February 2019 Moms

Genetic Testing

Re: Genetic Testing

• etnyahetnyah member
    @danixbanani24 No clue. Apparently it almost doubled in price recently too. Oh well!
  • Loading the player...
  • I decided not to do cell-free because I didn’t want to get stuck paying $350. I didn’t do the NT serum test either, which I did with my other girls because...I’ve been sick and haven’t called insurance. Now I’m worried. The doctor assured me that he didn’t see any signs of any issues making the baby incompatible with life. Ugh. Great looking NT Scan. 
  • Yeah I’m not waiting. I am going to try to do something cute for H if I get it in the AM. 
  • etnyahetnyah member
    Ahhh you ladies are making me want to know the sex so badly. Almost considering doing that weird internet home test that one drive-by knottie posted about. Almost.
  • @kayjay44 @madreofdragons last time they called me at work and were like ‘everything’s low risk and you’re having a boy’ and I felt so guilty knowing before H so now I’ve taken pitty on him.. 2 hours until we find out. It’s been a LONG day! But I totally agree if he knew before you both times then this one is all you! 
  • I had my scan and blood draw on 7/23. NT scan was all clear.  I called OB office today and they said they had the results but they were waiting for a doctor review and the one covering for my OB (who is on vaca this week) would call... and then she didn't. Waited all day and tried them again after 4, but they were closed. ARGGGG
  • I had my NIPT yesterday. Scan to follow on 8/13. Now for the nerve wracking wait! 
  • I’m feeling super impatient now. 
  • @cmjenkies once we made the decision to be team green it wasn’t too hard to stick to it. Deciding not to be team green this time, I’m really fucking impatient. 

I had had a fake out that my results were back but my app marked my TSH as new even though I’ve seen it  :|

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Ok, finally got mine and yay so relieved that it was negative for all the things.  Also they said it's a boy, but I was already warned that it could be false if it says boy because we had a vanishing twin this pregnancy. I guess we'll be waiting on that til the anatomy scan. I already have a son and was hoping for a daughter but I can picture a lot of cute with brothers... we shall see!
  • Wooo congrats everyone for healthy babies! Looks like there are a lot of boys in this group so far! 

@kayjay44 Ooh boy, good luck telling your daughter! For what it's worth, my sister totally dressed our baby brother in cutesy doll dresses for a looong time. He was the cutest lil girl. 
  • Okay I’m antsy AF, I just want to know lol. 
  • @madreofdragons I am with you! The doctor told me that the results would be in last Friday, it has now been over 2 weeks. I did have my NT ultrasound today, and everything is great!!! Such a relief to see baby again and hear that everything is good and baby is healthy, head is measuring a week ahead of my due date! But now DH and I just want to know the gender!
  • I don’t have another appt until next Thursday. All the fun I get is another glucose tolerance test.  :s
  • I kinda hoping all the boy energy translates here!! DH and I don't really care, but we have DD and I have a niece, and both DH and I have sisters, so it'd be fun to add a boy. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Still waiting. Starting to worry the blood sample didn’t have enough fetal dna. Friend that uses same office got hers in less than a week. It’s only been a week but I’m not having great luck the last couple of days.
  • @febmum yay! Ive been waiting to hear you got results back finally!! And also.. Creepy!!
  • I called the doctor for the second time, since it will be 3 weeks on Friday, since my blood was drawn and even the doctor's office said the results should be in already! My patience during this pregnancy is at an all time low. They said to call back on Thursday, :( I was hoping to have the results by now since I am seeing most of close family and friends in the next week. Fingers crossed they come in today!
  • Had my blood drawn today for Panorama. Hoping they don’t post the sex but the nurse said “it might happen”. Gah! Hoping to stay Team Green. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I have checked the website approx 700x since monday’s blood draw. My sample is being processed now and even though I know it won’t be ready ANY earlier than Friday I can’t help myself. With DD2 we used the same company (Counsyl) and I got my results in 6 days, so technically it probably won’t be until next week...
  • So I called the place that did my test last week and found out we were having a boy.  Which means they must have the results for the whole test right? They said my doctor would have the rest of the results but I don’t see her until the end of the month due to her being on vacation and then me being on vacation the following week....I’m trying to decide if I should call tomorrow to see if all was okay or wait until my appt?  I feel like with all the crap going on in my family I really don’t need more bad news 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ugh. That’s a good way to make your worry @danixbanani24
  • I’m sorry @danixbanani24, uncertainty is terrible. Maybe some parts of the test does take longer than others? I’d say give them a call tomorrow and ask. If they have your results, you shouldn’t have to wait several weeks for them.