December 2018 Moms
Options

GTKY: Where are you from?

Re: GTKY: Where are you from?

• Options
    hkomhkom member
    UGH there was more to that comment but it won't post.  Maybe because I used an emoji?

ANYWAY.  The cost of living here fortunately hasn't blown up too much.  Our neighborhood is very popular and houses sell very very quickly, but it's still very affordable from a solid middle class perspective.  I told my SIL, who lives in Baltimore, what we paid for our house and she about fell out of her chair, she couldn't believe how "cheap" it was, haha.  People only tend to get in trouble here when they aren't realistic about which neighborhood they want to live in.  

I can't even imagine living in a place as big as LA!  I'm overwhelmed just thinking about it!

Maybe we will get our farmhouses some day!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    1. Where do you live? I generally say Chicago but really I'm about 1.5 hours north of the city in the middle of no where. I grew up right outside of Chicago though. 
    2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? I love that things are a little calmer here, but I do wish it were not so expensive!!
    3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? We would like to stay in this county but we would like to buy a small hobby farm. I'm a really big fan of the idea of not having neighbors! 
    4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? We often talk about moving south to avoid winters. But we also spend a lot of time talking about opening a little cafe on a Caribbean island. So who knows. But if we won the lotto we would definitely leave! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. Where do you live?
    Northern Arizona. 
    2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live?
    The weather and the weather lol It's always pretty nice here but the wind is a doosie some days. The views are amazing and the cost of living isn't too bad. 
    3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future?
    We have some grandparents here that won't relocate so I'm sure we will stay for a little while, but we've talked about moving to Washington, Alabama, or Colorado
    4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live?
    My DH has always talked about moving to Europe, specifically England. However I've never been but I'm sure it would be pretty interesting. 
     Me (28), H (30)
    Together Since 04/21/2009; Married Since 05/29/2013

Baby Boy born 11/30/16  <3

Baby #2 Due December 4

• Options
    mko_mko_ member
    1. Where do you live? Philadelphia, PA

Favorite: I absolutely love our neighborhood. We’re in an up-and-coming part of town so we were able to buy pretty affordably and so many great restaurants and bars are popping up every day. The entire city is growing and improving all the time and I absolutely love watching it happen. We’re also within about 5 blocks of some of our closest friends, and an quick uber ride away from some others.. and both my husband’s family and mine are about an hour outside of the city. 

Least favorite: THE WEATHER. It’s seriously been cold since September which is NOT ok. and just when I thought winter was finally over we had three more snow days in March. ughhh. 

3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? We go back and forth. I just took the bar exam in PA which ties me here if i’m going to continue working, but my husband is at a point in his career where he is getting offers for jobs in new cities so we’ve talked about our options a lot recently. Atlanta and Charlotte are the two that are currently on the table if we do decide to relocate, but he’s in the process of interviewing for another position here in Philly so fingers crossed we stay here a while longer. I’m totally down to move eventually (and retake the bar exam IF I MUST) but with our first on the way, being close to family and friends seems more important now than ever. 

4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? Rome is my absolute favorite city in the world so I think I’d have to go with that one. But honestly I would be happy anywhere that’s warm and close to water! 
  • Options
    1. Where do you live? Arizona 

2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? My friends and family are all here, the Desert can be very beautiful and as you head north you can experience seasons that are gorgeous! Least favorite is how hot it gets!

3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? Probably for a while. 

4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? Probably Hawaii... I lived on Oahu as a kid for 2 years and it was amazing. Perfect weather all year around and a short drive to the beach or hiking in their gorgeous mountains?? Yes please!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I live in Upstate NY

My favorite part of living here is experiencing all 4 seasons, although I wish the Spring one would actually arrive. I love that I'm hours away from a lot of amazing cities (NYC, Boston, Niagara Falls).

I will be moving this month, but only a city away.  It's a better city, though!

My dream place is right where I am. My family is here, BF's family is here.  I couldn't imagine being away from any of them.
    Me + Him + A + L + BABY!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    1. Where do you live?
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Favorite: We are a close drive to DC, theres plenty of family friendly things to do here, and theres a beach just up the road!
    Least favorite: It rains here a lot. 
    3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? 
    No plans to leave anytime soon! 
    4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live?
    Realistically: Either Colorado or Utah
    Fantasy: Italy! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    1. Where do you live? San Diego, California
    2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? Favorite - weather; Least Favorite - Cost of living
    3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? Staying here
    4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? San Diego
    with a summer vacation ranch in Montana (:
    Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I’m an Aussie! NSW! 
  • Options
    1. Where do you live? Middle of the desert, Southern California. 

2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? My favorite part is the mild temps throughout the winter and we’ve made great friends. Least favorites: I’m in the middle of nowhere and have to drive 35 minutes to be anywhere and more like an hour and a half to be anywhere decent. Also like 115 degrees in the summer really sucks. 

3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? No, we will probably move somewhere in the next few months. (DH is military) 

4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? Some coastal town on the East Coast.
  • Options
    1. Where do you live?
     Atlanta GA
     I love that im far enough away from family i dont have to see them everyday, yet close enough we can take weekend trips to see them. 
     We are definantly moving into a new house when our lease is up in August. But there is also the possibility of moving to albuquerque nm if my husband greats back about a job proposal. 
     Thats a tough question,  i would love to be back in myrtle beach sc where I'm from. But I'd also love to be near my inlaws in nj. If i could have all my loved ones in the same place is pick somewhere in montana or Washington. 

• Options
    1. Where do you live? Vermont
    2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? I love everything here, probably the mountains and syrup the most. I do wish spring would come earlier, we’re expecting snow on Sunday!
    3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? Yes, but much depends of H’s job. I’m a new englander to the core though.
    4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? Probably here, but I do miss Rhode Island and being close to the ocean.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Gwyneddlesliegrace Ooh where in Vermont? I did my MFA in Montpelier and loved every minute of it.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @Gwyneddlesliegrace Oh I LOVE Vermont!!  I drive through northern Vermont with my husband a few years ago and it was honestly one of the most beautiful, picturesque places I have ever been.  It was so pretty it legitimately almost made me cry.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    timesacharmtimesacharm member
    edited April 2018
    @hkom and @mckcak23 I agree! A nice, private farmhouse on a huge lot with animals, a garden, and privacy - and no close neighbors sounds like my dream life.

1. Where do you live?
    North of Boston, MA

Favorite-Being about a mile from the ocean!
    Least Favorite-Not having enough land! Neighbors are on top of us!

3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? Yep, no money to buy something else in MA anytime soon. The housing market here is insane right now.

New England somewhere.. but with more land, less neighbors. I love the history and style of historic homes here. Renovating an old farmhouse would be my dream.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon, I am in springfield, which is on the NH boarder. :)

@hkom It is such an amazing place!

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I went to college in VT.  I always thought it would be an awesome place to have kids!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1. Where do you live? Oregon 
    2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? Fav- all of the nature of the pnw: trees, moss, mountains, rain, mild summers & winters, 4 seasons a year, etc. Least fav- the cost of living. I’m in the Portland metro area (the only heavily populated part of the state) and it’s so expensive, and worse every year. Like we rival much larger cities like San Fransico & Seattle with our housing prices. 
    3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? We will probably stay in the state forever. Lol
    4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live?  I’d love to live on the coast, but I’d have to have a career reason to do so because all the coastal towns have a very tourist based economy and the winters are rough. Maybe some day
  • Options
    faith0222faith0222 member
    edited April 2018
    Hi I’m from Chicago! 
    My least favorite is the unpredictable weather and taxes. My favorite ironically is the weather. I love enjoying all the seasons. Another thing I love is that we have everything here and it’s very diverse.
    I don’t plan on leaving Chicago however, I and my daughter are going to move in with my boyfriend in about 2 months 
    if i could move anywhere in the world it would either be Greece, Italy, or Mexico! I love the history, scenery, and food from them all! 
  • Options
    1.  We live in rural Indiana

2.  My favorite part about where I live is that we are on a lake in the country.  We live on a large lot, so our neighbors aren't close to us and really we are one of the few families here year round.  So it's nice and quiet most of the time.  My least favorite part of where I live is that I'm two hours from my parents, who I'm very close to.

3.  This will most likely be our forever home.  We bought a large fixer upper with room to grow into.  We love it here.

4.  If money/jobs/etc were no issue, we'd probably move to the west coast of Ireland.  We honeymooned all over Ireland and fell completely in love with the west coast.

• Options

1. Where do you live? San Antonio, TX
    2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? There is a lot to do here with the kids. Least favorite thing is my sister doesn’t live here. We moved here 7 years ago just the two of us, but my mom has recently made the move here.
    3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? yes
    4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? on a lake in France but I’d have to learn French lol
  • Options
    @nurse_good Ooh, where in Indiana? Not to get creepy, ha. I grew up in Northern IN, about an hour east of South Bend.
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon We live near Culver; about an hour south of South Bend :)

Glad to meet another (albeit, former) Hoosier!
  • Options
    @nurse_good Nice! I've definitely heard of Culver. I grew up and attended college in Goshen.
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon I know where Goshen is.  I don't think I know anyone from there, but I have a couple friends from Elkhart!
  • Options
    @mko_ I live about an hour away from you in the Reading area!

I live near Reading, PA. 

My favorite part about living here is being close to my family and friends. We moved 2 hours away for 5 years, and I missed them all so much! We moved back a year and a half ago, back to our church, and back to my job, and I just love being close to everyone again!
    Least favorite is the same as Mko_! The weather has been ridiculous! Friday and Saturday were in the 80's and we were wearing shorts and sweating. Sunday thru yesterday we were back in our winter coats and it was FREEZING and windy! 

We plan on living in the area for a long time, but we currently rent, and I can't wait till we buy our own home!

I honestly don't know where I would move to, but I definitely want to visit Ireland! And Hawaii!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    k_m10k_m10 member

1. Where do you live? Central / northern VA
    2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? Least favorite is being an hour from DC, I wish we were closer. Favorite is proximity to a lot of fun places - DC, Shenandoah National Park, Virginia Beach, the Outer Banks.
    3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? Depends on our jobs. I know we’re staying in our house for at least a year.
    4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? London
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1. Where do you live? Nebraska!
    2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? CWS is awesome & best zoo in the world! Other than it can be quite boring, not too much to do around here. 
    3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? S/O is is PCS'ing to Georgia in August so we'll be packing up and moving when I'm about 4 months. 
    4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? Somewhere near the beach! Which is nice, because where we're moving to in GA the beach is about 20 mins away. :D 
    Image result for jackson april gif baby
  • Options
    @hallgire Oh, I want to go to the Omaha Zoo so bad!  Also, my H is a HUGE Husker fan (our dogs names are Herbie and Husker  :D ).
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    clbness said:
    @hallgire Oh, I want to go to the Omaha Zoo so bad!  Also, my H is a HUGE Husker fan (our dogs names are Herbie and Husker  :D ).
    That's awesome!!!! Yes, the zoo here is fantastic! I'll miss that the most, for sure! (Aside from my fam). We live about 15 mins away from it and have a year pass and go all the time, DD loves it. As for the Huskers we're about 40 mins from the stadium! :smiley:

Image result for jackson april gif baby
  • Options
    1. Where do you live?

Shelby Township, MI

Favorite - The cost of living is very reasonable.

Least Favorite - It’s cold and my husband and I are both far away from our family and friends.

Looks like we will be here for awhile.

Florida.  Both my husband and I grew up there and have a lot of family there.  
  • Options
    beccaneubeccaneu member
    edited April 2018
    @brittaniahuttoSounds like you’re not to far from where I grew up in St. Augustine.  That whole area has seen so much growth and change recently.  Several years back I went back after being gone for a while and barely recognized the place!  It’s a beautiful area though and I’d love to move back.  Also I have a childhood friend who is from Prague, I’ve only been to visit there once but it’s always stuck with me as my favorite city I’ve visited in Europe.
  • Options
    whaatwhaat member
    @pinapplekittycrown I'm also in NJ, 10 or less minutes from the beach in Atlantic County! and @mko_ I work in Philly!

Favorite - My house and the fact that it overlooks a pretty creek. We see a lot of cool birds in our yard, and we live near family who help out with childcare.

Least Favorite - I'm actually a city person and it makes me crazy that I can't order Lebanese food at 2am. (We used to live in Brooklyn but my husband is NOT a city person and you've gotta compromise somewhere)

We will be here for the foreseeable future.  We bought this house in 2014 and still have lots of plans for it.

Honestly I'd just want to travel forever.

• Options
    1. Where do you live? In a suburb of los angeles.
    2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live?  Favorite part is the weather.  I go basically anywhere else and I can’t deal.  It’s pretty pathetic.  Least favorite part is the traffic and lack of any good public transportation system.
    3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future?  I want to stay but my husband is obsessed with moving in a few years.  I can’t even imagine leaving my family and friends!
    4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live?  I think it would be right where we are.  Maybe a nicer area but I really love it here.
  • Options
    1. Where do you live?
    A suburb north of Cincinnati Ohio.  About half way between Cincinnati and Dayton.

I love our proximity to both Cinci and Dayton.  We're only a couple hours from where I grew up.  There's so much to do in the Cinci area....though we need to explore our city more to get the most of it.
    Least favorite is the unpredictable weather.  I'd be perfectly happy with 75 degrees all year round.  Hoping we're finally done with the snow this year.

We'll be here for the foreseeable future unless a good work opportunity pops up for me elsewhere. 

4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be 
    The mountains outside Asheville, NC in an a-frame cabin.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    TTC History in spoiler  Instagram
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    TTC Since Oct 2010 - MFI Diagnosis 2012 (Morphology 1% + High DNA Frag)
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#1 March 2018 - BFP - MMC May @ 10w4d
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Options
    1. Where do you live?

A suburb of Dayton, Ohio

Our community is very family friendly with lots of parks and my DH’s family is all very close. My least favorite part is that there is not a lot to do.

We will probably be here forever.

If our family could come with us we would go somewhere warmer and costal.
  • Options
    1. I live in Wisconsin. On, Wisconsin. 

2. I like that my family is all so close, and the COL is relatively low so DH can SAH with the kids while I work. i hate the weather though. I very much regret not moving to AZ with DH after I graduated. Still, I can’t imagine being that far from family. 

3. We’re probably here for the long haul. My job pays well, and I have no other prospects, lol. But also, the kids are in school, and we have a house that we’ve made a lot of updates on, so this is where we live. 

4. Honestly I’d really like to but 150 acres outside of town with my brother, and build houses for him, me, and my parents nearby. They can farm pigs. We can be out of the city and spend our nights playing tennis. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    Hi @ChristenMA83!  I live in Cincy too!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

katem987 said:

1. Where do you live? Central / northern VA
    2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? Least favorite is being an hour from DC, I wish we were closer. Favorite is proximity to a lot of fun places - DC, Shenandoah National Park, Virginia Beach, the Outer Banks.
    3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? Depends on our jobs. I know we’re staying in our house for at least a year.
    4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? London

Hey, not too far from me! I’m in Virginia Beach!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @ChristenMA83 We must live close to one another. I’m in Kettering.