiting for him to come home and I realize we are out of decaf coffee. So i decide to make a cup of regular, which I haven’t had since February. Stay tuned on whether baby goes nuts or if DH comes home to an immaculate house with my caffeine-fueled energy. 
  • Both my M13 and M14 groups are VERY active on FB! Honestly, my M13 group is some of my closest friends and biggest supporters at this point. We’ve been through marriage and divorce and death and cancer and then all of the everyday stuff we all still post about. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Anyone ever get anything “open box” from Amazon warehouse? The swing I’ve had my eye on just popped up with 3 open box buying options at 50% off the lowest 3rd party seller new price. It says “open box-like new” and further description says it’s in orignal packaging but packaging will be damaged; nothing about the swing itself being damaged or even used. What I’ve been able to find on google is that usually it’s just a damaged box (either damaged in an ‘returned as undeliverable’ situation or the box just got damaged in the warehouse) and nothing is wrong with the product. But real life experience from someone is always more valuable than a google search.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @rosebud1230 I know I bought a few open box things from amazon for DD2 when she was a baby (I can’t remember what, haha), but it was literally just a damaged box from the manufacturer, nothing wrong with what was inside at all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• @runningyogimama Awesome! Thank you! The discount is so good, I was hoping that would more than likely be the case. I went ahead and ordered it.. i suppose worst case is it’s more than just the box damaged and I have to return it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • highsteakshighsteaks member
    edited August 2018
    @rosebud1230 i just bought something big for half price that was described as packaging damaged. the package was completely mauled, but the item inside was perfect and works just fine. i’m very happy. also i still think you can return warehouse items if they aren’t as described, so not too much of a gamble.
  • @highsteaks Thank you! The description does only mention the packaging will be damaged, so hopefully that is the case and the swing will be fine! Returns are allowed, so I agree that it isn’t much of a gamble. It’ll just be a slight inconvenience if it is more than a busted box.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @booksandcoffee would love a FB group and actually keep checking to see if I've missed someone posting about creating one-- my best friend said her FB group was a lifesaver when the baby came and advice was needed!

In other news, I am EXHAUSTED. This is like first tri tiredness all over again
  • So when should we start a FB group? December? Or before all the babies are born?

• I'm not on fb  :'(
  • So when should we start a FB group? December? Or before all the babies are born?
    We waited until after the babies were born for J13- months and months and months after- because there were some people who would join just to be in the group and then creepy lurk without participating which people were nervous about given it’s FB which doesn’t have the same anonymity as this board can. 
  • Baby Boy has hiccups. I love it 
  • @wildrainbow lovetit for solidarity; i’m not on fb either.
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts the private buml
    group is another great option and totally private! No one can randomly join or search anything from it. 
  • I would be happy with a facebook group also-- I don't know why, it just seems more manageable to me to post items, search within, etc.. probably just because I'm used to it. Bummed that @ftm_jen, @highsteaks, and @wildrainbow don't have fb! You guys are active posters and I always feel like we have similar questions and thoughts!  
  • edited August 2018
    KellyT22 said:
    *snipped*
    I've been blessed with two amazing groups who are very close. I hope this group becomes a third! I would be happy to assist with admin duties or impart wisdom if anyone wants to start a group, but also don't want to piss anyone off. One of the common fears is that TB will die off when people go to Facebook, but that hasn't been my experience. 

Ugh stuck in box...

Agree to disagree. Granted this is my first BMB but lurking some of the other BMBs that have already moved to FB (June '18 is a prime example) they are primarily drive-by oneoffs &/or require a decent sized, dedicated group of ladies that aren't part of FB.

Just want to point out that private TB group or FB group we can decide/make the structure however we want it. Just in case anyone is thinking YAY FB simply because it's less structured/rules. If we want to allow more one-off threads that's cool because it won't be random people we don't "know" asking and then never coming back again. 

Again, personal opinion here but I don't see how FB is any easier to use than TB. They both have their faults IMO.

I'll join a FB group if that's the consensus but would prefer keeping the board as is until babies are born and then moving to a private TB group.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited August 2018
    I have FB but basically never use it (ended up having to leave my previous board group because of it, which I'm still disappointed by since it would have been nice to have kept in touch with the ladies from my group since I don't have other moms of similarly aged kids around me, other than DH's cousin, who I don't get along with).

I can get on there even though I hate using FB, but I don't have time to keep up with the format even if I do. :disappointed:

I would also prefer to keep things as they are until the babies are born and then move to a private Bump board.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Should we start a poll thread about this?