July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 2/16-2/18

It’s Friday!
Thought we could use a refresher! 

Re: Weekend Randoms 2/16-2/18

• Options
    I believe you mean it is FINALLY Friday!! I leave for vacation tomorrow so I feel like this was the longest week ever. Every day I thought it was actually the next... 
  • Options
    I am SO excited for a 3-day weekend! Happy Lunar New Year to all who celebrate.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It’s Friday, Friday gotta get down on Friday! You can all thank me later for getting that song in your head :)  This week has been so long! Thankful for the weekend!
  • Options
    @moguippy same! All day Wednesday I thought it was Thursday, and thought yesterday was Friday. Luckily my boss told me I only have to work half a day today. woohoo!
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @rachelsogo I love surprise half days!
  • Options
    Welcome back @swizz09 congrats on the boy and yes please stay! there will be quite a few people who have June babies so you won't be alone :) 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @swizz09 stick around! We are all still going through similar phases which don’t change just cause your delivery early!
  • Options
    Welcome back @swizz09 and congrats on the boy! I'll be having my c-section on either June 20 or (my choice if my OB will let me) on June 28! I don't know what it is but I love the sound of a birthday of June 28. Maybe we'll be due date twins :) Either way, you'll still go through all the stages with July peeps.
  • Options
    I have no motivation to work or do much of anything. And I need to at least go pack up our stuff for swim lessons later.
  • Options
    I’m so stressed out. We live upstairs from my mil and she owns the house. Originally we were planning on buying it from her this summer and renovating it and using it as an income property because she plans on moving in with DHs elderly grandma who lives by herself. Last night she basically begged my husband not to buy this house because it needs so much work, but she still plans on moving and wants to now just sell the house. She said she’ll give us 60% to buy our own house which is all fine and dandy except she wants to do it in JULY. Can you say WORST TIMING EVER???? I’m so stressed out! Not to mention, we have a couple things we need to fix with credit to get a mortgage without a ridiculous interest rate. I’m so stressed I could cry. I don’t want to waste money renting, but I just don’t see us buying a house this summer. Also, all of that aside, it’s just the worst timing! I’m due July 9th so I’m either going to be very pregnant or have a newborn, and a two year old. I just can’t believe she can’t wait. 
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 I feel you with weekends not being relaxing. I’m a sahm but I pick up shifts on saturdays at the vet clinic I used to work at and while I don’t dread Saturdays, I don’t look forward to them either. Also, Sunday is DHs only day off and he’s always got something planned to it’s rarely relaxing. 

Plus is he thought for sure sure he would get forced into work on Tuesday (his rotating day off this week) but it looks like he’s not going to! Which is great because I have an obgyn appt! He usually comes to them but only to watch DS so he’s not running around while I’m laying in the table. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro I don't mean this in a dismissive of your feelings way at all but DON'T stress, that's not bad at all! It actually sounds like it could be a huge blessing! You'll have a chunk of money for a down payment which is a huge and you'll get to pick your new family home! Also packing and moving with a toddler and new born will be ok, you'll manage, sure it might have annoying moments but those will quickly pass. Hire movers, ask friends and family for help, it will be totally fine. You can also improve credit in a couple months. It will be ok, it's not as bad as it seems.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @paytonpedro that sounds like a lot, but I would take it in stride. It's amazing what we can get done when we have to. At least you have some months to plan? 

I have a ridiculous powerpoint to finish and am seriously lacking the initiative to get it done. The powerpoint makes ZERO sense. I wish I could have it magically done for me. At least I am half way there? 
  • Options
    purplepelicanpurplepelican member
    edited February 2018
    @paytonpedro Is there any way YH can convince her to sell a little later? If not, maybe you can make this work by just organizing and planning the heck out of it. You can try to start working on the credit issues now as a starting point. The large down payment y'all will be able to make after the sale of the house would definitely reduce the amount of the mortgage. As far as interest goes, I recommend Quicken Loans. We had to buy our first house with a FHA loan that had higher interest than we wanted and that had mortgage insurance, but Quicken let us refinance maybe 6 months or a year later (once our financial situation changed) to reduce the interest rate and get rid of the mortgage insurance. So using a lender that will work with you to do a quick refinance might be an option you could explore. 
  • Options
    paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited February 2018
    @runsomewhere I don’t take it as dismissive, and I appreciate the realism! It just stresses me out because it’s so much to worry about and I’m already nervous/anxious about having a newborn with my wild two yo. It’s probably going to take us closer to a year to improve his credit (he really screwed it up when he was younger and we’ve been working on it ever since) but we’re going to see a financial advisor about it on Tuesday. He’s worried too, and usually doesn’t get too worried, which worries me more. I also, tend to let my stress take over in situations like this where I feel like I have no control. BUT you’re right. It will all work out and hopefully be a blessing in the end. It has no choice but to work out, right?
    @swizz09 Definitely going to try!! We’re going to get on it on Tuesday so hopefully we can get it all squared away and have a plan!! Also, I used to love to do power points!! Hopefully it’s an interesting topic!!
  • Options
    @paytonpedro Just saw your recent post. Ugh, credit scores are like GPAs, you get one really bad grade and it takes sooo many good ones to bring the average back up. It just sucks. But if renting seems like the only option that will keep you sane, then maybe it won't be as much of a waste of money since it will at least be saving you the hardship of having to frantically house hunt and fix credit while pregnant or with a newborn.
  • Options
    @beanship That’s exactly it. Like I can look at houses now, but who’s to say it’s still going to be available when we’re ready to buy. I hate the idea of renting because I just feel like it’s throwing away money. We’ve been so blessed to pay almost nothing in rent here. I jut feel like it’s all terrible timing and if we had a few more months it would be so much better. Dh is going to talk to his mom about us living here for a few months after she leaves and then selling. Hopefully she goes for it, and that would make me feel a lot better. I just know how hard a newborn is and know I would be no help to moving/house hunting/ really anything in the early days. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro Yeah I mean unless she needs the money from the sale immediately, then what's the rush? She can move in with her mom and not have to worry about the property sitting vacant because y'all will be there to help fix minor stuff and to be able to tell her about any major issues that arise. 
  • Options
    stillcozystillcozy member
    edited February 2018
    Random question anyone else with either c section or other surgery scars getting discomfort or pain in those areas recently? my ob thinks thats what cause my upper stomach pain was scar tissue from my gall bladder removal but lately im getting it from every incision 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 wait? A bladder removal? Do you not have a bladder now?? 

I have laproscopic scars from gallbladder surgery a few years ago that are really itchy, but they’re not painful. But they’re not big either. Scar tissue is so weird and easily upset. With things changing in your abdomen I guess it makes sense that they would be uncomfortable. 
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 you casually mentioning your "fall bladder removal" has me laughing so hard I'm cryimg. You mean gall bladder right? My dh thinkss im insane.

• Options
    ds' s current movie obsession is frozen (he really likes princesses) and today at dinner he was pretending to make magic snow with his hands so much he wasn't eating. I was trying so hard not to laugh but it was hilarious and of course you can't laugh and discipline so dh was glaring at me
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 I’ve had 4 laps and a c section and i haven’t had any pain around my scars. I didn’t experience any either with my last pregnancy (only two laps at that time). I do sometimes feel some discomfort on my right side which i think could be from my appendix removal this past October but doesn’t last long. 
  • Options
    Random question anyone else with either c section or other surgery scars getting discomfort or pain in those areas recently? my ob thinks thats what cause my upper stomach pain was scar tissue from my fall bladder removal but lately im getting it from every incision 
    Can't say for sure if it's from my c-section or not but I suspect my (sometimes intense) RLP is aggravated by still damaged nerves and muscles. I had RLP with DD but nothing like this and for as long. I also have a LOT more BH contractions, much sooner, more intense, and lasting longer than with DD. Again, I can only attribute that to the c-section as I'm actually doing a lot less strenuous activity this pregnancy vs the last. It's a bummer but this LO is growing wonderfully and everything looks great otherwise!
  • Options
    It's only Friday night and my husband is driving me nuts. Typically things are always peachy for the most part, but we've been going around and around about the nursery room. We have three spare bedrooms upstairs, which is also where our Master bedroom is. I wanted to turn one of the larger bedrooms into the nursery because we are initially going to have it as an office/nursery - I'm an HR department of one so I know I will be checking in from time to time while out on leave. Anyways, hubby talked me into using the smallest room (which is small) that's directly across from our room, rather than the one that is four more steps down the hall and much larger. Fast forward a bit and he builds my office desk and it's big, which is great, but now there is literally only room for a crib and a rocker in the small bedroom. He wants us to put the dresser in the closest. I'm over this small room at this point. The ultimate plan is the child will go into one of the larger rooms when big enough anyways so I'd much rather just start off in the room they are going to stay in, then we could actually put the dresser in the room versus the closet and I could put a changing top on top of the dresser. Current way will be change baby wherever. He doesn't see any of this as a big deal and I know we'd survive, but if feels so useless and stupid to have 2 giant guest bedrooms upstairs for our parents that visit a few times a year and for the nursery/office, which will be used everyday to be in the small room and not as functional. Like I'm already hating the idea of going into the closet every time i need something out of the dresser - sorry had to rant!
  • Options
    hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited February 2018
    Hahahahaha @SmashJam I’m so stupid. I didn’t even think about it being gallbladder. I though she had her bladder taken out in the fall. Serious face palm happening right now. I blame it on pregnancy brain. 

ETA that’s so cute about your son! My DS used to love pink sparkly things. 
  • Options
    Random question anyone else with either c section or other surgery scars getting discomfort or pain in those areas recently? my ob thinks thats what cause my upper stomach pain was scar tissue from my fall bladder removal but lately im getting it from every incision 
    Yes. I feel like it is causing the RLP to be more noticing this time. I had a c section and laparoscopic gallbladder removal. 
  • Options
    @jenny2018 Yeah, I would be moving rooms if you have that much space. I am freaking out a bit because we are out of space and I’m not quite sure where this kid is going to end up. If you have the room. Move around. 
  • Options
    @JelloBean1, my heart breaks for you and your community.  As much as all mommas grieve and cry when this senseless shit continues happening, I know it must be immensely different when you and your community are truly living the nightmare.  Please be kind to yourself and do whatever you need to to grieve/process.  Hugs, mama.   <3<3
  • Options
    @JelloBean1 I can't imagine how much the sadness and grief is amplified for those in the community. When the Sandy Hook shooting happened, I was living right nearby in a neighboring town and drove past Sandy Hook very often going to and from school etc. It was heartbreaking and like you said, everyone knew someone who was affected, including me. Your community is in my thoughts, and those of millions of Americans I'm sure. 
  • Options
    @JelloBean1 oh hun my heart breaks for you, I couldn’t imagine the pain you and your community is going through. I know people affected by the Newton shooting, and I live almost an hour away, that pain rips into a community far and wide. Makes you want to hold onto your babies and never let go. Take care of yourself. Sending you all the thoughts and prayers and hugs you’ll take. 
  • Options
     @JelloBean1 truly heartbreaking :(