June 2018 Moms

Weekend Randoms 3/31 & 4/1

2»

Re: Weekend Randoms 3/31 & 4/1

• @marcus7676 glad I'm not alone on this off the shoulder thing!

@ffw0617 if you can go bra-less, that's probably ideal for these off the shoulder things. No one would wanna see these suckers without a bra though lol.

@moonovergoldsboro business in the front, party in the back! Yah thinking even a mullet on a 14 month old might be weird lol

We've only had Queen beds since we moved in together 12 yrs ago. We're both little, so it works. I never feel smushed. But if our future house, we hope to get one day, fits a king... I wouldn't be against it. 

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • We've only had a queen since we started together, but we're going to upgrade next move. Assuming we get stationed stateside, we're planning to buy a house and get either a king or cali-king. 
    I feel like all of my plans for the next year are centered on moving, lol. DH told me we could move as soon as Oct, but it could also be sometime 2019. Joys of military life, lol. I don't mind moving, keeps life spicy, but I'd also love to settle down somewhere and know which schools my kids will go to. 
    I'm hoping for Colorado or Texas for our next station.
  • Loading the player...
  • @May14th2011 Your cookies look delish. When I make them, that’s how I like them. However, when I buy them, my fave is Tate’s and they are a very thin and crunchy cookie. 

@dinodna3 Oh, let me know how that cake turns out. I have a ton of over ripe bananas that I had planned to turn into cupcakes this weekend, but that didn’t work out. 

@kfren FX on the bed upgrade. We moved from full to queen last year and it is great! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @=caenis= lol we think it's a sensory issue or an anxiety he has with new food. We've even tried a feeding program/therapy. He's had the same limited diet for over 4 yrs now. 
    That's frustrating about your partner!! Hope he can get back to you guys!

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @catlady1215 Happy Birthday!! I hope you get your chocolate cake or brownies!
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Happy birthday @catlady1215! Maybe he has something chocolate hidden so that it will be a surprise for you today! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @catlady1215 happy birthday!  Hope you get your treat! 

@=caenis= (wont let me tag, I probably just dont know what I'm doing at this hour) @catlady1215 think yesterday or today has something in the air for men to be extra annoying. Mine on my isht list too. 

I couldn't fall asleep last night. Maybe I did around midnight. Woke up once to pee and then at 6am because of a horrible dream. Needed to be up at 730 for church. Gonna be a long day. Hope everyone celebrating has a Happy Easter. 
  • @=caenis= i side eye whoever has a bachelor party the night before a family oriented religious holiday. That in my opinion is inconsiderate. Hopefully your partner makes it home safe. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited April 2018
    If you’re 6ft+ or taller than 5’8 and sleep on your stomach (so toes hang over, which will fuck up your back) I think a cal king is a must. Regular kings aren’t longer than queens, but they’re a lotttt wider than queens. Cal kings are slightly wider than queens but 6 inches (I think?) longer. 

Personally I haven’t struggled to find sheets but I’ve always had one brand for any size mattress that I greatly prefer, and I do all white everything, so it’s easy for me to order online. 
  • @catlady1215 happy birthday!!! FX yh pulls through with the chocolate, but as someone who's husband pretty much never does anything for her birthday, I can empathize if he doesn't. Just buy yourself chocolate!! 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @catlady1215 awwww I think as penance YH owes you chocolate birthday treats every day this week! Or possibly month. (happy bday!!)
  • @catlady1215 Happy Birthday!!! I hope he’s as just sneaky with his chocolate treats for you. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @catlady1215 Happy Birthday! Hope you get your chocolate treats!  :)
  • @=caenis= Sorry your partner went MIA, but I would absolutely take advantage of alone time with those cinnamon rolls. Hopefully your day is going better now.
    @catlady1215 Happy Birthday! YH had better come through or he's gonna have a BMB's worth of PO'd pregnant ladies shaking their heads at him!!!

Thanks for all the bed feed back, ladies! A Cal King would be ideal, since DH is 6'3", but our house is teeny. 
  • @kfren cal king is not nearly as wide as a reg king so it shouldn’t take up any more room...
  • happy birthday @catlady1215 I really hope some cake or chocolate has appeared!
  • Happy birthday @catlady1215!

@kfren when we upgraded from a full to a Queen last year it was AMAZING the difference. We're both small people and plan to move again in a year so we didn't go all the way to king. But you'll feel such a difference even if you go from full to queen. 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • @krashke can’t wait to see shower pics!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @krashke i felt the same way at DHs local family (mostly just distant cousins) annual easter crawfish boil. I wore maternity jeans & my “due in june” tshirt, most women come dress nicely in sundresses or cute short sets. My hair was blah and no makeup, i felt fat & ugly. But there was a couple there with a 3 month old. The mom looked great (hair, makeup, body & outfit) and I decided next year I’ll come like her and everyone will forget how big & plain I looked this year. Oh and i had the hardest time hiding my swollen feet & ankles. 2 more social events (my shower & the man shower) and that’s it for me. No more gatherings until August lol. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • I’m team no more big events until after baby too. After the weekend of my sprinkle I was just so physically wrecked and sore. I really wanted to go see my grandparents in GA for Easter. They haven’t seen DS since Christmas either. But I started hurting  even toward the end of church yesterday and was about to have to get up and walk to the back when the pastor wrapped things up. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ffw0617 I know my ankles swelled with DS (September baby) - - especially during July and August (during my baby shower). I looked at pictures the other day and was shocked by how large they were.  So I feel your pain on the swollen feet / ankles.  I gave up hiding them because heat.  And no one will remember that you looked big and plain (which I highly doubt!).  

• @Austenista I was wondering if I was going to make it through church yesterday too.  Where we go has an auditorium type set up and the floors slant slightly down to the stage. The first 10 to 15 min of our service is standing and singing. Between the slope down of the floor, standing in the same place for too long and the weight of the belly pulling forward, I envisioned myself rolling down the hill like Violet in Willy Wonka. I think next time I'll just sit down after 5 minutes. 
  • @ffw0617 Oh, we all side-eyed the bachelor party date. It was planned by the groom's little brother who no doubt isn't aware yet of how inconvenient the timing was, being in his very early 20s. (The groom himself was ambushed.) In his defense, everyone was planning on a pretty tame daytime gathering because of Easter weekend stuff, but I guess he planned a great party because everyone stayed out a LOT later.