September 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms w/o 2/4

Re: Symptoms w/o 2/4

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pretty sure I've got the flu.  The only bright side is that misery is masking the morning sickness, so I don't feel nauseous for the first time in weeks
  • Options
    Also not a symptom, but everyone who’s boobs grow in pregnancy, I’m jealous. My boobs never grow, unless you count when they are engorged. I would love to not be an A cup. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  • Options
    @ashh2018 I'm 10 weeks today and the sickness just hit yesterday. I was worried a lot also. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Barfing barfing barfing. 
    With my 2yo in the hallway saying “what’s mommy doing?!”
  • Options
    @megnwingate I hear you!  Last time around I made it all the way up to a small B cup when I was fully engorged in the early days of nursing.  I don't imagine i'll see much more this time around either :(
  • Options
    ashh2018ashh2018 member
    edited February 2018
    For all you sick mamas, I’m so sorry and I hope you feel better soon! DH is sick, and got me sick as usual. I had a low fever and took Tylenol, but it’s still 99.5. This is my first pregnancy and I’m a little paranoid. Is this ok? With all the flu fears going around, I’m starting to freak out and wonder if I need to go to the doctor?

ETA really wanting to find a new doctor. When I went for the first appt I asked the NP (I won’t see the doctor for months apparently) if there was a number I could call and reach someone any time if I had questions. I just looked and the number she gave me was the regular office number, telling me that the office is closed but I could leave a message or press 4 if it’s an emergency. It’s not a damn emergency but is that what I’m supposed to do if I have a concern on a Sunday?? Getting really frustrated :(
  • Options
    ashh2018 said:
    For all you sick mamas, I’m so sorry and I hope you feel better soon! DH is sick, and got me sick as usual. I had a low fever and took Tylenol, but it’s still 99.5. This is my first pregnancy and I’m a little paranoid. Is this ok? With all the flu fears going around, I’m starting to freak out and wonder if I need to go to the doctor?

ETA really wanting to find a new doctor. When I went for the first appt I asked the NP (I won’t see the doctor for months apparently) if there was a number I could call and reach someone any time if I had questions. I just looked and the number she gave me was the regular office number, telling me that the office is closed but I could leave a message or press 4 if it’s an emergency. It’s not a damn emergency but is that what I’m supposed to do if I have a concern on a Sunday?? Getting really frustrated :(
    Both Tylenol and low fever are ok. There should be an after-hours line or something you could call. Or try looking for a nurses line provided through your insurance?
  • Options
    @ashh2018 Tylenol is OK, and fever below 102 is OK, at least per my doc.I had the flu at 6 weeks. It was awful.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @stothi @pourmeamocktail ok thank you. I figured it was fine, I’m just paranoid. I’m going to call tomorrow and find out about an after hours line - because leaving a message so they can call back during business hours doesn’t seem like a helpful after-hours solution! 
  • Options
    DH- Whoa, your boobs are looking bigger. 

So, go ahead and add me to the swollen boob club.

Nausea and food aversions are still going strong. I have been getting an hour window around 3pm when I don't feel awful. So that's a plus. 
  • Options
    @ashh2018 This is at least the case with our last peditrician, if a message was left then it would be checked by someone and they were great about calling back. I hope that ends up being the case with your OB.

As others have said, Tylenol is ok. I hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    born2run911born2run911 member
    edited February 2018
    Ahhh I feel so bad for some of you poor gals! @stothi that is the saddest story, I really
    hope your plague flags off soon!
    @chillmama1518 I know what it’s like puking while your toddler listens and tells you random facts of the day and asks what you’re doing! No fun. 
    This week my insane shortness of breath continues. My husband told me I’m “showing” aka lay off the ice cream and pizza (insert eye roll), and the puking continues (although I feel it may be improving!). I could also be in bed by 7pm nightly if my children would let me, and I can’t make it through the day without some sort of nap! 

**grammar
  • Options
    @stothi I hope you feel better soon! That sounds like the worst.

Still mostly nausea and sore boobs. Round ligament pain has been showing up more often. Morning sickness has upped its game to 2x a week. Heartburn comes and goes as well as food aversion. Sitting at the table to eat has usually led to not keeping food down so reclining a bit on the couch seems to have done the trick. Constipation seems to have resolved itself but we'll see what the week brings. 
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly agree! We are all pretty well checking off the first trimester symptoms. 

I passed the nausea point this morning to full on morning sickness. Not sure how I’ll survive the first 4 hours if my day on conference calls. Going to order son preggie pops today...hopefully that will help. 
  • Options
    @ashh2018 some people are lucky and have very smooth pregnancies in regards to pregnancy symptoms. With my first I had absolutely no morning sickness. In the first trimester all I had experienced was tiredness and breast tenderness. Other than that I never really had anoth symptom. Not even Braxton Hicks later on in pregnancy. I get the struggle with worrying but do know that lack of symptoms doesn’t necessarily mean something is wrong. I hope you can find a new doctor that you like - that’s important. You should be able to call a nurse hot line like others have mentioned. On the back of many insurance cards a number is usually listed. 
    Anniversary
    Me (29) + DH (30) | Dating 2003 | Married 2008
    DS - 02/21/2016

• Options
    I'm so bloated it isn't funny. Granted this is my 6th pregnancy, so my uterus is ready to go... But so much bloat. It makes it pretty uncomfortable to eat, so I go from starving to nauseous. Exhaustion is still here (helped by having a 4yo and a 14mo.) Oh and raging hormones making my emotions crazy. 

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Options
    @stothi - That sounds miserable. Try not to feel bad - you're LO will be fine and it's hard enough to take care of yourself when you're that sick, but to manage a LO too? I hope you've turned a corner today and are on the mend.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    I mentioned this in the BF thread, but add me to team headaches blow. They're so bad. I MIGHT be able to power through the pain, but the accompanying nausea makes it hard to function.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • Options
    I'm on week 2 of feeling nauseous and unable to eat anything. Lucky me, I'll be 7 weeks on Wednesday and this started just after I hot 5 weeks. I'm going to count my blessings that I'm not throwing up (knock on wood), but the complete adversion to eating is just awful. It's also a cruel joke that eating something does help me feel less nauseous. Who wants to eat when they feel like they want to puke?!

@SkilledSailor What are these target nursing bras you speak of? My boobs are huge and I one bra that's fitting right now. It's comfortable but somehow causing chaffing on one of my boobs. This is a first, what the heck?!
    @prpl11butterfly @xxkberxx Sorry to hear about the headaches. I had one last week and they're miserable.
    @nackie @stothi So sorry to hear that you're both ill. Hang in there and hope you start feeling better soon. 
    @episcowitch Makes me feel better to know that having any dignity is off the table for me. Kind of a relief :smiley:
    @smsaulino Incredible jealous that you didn't feel sick until 10 weeks! 
    @chillmama1518 So sorry to hear about the barfing! Hope that stops asap.
  • Options
    stothi said:
    @stothi - That sounds miserable. Try not to feel bad - you're LO will be fine and it's hard enough to take care of yourself when you're that sick, but to manage a LO too? I hope you've turned a corner today and are on the mend.
    We all seem to be doing better today! No one feels like running a marathon or going to a party, but so far today no one is throwing up or pooping their pants. And that's a major win! 
    That definitely sounds like a huge improvement!
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • Options
    @jaylii On the maternity clothes thread a few ladies recommended Target's maternity/nursing bras. I haven't tried them yet but I'm definitely looking forward to it. 
  • Options
    Today I feel wiped out. Still some light spotting but no real concern as I know some ladies have it throughout their entire pregnancy. And I'm craving the mess outta some ravioli! Who else has cravings? Happy Monday from this tired mama!
  • Options
    I feel hung over every day. I'm so tired of feeling nauseated all the time. Yuck, this can't pass soon enough. Got my maternity pants out and washed this weekend, yes to comfort!
  • Options
    @jaylii Dignity is just an act. Much like control, it is just an illusion we use to make ourselves feel better. 
    “My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Aunt Frances” 
  • Options
    What is this dignity thing you speak of? I'll never forget when I had a ruptured appendix 2 days before I was supposed to go back to work from maternity leave. I had to use a manual pump in the ER waiting room, my electric pump in my actual ER treatment room with people coming in and out, and then post op half uncovered pumping with a shy male tech coming in to take vitals. I swear half the hospital saw my boobs that visit. And I asked for the mesh underwear post op too since I apparently had a UTI with blood and/or I had my period, again poor shy male tech had to go to OB to grab those for me, the nurse told him not to ask any questions, hah. So glamorous.
  • Options
    I’ve had some *slight* nausea that I more so consider just an “icky tummy.” I’m s-t-a-r-v-I-n-g 100% of the time. The problem is that I’m finding I’ll crave something, eat it and feel good, then think about it a few hours later and want to chuck.

Also - insomnia anyone? I’m tired all day (right now I’m so tired that my face hurts), but I find I can’t get comfortable at night and I can’t shut my brain down.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @kaykay1126 I feel ya on the insomnia. I’m usually so exhausted at the end of the day that I can fall asleep easy, but if anything wakes me up I can’t get back to sleep. 
  • Options
    Jumping on the severe insomnia train...and my toddler doesn't sleep through the night. So I'm usually up from 3-5:30/6 am...just to finally fall asleep until 7. Sigh. He's back down by 3:30.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Pregnancy Ticker