Infertility

May 2018 - IVF

Re: May 2018 - IVF

• @mayflower513 ah!! That’s so exciting! Your beta is 5/30 right? FX that line keeps getting darker! 
    @retro_belle24 3 is great! Also second that question of how can they tell that the envies would not sustain pregnancy? Based on quality alone? 

Just wanted to update that transfer went well today! I asked about grading and he said it’s a “one one.. an A plus embryo.” I thought the grading was like a number followed by two letters but whatever, doctor seemed very pleased. Two extras to freeze today and a few more that will hopefully catch up by tomorrow. Feeling so grateful that everything has worked out so far. And this weekend is our anniversary so feeling extra lucky :)

• @mayflower513 @leilee101 I guess the other two just stop growing. They waiting until day 7, which is today, and they weren't growing or progressing along. 
    Me: 28  DH:30
    Together since: May 2005
    Married: June 2015
    TTC #1 with IVF & PDG/S (reduce the chance of our child being born with Nager Syndrome)

• Loading the player...
  • @retro_belle24 Congrats on 3 good embryos!  That's great news and definitely better than your bad dream. Our minds can be so cruel sometimes, making us live an unpleasant experience that otherwise never had to happen. I can imagine that the wait will be tough, and if you need to focus elsewhere, that's understandable. We'll be here if you need us. FX the time goes by quickly and you get the results you're hoping for from the testing. 

@leilee101 Congrats on a good transfer! It's funny how it will seem like there's a standard for certain things, like grading embryos, and then one doctor or place will just have some other system, but either way, it sounds like yours was great! I hope your anniversary luck ensures this is a sticky one!

@mayflower513 This sounds like a good trend! I hope it keeps up for you! FX

Me: 32 DH: 33
    TTC since 05/2015
    Dx: Unexplained infertility
    **TW**
    BFP 10/14/16, MC 11/09/16
    IUI 12/06/17 - BFN
    IVF #1 05/18 - 11 retrieved, No Fertilization
    IVF #2 05/19 in Prague - 15 retrieved, 12 fertilized via ICSI, 9 blasts: 1 fresh transfer, 8 frozen. BFP - 1st beta: 43. 2nd beta: 57. 3rd beta: 88. 4th beta: 112. Bloodwork, ultrasounds and waiting until we figure out what's going on  :(
  • @leilee101 awesome!!  Congratulations!!  @retro_belle24  ah got it!  

Thank you @sarah_fox!  I’m nervous.  Of course today I feel super crampy!
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• @leilee101 when is your beta?

TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• @mayflower513   6/4.. seems so far away! It was supposed to be 6/3 but having a girls get away weekend that’s been planned for a while so instead of skipping it I just pushed it back a day. I’ve had enough of IF ruining all of my plans! Gonna try to hold off on testing but who are we kidding I always cave 
  • hey may ivf friends

*tw*
    It looks like a CP for me. My HCG was only up to 32 this morning - up from 29 on Wednesday. I'll continue all meds until I'm at a 0 which is hopefully sooner than later. 

We're incredibly bummed that this wasn't the round for us, but we have 7 embies on ice and will be jumping right into FET. 

FX for everyone this month. I hope there are tons of BFPs!  <3
    On to the July FET board!

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited May 2018
    @madasm0530 I’m so so sorry.  I wish you healing and I hope the next one sticks for you!!

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• I’m sorry @madasm0530. That sucks.
    With 7 frozen embryos, you’ve got a really good chance of success in the near future. I hope this next one works out for you. GL
    TTC since 05/2015
    **TW**
    IUI 12/06/17 - BFN
    IVF #2 05/19 in Prague - 15 retrieved, 12 fertilized via ICSI, 9 blasts: 1 fresh transfer, 8 frozen. BFP - 1st beta: 43. 2nd beta: 57. 3rd beta: 88. 4th beta: 112. Bloodwork, ultrasounds and waiting until we figure out what's going on  :(
  • suziev3suziev3 member
    @madasm0530 Really sorry.  I'm glad you have embryos to do FET with.  Hopefully, the next one is the one. If any of my embryos turn out to be pgs normal, I will be joining you over at July FET.  
    @leilee101 Congrats on your transfer.  I wish you many distractions during your wait.
    @mayflower513 I hope that squinter starts getting darker for you.  
  • @madasm0530 ugh so sorry girl.. I really thought that beta was strong. **tw** when I had my CP with my IUI, it was a strange feeling because it’s not even technically considered a pregnancy but it was so real to me. It’s hard, so take care of yourself. But I’ll pass along the silver lining that my dr said to me: it means you can get pregnant, so it’s not all bad. I’m so glad you have embryos on ice, hoping the next one sticks!
  • Hi everyone, just jumping over from the June IVF thread as I am stimming right now but the ER will happen in June.  Just a quick question as this is my first round of IVF, Got my first blood test result and they said my E2 level is lower than they want.  It is at 311 pmol/L and they want it to be 500 pmol/L on day 5. I am in Canada so the measurement I believe is different in the USA, and when I converted it to the USA measurement that is only 82. Anyone had a slow response and then an increase?  I go in on Monday for bloodwork and first U/S.
  • Hi @Imajin99 .. I was super slow to start, on day 3 I was 33 and then day 5 I was 115. I ended up stimming for 14 days and got 11 mature eggs. I was freaking out and googling like crazy, only to have it work out in the end. Mr doctor called my ovaries a crockpot, slow and steady! As long as that number is rising, you should be ok. Everyone is different, and try not to get caught up in comparing numbers (Says the girl who compared all of the numbers). They will increase your dose if necessary (they did not increase mine until the last night). Good luck!!
  • Hi @Imajin99!  I wasn’t a slow starter, but we had a few of them here, such as @leilee101 above that ended up with great results!  I wish you the best!

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• ER is complete. They got 11 eggs. We’ll find out on Monday how many are mature and fertilized. Home resting up now. 
    Does anyone know if its normal for them to go through the uterus to get to an ovary? I was completely out for the procedure but my husband said the doctor was explaining to the resident who was observing that she had to go through the uterus to reach my left ovary and “she’s not going to like it”(me). I wasn’t sure if it’s just more unpleasant during the procedure or if it impacts anything after the fact. They didn’t mention anything so it must not be a big deal, I'm just curious. 
    TTC since 05/2015
    **TW**
    IUI 12/06/17 - BFN
  • @mayflower513 Thank-you.

leilee101 Thank-you so much, I hope I will achieve what you have and wishing you the best over the next several days.  I will post on Monday and let you know, hoping that there are lots of tiny ones and they will just need to keep me on my meds a little longer.

• Ok so starting yesterday I feel like I got punched in the stomach and am so so so bloated.  I look 6 months pregnant.  After calling my doctor and googling, I think it’s OHSS which apparently can flare up with hcg (from bfp??).  My doctor said if it’s not better in the morning to call and they can have me in for blood levels and to check fluid levels...I have a feeling I’ll have to go because it’s not getting better.  I’m starting to drink Gatorade and having steak for dinner ... I’m, of course, worried.  Has anyone had this?

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @madasm0530 I’m so sorry! Glad you have 7 on ice and are jumping into an FET in July!

@mayflower513 AMAZING news- not about the OHSS but about the Line! ;) Back in Feb, I didn’t hyperstim but i also got bloated like I was 6 months pregnant. I was worried because I was flying out of town to ski ( high elevation) so i was worried. I took something because I was constipated which made it worse! I went to my drs office and took 2 bags of IV fluids and was back to normal. The IV was a good option for me. 

@leilee101 Congrats on your transfer. Hoping for a BFP for you! 

@retro_belle24 Hooray for your 3! I know more always seems like better but hopefully you have exactly what you need for success! All good things! 

@sarah_fox Excited for the Monday Report! Hopeful for healthy strong embryos!
  • AFM,
    Had a follow up appointment yesterday for BW since i haven’t gotten my period since ER 10days ago. The nurse guessed that I’ll get my period this weekend based on the blood levels but i have no clue how shed know!  Waiting for this period to start so I can begin patches and lupron/ prep for a June FET. I did get some bummer news that they didn’t mail my biopsy away until yesterday(wtf) so I will get PGS results by June 1st. I’m going to start the FET meds asap even though we don’t have the pgs results back yet which is a risk (because we only have one frozen that I don’t nessesarily want to use without confirming I’ve got back up). 
    Anyone know tricks to bring on a period ??
  • suziev3suziev3 member
    edited May 2018
    @mayflower513 oh no. Sorry that does not sound fun. Glad you are going to head to the doctor. I have never had it (maybe a mild case) but my dr always warns me I am at high risk.   I think the electrolyte drinks should be sugar free for ohss according to my doctor. No fruit. Only protein and greens is basically the diet they put me on. Hope you feel better soon. 
    @sunny_side I haven’t started mine either and it’s been ten days for me. I don’t have the telltale headache I get yet either. If you figure out how to bring on a period let me know!
  • Thank you @sunny_side and @suziev3.  I thought I was in the clear for this!!  

@sunny_side can you ask for provera?  Or does it have to be longer?

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @mayflower513 Dr. told me the Provera takes about 12 days. The blood test told them that I would get it in the next few days so they didn’t want to put me on the meds. Hopefully, it will come in the next 2 days!
  • @mayflower513 That doesn’t sound pleasant at all, and I would have thought you were out of the window for OHSS too, so it’s a bit surprising to have it be so delayed. It sounds like it’s not as surprising or concerning to your doctor, if they’re thinking waiting it out may resolve it. I hope you’re already feeling better or, if not, that the doctor is able to turn it around and give you some peace of mind today. 

Thanks @sunny_side! That’s what I’m hoping for too. I hope your AF shows up ASAP as well.  And @suziev3 ‘s too. 
    TTC since 05/2015
    **TW**
    IUI 12/06/17 - BFN
  • leilee101leilee101 member
    edited May 2018
    @sarah_fox I’m pretty sure that’s how all ERs are done? Idk why the dr would say it like that. But congrats on a great ER! When do you get updates? 

@sunny_side have sex!! That always bring my period on lol 

@mayflower513 how are you feeling?? I agree fluid fluid fluid!! And also TMI but the day before my ER I was convinced I was OHSS because I wasn’t doubled over in pain.. turns out I was just constipated lol and that plus my swollen ovaries was a bad bad mix. So if that’s an issue for you, colace and miralax did wonders!!
    edited May 2018
    @sarah_fox apparently if you get pregnant the hcg your body produces can stimulate the ovaries again.  My doctor said it can be a sign of a healthy pregnancy so FX that’s the case and the silver lining!!

@leilee101 I did take colace because I thought maybe I was constipated even though I’d been going, I ended up not needing it lol

I’m still in pain.  I slept maybe 2 hours last night... laying and walking really hurt so basically I had to try sleeping sitting up on the couch.  I went in this morning and they are running blood work and also did an ultrasound and found 2 fluid pockets and my ovaries are 7 and 9 cms (normal is 3-4).  I have to monitor how much I’m drinking vs putting out and pain.. I may have to go back to repeat blood and/or us in the next couple of days.  He said if I am pregnant it could last a couple of weeks

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• Just got the call. I am an all freeze and had retrieval last Sunday. 19 retrieved, 12 mature, 8 fertilized. They just called and said 4 froze and are all good quality. Thank goodness. God is good! Was having a nervous break down as they were supposed to call me yesterday and I never got a call! But now I can relax thank goodness. Hope you all have a great rest of your weekend. 
  • I got a call from one of the doctors in our clinic this morning, instead of a call from the lab this afternoon. As you can probably imagine, she wasn't calling with good news. We had 11 mature eggs, and good sperm but they weren't binding together and so none of the eggs were fertilized and there's nothing to proceed with. I need to call the clinic to set up an appointment to get more details and figure out next steps. 

In theory I knew this could happen, but I really was not expecting it. 

I'm scared it's going to be a long time before we can move forward with anything. I know they said if the fresh transfer didn't take they'd wait 2 cycles before doing FET, so it seems like it would be at least that long before they'd do another stim cycle. I really just need to stop crying and call them, but I'm struggling. 
    TTC since 05/2015
    **TW**
    IUI 12/06/17 - BFN
  • suziev3suziev3 member
    @sarah_fox I'm so sorry.  This process can be so draining and most of us here can relate to what you are going through.  Cry all you want, it's emotional.  It sounds like you are already thinking of another round, so you know what you want and will try again.  Be good to yourself.  
  • @sarah_fox I’m so sorry you got that news today. We always know in the back of our minds worst case scenarios can occur, but never expect them. You must be devestated, nothing I can say other than I’m really sorry and hope you can get some answers soon
    edited May 2018
    @sarah_fox I am so so sorry.  I have no words.  I hope you get some answers and can have better success on the next round.  I don’t think it’ll be more than a couple of cycles you have to wait —I hope not anyway.  Hugs lady.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• sunny_sidesunny_side member
    edited May 2018
    @sarah_fox My heart goes out to you. I hope you get comforting news in your follow up & you are able to stim again immediately following the start of a period. Praying for you. Xo. 
  • Thanks everyone. I booked a follow up appointment but the earliest available was July 19th. So no more information and probably no chance to start another cycle until after that. I’m not looking forward to the wait. This IVF cycle was the first time I’d felt optimistic about our chances in a while and now we not only have nothing to move forward with for months, but it also feels like if we had 11 good eggs hanging out with a whole bunch of good sperm and not a single fertilization, there’s basically no chance we’re going to get a surprise BFP. 

I obviously did some googling and found some information. I’m assume RE is going to suggest another round of IVF but with ICSI this time (unfortunately the round we just did was the only one we will get funding for, so now we’re all out of pocket). I haven’t really come across any threads or stories about anyone having this result on these boards. Does anyone know of any? I could really do with someone information while I’m waiting for mid-July. 

Anyway, hopefully there will be lots of BFP for this group by then. I need some stories with happy endings to keep me hopeful. Plus I just want good things for all of you. 
    TTC since 05/2015
    **TW**
    IUI 12/06/17 - BFN
  • Checking on everyone.  What’s going on ladies?

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• Happy beta day @mayflower513!!! You made it!
  • Thank you @leilee101 :smile:

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• suziev3suziev3 member
    @mayflower513 Oh it's beta day?!?! Keep us posted.  I'm just patiently (ha!) waiting for pgs results for another week. 
  • Fx for you today @mayflower513!
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• GL today @mayflower513!!!!

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• TW

My beta came back as 413 :). Going back Friday for a repeat to make sure it’s increasing appropriately.  Of course I’ll stay nervous because that’s me!

Started TTC #2 2/16