September 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 6/4

13»

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/4

• nackienackie member
    stothi  My OB automatically gives episiotomies! I was so scared of it but ended up with a CS. 
    That seems very unnecessary. Is there a reason behind that practice (and I needed one. In addition to loads of tearing)
  • Agree with everyone else. Episiotomies are only indicated in certain situations. In most cases, a tear is much better! 
  • Loading the player...
  • stothistothi member
    stothi  My OB automatically gives episiotomies! I was so scared of it but ended up with a CS. 
    Say what now!? Always for everyone all the time?
  • DanyTargaryen  starla   My Ob is female and yes, she gives them to all moms. 
  • DanyTargaryen  starla   My Ob is female and yes, she gives them to all moms. 
    Yeah, you do you, but that's not recommended and I would run like hell from that doctor. And consider reporting them. I'm not being cut without an immediate emergency reason. That's just me of course, but cutting everyone is totally unnecessary.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Like @nackie I also had an episiotomy because if not I would have had a 4th degree tear through my perineum. So she saved me a little, but I also had second degree tears to go along with it. Episiotomies are not standard practice though with my OB/hospital, thank god.
  • mrsman2018mrsman2018 member
    edited June 2018
    dexnie Yeah, I def did not want one. I am in Canada, so maybe they are more common here or just at her practice. I had a CS and a RCS this time, so I am okay with her. If I was giving birth vaginally, I would absolutely ask to not have one and it was even in my birth plan. I can't see her going against your wishes. 
  • Yeah, the invitation to groups function is kinda screwed up right now @BumpAdmin @bumptara @BumpCaitlin
  • @mrsman2018 I live in BC and they are definitely not standard at the hospital I deliver at (as I'm thinking of asking for one... due to tearing in the same spot 2 times)  However, one of my friends who delivered in Ontario, I'm pretty sure her doctor did them routinely, though she didn't end up with an episiotomy.
    Daughter #1 - Feb 2012
    Daughter #2 - Oct 2014
    Daughter #3 - Nov 2016
    Baby #4 - Sept 2018
  • arcticseal-2  It is not likely standard at my hospital, more of what dr you have. She never told me she does them routinely, but I work at the hospital and a nurse that worked with her told me she does them routinely. We did not discuss it because of my SCS. 
  • Yeah, the invitation to groups function is kinda screwed up right now @BumpAdmin @bumptara @BumpCaitlin
    I had invited you. I removed the invite so try again.
    I had invited you. I removed the invite so try again.
    Ugh supposedly that messes it up. Check your inbox.
  • starlastarla member
    It won't let me join the Parlor. I tried the part 2 one and I think it won't let me even send a request. Let me know if you didn't get it!
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Has anyone tried mobile through their browser (not the app)? I’ve been able to submit requests fine that way. 
  • nackienackie member
    I did it on mobile with my browser. I think it worked. At least I didn’t get an error. 
  • I guess I should be checking this thread more often.... I wanna be in the private group.
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• smsaulino said:
    I guess I should be checking this thread more often.... I wanna be in the private group.
    She setup a new one The Parlor 2 because there were issues with the first one. Go request to be part of the group. 
  • Thanks @klj0228 I sent one to both
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• starla said:
    It won't let me join the Parlor. I tried the part 2 one and I think it won't let me even send a request. Let me know if you didn't get it!
    I didn’t get a request for part 2, and I didn’t send any invites. Did you try on desktop? If it still doesn’t work later I can send you an invite but if that doesn’t work I don’t want to mess it up again.
  • smsaulino said:
    Thanks @klj0228 I sent one to both
    I’m deleting the old group tonight. People were having issues joining so we created the part 2 one instead.
  • Has anyone watched the Let Down on Netflix? 
  • @BusinessWife Oh my gosh YES!!!!! Hysterical! Highly recommend for anyone who has not watched it. 
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• @BusinessWife I just watched a trailer, and I’m looking forward to checking it out tonight! Thanks! 
  • Has anyone watched the Let Down on Netflix? 
    No, but I’m currently watching Set It Up on Netflix it’s a new RomCom...I’m a sucker for a good RomCom, and it is pretty good! 
  • I requested to join the parlor part 2 this morning...just checked and I don't have access yet. Let me know if I did something wrong!
  • Whoops!  Omg I just realized this was the old random thread....  :# #sosorrysosloppy