July 2018 Moms

Weekend Randoms 7/7

13»

Re: Weekend Randoms 7/7

• @zande2016 When you figure out how to tell people you work with to mind their own business, let me know. I get a few emails and verbal “how are you feeling” a week from a coworker. She looks at me all concerned too. At least I don’t hear from her on the weekends yet.

• @zande2016 That's a great idea and I will so be using it since I am 99% positive DS is going to act up after baby. 

@ashbub714 Yay for things moving along and epidural bliss! So happy for you :) 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Loading the player...
  • April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Hah! I like how telling my advice to @wildtot was compared with @zande2016 's. In my house, DD demands soooo much attention from us no matter how much one on one time she gets with us that I am kind of looking forward to her having to deal with not being the center of attention. Like, "I cannot come help you in the bathroom because I am feeding your sister and you are fully capable of doing it yourself." Or, "I know you want me to make you a book right this second but I am putting your sister to sleep." She will get plenty of "special" time with me or daddy or any of our guests, and so will her brother, who just generally is more content with entertaining himself, so I am resigned to not feel too guilty. I am a mean mom I guess...which she actually screams at me when I refuse to help her in the bathroom or if I refuse to drop what I'm working on to make her yet another damn book.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • @flockofmoosen3 I think it depends on the toddlers age. My son is only 21 months so it’s a different dynamic I feel 
  • nimmlenimmle member
    Helping DH with his homework is exhausting. Glad I have this to look forward to with this LO when he starts school **eye roll**. Hopefully he doesn't take after his dad in the argument department.
  • Thanks ladies! These first few days will be hard but your all right he will come around. It’s saddening to see him become distant but your right i just need to figure out what I can do with him to make up for what i can’t. 
  • @flockofmoosen3 Naw, not a mean mom at all, just a mom with a different kid than mine, lol. DS is 2.5 with a speech delay so communication is already bad, and he is fine being by himself and self entertaining, so when he actually wants undivided attention and doesn't get it he starts feeling resentful and neglected. If he was older or easier to interact with I would so be doing the "too bad, so sad" routine with him. 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • @flockofmoosen3 I think its a balance of what you do and what @zande2016 suggested. There are things that I will still make him do himself that he hates, like get dressed and put his shoes on, going potty in the potty, etc. But I think that I can make concessions if they both want to eat at the same time, or if DS wants water and DS2 needs his diaper changed. That won't cause any backslide with things he needs to be independent on. 
  • Thanks guys for the reassurance. I just felt kinda bad that was where my head went when wildtot needed some advice for her son, who is much younger, and I was like "he'll get over it". I don't expect the same level of independence from my 2.5yo, who also has a speech delay, so everyday is a balancing act. My DD is so wonderful in so many ways (nurturing, artistic, thoughtful, whip smart) but she has developed this frustrating sense of helplessness with us that I have no patience for and it's become our daily struggle.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • I came on here expecting announcements! Maybe tonight :)

• nimmlenimmle member
    zande2016 said:
    Ugh. Monday. Still pregnant. 
    Right there with you, sister!
  • chaser61 said:
    I came on here expecting announcements! Maybe tonight :)

Lol i do the same!
  • nimmlenimmle member
    chaser61 said:
    I came on here expecting announcements! Maybe tonight :)

Also same.
  • Best of luck to you @ashbub714

@zande2016 I’ve wanted to get Indian food so bad but I don’t have ANYONE who would eat it with me 

I've been dying for indian for months but DH (who hates Indian anyway) has been like "are you sure?" and talking me out of it between the reflux and the possible induction.  Well counter people come today and have 2 weeks of down time with the kitchen so Vindaloo for dinner it is! can't wait

MichelleAG05 DD did poop picasso a couple times - quick luke-warm/cool hose off in the bathtub with the shower head ONE TIME was all it took and she's never done it again.  
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Due date is today. Still pregnant as well. Never thought I’d be so bummed about reaching this day. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• zande2016 said:
    Same here! I assume I'll still be pregnant next Monday too, oh well.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • zande2016 said:
    Same boat...over it...

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker