July 2018 Moms
Options

MOTN 7/2

124»

Re: MOTN 7/2

• Options
    @emsnedds I feel the same way! Glad I'm not the only one falling asleep while bfing! I feel so guilty! I noticed if I don't at least take a 20 min nap at some point dutodu the day I'm just a heavy sleeper at night. Lo gives me 3-4 hour stretches but it's just hard to wake up when it's time!

@lindsayleigh1989 the night sweats! And in general running so hot all. The. Time!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    emsnedds said:
    I’m barely keeping my eyes open while bfing right now. Baby must be going through his 2 week growth spurt because we went from 4-6 hour stretches of sleep at night, to waking every hour to bf.  I do not function well as a decent human being when I’m exhausted. It’s really hard to keep my cool and not get frustrated at night, and then I’m cranky and mean during the day. But then I come on this thread and see that I am not alone, and it makes me feel so much better. It reminds me that this is normal and temporary. Everyone is sleep deprived at this stage and we will all get through it and eventually be able to sleep through the night again. 
    Also me right now! Two weeks tomorrow and it’s been non stop feedings since yesterday every 1-2 hrs! Hopefully it passes quickly and we can get back our nice 4 hrs stretch. I have resorted to laying in bed to feed. I’m so exhausted and cranky. 
    @lindsayleigh1989 yes to gassy baby. I was going to ask the pedi today what we can do. I think that’s about reason why LO is feeding so much. It seems to relieve some of the gas and poop. But he’s been crying and fussing from the pain which is not his usual.
  • Options
    @wildtot I am only on day 2 and I already resorted to lying down to feed three times last night. He was up wanting to eat every hour and the exhaustion took over. We nursed side lying and then I let him stay there to sleep between feedings and I felt it was safer than me trying to sit up and to feed and risk falling asleep/dropping him. I  know and followed all the safety guidelines for bed sharing. Do what you gotta do! 
  • Options
    @wildtot @zande2016 side lying has been saving me! I never did it with my first and I wish I had! Being able to even just snooze like that while she eats has been helpful
  • Options
    @julianne0 with My first we had to use the nipple shield until he was much older and could never get side lying to work. We did it when he was older and I loved getting to relax and just enjoy staring at him. I am sooo excited that this baby is a great breast feeder and took to Side lying because it is seriously a life saver. 
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 @wildtot also dealing with a gassy baby.  She seems gassy after she eats but still seems to want to nurse every hour, and she also has a lot of hiccups and sneezing, so I just feel bad for her  :/ we’ve been trying to keep her upright when nursing and massaging her tummy. Has anyone tried the fridababy windi? I have some but haven’t tried them yet - they seem... odd. 
  • Options
    @ckmb_knottie i have a windi but haven’t tried it. I’m kinda nervous to try it. We started the gas drops yesterday after our pedi appointment and he seems so much happier. He went a full 5 hrs between feedings right after and then at night did a full 6 with hardly any fuss. I honestly think his over eating was more for stomach relief. The pedi said that babies associate a lot of their stomach feelings to hunger even if they just ate. He also doesn’t burp very often even if i spend a good time trying.
  • Options
    @wildtot are you using gas drops before or after every feeding? Or just when you feed your son needs them?
  • Options
    @kbernal2021 I’ve only used it twice yesterday when i noticed him staring to get fussy with the hour of being fed. Technically you can do 12 doses in 24 hrs (so you could do with feedings) but I’m trying to use as needed. He’s been less fussy since then and hopefully back to our 2-3 hr feeding routine during the day. 
    Also the pedi is pretty insisting to break the cluster feeding habit. She doesn’t think it’s necessary because he’s eating a good amount and gaining weight quickly. So we have to try to delay with a pacifier or other tricks which is hard sometimes. 
  • Options
    Dealing with gas issues here too. Our pediatrician is anti supplements so he didn't recommend drops, but didn't say to avoid them either. I've been thinking that some of the over eating is from a desire to soothe his tummy just like @wildtot said! I may try some today. 
  • Options
    +1 for a gassy baby. She likes the boob to soothe her tummy but she’s still fussy. I just got her to take a pacifier which helps a little, especially at night. Bicycling her legs helps, but only so much. 
    @kbernal2021 I’ve been thinking about getting the windi, my son was really gassy too and I’ve had to help him out with a lubed up rectal thermometer.. weird but it totally worked. I think the gas drops/gripe water are mostly placebo, I’ve never noticed much of a difference with either. 
  • Options
    I'm guessing of I had a gassy baby I would know?? Last night was the only time I thought he was gassy. He had just fallen asleep after feeding but he woke up 15 min later and started crying and fussying like crazy. After 10 minutes of massages and bicycling legs... On to the boob he went and all was well *shrug*
  • Options
    @wildtot ahhhh it's hard to find alternative to cluster feeding but I wish I was told the same. It's my least favorite part of mommyhood right now...
  • Options
    I only use them as needed since DD doesnt seem to be uncomfortable after every feeding.  But wondering if maybe over eating or cluster feeding may be a culprit. 
    @acunamatada if you try the windi I'm curious to know how it worked and if you liked it!
    @kissableviv I know DD is gassy because she acts like her belly hurts. She will pull her legs up (almost like shes trying to curl in a ball), she will be fussy, and laying on her belly seems to provide a little relief. Once we give gas drops or she passes the gas or poops she seems like all her problems have been solved. Usually it results in a pretty massive diaper!
  • Options
    I got a sample Windi but I'm not sure I'm desperate enough to try it yet! My coworker swears by them. 
  • Options
    @kat029 I legit lol'd at that :lol: I've done the same and get all mad that DS won't take the paci. Kinda hard when it's no where near his mouth :sleeping:
  • Options
    @kat029 I am trying hard not to laugh out loud. I totally have done that before. Everything looks the same in the dark!

Currently sitting with DD2 upright on my chest while I wait for her to digest a bit. She spits up when I lay her flat so I think she overate a little. Also, she hasn't pooped tonight yet so I am hoping she does this before we try to go back to sleep...but she is sleeping so soundly on me right now that I'm not sure that's gonna happen.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    michelle_birdmichelle_bird member
    edited July 2018
    Our last sleep stretch was only 54 minutes, which includes some snoozing on me before I put him down. I think I need to give DH a swaddle refresher! 

ETA my baby app tells me that I've spent 24 hours breastfeeding since bringing LO home from the hospital. Wowza, no wonder I'm tired!