October 2018 Moms

Randoms 3/15

124»

Re: Randoms 3/15

• @purplegoldfish2 Wegmans!!! I miss wegmans so much since I moved to the west coast!!!
    Yuuuup. We need one out here so badly.
  • I don’t think I could live someplace without one!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • coffee-saurcoffee-saur member
    edited March 2018
    So, um, what is a wegmans? I've no idea
    Eta: why no emojis ?!? 'sad face' 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • @coffee-saur Wegmans is a 'grocery store'. I use quotes because its actually a combo of a fancy grocer, a high quality butcher, a deli and a restaurant all in one. It has super high quality products and everything there is delicious and I am pretty sure their sandwiches are laced with crack because once you eat one...you're done; you are going back as much as possible.

Oh god and don't even get me started on their bakery....sweet baby chocolate cake jesus.
  • This is all you need to know....

DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • @stithof yea...we are supposed to get a foot tomorrow and I am displeased 
  • @kiwi2628 That’s what I hear! Glad it’s not us being buried for a change. 
  • My younger stepbrother and his girlfriend just posted on FB they are expecting with a due date of 10/1.

My due date is 10/1! DH and I haven’t told a soul because we are waiting for the NT scan on Friday and they already shared with the world on FB! 

I know I should be happy for them, and I am, but my first reaction was a huge lump in my throat. And then guilt for thinking they stole our thunder ha. Ugh. So many emotions right now! This is the first for both of us!!! 
  • Also expecting snow here near DC. Curious to see how the snow totals shake out!
  • @ladyofarlington awww how fun that the little ones will have cousins (step cousins? Is that a thing?) the same age! That should make for so much fun down the road!
    But I’d totally be feeling the same way as you on the stolen thunder. I think I’d be a little sour on reading it at first / digesting initial shock. That said, it won’t make your announcement any less special! Just focus on it being your own special time and story :)
  • Thank you @chopchop25 I needed to hear that! I texted DH to call me immediately (he’s away on business travel) and he thought something was wrong. I told him the situation and didn’t think it was a big deal at all. Maybe I wouldn’t either if I had someone to talk to but no one knows and hello pregnancy hormones!! 
  • stithof said:
    @chopchop25 @kiwi2628 @coffee-saur @purplegoldfish2
    Meanwhile, here in Rochester...

Wish I could see one! I take it, it's a East Coast thing? It doesn't help I live in the middle of nowhere. Subway and a gas station is our only restaurant in town. Anything else is 20 miles away. 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • @ladyofarlington - I totally get it.  I found out accidentally that one of my partner’s other partners may be TTC, and I was totally like “if she gets pregnant and announces before me, I’ll be so pissed.”  It feels petty, and I genuinely hope she doesn’t have difficulty TTC, but that was honestly my first reaction. 
  • @ladyofarlington @knottieamusements
    I feel the same, right or wrong. Obviously I don't expect to be the only pregnant woman in the world right now, but I would feel like my thunder had been stolen. I had a hunch that my SIL was pregnant and she swears she isn't, but when I shared the hunch with close friends who know about me, they were like "Are you pissed?! What if she has hers before you?! What if after you?!" and at first, in my head, I was like, "That b*! She knows we've been trying for over a year! Of course she'd go and get pregnant immediately!" 
    LUCKILY I didn't say any of that out loud, and after I thought about it, realized the only person it would suck for is my MIL who is a helicopter grandparent and would have two newborn grandchildren that live two hours apart. 
  • @ladyofarlington that’s awesome! I totally understand about the thunder stealing feelings though. But cousins! How wonderful! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kiwi2628 said:
    @coffee-saur Wegmans is a 'grocery store'. I use quotes because its actually a combo of a fancy grocer, a high quality butcher, a deli and a restaurant all in one. It has super high quality products and everything there is delicious and I am pretty sure their sandwiches are laced with crack because once you eat one...you're done; you are going back as much as possible.

Oh god and don't even get me started on their bakery....sweet baby chocolate cake jesus.
    You forgot coffee shop!  They also have a bar now.  I haven’t been to it yet because the two closest stores to me and to my FIL don’t have it yet, but it exists.  There is one close enough for us to go to, but considering my current condition, I don’t see myself getting there any time soon to check it out either.

I felt like we kind of stole my husband’s cousin’s thunder when they told us about their pregnancy.  They happened to be in town and we were all getting together so my husband and I planned to announce then. They didn’t do a big announcement or anything, just told people as they saw them and we were the last to walk in, so the last to find out.  My husband’s response was “Really?!? Us too! With twins!”   I felt kind of bad, like we “outdid” them because we had 2 and they “only” had 1, but everybody, including them, was really excited because we were due days apart and they were the first 3 babies in the family.  If she was disappointed, she hid it well, but I still felt a little guilty about it - not that I had any control over how many I had.
  • I think I need these. 
    Nike Lil Posite Infant Booties
    That is all.

*disclaimer, I work for the company that makes these and am not here to sell product I just super love them. 
  • My younger stepbrother and his girlfriend just posted on FB they are expecting with a due date of 10/1.

My due date is 10/1! DH and I haven’t told a soul because we are waiting for the NT scan on Friday and they already shared with the world on FB! 

I know I should be happy for them, and I am, but my first reaction was a huge lump in my throat. And then guilt for thinking they stole our thunder ha. Ugh. So many emotions right now! This is the first for both of us!!! 

@ladyofarlington I totally get it. When I found out my SS's mom was trying to conceive too, I got so petty. I was so desperate to get pregnant before her, partially because *TW* I'd had multiple losses at that point.

When I got pregnant with DS, my SS made sure she knew I was pregnant immediately! :D She announced she was pregnant a few weeks later. The babies were due 2.5 weeks apart.

I kept hoping DS would come first for dumb petty reasons again. "She got to make my H a father, I wanted to make my SS a brother" type thing. DS was born 10/16, her baby was born 10/21. My SS became a big brother twice in one week!!

Long story short: we've all got some pettiness inside us, especially when it comes to huge life moments!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• My DD was born 16 days after my niece, this one is due 5 weeks after my SILs. Sigh. At least I'll have the youngest child in the family? Lol
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • @DunkinDecaf all 3?  I mean, that’s a pretty ridiculous statement. 
  • @krzyriver I would have been the EXACT same. I keep waiting for BM (biomom) to announce she's pregnant, but I know she won't. When we told her that MH was getting a reversal on his vascetomy her response was "you want more kids? Good luck with that." Granted, she barely wanted my SS, but she won't admit that to anyone but MH.

@chopchop25 those are super cute. Too bad my company just makes car parts and power tools mainly.
  • Have my first Appointment today!! I'm so excited even though I'm not sure if I'll have an u/s or not but I should be hearing baby bears heartbeat. Of course I woke up this morning with nausea but that might just be nerves.. 
  • @SawyerRichardson thank you!! here now!