November 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 8/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/20

• @kamahina9 I got a glider with a seperate gliding ottomon from a lady selling it on FB market place for $15! I prefer a glider over a traditional rockers... Not entirely sure why I feel that way though lol.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @lifesabeach85 Yep! I take these, recommended by my acupuncturist and loved by my OB

Jarrow Formulas Jarro-Dophilus EPS, 5 Billion Cells Per Capsule, Supports Intestinal Function and Health, 120 Veggie Capsules
  • Loading the player...
  • @kamahina9 we originally had a glider and ottoman set from Target but it literally busted on us several times lol. MH had to get heavy duty bolts to hold it together. I think it was just cheaply made tbh, not like I was power gliding my babe to sleep :smiley:

we ended up just using an older lazy boy my parents were getting rid of since they were getting new furniture. I personally prefer the lazy boy in the nursery bc it was just more comfortable for how I like to sit. 
  • @kamahina9 We LOVE our glider. When my son is congested, he has difficulty sleeping. Our glider reclines back and has a foot rest that comes up. Definitely worth doing something like that for those long nights you need to tend to a sick baby and are stuck in a chair for a long time. 
  • Is anyone taking probiotics? If so what kinds/brands?

(Didn’t see a questions thread this week) 
    Yes, I take Culturelle daily and we have the kids ones that both my kids take daily. I will use a probiotic drop as well with the baby. 
  • Is anyone taking probiotics? If so what kinds/brands?

(Didn’t see a questions thread this week) 
    Yes, I take Culturelle daily and we have the kids ones that both my kids take daily. I will use a probiotic drop as well with the baby. 
  • @kamahina9 We LOVE our glider. When my son is congested, he has difficulty sleeping. Our glider reclines back and has a foot rest that comes up. Definitely worth doing something like that for those long nights you need to tend to a sick baby and are stuck in a chair for a long time. 
    Same! It has lasted with both my son and daughter and will be in this little ones room as well. It is comfortable for the long nights. 
  • @kamahina9 To offer a difference in opinions, I hated my glider chair. It wasn't that the chair itself was uncomfortable, but I felt like the position it put me in for rocking/nursing the baby was really awkward. We have a small nursery as well, so we had the glider in the living room. It was much more comfortable for me to just sit on the couch, so you may not even need a glider in the nursery if it's a small space.
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • I got a glider @kamahina9 but this is baby #1 so no real advice to give other than that's what my friends had done. I followed their lead.
  • @kamahina9 We got a smaller lazy boy recliner with DD1, and it was SOOOO nice! We ended up having to move it to the living room because we rearranged. We got a glider with gliding foot rest for DD2 (and kept it, so we will use it again this time). It’s fine. I have no complaints, but it’s onviously not as comfortable as a recliner. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Good lordy guys... I live in Southern WI and we've been getting a "bit" of rain lately (recent flooding all over the state for those of you not aware). Just checked the extended forecast, aside from today which is listed as partly cloudy Sept 1st-14th are all listed as thunderstorms or scattered thunderstorms... Just what we need *eyerolls* hoping we don't float away!

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Good lordy guys... I live in Southern WI and we've been getting a "bit" of rain lately (recent flooding all over the state for those of you not aware). Just checked the extended forecast, aside from today which is listed as partly cloudy Sept 1st-14th are all listed as thunderstorms or scattered thunderstorms... Just what we need *eyerolls* hoping we don't float away!
    I’m in NW suburbs of Illinois. So much rain lately. 
  • I ordered a glider from Buy Buy Baby that is also a recliner and it is so comfortable. I wanted a recliner but all of the ones I sat in either rocked (I'm not a huge fan of the rocking motion) or glided but were thousands of dollars. The one we got was $700 but it was customizable and made to order and they let us use the 20% off coupon so it was reasonable. It was also one of the only ones that seemed big enough to tandem nurse twins. 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Ds is sick. Her spent all night coughing, mostly in my face, because he wanted to be on top of me all night. This morning I woke up with a sore throat. Sigh. I really don't have it in me to be sick, especially since H wants to go visit his grandma before the baby comes.
  • edited August 2018
    @wildrainbow :( yuck! Hoping you don't get sick! Definitely not what you need. Poor kiddo. Hope he feels better quickly! 

@booksandcoffee right? It's crazy how much it's been raining.

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• another random question— where’s the best place to get digital pictures printed? i’m not in too much of a hurry. i want good quality but not too expensive. i need about a dozen done.
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts What city are you in? (If you don't mind me asking.) We had 7 inches of rain Sunday night - Tuesday and have a similar forecast. My basement keeps blooding. But I will take rain over tornados! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts - wow, that is a LOT of thunderstorm days. I hope it doesn't do too much damage for you guys!

@wildrainbow - aww, I hope you both feel better quickly.

@KellyT22 - agreed, better rain than tornadoes! We almost never get them so tornadoes seem extra scary to me. 

Thanks for all the feedback. DH is loving the lazyboy idea so we are gonna see if we can find one small enough. Since we don't have babies r us anymore, we don't have too many options. At least the lazyboy we can get from home world or Ashley's furniture :)

• @highsteaks I go to Costco for all picture books and sometimes prints. If it's just small sizes Walgreens is super easy to order online and pick up
  • highsteakshighsteaks member
    edited August 2018
    @ftm_jen thanks! costco is a great idea! if nobody has any other suggestions, i’ll go there. i’m on my mom’s membership, but they are in another city so i rarely go... but i will definitively be in the area on tuesday.

do i just order online then pick up? i don’t think there’s a different way to do it, lol, but just checking. how long is turn around for small prints?
  • @highsteaks Shutterfly and Amazon are my go tos for ordering prints! So easy and so cheap.

• @highsteaks Snapfish! Download the app and you get 100 free prints per month! The quality is much better than Shutterfly, in my opinion. I printed pics to compare and the colors and quality were much better. I've been ordering pics exclusively from Snapfish for years now because I love it so much. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • highsteakshighsteaks member
    edited August 2018
    thanks @lifesabeach85 and @offtoneverland

offtoneverland- do you have to pay for the snapfish app at all? how long does it take to get prints?
  • edited August 2018
    @highsteaks No, the app is free. You do have to pay for shipping for the photos, but it's not too expensive. I'm not sure how the price compares to shipping through other photo websites. Shipping is always super quick. I usually get the photos within a couple days.  
    ETA: The app can be a tiny bit tricky to use sometimes. You click all the photos you want to print first, then somewhere near the end you can choose glossy or matte photos, and if you want to order multiples of any. Once I skipped the last step and accidentally got glossy photos. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • edited August 2018
    @KellyT22 I'm in Jefferson County. I assume you're also a Wisconsitie? Agreed! Definitely would take rain over tornados. Hope your basement survives the upcoming week and that nothing was too badly damaged.

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @offtoneverland if it’s not an imposition, can you take a pic of glossy vs matte pics side by side for me?
  • @wildrainbow - I hope DS feels better and you don't end up getting sick! 

@highsteaks - I use MPIX for prints, but I print a lot of professional pictures.

We used a recliner that also rocked with DS. It's a little big for our tiny nursery, so I think we'll put it in our bedroom for MOTN feeds, and try to find something smaller for the nursery. It was in DS's room until we moved because I still sing a few songs to him before I lay him down. Again his room is small, but I still might try to find a chair for in there once we get his dresser built because we read a ton of books and it's nice having somewhere to sit that isn't the bed. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Guys. I just had the weirdest visit with DD's pediatrician. (TL;DR: The pedi we've been seeing for 4 years is suddenly hesitant about vaccines, WTF? Putting the rest in a spoiler since it's long.)
    To start off with, we got a letter a few weeks ago saying the pedi was leaving the practice in a couple of months, so this was our last appointment with her. The doctor told me DD was due for some vaccines today, but then said "I've been researching a lot about vaccines lately..."
    She said she has had a few patients in her 8 years of practicing that have gotten autism or leukemia or other things after having received vaccines, and she couldn't ignore the connection. OMG you guys. I wanted to roll my eyes so hard. Like, 8 years is not a long time. Andplusalso the study about vaccines causing autism was totally fake. Even I know that and I'm not an effing doctor.
    To be fair, she didn't sound totally anti-vaccine, but she was talking about delayed vaccine schedules so we're not giving babies/kids so many vaccines all at the same time. She said this was one of the reasons she was leaving the practice, because she didn't like that kids received so many vaccines now. She talked about the HepB vaccine, saying that babies don't need it since they don't do drugs or have sex. (Side note: See this article about the benefits of the HepB vaccine in babies.)
    In the end, she recommended splitting up DD's vaccines today, doing 2 at today's visit and 2 next year. But I said, "well, since I'm due with a baby soon, I'd rather she get all the vaccines now to keep her from giving anything to the baby." And she said "Oh! That's a really good idea! Good for you for thinking of that!" We'd already talked about my pregnancy and she knew I was pregnant and should have thought of that herself. Geesh.
    Anyways, DD got all her shots and I'm glad the doctor is leaving. I'll have to see how the other pediatricians in the practice are. It was just so weird since we've been seeing this pedi since DD was an infant and she's been on board with vaccines all along, up until now. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @offtoneverland that's weeeirdddd. I hope your new pedi is good! So strange for this to all of a sudden be a thing for her... Like... That's just so bizarre. 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @offtoneverland imo, that sounds like a good idea to mention it to the practice. i would hope that once they find out what’s been going on, they’d make an effort to contact the families staying with the practice to directly address any concerns they may have developed.
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts I'm in Winnebago County. I didn't realize things were so bad by you guys too! Stay dry!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @KellyT22 thankfully we just have gotten rain, not much flooding as far as I know. But rivers def are getting higher.

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018!