September 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms w/o 1/28

Re: Symptoms w/o 1/28

• Options
    @carbsandcrabs Woof, sorry about your yucky weekend...I hope your meds work and you're feeling better!

Fatigue, bloating, gas, nausea and shortness of breath!  My nausea comes in waves.  The 4 days before my BFP were straight nausea, food aversions and no appetite.  A few days after BFP, I got my appetite back, but most meats still gross me out.  The nausea isn't all day every day anymore, but it's still very present.  
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @carbsandcrabs sorry about your crummy weekend. Hopefully the meds will help and it won’t be like that for a large portion of the pregnancy. 

@sclarke7 hopefully you’ll rest better as time goes on. I go to sleep fine, but I wake up at crazy hours and start to think, “I’m pregnant YAy!! what if something happens, are you sure everything is okay, are you feeling how you should”. Commence googling pregnancy symptoms by week. Then I can’t go back to sleep. 
  • Options
    @nepatsgirl0627 - Unrelated to this thread, but since this is the first time I've come across a post from you I'm replying here - I'm also a wicked Pats fan! Quite excited and nervous for this weekend!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    I don't remember this much shortness of breath in my first pregnancy, but just reading a book to my kid at night as me out of breath. Reading the other comments tho, it doesn't seem uncommon! When I woke up to feed DD in the middle of the night, I noticed my stomach felt a little larger and I felt borderline noticeably pregnant after my shower. My pants are too tight to button, but too loose with the hair tie trick. Thanks semi-bloat.  
  • Options
    @DanyTargaryen are you from the NE area? I don't follow sports but being a MA girl, I'm totally rooting for the Pats to take the game!
  • Options
    On zofran, phenergan, unisom, and b6 and still can’t hold down anything by the end of the day. I’m at least somewhat functioning today. I haven’t hardly left my bed or couch pallet in over 2 weeks. 
    Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly - I am! Born and raised MA, but CT now.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • Options
    And the one symptom I keep forgetting about...I have no appetite. Like halfway though a small lunch I don't want another bite. Not eating and I don't mix well so it would be great if this would sort itself out soon.
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • Options
    Traded all day nausea for diarrhea today! Yay?? So tired, getting dizzy easily, sore boobs, and thinking about meat makes me queasy. Hope we all start feeling better soon. I do not remember feeling this low at the start of my last pregnancy. I guess comparing is worthless since each one is it’s own special journey. I would very much like to crawl upstairs in bed and ask to be left alone until morning!! (Add moodiness to the list!)
  • Options
    all day nausea (no vomiting yet.. thank goodness). Unisom helps, but makes me even more tired. How often are you ladies taking unisom? Also, the only food that sounds edible are carbs (and blackberry pie, for some odd reason). I'm so thankful for the prenatal vitamins.. my eating has been horribly unhealthy.
  • Options
    Are you all taking Unisom for nausea? Doesn’t it put you to sleep? 
  • Options
    all day nausea (no vomiting yet.. thank goodness). Unisom helps, but makes me even more tired. How often are you ladies taking unisom? Also, the only food that sounds edible are carbs (and blackberry pie, for some odd reason). I'm so thankful for the prenatal vitamins.. my eating has been horribly unhealthy.

I spent a fair amount of my first pregnancy practically living off of cherry pie.  So much delicious pie.
  • Options
    @sclarke7 thank you, me too. None today so that's good! I've been eating gogurts, Mac and cheese and string cheese lol. Is This your first? This is my second baby and no morning sickness, I'm shocked.
  • Options
    cooksieta1cooksieta1 member
    edited January 2018
    Nausea has been terrible but handling it well with small meals. I get depressed when i have a sickness and it’s prolonged, so I’m getting depressed and anxious...I cry because I’m pregnant but I also cry because mentally I just feel off. I hope it goes away soon so I can really enjoy the realities of the exciting baby growing in my belly. 
  • Options
    Ok... lately I have been having small crying fits, most for no reason at all... but tonight while working on homework I had a full blown melt down, hyperventilating and all. DH was seriously scared for me and the baby .. school has always made me freak out.. but this definitely was mixed with hormones. I know there are worst things then this that y'all are going through.. I just hate feeling like I can only guess Godzilla feels like. Ugh. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Totally out of breath when I go up stairs!

Absolutely exhausted - like, I will not survive one more minute if I don’t close my eyes right now, tired!

No longer nauseous, but super gaggy. I was this was with both girls, more times than not, after I brush my teeth, it stimulates my gag reflex and I puke a little, which means I have to brush my teeth again! 

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I’m not nauseous between meals, but eating makes me sick. Even if it’s something I wanted to eat. I do find myself needing to eat more often or else I’m hangry and want to throw things. 

I am soooo very tired. Switched the laundry... cool I need a nap. Got off the couch to let the dogs out... totally earned a snooze. Good thing I can put DD on her tablet for 30 mins so I can doze off. Or else I’d be dead. 

My sciatica is back again. I got it really bad with DD. My right hip and only for a few weeks in the first tri. Thankfully, I remember the the stretches and how to sit so I don’t get really bad pains. 
  • Options
    @stothi.  My 1st time didn't go well...I seem to have more symptoms this time.  Could seriously pass on the insomnia but never thought I'd be so happy to be sick to my stomach all the time!
  • Options
    Anyone know the deal on taking magnesium and or CoQ10 during pregnancy? I'm supposed to take CoQ10 for migraines  (per my neuro) and I take magnesium to help sleep (which in turn lessens migraines) but have stopped both. I feel like it's starting to catch up on me. Planing to call my OB but they are not open yet and I will have to wait for a nurse to return my call anyway. Figured I'd see if you ladies had any knowledge while I wait.
  • Options
    I hear you ladies on the exhaustion.. I could use a nap every day. I'm usually asleep by 8:30. Still having intense sushi cravings that I have no way of satisfying. 

@EErin86 Omg, I just had a flashback to my pregnancy with DD... I snored SO LOUDLY. My DH couldn't even believe it. At least this time round we have a spare room lol
    @bpietronicco My hips were super sore my last pregnancy. I found going to the chiropractor once a month helped a lot!

Image result for green dog

Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP #1: 9/12/2015
    DD: 6/1/2016
    BFP #2: 1/16/2018 MC 2/2/2018
  • Options
    Anyone know the deal on taking magnesium and or CoQ10 during pregnancy? I'm supposed to take CoQ10 for migraines  (per my neuro) and I take magnesium to help sleep (which in turn lessens migraines) but have stopped both. I feel like it's starting to catch up on me. Planing to call my OB but they are not open yet and I will have to wait for a nurse to return my call anyway. Figured I'd see if you ladies had any knowledge while I wait.
    I don't know about the CoQ10 at all but I'm under the impression magnesium is totally fine. I just saw a bottle of pregnant lady supplements that was calcium and magnesium. I have really bad restless leg so I'm going to ask my doc if magnesium really is ok cause I'd like to start taking it since my restless leg med isn't good for pregnancy/nursing.

Do you have restless leg or other sleep disorders? I often wonder how many things go hand in hand with migraine. Like if someone smarter than me could figure out the common source, they could cure it all in one go.
  • Options
    @stothi I would worship the ground walked by anyone who can cure migraine. 

I do not have RLS or any other sleep disorders (at least I don't think). I do beleive I have Reynaurds (just haven't seen PCP for diagnosis) and often wonder if there is a link between the 2. My Neuro had me on the CoQ10 because I often wake with migraines. This led him to beleive I have an energy processing issue and the Co helps mitochondria be more efficient. It was definitely making a difference.

I also have vitiligo and both that and Reynaurds are linked to autoimmune disorders so I am sure there is something that just hasn't been caught.
  • Options
    I have the Infant Risk app and it says CoQ10 is possibly safe, but no data available to confirm. The medication safety lookup in the Ovia app does not have CoQ10 listed.

For mag, I couldn't find a general mag to select. It keeps offering mag combos so I don't know which one to check. The 2 mags that come up in the Ovia app are choline magnesium trisalicylate which is a Cat X (I assume this is not what you mean by mag but I wanted to provide everything I had) and plain 'ol magnesium sulfate (I would assume this is more along the correct lines) comes up as a Cat A, which are generally deemed ok.

Not all that helpful since it's just what I get from my apps, but it's something while you're waiting to hear from your dr office.
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • Options
    Thanks you @DanyTargaryen. Sulfate is what I was using/have. Those are pretty much the results I got from a cursory Google search as well. I haven't even called yet (at work and while office mate knows, guy on the other side of our window does not and I prefer it that way).
  • Options
     I've been living off fluffernutter sandwiches with salt and vinegar chips because it's the only thing that isn't making me gag.

With DD, the only thing that didn't make me nauseous or give me unbearable heartburn was spicy salmon rolls with gobsof wasabi. So, I got a meal where I actually enjoyed it and could be full like twice a month.

When you've got all day nausea, you eat what you can when you can.
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly  I have not even considered what will happen when I get a migraine. I get them spring and fall when I have allergies. Please share what you find out as it will likely be helpful for many of us.

How’s everyone’s exhaustion today? What is everyone doing to overcome exhaustion at work? I work from home so I have a little bit of flexibility, but I do have to still actually get work accomplished. Today is the first day I just feel completely drained. 
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly One of my girlfriends swears by grape juice for migraines and the flu.  That or try a little bit of caffeine?
  • Options
    Is anyone else having itchy stretch marks? For some reason last pregnancy my belly and boobs got like half a stretch mark each, in a spot you can't see so who cares. But my thighs and hips got trashed! Crazy deep marks all, and I mean all, over. It looks like I'm an alien or burn survivor or part watermelon or something. They are really intense. Anyhow, they are starting to itch! Really hoping it's just a random one off coincidence and I just got something on me that I reacted to and that this isn't going to be a thing moving forward.
  • Options
    @businesswife knows how to manipulate the selection of emojis!!
  • Options
    Please share this wealth of knowledge @BusinessWife! I can't remember how to post gifs so I need more emojis at least!!
  • Options
    Is it a giphy app?
  • Options

Hot damn! It was not that easy when I was here for DS!
  • Options
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/Redpuma119">Redpuma119</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">Is it a giphy app?<br id="null"></div>
    </blockquote>
    Yeah, it's free in the Google playstore.