June 2018 Moms
Options

STM+ Check In [March]

Re: STM+ Check In [March]

• Options
    @rnielsen321 oh man that is hard. I am so sorry. I have no advice though. 
  • Options

May14th2011            - I love hearing successful transition stories!  I don't think I really mind if she sleeps on the floor- as long as she is sleeping, as others have said but I picture he getting up and playing/being wild.  Time will tell.

@rnielsen321 - I'm so so sorry for your loss.  It is never easy but always a bit more tough when unexpected.  No advice but good luck and my condolences.  I dread the day we have to have that talk with the girls as our dogs are almost 7 and 8 now so around the time when the girls will for sure be old enough to be devastated is likely when we will lose the pups.  I hate to even think about it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rnielsen321 I'm glad that DD is doing okay without the cat, as sad as that is for you.  Toddlers have amazing memories sometimes and then seem to forget just as easily.

For the easter basket, I was going to do playdoh (or kinetic sand), water wow books and maybe a stuffed animal.
  • Options
    WaterWow books!!! I forgot about those... So so good. 
    Mama to a wonderful DD - Sep 2015, Wife to my DH since 2011, 2 dogs, a cat, and hoping to add No. 2 in May/June 2018. Canadian.
    5 - IUIs, 3 - IVF retrievals, 2- failed transfers (fresh, and frozen), PGS on second IVF resulted in 1 perfect emby, and DD. 
    3rd IVF w PGS resulted in 3! perfect embys. 1st transfer - Sep 2017 2 more on ice. 
  • Options
    Water wow is sooo good. Does your LO like stickers? My DD loves fruit and would probably also be excited about an orange, haha.

AFM, MH and I both have parent-teacher conferences after school one day next week. They run late, and I don’t have time to get DD and return, so she’s coming to school with me. My principal and co-teachers are all on board. I think I’ll have to call it for what it is and let her watch a lot of Sesame Street, but might get an exciting new toy — any suggestions? 
  • Options
    @rnielsen321 Glad to hear she's doing well without the cat. I'm sorry you ever had to worry about it.
    AFM, I never do candy in Easter baskets, because I know they'll get enough from other people. Last year (when DD was the same age as your DD,) we did chapstick also, books/coloring supplies, flash cards, bubbles, and the Trolls movie. I got everything but the movie from the Target dollar spot. 
  • Options
    jsl82jsl82 member
    @rnielsen321 so good to hear that DD is transitioning well and letting you sleep a little bit more.  With the Easter baskets- we are still under 2 (so the WaterWow books, Chalk and chapstick are still a little old for our DD) but we are going to do the bubbles, probably a stuffed animal (not that she ever needs another) and a small hollow chocolate bunny (that she will get a small (TEENNY TINY) piece of after dinner every night for probably two weeks. We are also considering putting dry pasta (or something similar) into the plastic eggs so she can shake them and make noise (making noise is her favorite). 
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    @kfren and all the other ladies stateside... I am so jealous of your access to Target!!! I AM OBSESSED! 

We had a Target a 10 min walk from us, for about 18 months, then they pulled out of Canada all together. I was obsessed before, but now that they have come and gone... just devastated. The dollar spot is my JAM. 
    The closest one to us is 90 minutes to the border, passport required, then another 30 minutes. 

Luckily my SIL lives in PA, and so I can get my 3 x annually order to her to bring up of Cat & Jack clothes for DD, the threshold king sized fitted sheets, and any other available online finds. But the dollar spot... I want!!

Cannot ever visit and leave without at least $250 in my cart. 
    Mama to a wonderful DD - Sep 2015, Wife to my DH since 2011, 2 dogs, a cat, and hoping to add No. 2 in May/June 2018. Canadian.
    5 - IUIs, 3 - IVF retrievals, 2- failed transfers (fresh, and frozen), PGS on second IVF resulted in 1 perfect emby, and DD. 
    3rd IVF w PGS resulted in 3! perfect embys. 1st transfer - Sep 2017 2 more on ice. 
  • Options
    @rnielsen321 Sorry! I forgot you all don't have Targets anymore. I hear you on the $$$; I never leave there within budget. Ever. (+1 to the Threshold sheets and the Cat & Jack clothes. So cute!!!)
  • Options
    jsl82jsl82 member
    @rnielsen321 after the last election when almost everyone I know was talking about moving to Canada- I kept saying that I couldn't move anywhere without a Target.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    @rnielsen321 that's awesome! As for Easter, DS doesn't eat candy/choc except for like 2 snacks. So I got some books, bubbles, 'surprise eggs/blind bags' (if you're familiar with those yet lol). Easter eggs of putty. Probably try to find some more springy/summery stuff for outside. 
    How about coloring books/crayons or movies etc?
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    I just ordered DS bath bombs for his easter basket. I'm excited for those!
  • Options
    @marcus7676 - link please for bathbombs?  DD loves a tubby... we tried the bath time playdoh - no go for tubby fun. And the Bath bombs I got from Bath and Body Works are too big for a wee tubby. 

And DD is not ready for a movie yet. Plus we have no DVD player anymore.  She will watch most of Chicken Run (asks for it 2 -3 times a month), and Frosty the Snowman, but is a busy girl who has tried Moana, Finding Dory, Trolls and Tangled, and frankly is not really interested. Meh. We are a Peppa household. With Paw Patrol and Boj in high rotation. 

• Options
    We're going to do plastic animals, hot wheels, and probably arts and crafts supplies. My kids still have a ton of Halloween candy and we're doing at least one egg hunt so I'm not giving more candy. 
  • Options
    @rnielsen321 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYFI1ST/ I ordered the "adult" ones because I didn't want the little plastic toys in the kid's version. 

• Options
    DD loves the blind bags so I have a few of those and she's been into Hatchimal Collegtibles (mini Hatchimal eggs) so I have a pack of those to put in her basket too. I usually add some cute spring socks or undies and then either bubbles, chalk, jump rope, or something she can play with outside. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Love the Socks and undies idea... @aharv77

So many great ideas! Glad I asked!!

• Options
    llamamama14llamamama14 member
    edited March 2018
    For you experienced girl moms, how do you dress a toddler girl for warm weather play? It's my first summer with DD walking. With DS I just get lots of athletic/jersey shorts and basic t-shirts. (See pic. in spoiler.) Simple and interchangeable. I kind of want to do the same basic "uniform" for DD  but don't see as many jersey/soft short options. Is there a girl equivalent? Do your girls wear dresses at the playground? Help.

• Options
    @llamamama14 The majority of DD's summer play clothes come from Kohl's discount racks. Similar style shorts and shirts so cheap, I don't even really care what they look like. I have let her wear sun dresses to play in before, but nothing super nice. 
  • Options
    @Llamamama yes to the bike shorts!!  That or we do/will do the one piece romper things.  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    literally DD wore the "girl version" of your DS uniform @llamamama14 - mostly Cat & Jack, Garanimals , maybe bike style shorts, tank tops... I did buy "boy" shorts as the girl versions are SHORT, and well, those slides get HOT... I prefer a longer short., also for sun coverage. We did have some dresses for super hot days as DD is prone to heat rash, and can over heat. I also hit up H&M for light blouse stuff rather than t-shirt/jersey, material to keep her on the cooler side as well.

We usually stick to some great mix and match stuff, about 50% new and 50% thrifted/consignment... especially for play clothes. 
  • Options
    Garanimals like @rnielsen321 said. I get them at Walmart for like 2 bucks a piece? I had 4 tanks and 4 shorts that I could mix n match for outside play or camping, that I didn’t really care if they got dirty just so I could keep hernother clothes nice. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @llamamama14 we do dresses with bike shorts underneath and also the other options mentioned above. 
  • Options
    @llamamama14 +1 to all the Cat & Jack separates. We love the tees, leggings and skorts. And I don't feel bad about getting rid of them when they get holes/wear out because they're fairly inexpensive.

My DD is SO picky about the clothes she wears and has been since she could tell me what she wanted to wear. She refuses to wear shorts of any type/material on their own but last summer we compromised on the cotton skirts with shorts built in underneath or capri leggings both with tees or tanks. She prefers to wear dresses almost 100% of the time so we got her some short cotton shorts to wear underneath her dresses so her undies were covered as she was playing and she was okay with that as she's getting more private about dressing/undressing.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    meg95995meg95995 member
    edited March 2018
    @rnielsen321, hoping your LO is still adjusting well. I had to edit since I realized there was another WHOLE PAGE of comments since I last was on here. Sheesh I suck.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jsl82jsl82 member
    @llamamama14 I'm in the same boat as you with this being DD's first summer walking/playing but I will say that 80% of her wardrobe is still gifts (birthday, xmas, grandmas being grandmas) and 20% is from the fact that MH works for Old Navy- and will constantly come home with outfits for himself and DD (and lately the boy too).  Last year we had a bunch of shorts like the ones you posted for DS from ON.  And I plan to let her play in whatever she is wearing- I'm not currently planning a 3rd (but not planning on doing anything permanent to change that either), so if she ruins a few outfits- oh well. She is the type of child to love a dress, because it means she can fill the skirt with dirt and carry it across the yard.  I'm also of the mindset that boys clothes can easily be worn by girls (not always the case for the reverse)- so let your daughter wear your son's hand-me-downs this summer. 
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    Thanks all for the practical ideas, guys. :) 

I'm hoping to get all stocked up for summer for both older kids before baby comes so I don't have to think about it.

• Options
    @murraydog2008 solidarity. One of the most uncomfortable things I deal with right now is putting pants on one leg at a time. AND I had my DH put my shoes on for me tonight for our walk to conserve energy.  :D
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @austenista that’s awesome! What a sweet man. My husband would laugh at me if I asked him to put my shoes on for me! Haha

EDD 6/18/18
    DD=10/5/10 DS=4/9/13
  • Options

llamamama14  - +whatever for the little bike shorts.  I buy a lot of DD's clothes at Meijer (my grocery- don't remember where you live) and they have adorable little skorts that I can throw a t-shirt or tank top with and they're cheap, practical, and super cute.

for easter baskets- STICKERS!!  Travel size magna-doodle.  Crayone.  Play-doh maybe?  Little People. All the socks

• Options
    Austenista  Austenista member
    edited March 2018
    Yesterday, we got a ton of Luvs diapers at our sprinkle. I've never tried them and was wondering if anyone has any opinions. FYI, I'm not too picky about diapers. I've tried Costco, Sam's, Pampers, and Aldi diapers and liked them all. I bummed a Parent's Choice at the OB the other day from a mom and it was scented which isn't a favorite. I feel like it amplifies odor. Lately, I've been buying Aldi brand for daytime and doing Pampers overnights. Any opinions on Luvs? I'm trying to decide if I want to switch them out or just keep 'em. New babies get changed so much more often anyway that I can't imagine it will matter that much, huh? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jsl82jsl82 member
    @Austenista we have tried most diaper brands and never had any issues with them- didn't like honest brand.  We used our first box of Luvs last month, and had no issues with them.  I typically buy whatever is on sale- and just bought another box yesterday since they were on sale at the grocery store.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    @Austenista we've used luvs and liked them just fine. No complaints, anyway.
  • Options
    @austenista we were a luvs family. Started with pampers but moved to luvs and stayed there for years.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    Re: summer clothes. DD’s uniform was a tank dress from H&M (they are like $5 each) and either bike shorts or leggings underneath. 
  • Options
    @Austenista We bought Luvs almost exclusively until the Aldi brand came out (but still used Pampers Baby Dry at night.) I really liked them until DD hit size 5. I feel like she leaked a little bit more than with other sizes, but it could have been because she was bigger and was drinking more. 
  • Options
    I just ordered DS's big brother gift (to him, from the baby).  With just over ten weeks to go, I feel like I need to be ready now.