Infertility

May 2018 - IVF

Re: May 2018 - IVF

• @suziev3 Hope you got great news today!

@madasm0530 sounds like all good signs!! Super excited for you! I totally agree with @sarah_fox and tried to live that advice today as well...Which is hard. This whole thing is a rollercoaster and that’s okay.  Love you have a plan to share the news with DH. It will be great to experience it together regardless of the outcome. Praying for you!  

@mayflower513 Exactly! You never know how everyone will metabolize. Positive vibes for your beta. 

@sarah_fox shots at work isn’t fun. It you can do it! I once had to inject myself ( and mix the meds) on the side of the road. I’m sure it looked classy! 

AFM,
    I didn’t hear from the clinic today . I didn’t call and they didn’t call me. I think i was afraid to call and them to tell me they didn’t have any news. I was trying to forget about it for a minute! 

@mommyatheart welcome and congrats on an awesome Fertilization report! 

• suziev3suziev3 member
    Day 5 update: We have 9 still in the game. 2 good quality blasts  and 1 poor quality ready to biopsy and freeze. 6 more are still developing and they will update me tomorrow. FX we get some more blasts to test tomorrow. I am feeling cautiously optimistic. 
    @sarah_fox I have to take synthroid for my tsh.   I have never had a problem (at least that I knew of) until after my first ivf cycle.  I wonder if the stims, or my high estrogen levels could somehow mess with my thyroid, but Drs say no.  Anyway,  my understanding is that my tsh is still "normal"  but is a little high for what is ideal during pregnancy.  Supposedly, it only matters for when you are pregnant not during ivf or before, although it does take a few weeks to bring it down.  I get tested every 3 months to make sure my meds are still working.  
    @mommyatheart Welcome.  Congrats on your retrieval.  I also had a lot of eggs too and am a freeze all. 
    @madasm0530 Wait...is your beta tomorrow already? Hoping for the best news for you. 
    @mayflower513 Seems like you have a good control test now for your hpt tests. I hope you get that line soon. 

• Loading the player...
  • mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited May 2018
    @sunny_side FX for good news today!

@suziev3  that’s great news!!  Hopefully you get a few more added today :smile:

@madasm0530 GOOD LUCK on your beta!!

Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• After 2.5 years of nothing but negative tests, I’m having trouble feeling positive about this for me.

TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• sunny_sidesunny_side member
    edited May 2018
    @mayflower513 I know the feeling ... but praying you will be graduating soon! 

@suziev3  I hope you get great results in
    your remaining 6 today! The wait is the worst part.

@madasm0530
    Way to hold out for beta!! Excited to hear about it! 

Afm, I woke up to the best news. Both my embryos were biopsied, frozen and will have the pgs results back in 7days! Im so glad they made it. Praying for normal results! 2 normals will give me a total of 3 in the bank and I’ll feel good starting FETS! I asked them about grading and the girl said she doesn’t get those results from the lab... I’ll email my nurse because I’m curious! 
  • @sunny_side that's awesome news! i love how the nurses become our bffs during this process. we go to them for literally everything.

@mayflower513 how many dpt are you? FX for that positive soon :) 

afm, blood drawn.. now we wait. 

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• @sunny_side that’s amazing news!!  FX for 2 normals!!

@madasm0530 omg I can’t wait to hear!!  How are you feeling about it?

I’m only 3dp5dt so I don’t expect a positive right now, I just am having trouble feeling positive about getting one at all.  So I’ll TRY to just not think either way.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @mayflower513 i TOTALLY get that. I was just explaining to DH this morning that, personally, it's easier to tell myself that it's bad news so that when it is I won't be disappointed. If it's good news, it's a bonus! He didn't understand.. It's okay because IF makes us doing crazy mind games. 

I am felling super calm, surprisingly. I don't really know what to expect. Just a short 4 hours from the phone call! 

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009

TTC #2:

• @madasm0530. Yes.  I’m probably doing the same re: expecting a negative. 

Are you waiting to listen with DH??  So exciting!

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @madasm0530 GOOD LUCK TODAY!!! Thinking positive thoughts for you (literally ... positive beta come onnn!)
  • Thanks @mayflower513 and @madasm0530

@madasm0530 So excited! We will all be on the edge of our seats waiting for your report! lol. 
    @mich_elle How was transfer?
    @mayflower513 Did they give you a date for the beta? Like 6 or 7 more days? 
    edited May 2018
    @sunny_side my beta is in a week (5/30) but I am basically testing every morning even though I know it won’t be positive yet lol.  I’m a POAS addict.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• boo I just found out that my clinic doesn't give any updates on day 3! So I won't know how any of my embabies are doing until I go in for transfer on day 5 - Friday. So close yet so far!
  • Boo @leilee101!  Mine did the same thing.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @madasm0530 I keep coming to see if you posted!!

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• my plans all went right out the window and I just picked up the phone when they called

The beta came back at 29.3. 

She said that's a little lower than they want to see (30). The nurse said that she's "cautiously optimistic" at this point. Beta #2 is Friday.

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009

TTC #2:

• Omg ok that’s so close to what they want!  FX it’s on it’s way up!!  How do you feel?

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• I am over analyzing everything that she said and the google machine isn't helping. I've been spotting quite a bit so am wondering if implantation was late or there's something else going on. *TW* I just need to hang my hat on the fact that today we're KU and will know more on Friday! *END TW*

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009

TTC #2:

• @madasm0530 I totally understand.  Yes, you are!!  Nothing you do can change the outcome.  I’m going with late implantation :smile:

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @madasm0530 that is great news! FWIW, my clinic likes to see it over 25, so I think 29 is a fantastic number! And spotting in early pregnancy is very common so don’t let it freak you out too much. Just breathe, step away from the google machine, and have faith that numbers will go up on Friday :)
  • @madasm0530 Good news so far! That's great. Hopefully it's even better on Friday. Cautiously optimistic sounds like a good place to be :)
    Welcome @mommyatheart!
    Yae, good news, @sunny_side! FX for great results in 7 days!

@susiev3 were you taking thyroid medication before IVF or they started you on it during treatment? I know my Thyroid was tested mid-late last year and my doctor said it was fine, but it seems like something's changed since then. I'd really like to know the cause, or if it's just that the RE doesn't like it that high for pregnancy, but it would be fine if I weren't receiving medical assistance to get pregnant. 
    Did you get your results on your other blasts today?
    Me: 32 DH: 33
    TTC since 05/2015
    Dx: Unexplained infertility
    **TW**
    BFP 10/14/16, MC 11/09/16
    IUI 12/06/17 - BFN
    IVF #1 05/18 - 11 retrieved, No Fertilization
    IVF #2 05/19 in Prague - 15 retrieved, 12 fertilized via ICSI, 9 blasts: 1 fresh transfer, 8 frozen. BFP - 1st beta: 43. 2nd beta: 57. 3rd beta: 88. 4th beta: 112. Bloodwork, ultrasounds and waiting until we figure out what's going on  :(
  • @madasm0530 great news! I’m optimistic!
    @mayflower513 keep on testing!
    @sarafox7 thank you so much! 

Ill take every very small victory i can get! 
  • suziev3suziev3 member
    edited May 2018
    @Sunny_side So glad you got a couple frosties to add.  You are lucky you get your results in a week. Mine takes 2 weeks.  Oh, the waiting...
    @madasm0530 That sounds promising!  I think it's supposed to close to double every couple of days, right? So you should know by Friday for sure?
    @sarah_fox They started me on thyroid meds between my 1st retrieval and my FET. I had a couple of months in there to bring my tsh down. I guess it can fluctuate. It had never been high before so they were not testing me regularly like they are now.  Mine didn't have any reason for me.  I don't think it matters if you have fertility treatments or not, I think they just want it under a certain number for all pregnant ladies.  I don't remember the number.  
    @mayflower513 POAS all you want.  Everybody has their own methods.  I do the same thing and I save them all so I can compare from day to day and look for "squinters". 

Day 6 Update:  We got 9 blasts total!  This is double what I got on my first round.  I am sooo thrilled.   Most of them are good quality and we will be pgs testing 8 of the 9.  There has got to be a couple of "normal"  ones in there, right?   
  • @ omg YEAH!!  Amazing news!!

guys.  I hate wondfos.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @mayflower513 what’s going on with the wondfos? I’ve never actually used those but have other cheapy internet opk and pregnancy tests that I assume are similar. 
    TTC since 05/2015
    **TW**
    IUI 12/06/17 - BFN
    IVF #2 05/19 in Prague - 15 retrieved, 12 fertilized via ICSI, 9 blasts: 1 fresh transfer, 8 frozen. BFP - 1st beta: 43. 2nd beta: 57. 3rd beta: 88. 4th beta: 112. Bloodwork, ultrasounds and waiting until we figure out what's going on  :(
    edited May 2018
    Ugh There’s like an indentation line that’s totally f#%?ing with me.  I need to just let it go and test again tomorrow.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @suziev3 9 blasts is amazing! Congrats! Excited for you! Are you doing a fresh transfer of one or is there another reason for testing 8 of 9? 
    TTC since 05/2015
    **TW**
    IUI 12/06/17 - BFN
  • suziev3suziev3 member
    @sarah_fox No fresh transfer. Eight are included with the package we have. The ninth is the lowest quality of the bunch and was not recommended by the embryologist. We will just hang onto it for now.
  • @mayflower513 ah yes. I have stared down many a pregnancy test. It’s got to be worse when it’s so early. I’m hoping it’s actually a fvl that just gets less and less faint for you. There’s no way to mentally talk that line into getting clearer today though :P Why does being patient have to be so hard?!?!? And why does this process require so much of it?!
    TTC since 05/2015
    **TW**
    IUI 12/06/17 - BFN
  • @suziev3 that makes sense. I’ve never gotten information about PGS testing. I’m not even sure if they do it at my clinic. But it makes sense that the charge would vary based on the number. 8 is still lots and the 9th could still be normal even if it’s not tested, as you said. :)
    TTC since 05/2015
    **TW**
    IUI 12/06/17 - BFN
  • I got a bit of a surprise at my bw/us appointment today. My doctor told me it's my last day of medications and they'll be telling me what time I trigger at when they call around 1:30pm. So it sounds like ER is Saturday. I was thinking it would be at least Saturday for trigger. I'm a little nervous, but mostly excited :) 

TTC since 05/2015
    **TW**
    IUI 12/06/17 - BFN
  • sunny_sidesunny_side member
    edited May 2018
    @sara_fox Awesome! How are you doing with follicle size and count? 
    @mayflower513 Have you looked at First Response Pregnancy tests or Clear Blue? Some advertise results as far as 6 days before missed period. Accuracy goes up as you get closer but it may be worth the $15-$20 to calm the nerves! 
    @suziev3 congrats 9 is wonderful! hoping all good PDS results. 
  • ***lurking from May FET***

Hey @mayflower513, I googled HPT sensitivities and found this on a forum. I have to totally vouch for the FRER being super sensitive. *TW* my 6dp5dt beta was 6.5 and the FRER totally picked it up with faint but clear line. 

First Response Early Result – 12.5 mIU/ml (some sources say 6.5 mIU/ml – Livestrong is one of them)

First Response Digital – 25 mIU/ml

Clearblue Plus – 20 mIU/ml

Clearblue Digital – 25 mIU/ml

E.P.T. Pregnancy Test – 25 mIU/ml

Wondfo HPT Strips (blue) – 20 mIU/ml

Wondfo HPT Strips (pink) – 25 mIU/ml

me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• Awesome @sarah_fox!!  What time Saturday is your ER?

@sunny_side and @northbeach3 thank you!  I did go out and buy FRER today but didn’t want to waste it on 4dpt, we’ll see if I can hold off til Saturday or cave and use one tomorrow! @northbeach3 I saw your beta news, congrats! !!

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• So I don't know exact numbers. They didn't tell me anything specifically, the doctor just calls them out for the nurse to record while she measures them, and I didn't pay enough attention to actually count, but I'm thinking it's around 12ish and most of them were 1.5-1.7 ...which I'm assuming is cm? Part of me wishes I'd paid more attention, but part of me knows that even if I didn't have any details, the outcome will be whatever it's going to be, so it's probably better that I can't really worry about if it's lower than I was hoping or anything. 
    Trigger shot is happening tonight at 9:30pm and so ER is Saturday morning!
    TTC since 05/2015
    **TW**
    IUI 12/06/17 - BFN
  • suziev3suziev3 member
    @sarah_fox That is exciting!  If you can handle everything that comes with IF and IVF you can def handle the retrieval part.  Let us know how you do!
  • best of luck holding out @mayflower513. i feel like once the flood gates are open, all bets are off. haha  thanks for the well wishes.  i'm still feel hesitant to celebrate since it's still early and there've been a lot of CP's on my board. next beta will be wed... so a long five days and anything could happen.  but tonight, i'll just remind myself that i'm pg today and that's all i can ask for. 
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

edited May 2018
    Ok ladies major TW...

I got seriously the squinter of all squinters on a FRER this morning.  Either I have a tiny bit of hcg left from trigger or it’s just the beginning of the HCG (which at 5dp5dt isn’t crazy). !!
    I also have what’s still a squinter but definitely a line on the wondfo today :smile:

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @mayflower513 that is so exciting!!

@sarah_fox Good luck on the ER, you'll do great!

AFM, RE called this morning and out of the 5 embryos, 3 are strong enough to sustain pregnancy. My PGD/PGS lab needs at least 4 embryos for testing but they will accept the DNA samples of all 5 embryos to help with the PGD probe. I'm happy that we have the 3 viable ones but at the same time it's just the 3. They have a 50/50 chance of having my syndrome and that's just rough. The lab will take about 2-3 weeks to do their testing and once they have the DNA results, we'll look at the next step. I'm praying these next 2-3 weeks go by mad fast. I feel like I have to plan something to do after work everyday so help keep my mind off. 

I did have a bad dream last night that I got the call from my doc and he said that none of them made it to day 5 so although I wasn't trying to think about it this week, it was def. on my mind. Just so glad that my dream didn't come true. I have the 3. I might stay away from the message board for the time being, it might do me some good. That way, I'm not constantly thinking about this. 
    Me: 28  DH:30
    Together since: May 2005
    Married: June 2015
    TTC #1 with IVF & PDG/S (reduce the chance of our child being born with Nager Syndrome)

edited May 2018
    @retro_belle24 thank you.  I’m really hoping it  continues.

and yay!!  I’m confused about how they determine if they’re viable without the testing?  Was the quality be super low?  3 is amazing news!!  FX so hard for you!  

Started TTC #2 2/16