October 2018 Moms

Baby Coffee-saur's Journey

On our 20 week ultrasound, the Drs saw something abnormal. They said it looked like a cerebellum cyst on the baby's brain, but we'd have to go on to Denver to get a more detailed ultrasound. We scheduled the appointment for Friday and decided to stay night in Denver. 
On Friday, the Dr we saw in Denver, said it doesn't appear to be a cyst, but she said it looks like the cerebellum is not developed. We have to wait for an MRI to confirm it, and that will be in a week or two.   The cerebellum is the part of the brain that controls coordination, 
and balance. 
They also found that baby's limbs are measuring shorter than they should be. 
With both of these, they wanted a test to see if something genetic is going on. Dr said we could do an amniocentesis or a blood test. She didn't really recommend the amnio, because of the risk of going into labor, so we did the blood test. I guess there is baby DNA floating around in my blood so they can check on this with my blood. We will likely get those results this week sometime. 
Dr said to plan on delivering the baby in Denver across the street from where we were. 
There is a wide range of what this all can mean. There is likely going to be development delays, and unknown complications depending on how severe is, and what they find.  It still will be unsure of what we'll be dealing with, until the baby is born, and until we deal with it. Every case is so different that all we can do is to try and be as prepared as we can, and give him the best care we can. We have a care coordinator that will help us with all the appointments and our support leader to help us with our journey.
Friday evening, we went to the motel and just felt pretty numb. There were some tears, and DH and I talked about what we're going to do. Our minds go all over the place, wondering if the baby will need a wheelchair someday, if this will mean a weakened immune system, etc. We messaged to family and close friends that evening. It's meant a lot to us how many have reached out to tell us they're praying and thinking of us. 
Saturday, we went school shopping for the older two, and had a nice day, and enjoyed a bit of retail therapy. When we got home after picking up the kids, we told them that there is something wrong with the baby. The baby will be ok, but is probably going to take a bit more care than some babies, we're going to be going to Denver a lot for the next while and probably after baby is born. DS-8 cried for a bit, and we talked about how we could pray for the baby, and we'll be super helpers after baby is born. He's still been super sweet and talking to my belly and how much he loves his baby brother <3 DD-6 has more of a practical approach, and maybe doesn't really understand all what this means. DD-4 can probably tell something isn't quite right, but she's more excited about having sleep-overs at Aunt Krista's place :smile:  
As for now, the waiting is really tough. Most questions are answered 'I don't know yet' and it feels like everything is up in the air. It feels pretty overwhelming and sometimes I feel pretty undone. All the prayers must be helping, because most of the time, I know we'll be ok. 
DS 6/6/10
DD 3/15/12
DD 6/3/14
#4 Due 10/26/18!

Re: Baby Coffee-saur's Journey

• If anyone has ever heard of this, or any advice or anything, I'd welcome it!
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • My heart goes out to you and your family. Hoping for the best possible outcome for you all.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Waiting for answers is so hard! Thinking of you, your family, and baby boy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited August 2018
    Oh gosh, I am so sorry. This hurts my heart, and I cannot imagine how you're feeling. Stay strong mama and we'll be keeping you guys in our prayers. Sending you all of the hugs possible.

edit to add: Also, thank you for sharing this. I am sure that it wasn't easy to write and/or share, and I hope you can feel all of the love and support oozing your way!
  • Thinking of you and your family!!
  • I am so sorry to hear this, I can't imagine what the confusion and not knowing is doing to you. Hang in there. 
  • Thinking and praying for you, baby, and your family. The waiting part is the hardest and I hope everything turns out the best it can.
  • I’m so sorry you’re having to deal with this, but I’m here to say im thinking of you. Stay strong, and we’re all here for you. 
  • So sorry to hear this. Hoping things turn out positively for you and your family. The waiting game is so tough. I’ll be thinking of you and your family.
  • Prayers for you and your family! Hang in there, we'll be thinking about you.
  • Hoping for the best for you and your family!
  • I'm so sorry.  I hope you get more answers soon and some positive news! 
  • Sorry that there isn't more information for you and your family right now, but am hopeful that things will turn out well. Be good to yourself <3
  • Im so sorry, the waiting game is never easy. Prayers for you and your family! 
  • I have your family and baby-saur in my thoughts
  • I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. Thinking of you and your family
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how you must be feeling. The unknown is always the worst to deal with. Praying for you and your family  <3
  • Waiting for answers has got to be so hard. But you are a strong momma with a strong faith. I am praying for you and your family. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • The unknown is always hard.  You're doing great and I'll keep ya'll in my thoughts!  Wishing you peace along this journey.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Stay strong, we will be thinking of you and your family! <3
  • Prayers for you and your family  <3
  • Sorry to hear you have so many unknowns. It must be hard to prepare when you don't know. I hope for the best outcome and I'm sending positive thoughts your way. Big hugs .
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• So sorry to hear you ha e a lot of waiting ahead. Prayers for you and your family! We are all here when you need to talk and thanks for sharing! 
  • <3 lots of strength to you in the time of uncertainty. I’ll definitely be thinking about you and hoping for answers that help you prepare.
  • Thank you for the update, I've been thinking of you! You, your family, and especially your little one will be in my prayers. I hope for the best possible outcome and that you get the answers you need in the coming weeks. As others have said, we are all here to listen and support the best we can in your journey ahead.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • I’m so sorry that you have to experience the worry and heartache while you wait for answers. I’m thankful that you have such a good support system. It seems that you have a lot of people in your corner. Hoping everything turns out for the best. 
  • Ooph. That sounds like it was an extremely hard visit and I'm so sorry you've received hard news. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts for sure and hope you get further details soon. Thanks so much for keeping us updated. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Sending prayers your way. Hugs.
  • I am so sorry to hear this! I’ll be thinking of you and your sweet baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Sending lots of prayers and good vibes to you and your family.
  • So sorry you’re having to go through all this stress and uncertainty.
    Thinking of you and your family! I’m glad you will *hopefully* be getting some answers sooner than you thought! 
  • I’m so sorry man. I will keep you, your family and your little boy in my prayers. I hope you get some good news from the genetic testing.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So sorry to hear this. Thinking of you and your family and hope the results bring good news. Please keep us updated.
  • I’m so sorry to hear this. I am hoping so hard that you get some good news from all of the tests. You and your family are in my thoughts. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• I'm so sorry you are going through this - it sounds like you have a great outlook and are staying strong. Hopefully you get some more answers this week 
  • I’m so sorry you have to go through this, I hope you get some good news from the MRI and blood tests! Your family is in my thoughts.
  • I'm so sorry you're going through this! I'm glad they are able to get in you in for more tests sooner, and I hope you are given great help and advice and as much preparation as possible. I hope everyone is able to take care of your baby as well as possible. Thinking of your family and praying for strength, clarity, and anything else you may need.
  • Keeping you, your little one, and your family in my prayers! ♥️
  • Thinking of you and your family  <3