July 2018 Moms

Weekend Randoms 2/16-2/18

Re: Weekend Randoms 2/16-2/18

• ugh yes stupid phone I meant gallbladder haha 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @JelloBean1 so sorry for everyone there :(

• Loading the player...
  • @JelloBean1 my heart goes out to you and your community. Such a terrible event :disappointed:
  • I had an OB appointment the other day and the doctor told me to lay off the fruit.... I am in denial! No fruit?! That was like my only release to keep me away from junk food :(
  • Since becoming an adult and moving out of my parents' house (a really long time ago LOL) I've never had tv. We do stream the shows we like on the internet, but no proper tv. We recently got a digital antenna and it has been SO COOL! We get, like 15 channels of basic cable. My new obsession is the PBS Create channel. Almost constant cooking shows! Hell yeah! Also, now my kid will get to watch Sesame Street. xo.  
  • @cseley321 what?? Why no fruit? I think fruit is the only reason I can still poop. 
  • There are a LOT of things I love about the 2.5-3 age, but so far my least fave is not napping consistently. I knew I was gonna lose out on the nap once I moved him to the toddler bed, and I still get naps like, twice a week and he does quiet (HA!) time in there on his own for around an hour so better than nothing, but I miss him not yelling and actually sleeping. Plus he's occasionally an asshole after not napping, so that sucks.
  • I hear you @smashjam..
    Bed times have been hell for us lately. We’ll start his bedtime routine a little before 8, then read a book and go to bed and this kid is taking TWO HOURS to go down. Driving me CRAZY. Nap times are taking over an hour to go down too. Hoping it’s just a regression, I miss mommy time  :'(
  • oh no @acunamatada that is horrible! We are lucky the lack of nap makes him super tired by night time so he doesn't often fight going down at night (knock on wood!), its just the nap for now. Here's hoping it is just a regression, mommy time is so important.
  • @DynamiteTrujillo we don’t have cable, my parents didn’t either. We depend on antenna and services like Hulu and Netflix. Cable is just way to expensive.

@SmashJam @acunamatada ugh hope it passes quickly! We had to resort to some tough love during his recent regression. He’s back to normal for the most part. Although i think his room is not dark enough for nap time since he will fuss for a few mins. We have to close the door so he’s not walking out all the time, but we open it once he’s asleep and he walks out when he wakes. He also doesn’t always go down at the same time each day, his naps vary between certain times.
  • @SmashJam I’m wondering if cutting out nap time would help him go down easier, but I’m just not ready to give up nap time. We both need it lol. I’m hoping we can power through this and get back to a normal schedule. 
  • @paytonpedro while I see that ultimately this is great for you guys, I totally agree it's stressing. Searching for a good house can take time and it's nothing to rush into. Plus the market is crazy right now (at least in California) also it mightget competitive. Sorry but moving with a newborn or when super pregnant totally gives you the right to rant about it! Sometimes even the blessings in disguise are giant pains in the butt...I'm all for avoiding them of possible, and I definitely support your decision in wanting to improve your credit situation. While the mortgage will make it better, it's the approval process that will be a bit more difficult when your credit isn't great. I hope you can figure things out!
  • @JelloBean1 I'm having so many feelings about what happened in Florida. I'm from Europe so the whole gun thing is completely foreign to me (literally). My heart aches for your community and for the entire country. 
  • @JelloBean1 I’m so sorry! I can imagine it’s a completely different category of horror having it impact you directly. My thoughts are going out to everyone in your community. 
  • @zande2016 actually that's what got us on the topic. I was asking how much prune juice I should be drinking, then she went off on a no juice and no fruit tangent. She said her reasonings are that they contain sugar, even if fruit is "nature's candy", she doesn't want her patients eating much because of the sugars. I dunno, she may be crazy :pensive: but she's my doctor so I am watching my sugar intake better 

I am not overweight or anything, but I am 3 lbs over where I should be this pregnancy. 
  • My husband and I met some friends out at our favorite bar last night (clinging to our last months of kid-free nights). It was a ton of fun, they have great food and free refills on ginger ale lol but one of my husband's friend's girlfriend is the most insufferable person I've ever come in contact with. She's a raging alcoholic, she was drunk throughout her pregnancy (son is now 4 and severely developmentally delayed) and she's just obnoxious in general. I didn't know she was going to be there at all and to top it off she came up and hugged me from behind with both hands on my belly, she was already drunk upon arriving. Then she went on to try and give me pregnancy advice.. like wtf
  • Something in the air or what? All these drive by posts?!?!
  • Obviously we're all trained ultrasound techs lol 
  • @lindsayleigh1989 I think your spiel sounds good, direct but still friendly with an invitation to join in while still following the guidelines that have been in place all along. 

It does seem a little coincidental that there have been so many drive bys lately, probably 50% trolls 50% inconsiderate people that haven't heard of Google 
  • I try and give people the benefit of the doubt. If someone reaches this forum via web search rather than actually seeking it out, I could see where the confusion comes from at first.
  • @carsonraynee Eew gross! I have been terrified of the random belly toucher, luckily I haven't gotten any yet. But a drunk belly hug from behind?! I'da socked her. Out of a sense of self defense reflexes, of course, and not just because it felt good. :wink:
  • @DynamiteTrujillo I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about it!
  • @jenny2018 Totally use the bigger room so you can have a changing table! Sometimes, at least in my relationship, I have to step up and say this is what I want to do so we’re doing it. (Not often!) I also think it will be easier in the long run because LO won’t be changing rooms- which if you do it around toddler bed time, can make it harder than it needs to be. He/she will already be comfortable in that room. 

@JelloBean1 I can’t imagine what your community is going though. You all have been in my prayers. So unfortunate! 

@cseley321  I’ve eaten gushers everyday this week... but really I don’t see what she would restrict fruit...? Do you have GD? Or are you at a higher risk or developing it? When I asked my doctor during my first pregnancy what my diet should look like she said lean meats, complex carbs, and lots of fruits and veggies. There are definitely worst things you can eat than fruits (like gushers :D) , but obviously your doctor knows you better!!!

@carsonraynee  It’s so inappropriate but I hate to say, the bigger you get, the worse it gets. I mentioned it somewhere else that there is a shirt I want that says “if you didn’t put it there, don’t touch it!”  I plan on getting it for this pregnancy!!

@kissableviv Thank you for validating my rant. Haha. I’m less stressed today, but it still upsets me a little now that I’m thinking about it. I don’t even want to set up a nursery and paint if we’re not going to be here that long. (We would need to remodel a part of our upper floor that is used as attic and storage currently, but I just don’t want to put money into a house we won’t be at long-er term) I just wanted to do everything the same with this baby as i did with DS because it worked out so well and with this situation I’m not sure that’s going to happen. It just leaves everything feeling so uncertain. 
  • @paytonpedro nah, I am average weight, 2nd pregnancy (no issues with first).. I am AMA now though. She said some here and there is ok, but try and stick to veggies (bleh)
  • @cseley321 I actually told my doctor that I was watching my sugar intake from fruit and he said he was more "worried" about other carbs like bread, pasta and the likes. He is just encouraging me to not go overboard with the carbs but he is not obsessive about it. If I have a big portion of greens everyday I call that a victory!
  • Damn! I’m never on when the good stuff happens!! I guess I’ll be digging through some more posts lol

@JelloBean1 I cannot imagine what you and your community are going through. Many prayers headed your way.
  • @cseley321 she's not wrong about the fructose...what I learned about a decade ago in metabolic biochem class is that fructose bypasses a checkpoint in the body's pathway for converting sugar to energy and fat. Your body will never know you've had too much fructose and will continue to convert it into ATP (energy) and fat. Other sugars are better regulated and extra is just peed out. This is also what makes High fructose corn sugar so bad for you. Sugar from fruit is only better because of the added fiber and other vitamins that come with eating a real fruit. So...I would eat the fruit but probably not live on it. :-) 

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • If anyone wants a good laugh, check out the random drive by ultrasound post in August. They posted a screen shot of an ultrasound and you can see thumbnails of their other photos on their phone. There's a cute dog, some baby stuff, and....a naked old woman...??!! Some people...
  • zande2016 said:
    If anyone wants a good laugh, check out the random drive by ultrasound post in August. They posted a screen shot of an ultrasound and you can see thumbnails of their other photos on their phone. There's a cute dog, some baby stuff, and....a naked old woman...??!! Some people...
    What thread is it under?
  • @zande2016 I am very excited to go check that out.

I just secured some raw milk from a local farm and get to pick it up on Saturday! Oddly, the instant pot makes making yogurt so freaking easy. When I had goats I would make the yogurt on the stove, cool it, ladle it into quart containers, and then put it  in a water bath for 8 hours and constantly pour more hot water into the bath to maintain the temperature. Such a pain.

The instant pot you do everything in the pot. And then yogurt happens and you put it in the quart jars. Or you can make the yogurt in the jars and just use the water bath in the instant pot to maintain the temp. Either way its worlds easier I just ignore it for 12 hours. Its fabulous. I haven't been able to get raw milk so I've only done it once, and raw milk makes better yogurt. 

In case anyone was going to mention it-when you make yogurt you heat  the milk to a pasturizing temperature-so the milk is no longer raw! So its safe for my consumption! Anyway...pretty excited! 

• zande2016zande2016 member
    edited February 2018
    @elizabethrn87 something about boy or girl. 

ETA she somehow thinks we can tell from a profile shot what the sex of her baby is. never understood that...
  • @zande2016 she actually posted that in second tri in the last month and we pointed out the creepy thumbnail.... so weird she didnt crop it this time... 

• @JelloBean1 I can't imagine what you're feeling and have been thinking about your community all week. I will say I am so inspired by many of the students from that school who are passionately demanding action and change. If you - or anyone else here - are aware of organizations we can support, please let me know. I have personally had enough of this problem being ignored and have been researching ways to get involved.
  • My dads family has always been so hung up on weight and calling everyone out when they look like they’ve gained weight. Well I video chat them a few minutes ago and first thing she said was “look your face so much more chubby!”. I’m over here trying not to get subconscious of my newly found second chin. 
  • @SmashJam I regret getting an instant pot without the yogurt function. I make mine in a croc pot all day on “warm” and shut it off when it’s getting too hot. Time consuming but sooo good! 
  • @wildtot nothing makes me see red more quickly than that!! ugh so damaging to a person :( I think you look beautiful! 

• @wildtot WTF who does that?!