June 2018 Moms

Symptoms {March edition}

Re: Symptoms {March edition}

• @Amphibious22 OMG. I just said to MH that this is a feeling of hunger that I’ve never experienced before. I’m completely insatiable. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Amphibious22 I feel like pregnancy hunger is the same as high hunger for me. I’m not necessarily actively starving but if I think of a food I want, I REALLY want it, and I can eat waaay more in one sitting than I would otherwise be able to. At least the panic hunger of first tri is gone. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Amphibious22 yeah. I've already gained plenty of weight (20+lbs) but I don't want to restrict myself since I'm growing a baby. I try to drink lot's of water to make sure I'm not mistaking thirst for hunger. Then if I'm still hungry I try to go for the healthy things/high protein. Drinking water really does help keep me in check. 

I wish I was smarter about protein smoothies. I know nothing about protein powders.
  • Yes, always hungry!!  Usually I'm craving junk but been trying to do better about eating lots of protein and healthier snack
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm still having nausea, if you can believe it. But, I think it's from reflux or heartburn because I tend to want to puke on an empty stomach. It's worse in the morning. I am going to buy stock in Hansen's Diet Ginger Ale because it's the ONLY thing that helps.

BH are a thing this pregnancy, so I'm trying drink more water. Same goes for the crazy leg/hip cramps. I tend to notice them more when I haven't drank much that day. I was throwing water up in the 1st trimester if I drank too much, so I've had to build back up slowly. Currently able to drink about 65 oz/day. Working toward 80 oz (which is what I was doing pre-pregnancy.)

The hemis have always been a thing. Colace and wet flushable wipes are my go-tos. If you do go the wet wipe route, make sure they are flushable! They aren't great on septic systems long term. 

Unique to me, but I have a little bit of insulin resistance starting.
  • Glad I'm not alone! It's a dangerous game since my Dr told me I could stand to gain some more weight. I haven't unpacked my scale so I haven't weighed in in over a week, but I'm worried it's going to start snowballing soon. I try to do the healthy thing and have definitely been upping my water intake, but giving into cravings feels so good! 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• I forgot to ask about something more for my heartburn at my appointment this week.  I'm concerned I have GERD and not just pregnancy heartburn.  My abdomen hurts, like burning pain alot of the time and I cough with the heartburn. I'm taking max strength zantac every day, sometimes twice a day. I was chatting with dd's pediatrician the other day and she said I should ask about dexilant (or something like it).  
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• +whatever to Braxton Hicks. They’ve been really intense at night especially. I tried to stand in the middle one and I physically couldn’t get up. I’ve only ever had back labor, so it’s a new feeling for me. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @sabby2 Can you call the nurse or leave a message for the doctor to ask? That sounds terrible, sorry.
  • @llamamama14 eh, it is and I could call but I literally work inside the clinic where I get my ob care. I will just ask them on Monday. I can deal for 1 more day.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• I’m pretty sure I have SPD and the oh so lovely named lightening Crotch. I get sharp sharp pains when I move. Anyone have tips for relief?
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    Just catching up on this thread and all the BH talk made me think of this video.  Not sure if it was posted earlier on in our pregnancies, but I remember seeing in months ago.  It's pretty interesting how the different contractions actually help.  With DD I had them a lot more- but was walking more during my commute- and I hate walking slow, so being more active will cause more BH.  I also mistakenly thought the start of my active labor with DD was just BH- DH had to time them before I believed we were having her that night. https://youtu.be/URyEZusnjBI

+whatever for the constipation.  Back to daily colace.  Again it was worse with DD so I guess I really can't complain too much- just feel so full and crampy.

During 1st trimester there was 2 weeks before the nausea it really bad that I was HANGRY all the time.  I was still BFing DD and thought my body was just telling me to eat more for both my babes, but now this LO is all about me eating more just for him.  I'm worried about our grocery bill in a few years once they are both eating.

me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @marcus7676     
    I also started getting horrible crotch/ pelvic pain over the last few weeks. I got a maternity belt (2 actually) and it helped a ton.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JA7KLES/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0113WE0QS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I work out a good bit and I've limited any unilateral leg work like lunges. Also, making sure I have a super thick pillow between my legs when I sleep helps. It is recommended to keep your legs together when getting in/out of cars and not crossing your legs while you sit. I refuse to become inactive and actually sitting sometimes makes it worse so still trying to walk when I can but wearing the belt and being mindful of not over doing anything. Prenatal yoga and some other SPD exercises have helped. This blog had some good exercises that seem to make it feel better... especially the fist squeezing between your knees. 
    https://diaryofafitmommy.com/how-to-deal-with-spd-in-pregnancy-when-your-pelvis-is-literally-tearing-apart/
    Hope that helps! 
    STM
    DD 10.23.15
    Team Green Due 6.11.8

• @jsl82 thank you for posting that video! It helped me understand labor a lot more! 
  • @marcus7676 for some reason I get relief from SPD (temporarily... like 30 min) rolling my butt really intensely on this: https://www.roguefitness.com/mobilitywod-super-nova-80mm

(I discovered this helps bc I always travel with it and the gemini roller from the same company since obv I can’t bring a foam roller. The ball is hard, much harder than a foam roller.) 
  • @ahill24 thank you! I’ve noticed that keeping my legs together helps a ton with the lightening. I’ll try a thicker pillow too since my snoogle is not cutting it. I’ll check out those belts. 

Thanks @doxiemoxie212  I’m going to try rolling tonight too. 

I always thought lightening crotch wasn’t a thing until baby engaged. I have my 28 week appointment and an ultrasound to check my previa already scheduled so hopefully I can get some answers. 
  • For anyone’s colace isn’t working for, I’d suggest taking it every other day instead of every day & seeing if that helps. When i first started taking it about a month ago I was fine, after about a week it stopped working I noticed when I skipped a day it worked. I think a slight back up gives me the bulk/ push I need to go. 

Bending over is getting scary. I bent over to get the remote off the floor and fell (I texted DH “it finally happened I fell bending over”) luckily not on stomach is was more a thigh landing. As a result DH says he’ll clean the shower (for the first time in 3 years). I had a bowl of cereal and it went flying (so i was on the floor afterwards cleaning it up). Im not bending over/ squatting down completely unless i have something to hold on to. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • izza2izza2 member
    Anyone else have a weird "hardening" type sensation in their stomach? Not abdomen (because I know that's my ute), but stomach. After eating anything.

I thought it may be the start to constipation or something, but no issues there yet. I also get slightly nauseous after eating now, when I haven't had that issue in a long time. But it's crampy-type hardening and uncomfortable.

I'll be asking my doctor about it today to see if maybe I'm just being a sensitive sally and baby is squishing my stomach or something and that's the cause, but, it's getting to the point I don't want to eat anymore. :grimace:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• I think I had a few BH the other night for the first time too. Felt the same sensation a few times over the course of about a hour and a half. Put my feet up and drank water and it stopped though. 

Rolling over in bed is hard. Does anyone almost feel kinda nauseous when they do it? I get like that nauseous stomach-ache feeling if I roll over in not the exact right way.  It's super annoying. 

I'm also congested AF right now and getting bloody noses when I blow. Tried a saline rinse for the first time last night and gonna continue it to see if that helps. Think I may be fighting a cold more than just the regular pregnancy congestion but who knows. 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • @elsie42 also congested AF and my sinuses hurt! I thought it was just leftover from my cold last month, but I'm starting to think it's just another "normal symptom" at this point. 
  • @ffw0617 I hear you on bending down. If I do, I end up grunting.  I have to do laundry on my knees because I can't bend to get in the washer / dryer.
  • @elsie42 +1 on the congestion and bloody nose.  I haven't slept properly in the past three nights because of this, it sucks!  I think I'm going to try moving the humidifier into the bedroom to see if that will help.
  • @elsie42 and @becca_123 I bought a personal humidifier to keep by my bed and that helped the bloody nose sitch a ton! 

@ffw0617 Geesh! I'm sorry you fell over! I've found that I get a lot of pain if I bend over too much. I've been cleaning closets and packing suitcases and just had to stop at one point because the pain was too much.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Kind of embarrassing, but I ate pizza for lunch yesterday and about 4 hours later was having the worst abdominal pain! I was convinced I either had food poisoning or the stomach bug that’s been going around. After an hour of misery, I decided to sip on a ginger ale to see if that would settle things, and started burping. And burping.  And could not stop burping. And I felt better? I do not remember severe indigestion with this from my first pregnancy!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 @becca_123 yes I'm finally disinfecting my humidifier now so I can use it tonight. I was using it a ton a few weeks ago and then stopped for some reason
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • I actually remembered to send a note to my midwife about possible GERD and also anxiety/depression.  Fingers crossed she has some good suggestions for me to get these issues more controlled.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Re: bloody noses

My ENT recommended Ayr nasal saline gel to my nostrils to help with this.  If I use it, it does help.  I actually find this much more moisturizing than the saline sprays. I also need to clean our humidifiers.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• I think I am hitting a wall physically. I took my suitcase on the subway this morning to get to Penn Station. Took the train to Philly. Then carried my suitcase up the steps in Philly and handled in the taxi, etc. And I'm sore. I think it is RLP pain, but also on the sides and some in my hips. I hate to admit it, but I think I might need to slow down and expense some more taxis. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I didn’t really feel lightning croch with DD. But this kid has been super low from the get go, so it’s totally a thing now. Ow.
  • @doxiemoxie212 LOL!!!!!! 
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @starla487 right there with you.  It blows.
  • lolz @doxiemoxie212 MH is the same, I gave him fair warning yesterday that I needed to fart and he made me wait until he got out of the room because he thinks it's gross.  Meanwhile he can do it whenever he pleases and noone bats an eye!
  • Pelvic girdle pain has been bothering me for a bit, but it's been amped up a notch or 5 lately. Turning over in bed hurts very much. So does various methods of sitting and standing. I remember it hurting like this last time but definitely not this bad this early. Such fun to think about how it's going to go the next 15 weeks. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Austenista turning over in bed sucks lately. It hurts and it's like a whole long process. It got like this my last pregnancy, but like you said definitely not this early! 
  • +1 or whatever on the belly, spd, pelvic girdle pain today.  It was really fun doing my 6 min walk into work from parking on ice with snow falling...
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Omg +1 for rolling over in bed pain. This pain at my ribs has gotten almost unbearable. It feels like I have a bruise there and every time I move, it's like a stabbing pain. Baby needs to stop taking advantage on my long torso and scoot down a bit! 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @Amphibious22 my ribs are sooooo sore. She keeps fucking with my right ribs, and it is driving me absolutely nuts. 
  • This isn't really an horrible issue, but more annoying pregnancy side effect.

Bleeding. When I brush my teeth/floss I spit out blood {wasn't there before pregnancy} and my nose there is a lot of dry blood. Not quite at the nose bleed part, but could be there soon.

Teeth I tried changing to a softer brush, thinking it was my brush but nothing.
    Nose I've been using salinex - since the dry blood also blocks up my nose at night - and I try to blow my nose more. I've also taken to putting a container of water by my bed, thinking it was originally just dry air.

Anyone have this issue or know a solution? Or is this a 'suck it up, this is just pregnancy' kinda thing lol
  • @MissKittyDanger I've read in multiple places that gums tend to swell during pregnancy and women can be more susceptible to gingivitis.  My doc recommended keeping up with dental hygeine/flossing and to keep going for your cleanings at the dentist.  Also it seems like a lot of us have the bloody nose issue and last night I brought my humidifier into my bedroom - it did help a lot.  Maybe a humidifier will work better than a glass of water?  Unfortunately I think both symptoms are "suck it up, it's just the pregnancy"!