September 2018 Moms

6/18 Weekly Randoms

124»

Re: 6/18 Weekly Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • nackienackie member
    @nlc8424 wow! Congrats to your friend. That’s awesome. And possibly 3?!?
  • @nlc8424 That's nuts that one split! Seriously, what are the odds? Haha, best low odds they've ever struck I'm sure! FX for as healthy of a multiples pregnancy as possible! There's so much great prenatal care available now for twins and triplets. 
  • @nlc8424 That is so exciting!!! And it will be great to have kids close in age to your kid! So happy for your friend! 

• @nlc8424 I am still excited for your friend over here. I woke up this morning and soon after thought about this exciting news for your friend and her H.
  • samd6samd6 member
    @nlc8424 that’s awesome!!! IVF can be Super stressful, sending good vibes her way for a successful pregnancy!! 

On a similar note, my bestie got pregnant about 2 weeks after I did and had a MC. They just found out she’s about 7 weeks pregnant again! Crossing my fingers and toes for her this time around. They just bought a new house and that seems to be the magic in our friend group to keep a pregnancy going ;)

I get comments like that all the time @BusinessWife one lady who is a regular in my store said “no, you can’t be 6 1/2 months, you have to be closer to 3” ummmm tell my pelvis, waddle and anxiety that! Unless you are some mystic doctor and have figured out that I’ll be pregnant for 3 extra months, move it along. I think the reason I am not showing as much is because I have an absurdly long torso for my height, there’s a lot of vertical room for this baby to chill. It gets tricky in buying maternity shirts that are long enough though...

Lastly, two days ago the hubs finally got to feel the baby kick. He was so freaked out and excited by it. I thought it’d never happen! This anterior placenta keeps getting in the way. Will it move throughout pregnancy or once it posts up, it stays?
  • @nlc8424 that is awesome!!! Can you keep us updated? How crazy to go from trying so hard for one to possibly having three. So happy for them. 
  • stothistothi member
    @samd6 the placenta can move apparently. I didn't know that. Mine started anterior but is lateral now, off to the left side, which I'd never heard of before. I feel some movement on the left but it's not much and it's muted. All the clear kicks and crazy movements I feel over on my right side.

Yesterday I met a woman who is due almost 4 weeks before me and she looked so small to me! My belly was twice as big as her's! But she is a ftm and a good 2-3 inches taller than me and that extra torso space really does make a difference in how much baby can spread up and down vs needing to come straight out.
  • @stothi My bump is massive for my size too. I think it just looks big because it sticks straight out. One of my friends is 7 weeks ahead of me and a STM mom. At her shower a few weeks ago we looked like we could be due the same day. It's nuts how differently everyone carries. 
  • There’s a mom I see at my daughters daycare who is also pregnant...I would never say anything to her, but I figured she was at least 2-3 months further along than me...I would have guessed she was due in early June. I was chatting with her in May, and we realized she’s only 2 weeks ahead of me, due end of August! I’m a little tall (about 5’6”) but I have a long torso, so plenty of room for baby! And I’m not particularly skinny, but I don’t normally carry any extra weight in my midsection, so lots of “normal” shirts still fit me fine! I feel huge though, as a STM I don’t think I was this big until it was time to give birth the first time!
  • I'm short, 5'3 and was average in size, 6-8 before expecting. I've gained about 15 lbs and it literally looks like a just stuffed a basketball up my shirt. If you are looking at me from behind or straight forward, it doesn't seem like I'm "that big" but if you look at me from the side, I'm pretty big. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• For me, I have noticed clothing makes a big difference.  Stuff that is cut looser, flowier... maybe people who don't know me very well think I could just be an extra-thick girl?!?  TBH, I notice lots of women out and about who maybe are mothers of older children, and seem to be thicker around the middle anyway, (even though they haven't been pregnant for a while).  So I mean, I guess there are enough people shaped like that with a belly or a paunch that people don't want to assume.

But I mean, obviously if you know me, there's no mistaking it, bc I don't normally carry extra weight around my middle.  And then if I have a top on that's just a <i>little</i> more fitted, where you can see that it's clearly a bump I'm not trying to conceal...

But I mean, I wouldn't say I'm carrying small At. All. Perfect example, holy moly, I put on this basic black dress from amazon, I guess I didn't realize how body con it was going to be, and as just like oh shh.  Now that is a BUMP right there!  But the biggest difference is that it is fitted <i>beneath</i> the bump, too, so there's no mistaking.  Where most blouses and dresses will just drape from the bump down.

Even at my last apt, I was measuing 29 @28+2, so.... by no means am I not showing. Lmao  Ppl are just weird.
  • @nlc8424 This is IVF #3, correct? 3 babies that were meant to be here for some reason :heart:
    @stothi I had an anterior placenta at my 20 week scan, but can no feel a lot more than I thought and it's mostly on one side. I wonder if my placenta has moved. I knew they could move towards, or away, from the cervix. But I didn't know they could go laterally. Bodies are weird.
  • @Redpuma119 either #2 or #3, either way, she's going to be great no matter what with 2 or 3 babies!