Baby Names
Options

Nickname possibilities

DH and I are TTC and just starting to discuss names.  We both really like Bridget.  However, I'm definitely a nickname person - I almost always use them.  Not a fan of Biddy/Bitty but just not sure what else it could be?  I know nicknames tend to develop naturally, but I struggle a little with names that have no obvious possibilities.  Thoughts?

Re: Nickname possibilities

• Options
    Birdie
    Idgie
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know one that goes by Bridge

Personallt I don’t think it even needs a nickname though 

• Options
  • Options
    bbiutmcph said:
    I know one that goes by Bridge

Personallt I don’t think it even needs a nickname though 

I agree in theory - it's a great name on it's own.  I just know myself and I use nicknames a lot!
  • Options
    Brie

I didn't even think of Brie/Bri/Bree - definitely short and sweet, which is how I would use a nickname. 
  • Options
    bawagsbawags member
    I don't think it needs a nick name since it is a relatively short name anyway. I like the nn Birdie though!
  • Options
    In Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Bridget's nickname is just Bee.

(Yes, I feel lame for citing Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, but it is what it is. :D)
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    Nicknames don't have to be related to first names either. DH's name is Christopher, nn Moe.. his nn has a story behind it from when he was maybe 2 and his father told it at our wedding which was so sweet because DH didn't even know why they called him Moe. Just my two cents.. you may call her Bee or Bridge or anything (: 
  • Options
    mb0112mb0112 member
    Bee, Birdie, maybe a nickname using her initials or something that develops naturally.

As long as her initials aren’t BJ or BO!
  • Options
    My youngest daughter's name is Bridget and we started occasionally calling her Bridgey as more of a pet name after my older daughter started doing so. I think it's cute though I would obviously never introduce her by it! That said, I knew a Bridget once who often went by Brie and have always considered that if it "felt natural". Bridget is just a great name overall.
  • Options
    A nickname may form after baby is born....it may come naturally 
  • Options
    Great ideas, thank you!