Trying to Get Pregnant

IF treatment & testing - week of 4/30

madspunkmadspunk member
edited April 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: If you had to be on a reality TV show, which would you pick?

Re: IF treatment & testing - week of 4/30

• Loading the player...
  • @beachbunnyxo123 Ahhhh good luck tomorrow!!!! Can't wait to hear an update!!!!  Girl you deserve to be beyond thrilled with your progress so far!!
    I do have pretty regular cycles - back when I used to temp, which I feel like was ages ago, I'd ovulate around CD15-18.  Although when I went last week, my estrogen on CD3 was still up from my meds, so she said it wasn't really considered baseline. I'm going back Wednesday to confirm.  But this cycle, my CD that I ovulate may seem a bit later due to my levels still being high on CD3.

• @beachbunnyxo123, you posted while I was typing! I’m going to be rooting so hard for you tomorrow and definitely don’t mind you expressing your excitement here. I’m excited for you too!
  • @Augusta108 Ahhhhh Good luck!!!!!! I am thrilled that you had such a good looking embryo to transfer!
    @emmasemm I am so frustrated for you!!! Let us know how your call goes tomorrow, I hope you get some good news and your doctor thinks you're able to move forward with a few adjustments.
    I'm glad your thesis is done, go sleep for 3 days :)

• @leilee101 I was just told to watch the videos on the Freedom Pharmacy's website and they sent me on my merry way, so nope, not just you!  It's way easier than it seems and while a class or something may have seemed helpful, I probably would have been annoyed having to drive there for them to show us how to administer a shot (especially since we'd already done trigger shots for IUIs)
  • @madspunk Sorry for the crappy drug effects!

@50Wife Ugh. I’m sorry you’re going through yet another biopsy cycle. What a pain. I’m really glad your RE is doing everything possible for the transfer to work, but I feel your pain on the waiting.

@beachbunnyxo123 I’m super glad that you are responding so well this cycle, and I love hearing your good news! I feel like we’ve struggled a lot lately on this board, so seeing a good outcome helps. <3

@Augusta108 I’ve got my fx so hard for you and that little embie!

@emmasemm So sorry you’re playing the waiting game yet again. What a bummer. I’ll be looking for your update after the WTF call with the RE. Congrats on the thesis though! That is such an amazing accomplishment.

@AlohaKumu Glad to see you back here, and glad your doc is on top of things and getting some good testing done. <3

@leilee101 How exciting to be starting stims! Fx for you!

@hlb8179 TWW is always excruciating, especially after an IUI. Glad you’re doing the IVF consult, but I hope this cycle works for you and you don’t need it!

• @hlb8179 I'm glad you're doing more for yourself right now! I feel like it's huge to take care of yourself while going through all of this. It's easy to let it consume you and beat you up.  Buy anything good for yourself lately??

@darkstar42 Good luck!! When will you test?  Hopefully you don't need an IUI next time around, but it always feels good to have a plan going forward incase it gets to that point.
    And that sucks about your work!! I'm glad you're safe, but I can't even imagine the morale there right now. I'm sure it's shit for the people that know they're on the chopping block.  We've had a few rounds of layoffs around here in the past and it's just such a crappy feeling all around. You hate to see your friends go, but you're glad you're safe at the same time.
  • madspunkmadspunk member
    edited April 2018
    @50Wife You certainly have stamina going through ERA #3. I'm glad you have a doctor that is doing this, but I'm holding my finger up at the universe with you because it sucks you've had to do this multiple times. I really hope this is the protocol that works!
    @beachbunnyxo123 I'm really excited for your ER as well! I'll be thinking of you and wishing you all the best! Beta is next Monday, but that's later than normal. I'll be testing Friday (if I can hold out that long).
    @Augusta108 I was so relieved to hear your embryo made it to blast, and I have everything crossed for you.  I hope the next week and a half goes by quickly and you get some really good news soon. Are you doing anything special to distract yourself or relax until your beta?
    @emmasemm Congratulations on handing in your thesis! Will you have a lot more free time with that done now? I would be frustrated too if I were you, and I'm sorry you have to wait to do IVF #4. I hope your RE comes up with a good plan. I'll be thinking of you and your consult tomorrow.
    I'll have to look up Alan Titchmarsh. DH and I just started watching Big Dreams, Small Spaces, and I like getting garden ideas.
    @AlohaKumu I'm sorry it's going to be an extended timeline to FET #3. I hope you get some answers during the ERA. 
    @leilee101 I go in for my beta on Monday so I'm guessing if this cycle didn't work, I'd be starting stims around Friday next week. I also didn't have to go in for an IVF orientation class.
    @hlb8179 Some of the questions I asked were: What protocol would your recommend for me? Do I need to do birth control prior to the cycle? How do you think I'll respond? How many embryos would you recommend implanting? What are our options for leftover embryos? 
    @darkstar42 Sorry to hear that you're having work stresses. Will you be changing any of your meds or anything for the next IUI?
    @rallykat14 I've been thinking about you too. Do you have any ideas about when you might find out about your donor? Has work calmed down for you?
    @avrilmai Ugh - the progesterone. I think it's the worst of all the IF drugs I've taken. It definitely messes with my mood. At least now DH and I are prepared for it when it happens. Wishing you patience and peace to get through the week. 
  • @beachbunnyxo123 I'll be thinking of you!!! 
    @madspunk work has calmed down but now they are restructuring everything so I'm just hanging out to see what my new job is and then decide if it is what I want to do. 
    Formally Leekat
    Me: 36 DH 38
    Married Sept 2014
    TTC Since Nov 2015
    IVF Cycle 1 - 0 eggs
    IVF Cycle 2 - 3 embryos
    FET 1 (transferred 1 embryo) - BFN
    FET 2 (transferred 2 embryos- BFN
    IVF Cycle 3 - 1 embryo
    FET 3 (transferred 1 embryo) - BFN
    Donor Egg Retrieval 2/19/18 -4 embryos that didn't make it to freeze
    Donor Egg Retrieval 4/30/2018 - 6 eggs - 5 embryos frozen Day 3
    FET 4 (with donor eggs) (transferred 1 embryo) -BETA 7/10 - BFN
    Hysteroscopy & Endo Scratch 
    FET 5 (with donor eggs) (transferred 2 embryos)-BETA 9/10 - BFN
    Final FET (#6) (with donor eggs) (transferred 2 embryos) BETA 10/15 BFP!!
    EDD: June 24, 2019 Baby O born June 26, 2019

• @beachbunnyxo123 GL tomorrow. What time is your retrieval? Remind me- fresh or FET planned?  

@emmasemm Ughfuck. Damn. I wish I had better things to say other than keep us updated & I’m thinking of you. Do you have to defend your thesis soon? Horray for it being complete! 

@darkstar42 Hopefully you are counting the days to summer break by now. Work stress is always tough, especially non-renewals.  Sorry to hear about your friends/coworkers who are at risk :( 

@50wife Uggggh. It may be a silly question- did they switch to prometrium from PIO in hopes it absorbs differently?  

• suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited April 2018
    @darkstar42 Sorry to hear that is going on at work. That really is tough to deal with and I know what that's like. It's hard to keep morale up but hopefully you guys are finding a way to do it for your own sanity. I hope the tww passes quickly for you and that you get a super sticky sticky <3 

@emmasemm God, that must've felt like an eternity for you to finish that thesis. I really don't know you but I've been seeing your posts about it for quite some time. Congratulations and I'm proud of you! How do you feel about it? Doing all of that through all of this IF shit is seriously just...you are so strong.

@madspunk Hugs <3 I hope the two of you will keep it in perspective that you are working on a goal together as a team. This is really tough on a relationship. I'm so sorry that you are on this hormonal roller coaster. These meds are hefty and it sucks to feel like a science experiment/pin cushion all of the time. My heart goes out to you.

@rallykat14 I cannot even begin to pretend to know what you are going through. Hugs. I hope that the perfect donor comes along soon and that you will get a take home baby. I do understand checking out though and I hope you will be kind to yourself. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): pcos, infertility, low p

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): The in between

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): We did a non iui but with medication cycle. 

How are things going?: Another bust. I just finished crying my eyes out. I'm tired of all of this medication, tired of the stress, the highs and lows of excitement and then getting my dreams smashed to bits. I'm sick of the appointments, the tracking, the researching, just everything. Ivf is soon approaching. It will probably be the next thing that we do, maybe take a break though. I haven't decided. I'm so upset. I'm so incredibly upset and feel depressed right now. I should've just went straight to ivf. It was our plan to do a few cycles on our own after 4 iui, but one bust since that decision and I feel like this? I was laying down crying thinking what else do I do? There is no guarantee that ivf will even work for me and I will be one year older in May. I can't help but feel like I've failed my husband. 

Any questions?: Is it wrong to wonder if maybe we should switch to a different doctor even though we love ours so much? Is it possible that she just isn't getting something right? Ugh.... 

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited May 2018
    @suzycupcake The roller coaster sucks and it is so tough to decide when to take the next steps & breaks or not breaks, etc. As far as another RE- nothing ties you to this one. You can consult another (and another) & then still go back to her if that is whom you are most comfortable with caring for you. 

P.s. FWIW, I’m sorry for your bust of a cycle. 

(And again) p.p.s. look at what you wrote above to @madspunk about seeing this as a goal between you & YH. IF royally sucks, especially when one partner feels so much at fault. 
  • 50Wife50Wife member
    @rallykat14 same donor as last time, right? Good luck. I hope you have an answer soon

@Avrilmai I feel like our first IUI I had my hopes soooo so high bc in my head that was going to be our solution, that was finally it and I was going to get pregnant. When it didn't work I just fell apart. After that, each time I was more guarded. I think your body does get used to the extra hormones as you move forward. My husband probably wouldn't agree and would say I'm an asshole with the drugs but what does he know  ;)  I hope this week goes super quick for you!! 

@jrm_14 so I think the PIO + progesterone supps/crinone gel were in an attempt to get my levels where they would be had I ovulated. Since my body is calling my bluff, he's skipping all of that and wants to do a natural cycle and supplementing my natural progesterone rather than trying to create it himself with the shots.  I'm not sure how much the prometrium differs from the progesterone supps or the crinone gel though. I'd imagine he's giving prometrium a shot to see if I respond better to that?  

@suzycupcake it couldn't hurt to go to a doc and get a second opinion. Especially if there's another one in your area that you've heard good things about. 
    I'm sorry you're feeling so low, we've all been there. I always give myself a few days to cry and rage and be angry but then dust myself off and come back swinging. It sucks but I'm not ready to give up so it's what I have to do. I hope you can treat yourself to some wine or chocolate or a bunch of carbs or all of the above. 
  • @50Wife Yup,  same donor.  We have to wait for  her travel schedule to line up and I'm starting to be concerned that she will change her mind or continue to push it back.   We've been waiting for 2months already and I'm just not feeling good about this wait.   If we have to pick a new donor I'm not sure I can get in board.   
    Formally Leekat
    Married Sept 2014
    TTC Since Nov 2015
    IVF Cycle 1 - 0 eggs
    IVF Cycle 2 - 3 embryos
    IVF Cycle 3 - 1 embryo

• 50Wife50Wife member
    @rallykat14 Yea I feel like 2 months is kind of a long time. Do you know how often they follow up or are in contact with her?
  • 50Wife50Wife member
    @beachbunnyxo123 Wahoo!!!  Hope you're feeling ok, can't wait to hear an update tomorrow.
  • @beachbunnyxo123 fantastic and keeping everything crossed for a great fert report! 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• @beachbunnyxo123 yaaay! hope you're taking it easy. I'll be looking for your update!

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Formally Leekat
    Married Sept 2014
    TTC Since Nov 2015
    IVF Cycle 1 - 0 eggs
    IVF Cycle 2 - 3 embryos
    IVF Cycle 3 - 1 embryo

• @beachbunnyxo123 C'mon eggs! FX for a super fert report! Take it easy tonight.
  • @50Wife just have to wait on her and when she has travel stuff.   She pretty much controls this,  I'm not sure she would have cycled again and probably not so soon.   I'm grateful she is willing to do it again for me but I'm soooo impatient 
    Formally Leekat
    Married Sept 2014
    TTC Since Nov 2015
    IVF Cycle 1 - 0 eggs
    IVF Cycle 2 - 3 embryos
    IVF Cycle 3 - 1 embryo

• suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited May 2018
    Thank you ladies for your support. I’m feeling a bit better now and gung-ho to get a second opinion. Thanks for giving me the strength to carry on. Seriously...it would be so much more difficult without you. I literally know nobody offline struggling with this...Your shares give me the courage to carry on. 

@jrm_14  Thanks for the reality check. It’s so much easier to give that advice rather than taking it ourselves. I appreciate you. 

@beachbunnyxo123 This is exciting news! I hope that every single last one of those eggs turn into nice proper embies. When will be your transfer? Or is that not determined until after this part is done?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @emmasemm Thank you! And I agree, in my mind you ladies have all won Survivor and Amazing Race ten times over! It is true, you don't know how strong you really are until you have been put to the test. 
    @beachbunnyxo123 Congrats! That is wonderful news! FX for the report today. 
    @hlb8179 Great advice. Thanks. One step at a time.  :)
    @purplg8r So thankful to have you wonderful ladies to talk to and not feel like we are going through this alone. Here for each other.