December 2018 Moms

Introduce Yourself Here

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

• @uws22 YAASS! Welcome!!!! Hopefully you find this to be the community for you. Always nice to have a dad opinion!
  • maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited April 2018
    @uws22 So awesome to have you here! I wish more dads contributed to this experience, that is just fantastic. I'm sure there will be plenty of places to post - off the top of my head Randoms (which is the best way to get to know everyone, I think) any GTKY posts, Appointments, Monday Bitchfests, etc. - if you browse the "Read This First" thread (it's pinned near the top) you can see all the threads that we typically post each day (and feel free to start one if you haven't seen it started.) Also, if you'd like and everyone's cool with it, we can change Second Time Mom thread to Second Time Parent thread to make you feel more at home?

@dreamalways Welcome! Definitely join us on our weekly PGAL threads. There are lots of us there with anxiety after loss and it's a really good support system!
  • Loading the player...
  • Nah, no need for special accommodations.  I recognize I'm not the target audience here.  Like I said, it's my third time on these boards- I adjust to the personality of each one.
    there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • krobkrob member
    @ay-eff hey hey hey!!!!
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • Hey sober sallys ... December 12th
    EDD buddy! I'm still plotting how I can get like, 4oz of wine without DH giving me the look.
    ... originally on the July 2018 [sic] board
    Me too! I was EDD 7/7, and now I'm 12/12. I'm 100% with you on all anxieties and paranoias *creepy internet hugs*
    uws22 said:
    Yeah, I seem to be quite the novelty every time.
    Good! Blending in with the crowd is only fun for sheep.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Not sure if I'm doing this right but hello! I'm 7w4d today, first time expecting. Viability ultrasound next week, so I have been trying to stay off any discussion pages, but this seems like a positive place.
    Any fellow Canadians here? Interested to learn some Canadian perspectives..

• Welcome all new members!

Not sure if I'm doing this right but hello! I'm 7w4d today, first time expecting. Viability ultrasound next week, so I have been trying to stay off any discussion pages, but this seems like a positive place.
    Any fellow Canadians here? Interested to learn some Canadian perspectives..
    Hey Knottie, if you log on to The Knot you can change your screen name to something a little easier to recognize. There are SO many Knotties on here that it's difficult to keep everyone straight! You may have to log out and back into the bump after you change it, but changing will make it so much easier to recognize you!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @countrygirl624 Welcome! So sorry for your previous losses! Sending you lots of love!
    Congratulations on your pregnancy - We are due date twins!!! Hopefully the next week and a half will go quickly and the 30th will be here before you know it! FX for a sticky baby!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Hello all! I just got a bfp this past weekend. It came as a surprise as my husband and I weren't going to start ttc until this coming Fall. Regardless, it is a happy surprise! I have two boys, 5 and 2. They are the light of my world, despite how busy they keep me.

** TW ** I have had 2 losses, I delivered our daughter at 16 weeks and the doctors are unsure why. This loss occurred in between my oldest and youngest. With my youngest, it was discovered at my 20 week scan that I was dialated to a 2 and had to go in for an emergency cerclage and put on bedrest. They believe that this may be what happened with my first loss, but cannot say for certain. I also had miscarriage a year ago and lost the baby at 6 weeks, but it was not discovered until my 12 week appointment. With that being said, I am being very cautious with this pregnancy. I am having my levels checked every 48 hours. Just had my first levels checked yesterday, so I will go back in tomorrow to see that they **hopefully ** doubled and that we are trending in the right direction. **

Hoping for a happy, healthy and stress-free pregnancy for all of us!
  • Hey All! My husband and I just found out we are expecting baby #2 last week! I have a 3 almost 4 yr old daughter. I think I'm about 5wks and 6days pregnant. I will see my doc next Tuesday morning! 
  • @mag1cbeli3ver Thank you for the kind words - that’s very sweet! When is your first Dr. appt?
  • k_m10k_m10 member
    Hi everyone! So excited to be here. 
    Just got my BFP today for DH’s and my first! EDD is 12/26 based on LMP. Confirming with the doctor next week.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @countrygirl624 I've actually had a couple of appointments because we're going through fertility treatments.  I had my last US with the RE on Tuesday - we got to see the heartbeat! My first appointment with the OB is on May 10th.

Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• It's been a while since I've been on these boards. We found out 2 weeks ago that #3 is on the way. I'm a basket case since I don't have my first appointment for 2 more weeks. I'm guessing my EDD will be around December 15. I have 2 DD 8, and almost 7.
  • Hey bumpies!!! Nikii here, second timer. Just found out we're expecting baby #2 and feeling so excited. DD will be almost 3 when baby arrives
  • @mag1cbeli3ver That’s so exciting!!
  • Hi guys! I got my (very surprising) BFP yesterday! Thinking my EDD is somewhere around Dec.18, but my periods are irregular so I’m waiting for dr confirmation on that. I’m a momma to a 15yo SD and 2yo DS. The Bump was so helpful when I was pregnant last time around, so I’m super excited to be here and can’t wait to get to know all of you!
  • @echo-charlietango aww, I am so glad you are here too! I hope we get to stay this time.
  • @cobbbebe we are due date twins!!! Congratulations!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 30, DH: 32
    Married: November 2016
    BFP #1: 4/3/2018 EDD: 12/16/2018

• @NickNack11 aw that’s awesome! Congrats to you too! 
  • Hi all!   Just got my bfp for baby number 2 and am waaaay more scared than the first time around.  This one has taken quite some time to get and im 40 in a few months so argh!  Fingers crossed for a smooth first trimester so my nerves can calm down a little
  • maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited April 2018
    @Noodlepig Welcome and congrats!  I'm 37 (will be 38 at delivery) and feel the aging pressures/nerves too! We have an AMA check in once a week if you'd like to join! Also, I love your user name. :)
  • Hi everyone, I was thrilled to receive a positive test this past weekend. I also have a 21mo old son that keeps me busy :) I’m about 6 weeks along and my EDD is Dec 14th.  
  • Hello! I am joining a bit early, but gotten 3 bfp 3 days in a row so I'm going to hope for the best! EDD Dec 28. This will be number two, I have a son who turns two in 4 days! I was a super lurker at my last bmb (April 16) so this time around I plan to get involved and hopefully make some great connections. So happy for all of us!   
  • @jerisa Coming to this a bit late..but I'm in Denver as well! I'm near City Park. Where in the city are you?
  • @knottie986519c50c3c5010

Also a fellow Canadian....from the east coast, currently living in Ontario
  • kristah2kristah2 member
    edited April 2018
    @annapolis84 I’m a fellow Canadian east coaster!! Also lived in Ontario for a while! Welcome! 
  • @kristah2

Yay! Where are you from? I grew up in the Annapolis Valley then lived in Halifax for years 
  • Hi! New to message boards so still learning! Due date is the 20th. This will be my second, my son is 2.5. Excited for this time! 

...TW... had a MMC sept 2017, baby stopped growing at 12 weeks, I had a d&c at 14 weeks. Nervous this time but hopeful, going for an early ultrasound this thurs! 
  • edited April 2018
    Hi! I’ve been lurking for a couple weeks, I got my positive test on 4/6! This will be our third, our two girls are 3 and 6. I’m not sure on my due date because my cycle has been so off since I got my iud out in December but I’m thinking early to mid December. I’m still very active with my 3yo BMB but am excited to get to know you all too!

ETA my first appointment is May 1st, can’t wait to get a set due date!