September 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms w/o 2/4

Re: Symptoms w/o 2/4

• Options
    Jumping on the severe insomnia train...and my toddler doesn't sleep through the night. So I'm usually up from 3-5:30/6 am...just to finally fall asleep until 7. Sigh. He's back down by 3:30.
    What is up with these toddlers not sleeping through the night?? I was under the impression that they were supposed to start sleeping at some point! Mine still wakes up almost every night between 1 and 2. I'm so tired all the time.

• Options
    nackie said:
    Jumping on the severe insomnia train...and my toddler doesn't sleep through the night. So I'm usually up from 3-5:30/6 am...just to finally fall asleep until 7. Sigh. He's back down by 3:30.
    What is up with these toddlers not sleeping through the night?? I was under the impression that they were supposed to start sleeping at some point! Mine still wakes up almost every night between 1 and 2. I'm so tired all the time.

My toddler is super hit or miss with sleep. On any given night there's no telling if he'll sleep 11 hours straight through or wake up 1-5 times. It makes me more than a little crazy 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I think he's slept through the night less than 15 times in his life. Seriously. 20 months now. Granted, he hit 4 nights in the week before we decided to try for this baby, I was all like "it's cool now, he's sleeping way better." Yeah, it's happened once since then. 

ETA: spelling
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    shellso923shellso923 member
    edited February 2018
    @stothi oh my gosh, I hope you feel better soon! 

Ive been dealing with dizziness, shortness of breath, some waves of nausea. The fatigue seems to be passing, thankfully. When I complained to DH, he told me “I’d been pregnant for a minute” which he was only messing with me because he is a child and if he’s not antagonizing the dog or our son, it’s me - but still he’s lucky he didn’t get smothered in his sleep that night. 
  • Options
    I mentioned this in the BF thread, but add me to team headaches blow. They're so bad. I MIGHT be able to power through the pain, but the accompanying nausea makes it hard to function.
    Same! I’ve been lucky to not get headaches ever while pregnant before, but no such luck this time. Boo. That was the one thing I was looking forward to was a reprieve from migraines. Instead this is day #2 of splitting headache.  :s
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly how sweet of your niece! How was the home visit for the adoption? 
  • Options
    @sweetpeag825 sorry this pregnancy has been so rough! I feel you on the nausea and eating being the only thing that helps. My doctor said if that is what makes me feel better then to keep eating. Granted, I am craving oranges and celery right now so those are pretty healthy things to crave. 

Hopefully you will start to feel better in second trimester. 
  • Options
    I probably have most of the symptoms in the book. But I have to say I'm a bit impressed,  I threw up so hard today my head hurts now, so I got that going for me. I have to do a school presentation tomorrow and I'm trying to write a text between vomiting and headaches, it's pretty glorious. 

And let's not get started on boob pain. Feels like when I was 10 and I was trying to grow a pair. Plus my friends are telling me to feel alive and be happy and I'm just like I haven't felt this dead and exhausted for such a long period of time since probably... never. I'm hoping second semester gets better :)
  • Options
    @sweetpeag825 I found during my last pregnancy that every time I thought (JUST a thought, I wouldn't even call them out on it) someone was posting mud of a symptom that I'd find myself with those same symptoms days later. Pregnancy karma is real!
  • Options
    Woke up super bloated and nauseated, anyone else?
  • Options
    @faithandababy My bloat has finally died down a bit (I'm 10w2d), but the nausea is pretty much constant. B6 and unisom have been my life savor. I'm not sure I'd be able to manage eating without them. 
  • Options
    I am always tired. And I've got like zero appetite.

But my biggest obstacle now is my walking boot! I fractured my ankle. Now I'm freaking out about being able to exercise. Help? 
  • Options
    @fftm9318 That sucks! I had a boot for about a month for a broken big toe. I did floor exercises and even yoga. I had to do some things like planks on my knees. You can still do Pilates, other an work, and arm weights. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    I’d do anything to poop right now. 
  • Options
    @cooksieta1 I started doing Metamucil, but one dose did nothing so today I’ll go with two. I also drank a small cup of coffee this morning which seems to help get it moving.
  • Options
    @cooksieta1 Dried prunes! 
  • Options
    @klj0228 I cut out coffee, mainly because of a food adversion, but I’m starting to be interested in it again. I’ll try that this morning! If that doesn’t work, I’ll hit up the Metamucil. Thank you! ☺️
  • Options
    stothistothi member
    edited February 2018
    @cooksieta1 Dried prunes! 
    Prunes and snack on frosted (or plain) mini wheats cereal. I swear that mini wheats helped save me from morning sickness and constipation last pregnancy. I'm doing pretty good this time around too.
  • Options
    I’m so sorry so many of you are actually sick on top of everything!  Just the regular nausea and vomiting are causing me to feel absolutely worthless.  Has anyone else experienced what I think is round ligament pain yet?  It feels early at 7 weeks, but if I stand up to quickly I feel muscle straining in my lower abdomen.
  • Options
    @ecrotty35 Yup, for me it's less when I'm standing up, but a ton when I sneeze, some when I twist.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pourmeamocktail so glad to know it’s not just me.  It really caught me off guard this early, but perhaps it’s because I’m on baby #3?
  • Options
    Still nauseous and my boobs are starting to hurt more! Boo, also have a toddler going through a sleep regression so very tired here too! 
  • Options
    Nausea can just go f*** itself.
    I cannot like this enough. I had my first appointment with the midwife today. They have a short questionnaire to see how bad your nausea is. Apparently mine is pretty bad (Duh, I knew that). She’s offering prescriptions of something more intense than diclegis. Starts with an R. Can’t remember. Or zofran.

Anyone been on diclegis and was bumped up to something else? Did it help that much more? 
  • Options
    Nausea can just go f*** itself.
    100% agreement.
  • Options
    Nausea is finally starting to go away after 5 long brutal weeks here. But it roars it’s ugly head every time I brush my teeth.. wtf?!? It’s like the act of opening my mouth wide or taste of toothpaste just sends me over the edge and then I’m back to square 1. Aside from that I too have had migraines on and off. But my most stubborn and annoying symptom is nasal congestion. I’ve had it since right before my BFP test and it’s still going strong at 10weeks3 days. :( it’s so bad that it sometimes makes my ears clogged. But I know I’m not sick. Just clear thick mucous. Yay me !  On top of that I am beyond exhausted all day every day. I can usually fall asleep but I toss and turn all night. Can’t get comfortable. On top of that I wake up and I’m always on my back. Wtf!? I never used to be a back sleeper. I was the perfect side sleeper but of course now that I’m supposed to do that my body won’t let me. Does anyone have any tips or tricks? I tried the huge U shaped body pillow and returned it. It hurt my neck since it was so hard and bulky. 

Im soooooo sorry to hear about you super flu/sick ladies. That sounds absolutely miserable. I don’t know how you’re surviving. 

And anyone one who is vomiting all day has my upmost admiration and deepest sympathies. Y’all are my hero’s. 

Second trimester: get here nowwwww!!!!!!
  • Options
    @babyg333 you can totally sleep on your back for now. When baby gets bigger you still only need like a 15° slant so just like a flat pillow under your hip is enough. My MFM said that if you were asleep on your back and the baby was heavy enough to start cutting off circulation your body will notice and send a shot of adrenaline to wake you up and you'll wake up thinking you had a bad dream or something.

The big u shape pillow and the snoogle pillows and things that all the moms love so much never worked for me :'( I did the best with just a collection of different sized pillows I could shove wherever. I have at least 2 body pillows so I can cuddle up against the one and shove the other up against my back. I had a little foam wedge pillow that went under my belly. 
  • Options
    @SkilledSailor it was probably Reglan. I haven’t used either of those but will be asking about getting a rx at my appt today and will be interested to see which they recommend. Unisom b6 is working ok for me, but I sleep so soundly and am so groggy that I’m not comfortable taking unisom while DH travels and then I am a mess. 
  • Options
    Hi ladies- I am having an emotional tailspin day because: NOTHING FITS!!! I’m 9 weeks today. I’m a ftm. I seriously thought I had a little more time with my super cute banana republic work pants that I bought 4 pairs of in November. I’ve worn yoga pants to work that past 2 days and thankfully no one has noticed! I had to run to target on my lunch break today for a bigger bra because my boobs are killing me! Oh, and I’ve lost weight since getting pregnant, so I am just confused! And tired and emotional. But, super thankful our little rocketbaby is doing great. Dislegis has completely taken care of my morning sickness. But, still all of this sometimes is just so bizarre and overwhelming and the bra and pants not fitting caught me by surprise! Thanks for this wonderful supportive group ladies! I think everything will get easier when I don’t have to hide this anymore. 
  • Options
    Hi ladies- I am having an emotional tailspin day because: NOTHING FITS!!! I’m 9 weeks today. I’m a ftm. I seriously thought I had a little more time with my super cute banana republic work pants that I bought 4 pairs of in November. I’ve worn yoga pants to work that past 2 days and thankfully no one has noticed! I had to run to target on my lunch break today for a bigger bra because my boobs are killing me! Oh, and I’ve lost weight since getting pregnant, so I am just confused! And tired and emotional. But, super thankful our little rocketbaby is doing great. Dislegis has completely taken care of my morning sickness. But, still all of this sometimes is just so bizarre and overwhelming and the bra and pants not fitting caught me by surprise! Thanks for this wonderful supportive group ladies! I think everything will get easier when I don’t have to hide this anymore. 

This happened to me with DD. I lost 15 pounds in first tri but my pants got tighter. It's a real mind-f***.

Have you bought a belly band or anything like that? It helped me eek out my pants until I could invest in maternity pants last time.

And I'll also add, maternity pants are amazing. Do not fight the maternity pants. They are so comfy ;)
  • Options
    I’m mentally not handling the “morning sickness” very well. I question whether it is just nausea or the effects of how slow my digestion has gotten. I’ll eat a small light meal and feel like I’ve eaten 12 large greasy pizzas for hours afterwards. But not eating is worse. I have very very brief cravings but in general I dread food and eating. It makes me feel very mentally fragile, because nothing I do really helps at all. I think the only reason I’m not actually vomiting is that I’m making sure to get protein every time I eat, but that doesn’t help with the nausea. 
  • Options
    jschu23jschu23 member
    edited February 2018
    @magnolia209 Yes! I am in the same boat too at 10w1d and a FTM. I am feeling (and looking) huge and my doc said I've lost a pound. Makes absolutely no sense. I thought it might be because I cancelled my Orange Theory membership and have been losing muscle but gaining fat, since muscle weighs more than fat... It's the only thing I can come up with!
  • Options
    Last time around I lost almost 5 lbs in the first trimester and the ability to button my pants by 8 weeks.  This time I'm only down a lb, but the pants still went around 7-8 weeks.  The belly band works great until you're mentally ready for maternity pants.  You can pick it the maternity section at target
  • Options
    starlastarla member
    edited February 2018
    It could also just be bloat that's making your pants tight. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    @embri12 I feel ya. I thought it was just tooth paste and brushing in the morning so i didnt yesterday morning and I still spent all day yesterday gagging retching and rethinking my life decisions. It's really hard on the morale. But a few more weeks to power through and hopefully we will all be done with this nausea. I'm so ready. 
  • Options
    @cooksieta1 Metamucil also makes the capsules... My husband uses the powder all the time and I couldn't stand it. For a couple of days, I took 4 capsules two to three times a day and then I was pretty regular again. Not like I was before I got pregnant, but close enough. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have been drinking Vernors (ginger soda) and taking Dramamine mostly for my sickness. If you are still sick and have tried different methods, Vernors has helped a lot. I'm still sick but not nearly as much as I was a week ago. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker