July 2018 Moms

Weekday Randoms 4/16

1235»

Re: Weekday Randoms 4/16

• @krystlerr love Madewell! DH gave me one a year or so ago and it's been through so many trips, still looks great
  • @kissableviv +1 for madewell! i love my madewell crossbody!

sigh. just got notice that the street in front of my office is going to be shut down tomorrow for Mrs. Bush's funeral / lying in repose (the church is one block from my office). i'm so glad that they are allowing the public to go pay respects. i just wish our office would close, but of course they are not going to. it's just an already congested street (busy part of town + construction).

personal rant over. sorry. 
  • Loading the player...
  • paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited April 2018
    I’ve been MIA and really having a hard time connecting to this pregnancy and baby, but the one thing that helped was having his name picked out. There aren’t a lot of names this time that I like or that my husband and I can agree on so I was happy we found one relatively easily. 
    Well, I’m texting my friend just now who is having a scheduled RCS in a couple weeks and we were talking about names because she was having a hard time and she told me that they still don’t know but we’re probabky going to go with THE SAME NAME WE HAVE PICKED. I can feel like heart beat in my eyes and I just want to bawl. We are a pretty close circle, our kids hang out multiple times a month (when it’s warm out anyways) and her husband is our sons God father.
    What the heck do I do? What would you do?
    I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned that we liked this name before which is the part that hurts. I just texted back “huh two _____”. If they pick this name and we don’t go with it we’re back to square one. Like the only thing connecting me to this baby is his name and now I feel like I’ve lost that too. 
  • @paytonpedro I'm sorry that is so hard. Use the name you love. who cares if there are two if them? My brother and cousin are less than 6 months apart and have the same name and honestly it was never weird and each and their own nickname anyway :) hugs to you also you are not alone in not feeling connected. I am having the same struggle. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @lindsayleigh1989 @paytonpedro I can also give solidarity in not feeling connected. It’s really hard! But I do think having the name squared away helps
  • SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited April 2018
    I am frustrated with my DH. He was cleaning the litter box super well for awhile and he dropped the ball when he was super busy, and the cat started peeing upstairs, which is not how she usually rolls. I said, "You need to clean the litter box, that's why she's peeing." He said that it doesn't matter, she pees everywhere because shes a sociopath and cleaning the box doesn't make a difference. So since he thinks there is no point and he hates doing it, he's not doing it. The cat peed on the dog bed up here just now, so I went downstairs and cleaned the litter; it was so full of pee I think I'm gonna have to go buy more litter because it had stopped clumping. I've done it the last three times. I don't want to ask him to keep doing it because it will spark some horrible fight about the cat. So I'm stuck doing something that could make me sick, and it just makes me annoyed that he can't get past his annoyance with the cat and just do it.

ETA: also DS ahas developed this habit of running screaming high pitched throughout the house, or making high pitched noises just as a default answer/noise to make in any situation. It is driving me insane. It happens while driving, while doing literally anything and at the worst times. Rawr.
  • @SmashJam having to clean a litter box is definitely a factor in us not having a cat lol. 

My ds, who is 6(!), also screeches regularly. For all the emotions. I just told him this morning that screaming like that is never okay (unless someone is hurting you or you’re in danger, but even then I’d prefer a less high pitched yell/cry). 
  • @SmashJam litter boxes are so annoying and I totally feel you there. Your DH should be doing it, but rest assured, you would probably know if your cat had toxoplasmosis (what could make you sick) and as long as you don’t eat the poop and wash your hands well after you’re probably going to be fine. If your kitty is indoor and doesn’t eat mice/rats, you’re probably good.
    DS wants a cat but there is no way we’re getting one until he can change the box- also we have 3 dogs so maybe when one or two of them go.
    Maybe consider investing in one of those self cleaning boxes? If I had another cat that’s what I would do because I hate changing the box. Well, I’m also super allergic to cats so that’s another easy deterrent right now. 
  • Thanks everyone for your responses. I was just so shocked when she said her name pick. DH goes “well there goes that name” so I really have no idea what we’re going to do. The second name I liked another friend is naming her rainbow baby (she’s 12 weeks behind me) but she posts it all over FB and I almost don’t even like it anymore. Plus, in recent years it’s become very popular which I also don’t like. Ugh. I will probably still go with our original as long as DH is still on board. It’s just so annoying. The fact that she told me her and her husband can’t agree gives me hope because I’m 100% sure this is her pick. But she wears the pants so really who knows. 

• @paytonpedro I also say you should go with the name you originally wanted, regardless of what they name their kid. Each kid will be his own person anyway, and it's not like you will confuse whose child is whose or something haha

@SmashJam cat pee is the worst smell. I am annoyed at YH for you (again). He needs to just do this annoying task like anyone else has to instead of being a baby about it.  Is it "your" cat or "his"? 

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • I’m game @ashbub714 we’re probablt not really doing anything special nursery wise so I’d love to ooh and ahh at everyone else’s!
  • The faucet in our bath tub has been leaking for about a week now.  DH bought the part on Amazon and has had it since Tuesday, but hasn't fixed it (or moved the litter box into there, which he agreed to do after he fixed it).  Who wants to take bets on how much our water bill is this month?!?
  • @paytonpedro I say go with your name! You’ve already connected that name to your baby. There’s no reason you have to change that!

@runsomewhere *adding those to my list of necessities* thanks for the tip! 

Nursery thread is up ladies! Go share away  :)
  • @paytonpedro I also say go with it! You're connected to it and you both like it, so I think you should use it. Was your friend aware you were thinking the same? Unless it's a made up name it can totally happen that people like the same names.

@SmashJam that's annoying I'm sure your DH does plenty around the house but since the litter box is particularly problematic for prego women it would be nice to give it a priority!

@runsomewhere thanks! I got a free box of those from one of the stores but added more, as well as some from the Bamboobies brand!

@MichelleAG05 I partly sympathize, we got a hitnon Craigslist for a desk we HAVE to get rid of asap and I constantly have to remind DH to follow up with the guy...

@flockofmoosen3 forgot to comment on your job situation, that sucks, my friend was also excited about a possible position out of state and it turned out it was a lateral move. So not worth moving out of state for it.

@lindsayleigh1989 you take care of yourself girl and your babe will be fine :)

• DS is making me crazy today...but i think he's getting sick, so maybe that is why he's acting like a crazy person all morning. I think he's currently screeching in his bedroom. I'm worried he's ripping up books and shoving them in his potty and we don't have a camera in there so there is nothing I can do to check. We should change the camera situation.

I am doing some transplanting today. I have a stupid long to do list for spring cleaning and I accomplished a LOT this week, but am still somehow being way hard on myself about what is still left. I need to calm down and remind myself that I did a great job accomplishing what I did and give myself some time to get everything finished...I do have a small child following me around all day, after all!

• @MichelleAG05 DH broke our toilet seat a couple months ago. I ordered a new one on amazon and it sat in our kitchen for a week and a half before I installed it myself. Men. 

@SmashJam ugh cat pee is the worst. One of our cats does the same thing if the cat box isn’t up to his standards. Best thing I ever did was buy another box so they don’t get as bad so quickly because DH is so lazy. I mean literally, that and the garbage are his only tasks. I used to do the litter box before we had a foster cat and now a kitten just in case

@paytonpedro +1 for sticking with your name! I know how picking a name helps you bond, that’s part of the reason we picked one so soon. Even if it changes and we find one we love more, I need a name to connect too. I hope she’ll change her mind, but either way like others said sharing a name won’t be such a big deal years from now. 
  • @sm05-2 I just found out that I have to begin taking iron, as well.  But my ob said that it's pretty common and it's probably why I'm so tired all of the time.

@paytonpedro That's so frustrating! I am crossing my fingers your friend's husband comes up with a different name that your friend will like even more, who knows, it could happen!  Even if she doesn't, I hope you stick with the name that's special to you!

@kissableviv DH and I were huge movie-goers before we got pregnant and we haven't been going as much lately, but he really wants to go opening night to Avengers.  I'm so pumped for a date, but a little worried I will fall asleep in the theatre.  But I wanna try to squeeze in some dates, too, before baby comes!
  • The weather is FINALLY getting above 50 degrees F this coming week!! I can take the kids outside!! DH plans to change the oil for one of the cars this weekend. He has been wanting to do it for weeks but the temps have been too cold for him to be out there for so long. I only wish he could do the car inspection too.

I think we caught all the mice we could, and none were in the basement! DH thinks there may be a path from the garage into the basement under the fireplace and that's where they were entering from. With the garage traps in place, they weren't making it all the way to the basement. We trapped and released 5 mice total. A family of 5 he says, haha. 

I have a work dinner to go to tonight. I am excited for a free gourmet meal and I get to wear the new dress I just bought today! And I don't have to take pictures this year as we hired a student photographer so I can just sit back and enjoy my time.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Ladies. The 18 month sleep regression is NO JOKE. Tonight really might be the night when I lose it. 
  • @zande2016 sending you more mommy powers. Hope it goes by quick! Regressions a no fun! 
  • @zande2016 it will pass! One night at a time, you got this! 
  • @flockofmoosen3 enjoy the dinner! Good luck @zande2016!

I went to tjmaxx because the shopping compulsion has been real. I asked DH if I could buy the diaper bag that's on our registry and I said yes but then I remembered we get a completion discount in 2 weeks so why waste 15% (I splurged and picked a Jujube). 

I got some organizing baskets, a super cute towel with seashells (I'm obsessed with towels) a new toiletry bag so I can throw out old ones, and some flip flops for Hawaii. A couple more random things. Watch me cry tomorrow when I say we spend too much money, lol. Happy Friday night everyone!
  • @kissableviv I splurged on a jujube too! What one did you get?
  • @hillbillywife the BFF with the anchor/nautical print:)
  • Hey ladies - back from wedding weekend and catching up...after 95 posts I should of written down everyone I wanted to reply to >_<  BUT OMG YAY no annoying musical pop ups and the BMB link is back.  I only participate on work PC because I hate the app, never could get it to work well.

@zande2016 - we had similar issues around 18 months where i was starting to think night terrors but they passed fairly quickly...DD slept like a champ in the hotel room all weekend in less than ideal conditions so I hope you similarly get through quickly.  Caffeine thoughts!
    @acunamatada you must have just missed the heat >_< we just did CT->FL->CT this weekend and it was 80's and 90's this weekend!  Ended up going to Target and dropping serious cash on summer clothes because I only had maternity jeans and 1 sun dress and DD had 1 pair of shorts that she peed through pretty quickly.  I had middle seats on both direct flights...and the attendant was a bit of a biotich when I asked if there was anyway I could get up and pee during the flight home where they didn't turn off the seat belt sign for 2+ hours into the flight.  Our seat mates weren't bears though.
    @paytonpedro +1 for stick with your name.  DH and his best friend have different full names but use the same common nickname for both names - so even if you had different legal names there's no guarantees he wont' pal around with someone with the same name!  Flip side they could go by completely different nicknames growing up despite same legal name.  Thirdly, not to be a debbie downer, but you and your kid are forever but friendships don't always last forever.  Both DH and i were part of really tight family friend groups growing up where the mothers had falling outs as kids got older - it happens.
    @SmashJam wtf is wrong with husbands and to-do lists? We don't have a cat but I've also had a couple chores where it needed to get done, wasn't wise for me to do it with my back, but I did it because DH didn't and he got pissed at me - but then he got better about doing the stuff because he knows i'm just going to do it if he doesn't.
    @MichelleAG05 - so much yes...still waiting for DH to put up new bedroom doors 6 years later and now all 150 boxes were delivered last week for the kitchen and are currently all over my living room - DH says he's going to do it himself...

I'm sure I forgot many somethings...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker