Chit Chat

Confessions

suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
edited May 2018 in Chit Chat
Totally not flame free

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: Confessions

• Loading the player...
  • Ah, that's one of my favorite things about flying... no phone signal, no one bothering me, and an excuse to introvert for a couple hours while sipping a cocktail (I have a SW credit card and get 4 drink coupons a year! It's one of my favorite things to get in the mail :smiley:) I think most people feel that way. Only time I've ever chatted with anyone on a plane and been happy about it is when I've done the trans-pacific flight. Sitting quietly for 2-3 hours = so peaceful. Sitting quietly for 10 hours = kind of going nuts. There's usually a standing area in the center of the plane and I've met some interesting people when taking a stretch break.
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited May 2018

meggyme said:

I don't like flying with my husband (to an extent) because he refuses to get there early and just sit around at the airport. I prefer to get there way earlier than I need to in order to be able to relax knowing there's no way I can miss my flight.

Agh, my H is the same way. And for life in general. We're always late since he came around. He actually missed a flight once. I made it (and had to wrangle our two-month-old through check-in with four bags and security alone!), but he was parking the car and didn't make it because we didn't budget enough time. Fortunately, he got on the next flight, and we weren't charged extra.

It bugs me because he can't seem to comprehend getting stuff done ahead of time and then chilling backwards. I'm like, "I woke up early and have an extra hour, so I'm going to shower and do my makeup and etc. right now, and if I end up having extra time, I'll sit and phone or whatever until it's time to go." He, on the other hand, will say, "I woke up an hour early so I'm going to mess on my phone and sit around until I actually need to get ready to go" and then if something takes longer than he thought (it always does), then he's screwed and running late.
  • Hate getting to the airport early. Hate small talk with strangers. DH is always trying to get there like 4 hours early. Like wtf? If I wanted to spend that much time traveling I’d consider a trip to Australia. 
  • eleven_eleven_ member
    @doxiemoxie212 This is me too. I want to get to the airport at the last possible second. I hate waiting to board. I just want to get to where I'm going with as little time spent waiting as possible. I will also go to great lengths to avoid small talk with strangers.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I hate flying with my H too... he is also ALWAYS late,  which makes me late and I'm internally screaming at him the whole time.  Plus... he's 6'2" and loves to sit in the window seat,  guess what so do I! I always end up in the middle though because I'm smaller and he ends up taking up all the room in the row.  I hate it. I'm constantly pushing him back in his own space.  We really try to get seats where there are only 2 in a row so we avoid middle seat hell. 
  • DH and I just hate flying, period. We try not to go anywhere we can't drive to. If I have to fly, I'm team get there super early. I do cardio walking around the concourse with my carry on and get any kinks out before I'm stuck in an uncomfortable airline seat. also team "don't talk to me on the plane". i'll be polite while everyone's boarding, but the headphones go in and book open as soon as safety demo's over and I zone out. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @wishiwaspreggo Okay, how come I don't get these drink coupons??????

I don't like flying with my husband either because it's stressful. We always have to pack a ton of stuff and all of the technology that I'd rather leave at home because I only need my phone. He sees work to do everywhere we go so always feels the need to bring both of our cameras, tripods, and at least one drone. I like to be at the airport 1.5 hours before my flight. Flying for me is me time too. I do like to chat sometimes like if I decide to have a drink or two, but mostly I like to play app word games to work my brain or read. We mostly fly southwest and they don't allow you to choose seats. He is 6'4" so that is always an issue. I do however, love going places with him and when we can, we road trip it all the way. So much fun. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• I really feel like I'm the only one here that hasn't been on a plane
  • beanmomma99beanmomma99 member
    edited June 2018
    @SkilledSailor It's tough doing all chores when you need a stepladder to reach anything and have a bump that won't let you get to the sink. Lol thank you.
  • I really feel like I'm the only one here that hasn't been on a plane
    I haven't