July 2018 Moms

Anterior Placenta

2»

Re: Anterior Placenta

• At my anatomy scan they told me that my placenta was "somewhat" or "partially" anterior, so I guess it's half in the front, half off to the side?  :D So so they said I'd probably start out feeling movement on one side more than the other. Really bizarre. Anyone's else been told they have a "partially" anterior placenta? 

18 weeks tomorrow and I've felt nothing so far even though the US tech said that my baby was super active. Sigh.
  • @beanship interesting I haven't heard of the partial but im guessing it is what you said. I am sure you will start feelings things any time 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Loading the player...
  • Baby must like Annie's cheddar bunny crackers because he just moved a bunch and DH felt him! I'll have to snack on those again to test him, lol!
  • @beanship All of the movement I’ve felt so far has been on the left. When I had my anatomy scan I asked if my placenta was off to the right more, because I already knew it was anterior. She told me it was, and it also was both low and high? That seemed super weird to me. It wraps around the top of my uterus but I was told at 13 weeks I had a low lying placenta. Lol. ANYWAYS, yes! And that’s probably better than having it “full frontal” lol. 
  • @paytonpedro They said mine was off to the left so I'd feel more movement on the right!! So far all I feel is gas haha. I never knew placentas could have such complicated positions. Actually I never thought about the position of placentas at all before getting pregnant... 
  • @beanship I never thought about it my last pregnancy because it was posterior. Lol. I just saw the doctor today and asked her about how it could be low and high and she looked at the report from my anatomy scan and it in fact moved up a lot and is no longer low lying! So now it’s wrapping around the top of my uterus, which I would much rather have because baby feet in your ribs can be uncomfortable. Haha. You’ll feel baby soon enough! The first time I felt baby around 15.5 and this time closer to 18.5/19
  • This kid is soooooo low. I don't remember my son being this low! Like I swear sometimes I feel kicks near my pubic bone... 
  • Today is the first day when I've felt something that's made me wonder "was that the baby?" It's like a small involuntary muscle spasm. Of course, they said I'd probably feel it first on the right side....and I'm feeling it in the front and a little towards the left. So it's probably just gas. 
  • I know I'm being a paranoid FTM but how often during the day do you feel the baby? Some days he moves a lot, on others he moves sporadically. I'm sure it's normal but wanted to check with my anterior placenta club, lol. 22 weeks tomorrow!
  • Joining the anterior placenta club as of yesterday! Apparently that's why I didn't feel the kicks as early as usual! @kissableviv I don't feel the baby super often, maybe a few isolated times a day mostly in the morning and at night in bed once I stop moving around! I think its later on that you count kicks and what have you, trying to feel baby a certain number of times in an hour, maybe third tri? 

I am also feeling baby super low, sometimes my movement is felt in terms of cervix pressure that feels like something is just gonna bust on out! most of my kicks are just above the pubic bone. 
  • @kissableviv Up until like this last week, I would feel baby all day and then not again for like  a day or two. This past week, I’ve felt him everyday and usually while I’m sitting or laying down. I think this early it definitely depends on their position still because they’re still small. My guy is literally doing flips and I’ve felt him around my entire belly in one day, then days like yesterday- I felt him a few times down low. I think it’s still pretty normal (21+5) at this stage in the game. I don’t think we’re supposed to kick count until 25ish weeks, so definitely bring it up at your next dr appt. Also, ffc, I never kick counted with my DS. He was so active if I didn’t feel him for a while, I would just push on my belly or drink juice and he would start going again. 
  • @kissableviv I’m 22.5 and the past 3 days I’ve felt her move in the morning and evening but before that, I’d feel her really strongly a
    couple times one day and then sometimes not at all or just once for a couple days. My doctor said totally normal given the anterior placenta. I also get paranoid and let my mind go to the worst scenarios. Try not to worry, eventually it will become consistent and we can stop losing our minds :) 
  • Is it just because I have an anterior placenta this time? But, I feel like so many people do right now! Like, I feel like in my pregnancy groups there are more people with anteriors than posteriors... Maybe we just talk about it more? 
  • Thanks ladies. He is moving everyday which is good. I do need to trust the process a bit more:) this coming week, I see my ob for my monthly check in on Tuesday and we'll listen to heartbeat and then I have a follow up ultrasound on Thursday to confirm the marginal cord insertion. So I'll get to see him/hear him and ask questions. As always, thanks for your support! 
    I also feel him low still and he's started to kick right into my vagina, lol. At this very moment, he seems to be enjoying the breakfast tacos I just ate!