December 2018 Moms
Options

Share your Announcements here!!!

Re: Share your Announcements here!!!

• Options

@hbmama21 I am SO SORRY they reacted that way. That's such a cute announcement. I would have cried if I got that response. I feel like they're being really selfish. Maybe this move (if it happens) is what's best for YOUR FAMILY.  We conceived without fertility help this time too!! :)

@scaredunprepared It's so great that your family is being supportive!!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    @hbmama21
     I'm so sorry your family was unsupportive. They can suck it
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hbmama21 I’m so sorry they reacted that way. It’s terrible when people can’t see past themselves to be joyful for someone.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @hbmama21 Ugh what the hell.  I'm so sorry they reacted that way.  I hope they come around and realize they were being completely ridiculous.

@scaredunprepared YAY!!  SO GLAD your family was supportive!  What a relief that must be for you.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @hbmama21I'm so sorry that you didn't get the reaction from family that you were hoping for and that you deserve. As others have said, it's wonderful that you have fantastic friends to share your excitement, though!  And of course, us here ;)  
  • Options
    @hbmama21 I'm sorry the response wasn't joyful like it should've been. A grandchild is SO special, so matter how far away they live. That's so selfish!
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @mamajudec2018 Your announcement had me in tears. How special  <3
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @hbmama21 Oh my god, I'm so sorry! What on earth is wrong with them? It's a wonderful gift to have a grandchild no matter where they live and especially if you had an infertility diagnosis! I'm so glad you have wonderful friends who are supportive and excited to make up for it. Hugs.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your input on my announcement :)
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @texas_t Thank you ❤️
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango What a great way to share from afar!
  • Options
    @gingersnap-mama

Awwww that's cute. And I love that the kiddo s'mores are smaller :)

• Options
    @IMC I love it!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @kristah2 that's not cool.  I'm sorry your grandparents are having a crappy response to it all.  Hopefully they come around soon.
  • Options
    @kristah2 WTF. I don't really even know what to say to all that. Sorry they're acting that way. Hopefully they snap out of it, and start being more loving and supportive, soon.
  • Options
    I mean they also gave my (then) 3 month old, exclusively breast fed child ice cream cake with a pile of frosting and food dye so if they don't come around it's really their loss and definitely not mine. 
  • Options
    kristah2 said:
    I mean they also gave my (then) 3 month old, exclusively breast fed child ice cream cake with a pile of frosting and food dye so if they don't come around it's really their loss and definitely not mine. 
    WHAT?!? Oh man, I would have been livid if I was you. I get that "times are different" but a 3 month old should never get that much sugar!! That is completely ridiculous. I'm sorry they're acting the way they are with this announcement. Who cares if your step mom is "blood" or not, it's your decision who visits, not theirs.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @kristah2 :o:o:open_mouth: At first I skimmed and missed the 3 MONTHS PART and was like, "Oh, we've got a crazy" (ha #judgment, sorry) but yeah. A 3-month old really shouldn't...be taking solids... :# 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @CecilB93 I was so mad. I picked him up and left and didn't see them for about 4 months and refused to let her sit near him for any dinners since. Between the sugar and the dairy that this child has never digested before and the fear of a food dye allergy (since I have one) I was beyond upset. And the poor child was SO sick all night. He had such horrible gas pains he screamed for hours. 
    @PensiveCrayon no worries about the judgement! I am definitely not crazy about what my child eats. I'm actually probably more relaxed then most. But at 3 months I had a huge issue! 
  • Options
    @kristah2 I'm so sorry they reacted that way.  I'll never understand why people can't just be happy for an expecting couple.  I just...don't get it.  And don't get me started on the ice cream cake...oooohh, girl, I would have ragey!  

@PensiveCrayon You'd probably be a little judgy with me because I'm kind of THAT Mom.  I mean, we give DD (2 years) sugar now, but when she was a little, I would tell the IL's no sugar at all.  Because if I gave her just the smallest amount of sugar in front of them, they would take that as a go-ahead to just load he up with sugar every time they saw her.  Because, they have very poor eating habits.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @kristah2 omg, I can totally relate! My mother and grandmother are exactly the same! My mother gets jealous of my boyfriend's mom all the time because she's not "my family" and since she lives closer she sees my DS more often. And when we told my grandmother I was expecting for her to ask me when are we going to get married because it's her dying wish to see me walk down the aisle.. but instead she kept asking me if my bf was happy about the baby because sometimes "you will be happy but the man is just faking it and does not want another baby at all".... Family, right?
  • Options
    @Selina1313 solidarity! 
  • Options
    @kristah2 @Selina1313
    Oy vey! My xmas wish is that your families get their priorities straight right away. They need some ghosts of xmas future to show them the bridges they’re slowly burning. 
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @selina1113 and @kristah2 ugh, families. I’m sorry you are dealing with ALL of that. 
  • Options
    @Selina1313 @echo-charlietango and @kristah2 I am sorry your families are not just being totally supportive and positive. I have come to the conclusion that some people are just too self absorbed to be happy for others. 
    I told my mom at 9 weeks and she told me that I should not be telling people that early. So, I (through gritted teeth) explained to her that I was telling her because others knew due to my lifting restrictions and being able to pick up DS. Then, she acted like I was being dramatic, so I told her that I had been spotting and *
    TW* about my miscarriage *End TW* She went on to tell me that we we should have waited longer in between. But, she is mystified that we don’t drive 2.5 hours to see her more often.

My MIL does not know yet and DH is dreading telling her because she is still upset that she was not in the OR or labor room with DS (others came in the room to drop by and bring DH food and things and she could have too, but she didn’t). She hates me and told DH a couple of years ago that he should not have any more children with me because I’m just after child support, despite the fact that we have been together for 10 years and married for 5. 
  • Options
    @katy0990 I wish there wasn't as many of us with shitty  supportive families! I don't know why MIL's think they DESERVE to be in the labor room. COME ON.. because I need you seeing my hoo-hah when I am the most uncomfortable I've ever been in my life plus I definitely  need you there on the most magical moment that I want to share with just DH... go away. 
    My MIL isn't much better. She traveled across the country for my baby shower and she was such a brat and treated my mom so poorly that I got home and sat up with H until 2am crying. 
    This baby is due Dec 2 and I already told H I don't want her here over Christmas and she can come in January. Lets hope he has a backbone.
    I hope your H is supportive enough to tell her to shove it when she talks about you like that. ugh. 
  • Options
    @kristah2 Oh my god, I'm sorry for the terrible reaction and wtf about the cake and frosting at 3 months??? Holy cow! That's awful. 
  • Options
    @kristah2 I hope he backs you up and she stays (far) away until you are ready (as you will ever be) to deal with her.  Fortunately, my DH knows that his mom is insane and backs me up with her 100%. To be honest, she does it to herself. She moved to live near us three years and it was a complete nightmare. One day, she came over here and one of her moods and insisted that she had left some pills here. She was outside digging through our trashcan throwing trash everywhere so I went out there to talk to her. I was holding my four-month-old and she got in my face calling me names and accusing me of stealing some of her clothes. She also was ranting about how she thinks I stole her ring in her purse at our wedding. She was waving her arms around and scratched me WHILE I WAS HOLDING HER 4 MONTH OLD GRANDSON! So, ever since the relationship has been very strained and she does not have anything nice to say about me. A couple of months ago, she up and decided to move two states away, without even telling MH.   I am glad that he does not buy into her crap, but I do wish (especially as the mother to a boy) that their relationship was better. She is not getting any younger and I don’t want him to have any regrets.
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango I didn’t realize you changed your profile pic. I was like who is this!?!?
  • Options
    Waiting for the final editing to be done so this is just a preview she took a pic of off her computer for me, but it's cute! I can't wait for the final product!
  • Options
    @winterplumeria I think you forgot the attachment  :)