Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF Testing and Treatment- week of 3/26

2»

Re: IF Testing and Treatment- week of 3/26

• Options
    @JennyColada MH was able to do the sample at home the first few times as well, but with our new RE he has to do it there. I was worried at first, but he had no problem. They...ahem... had materials in the room ;)

Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    @suzycupcake the actual procedure was fine. it was quick and just slightly uncomfortable. Then they set a kitchen timer and told me "when it goes off you're free to go".

@jrm_14 well, despite his lack of a good bedside manner, glad you found someone that you are comfortable with and have some treatment options. 

@JennyColada like others have said if you live close enough to the RE's office he may be able to collect the sample at home. Glad you like the RE. Are you going in for u/s? blood work? both?

@Augusta108 You've got this! remember, one at a time! (one day, one hour, one minute whatever works to get through the anxiety)

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @darkstar42 I’m pleased you’re feeling better this week and you have some days away coming up.

I didn’t qualify for the money back programs initially due to low AMH and now further proven with my appalling response to stims. I think your AMH was not low, so you might qualify. Typically they are not the cheapest programs per cycle, and if you are successful on the first cycle you’ll have overpaid. But if you take until the last cycle in each package to be successful then it’s a good deal. 

However we will now do a 3 cycle package which has 3 retrievals and one FET included. But that’s because it supports our embryo banking approach - and hopefully will stop me from caving at the last minute and demanding a fresh transfer! 

I probably wouldn’t have gone for any package for the first cycle, just until you know how you respond to stims and to see if that first transfer is successful. But with your IUI response history you have more info than I had as I went straight into IVF. Then again your IUI stim history might disqualify you for some of them.

Oh and you will have a PM in two minutes...
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Options
    @darkstar42 I know they have an age cut-off at many clinics, I know you're AMA, but not sure of your age. With my last clinic, I had to START the IVF process by the time I was 37 to qualify (and I didn't pay too much attention to the terms  because I knew I wasn't going to start before I turned 38). My new clinic hasn't given me any information on a shared risk program - I don't know if that's because they don't have one, or I'm too old for it
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    @Avrilmai I will be doing u/s & bloodwork, but it has to wait until my next cycle (I'm on CD14 currently).
  • Options
    YOU GUYS! Its really hard to do your “go to” April’s Fools Joke when your inferitile ..I used to wake up on April fools and say “I’m Pregnant”  but now that we had to do IVF I guess it’s not funny anymore  :( sign 
  • Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited April 2018
    adirat said:
    Hot tip. It was never funny.
    OMG noooo . I didnt realize you’re back on this thread. You poor thing. How did I miss This?? Ugh I’m so sorry. You’re right, you know I used to play that joke on my father guess that day reminded me of his laughter he would always get a kick out of it but he passed away a few years ago. It’s not funny if the other person who’d laugh at it with you isn’t here more.. but man did he had the best laugh. 
  • Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited April 2018
    Oh ok, i see I’m sure you can obviously see how that mistake could be made if it’s not titled lurking.
    I guess I was Being sentimental. Everyone is different and has different sense of humors. To say it has and will never be funny is your opinion and maybe some other people as well but that’s the best part about free will, you don’t have to agree with it. I can see you guys were very offended and that was honestly the last thing I wanted to do. 
  • Options
    Really guys?? Not sure which part of I truly was not trying to offend anyone and I apologize wasn’t clear but hey go ahead and PLEASE continue if this is what you feel you need to do. 
  • Options
    guys relax. She obviously did not mean to offend, she acknowledged that it was a poor choice posting that on this board but tearing a fellow IF friend apart is not going to get anyone anywhere. 
  • Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited April 2018
     @lulu1180 You are technically correct so here ya go “ I am Sorry guys for the offensive comment” , I suppose i thought it was implied when I said I didn’t mean to offend anyone but i obviously need to spell it out.  Glad your the ambassador of the IF thread and speak for all ladies dealing with infertility including myself.  
    I also think it’s kinda harsh that you slamming someone who is right there with these IF ladies day in and day out supporting them and going through it myself but I do understand why you have you panties in a bunch. It wasn’t my intention but it is what it is. 

To everyone who has supported me these last 7 months of testing, IVF, surgery and my up coming FET thank you all so, so much i don’t think I could’ve gotten through it without you but I’m clearly not welcome here any longer and made a mistake, that’s my bad.

To my girls still going through their testing, IUI and up coming IVFs I’ll be cheering you on 100% from the Infertily group! Thank you all so much for the love through one of the most difficult journeys of my life. You guys ROCK! And i don’t know how I would’ve gotten through it without you. Hopefully I’ll see you on the other side! Thank you for all you love and support! 

• Options
    @lulu1180 you may have never suggested or want anyone to leave this thread KINDA like I didn’t mean to offend anyone, yet here we are.... so there’s that. 
  • Options
    *lurking* IMHO I don't think @ndz2018 meant any harm and I appreciate her apology. I've never been a fan of the April Fools pregnancy jokes and even more sensitive now since battling IF for years now. But I see where the joke hit a sentimental memory for her. I lost my dad in 2001 and many times think of things between us that may not be super appropriate to joke about. Silver lining in battling IF...we can make more people aware of these things. Most people are clueless because it's always been easy for them. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3