June 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms (week of 4/2/18)

Re: Randoms (week of 4/2/18)

• Options
    @emiliadkay Thanks. I'm trying to stay positive, which BTW, look at you, turning lemons into lemonade! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mytinc Thanks, and Good Lord, that is an awesome birthday gift! 
  • Options
    @mytinc that is fantastic. Maybe I can convince someone to give me that gift for Mother’s Day, as it will be just weeks before LO arrives. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    sorry to hear that @kfren but keeping my fingers crossed the 3 hour turns out ok.

I think I need an UO here.. I don't like massages. not even from DH. Nothing about them feels good to me, just hurts. DH even bought me one years ago.. I went.. wasn't impressed. I've been getting DH massage giftcards though and he loves them.
    And I've never had a pedicure and have no interest in one. I don't like people touching my feet even in the slightest bit. so, nope!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @2589 - May is a busy month for our family.  My birthday, Mother's Day, DS1's birthday, our wedding anniversary, and very likely this new baby's birthday as well since I never make it to my due date.  This is also a bit of a belated housewarming gift.  So it's a lot all wrapped up in one.  Regardless, I'll take it!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Options
    @catlady2015 - I'm not huge on pedicures either.  I get manicures once every few years (for weddings, special occasions, etc) but the 2 times I had pedicures I HATED it.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Options
    @catlady1215 @mytinc I prefer pedi vs mani - I change my finger nails so often, it's just not worth it lol
    I'm super ticklish, so I always warn my nail tech.
  • Options
    @elsie42 Happy anniversary!! Your couples massage sounds fantastic! I cannot convince MH to get a massage - he does not like the idea of a stranger touching him. I think he's crazy.

@kfren Blargh, that sucks. I'm sorry. FX for the three hour.

@mytinc That is an awesome present! I'd add a deep clean of the fridge and microwave to that list. I hate wiping out all the fridge shelves and love it when my housekeeper does it for me.

@doxiemoxie212 I don't see why not - we don't have many left, right? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    TW- death of a family member (not mine!)

My friend unexpectedly lost her mom over the weekend. They were super close and she has a daughter who is the same age as my DD. The obituary came out today featuring a picture of her holding my friend’s daughter, and spoke of this granddaughter being the light of her life, and all I can think of is how I would explain to my DD at this age that her grandma or papa is gone and how devasted she would be, and my pregnant self has just been crying and crying. 
     Also still feeling kind of shocky from a coworker yelling and becoming hostile at me yesterday while I was sorting out staffing issues. I can totally understand people want to go home early to be with family on a holiday, but she was totally uncalled for and aggressive like I’ve never seen in the workplace before and I’m just feeling kind of shut down on the whole situation. Like I printed the maternity leave paperwork this weekend and my emotional self is wondering if I really want to fill it out or just find something new when LO is a couple months old. But this is a job I’ve been at (as a CNA prior to being a nurse) for almost 12 years and I’m not sure if I can walk away from the seniority. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @2589 Sorry about your friend. That's tough. As far as your coworker goes, hopefully she'll apologize to you. Did you report her behavior? I know how you feel about walking away from seniority. Filling out the paperwork doesn't necessarily commit you to anything. You can always look around while on leave.
  • Options
    @2589 I'm so sorry!! For both the loss and the co-worker situation. There's never any reason to get hostile like that and that is sooo uncool. Did you let HR know what happened??
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kfren @LaceyBee522 I haven’t reported it, but after ruminating on it for nearly 24 hours now I kind of feel like I should. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Have you guys talked to your parents/MIL and FIL about what they want to be called as Grandma and Grandpa?

My mom asked me about it today - she was seriously considering Wine-Mom and Wine-Pop....not happening. She did say she saw one that Grandma was Lolly and Grandpa was Pop, which is cute.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 I asked them and they were pretty indifferent so we started out with just Grandma and Grandpa but then when DD started talking, she started calling them "Grammy and Papa" all on her own and that's what stuck so we went with it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @elsie42 Happy anniversary!

@kfren Ah that's unfortunate  :(  All hope isn't lost though, fx for your 3 hour!

@catlady1215 Same, I've never had a pedicure.  I'm so self conscious about the bottom of my feet that no stranger will ever touch them. /

@2589 Sorry to hear - sounds like you had a tough weekend.  Try not to let one person ruin it for you - I agree with @kfren, you deserve better than that.

Chiming in on the couples massage... DH and I had our first couples massage in Jamaica for our 1st anniversary.  DH finds it very hard to relax (like it took him 4 days to get into vacation mode at the resort) and kept talking during the massage and even got up to pee.  I was quite sunburned and had like a salt scrub put on me which was so agonizing.  It was not romantic by any means!  Plus it was my first "normal/relaxing" massage, with the hot stones thing, and I thought it was overrated.  Prior to that the only massages I ever had were the sports therapy/deep tissue ones I needed as my leg/knee used to do this funny pop thing where sometimes I'd have to be hospitalized to get it back into place.  Those massages were so painful (I would sweat) but it was the good pain and I much preferred those over the leisurely type ones.
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 we basically just let DD decide and none of them have said anything about it...she calls both our parents gramma and paga (not sure where that came from bc she can say grandpa but just doesn't). You can ask them if you think they would really care, but the reality is your kids will call them whatever they're going to and grandparents love everything their grandkids do so there's a 99% chance they won't care.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @LaceyBee522 We didn't have a choice with my ILs (SIL's son named them) but my aunt who raised me decided on Gigi. My dad is Papaw and my SM is GrandMary and my SF is GrandPaul. 
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 my mom is still debating but all others will just be grandpa/grandma unless baby decides something else 
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 same as @kfren in that we didn’t get a choice with my ILs. They are Granmom and Pap. My parents don’t care but my step mom calls herself Grammy. My dad is waiting for DD to pick. I use Grandpa for now. 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @2589 Oh dear, hugs about the loss and the crying <3 As for coworker, you should mention it to someone. Regardless of reasoning, no one needs to act that way to a coworker!!

@LaceyBee522 My mum is gonna be grandma. I've referred to her as that for years with the cats. MIL I'm not sure. She's talked about grandma, but I want to find something else ... I'm kinda thinking 'mimi'
    FIL I'm torn on. He wants to be 'popa/poppa' and that was his dad's name for the grandkids.

This isn't gonna be easy lol part of me wants them to decide but it's gonna be like "Oh you decide. No not that. No not that .... nevermind how about X?"
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 good question idk what my ILs will be called. MH calls them by there first names, its so weird. But he was raised in his grandma’s house (his mom still lives with his grandma) so i think he uses what his grandma says.

My niece already calls my mom “nana” And my mom even refers to this baby as “nana’s boy.” My dad wants to be called grandpa bait. My cousins call him uncle bait already. In my family all the aunties & uncles have nick names. My late grandfather went by “papa bear.”  My stepmom will probably use a nickname, my step grandma is called “pumpkin” and hates being called grandma. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 my ILs are Oma and Opa (I think it's German?), and my parents are Nana and Papa. I'm a little disappointed because I wanted my kids to have Grandma and Grandpa like I did, but my mom insisted she's too young for grandma. 

• Options
    @LaceyBee522 my ILs are Oma and Opa (I think it's German?), and my parents are Nana and Papa. I'm a little disappointed because I wanted my kids to have Grandma and Grandpa like I did, but my mom insisted she's too young for grandma. 
    I always feel it's kinda crazy when people say this.
    Not judging, my granny said the same thing {my mum was 26, my granny was 47}
  • Options
    @May14th2011 omg that's perfect!. FTW... need to remember this!
  • Options
    @kfren sorry about the results. Fx for passing the 3 hour with flying colors!!

I can't remember who else I wanted to tag!!!!

Dd ended up deciding what she wanted to call grandparents. My mom and dad tend to be mimi and papa.  Mil and fil tend to be grandma mil first name and grandpa fil first name. Sometimes she will do opposite or a mixture of both. 

DD actually ate an entire serving of spaghetti tonight (she is so picky and a terrible eater) and there was great rejoicing in our house. We celebrate small victories here.  She even likes spaghetti but that doesn't make any difference...  she will refuse to eat this she previously liked....
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @May14th2011 Oma and Opa is German and Dutch! 

This LO will most likely be the last on both sides of the family so the grandparents already have names. My mom is Memaw, my dad is Opa, my step dad is Pops and my in laws ( father/step mother) are grandma and grandpa. 

I can't wait to get a massage after this baby. I know they say prenatal massages are good, but I don't think I could fully relax and enjoy. I really want SO to get a pedi with me but he refuses...but he's really ticklish so I get it.
  • Options
    jsl82jsl82 member
    @mytinc I asked for a deep cleaning from a cleaning lady for the Xmas around DDs birth and it was the best gift ever.  Maybe I should ask for a repeat for Mothers Day this year.

@kfren sorry about the glucose test- good luck with the 3 hour

for the grandparent names both sides decided on Grandma and Grandpa, but MIL changed to Grammy and my mom calls my dad grandpop.  Not sure if DD will change them once she is speaking.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    @May14th2011 and @hjungk84 we've got omas and opas here too! MIL and FIL are Oma and Opa. Technically plus their first names, but they live close by and see my son a lot so it doesn't usually happen. My mom and dad are Grammy and Opa, also technically plus first names. And my grandmother is also Oma + first name. You need the first name to differentiate between all these omas and opas, with the exception of a grammy.  :) 
  • Options
    @izza2 I got a 155. I stressed myself out about it though, since I didn't get to eat before I went to bed and DD was moving at a snail's pace that morning and I ended up in tears before even getting in the car. I doubt that was the reason I failed, but I don't doubt that it did affect my sugar. 
  • Options
    @May14th2011 Love it! :) Similar to what my mum said - only my mum is a tad more snarky with her mother
    "It's not my fault you had me at 21, I'm 26 and married. Get over it" lol