June 2018 Moms

Appointments (Last 2 Weeks of March)

2»

Re: Appointments (Last 2 Weeks of March)

• Good luck to all doing Glucose Test!!

I think the test depends on the place. I got mine done and she said I could move around, but keep it minimal {ie; no walking unless necessary but don't have to be a statue}
    Even after I felt awful, they said the same thing.
    And to let them know if you have to pee - even though they could see it. I think the peeing they have to mark down in case it changes anything.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, GD is not related to type 1 or type 2 diabetes, so that seems weird that your OB was so sure you wouldn't have it @doxiemoxie212.  There really aren't "indicators" which is why everyone takes the test in the first place. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Good luck to all with there GD testing!  I took the O'Sullivan screening and didn't have to fast, nor stay still!  In fact they gave me the drink at an OB appt, said drink this an hour before you go to the lab so I didn't have to even wait in the lab!

@catlady1215 I really hope you can get an actual date too!  That way you can plan for that date and get life organized!  That is so fun, keep us up to date if something actually hits the books:) 

• @LaceyBee522 - Love titing your post for the babies looking good, not for it being hard to lay on your back for the ultrasound.

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
  • OB appt tomorrow. Already talked to my H, but might see if it's possible to get her to put me off work as of beginning of May. Original plan was to work until a week before due date.

I know things could be a lot worse, but I'm finding it personally hard to do things already and I know it'll just get worse. Could be just my back making things more complicated, idk.
  • @doxiemoxie212 that's crazy that your ob said that to you...before DD I was 125 lb, ran marathons, ate well and worked out almost every day with no family history. I continued my routine during my pregnancy and failed my 1 hour GTT by a landslide. I was in shock bc I had no symptoms and had only gained about 12 lb to that point. Didn't do as awful on the 3 hour but was still bad enough to be diagnosed with GD. I continued to work out and eat like I had previously just checking my sugars, had her at full term weighing 8 lb, so not a huge baby. They did my labs post baby and absolutely no signs of diabetes. Literally there are times where it doesn't matter what you do, your hormones suck and you get it. I've had friends who have gained 60 lbs and had 10+ lb babies with no GD, so you can't stereotype like that. That all being said, it is weird how different all the offices are with their standards. My office gave it to me to drink at home and told me just to stop in about 45 min later and tell them the time I finished drinking it so they could draw blood...clearly they didn't care that that would entail gator wrestling a 2 year old to get her socks, shoes and coat on so we could get there on time...
  • Yay @aharv77!

First Son - born 2013
  • @aharv77 yes! so happy for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats to @aharv77 for the pass and GL to everyone else testing this week! My 1- hour is this Thursday and, given I'm a June 29 DD, I'm thinking we must be nearing the end of the glucose testing (another one down).

@krashke I'm giving MH a pass for this appointment, though to be honest I've stopped caring whether he comes to the non-US visits. My doctor's office runs chronically behind and knowing they're messing up a second person's workday just stresses me out more.

• @Austenista how did the appt with the new pediatrician go? Did you like him/her?
  • Well booked an chiro consult next week. I could have this week but I already had plans that I couldn't change last minute - or else I would have.

The consult is mostly to see what - if anything - they can do and make a somewhat plan going forward.

Is it weird I'm excited for the appt? Lol
  • @stephcat421 we go 4/11. I'm really hoping she's good, thorough, and that the practice is what I'm looking for. It's a Children's practice so hopefully their standards will be higher.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @austenista ugh sorry, misread that you had the records transferred yesterday not the appt! That's an exciting appt good luck!

So glad everyone is having good, healthy visits this week!
  • @katelynrae86 - I think I missed why you'll need weekly NST's.  

First Son - born 2013
  • @krashke woot!!!  I "barely" passed mine Wednesday too...  the cut off for my office is 139.... my level was 130... and I had been fasting for 12 hours too....
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker