June 2018 Moms

Randomssss [Week of 1/22]

124»

Re: Randomssss [Week of 1/22]

• @lisa2589
    Last pregnancy in 2nd trimester I was up nightly for a mug of cheerios and milk. I literally could not sleep I as soooooo hungry. This one, not so much. Although I do have first and second breakfast, every day. I eat barely a thing for dinner though. 

Mama to a wonderful DD - Sep 2015, Wife to my DH since 2011, 2 dogs, a cat, and hoping to add No. 2 in May/June 2018. Canadian.
    5 - IUIs, 3 - IVF retrievals, 2- failed transfers (fresh, and frozen), PGS on second IVF resulted in 1 perfect emby, and DD. 
    3rd IVF w PGS resulted in 3! perfect embys. 1st transfer - Sep 2017 2 more on ice. 
  • @glitterfingers yeah I've worked for a couple small companies and its uncanny the way they can change things that effect employees without any notice or regard. And in between I worked for the federal government, it was glorious holidays galore, 12 week paid maternity leave, great medical insurance. I knew from my colleagues that it was a great place to work and have a baby (co-pay for c-section $100, my coworker spent 9 days in the hospital after delivery.... NO copay). But I wasn't married or ready back then. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Loading the player...
  • @doxiemoxie212 If you haven't tried it and just want grocery delivery, I love Peapod. They have a ton of selection that our little neighborhood grocery does not and they usually have pretty decent delivery windows.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Okay, my fellow This is Us fans. I watched yesterday I cried...and then this morning I put my (pre-planned) dinner in the crockpot before I left the house to run errands. I had a little moment of hesitation about that one  :#
  • @katelynrae86 one of the first things I said to DH is people will now hesitate using crockpots. I've never been comfortable leaving a crockpot all day though, so nothing new for me. we've just had to many house fires in my family so I'm a nervous pervous with fires.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • I love grocery shopping. :) And for produce I really want to see it and squeeze it before I take it home. Amazon fresh isn't available in my area anyways. After I had my first baby I remember telling a friend who didn't have kids how I loved going to a certain grocery store because I could get a Starbucks and walk around and she rolled her eyes and said "you sound like such a mom."
  • I've been sending DH to do grocery shopping with a list for the past few weeks because the flu is so bad here. Been keeping DS and myself in because we've been sick enough this season. That's kind of like grocery pick up, yes? He doesn't charge us anything but gas. :p
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @llamamama14 I am not yet a mom but I love doing that! Super Target is amazing for it. Get a drink, go grocery shopping, browse everything else for everything I don't need and spend $165. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @llamamama14 I like doing that, but I think for different reasons. I like to shop when I'm sad, but I know just spending money to feel better isn't a great idea. BUT: loophole -- my mom sort of accidentally taught me growing up that spending money on food doesn't count because you have to eat, right? So when I'm sad I go to the grocery store.... lol. And it's dumb because I just end up buying candles, and those aren't EFFING EDIBLE DOXIE, but whatever. Loopholes. Also I'm clearly obsessed with Whole Foods. Whenever we go to a new city, I always want to go to the Whole Foods and see what it's like.  :D:pB)
  • @ffw0617 we actually do our regular weekly grocery shopping at Aldi now because shopping at Target was adding up for that very reason. However, there's usually at least 2-3 items that I can't get at Aldi, especially if I have specific recipes I am shopping for and then I stop at Target on my way home and end up with a handful of extra things. Not enough to break the bank but just enough to feel fun. 
    *TW LC*

• +1 for Aldi

I am irrationally excited about some dumb ish this week. 
    #1 - The Super Troopers 2 trailer. 17 years after the first. I was a teenager when it came out. I am now a grown-ass woman. 
    #2 - Taco Bell Nacho Fries. Get. In. My. Belly. (Why am I overweight?)
    #3 - Finally got to see the movie It. I am a pretty big Stephen King fan and the book scared the crap out of me as a kid. The movie was better than I had anticipated.
  • @kfren OMG, It scared me to death when I was a kid. I didn't read the book, but watched the movie/mini-series with Tim Curry as Pennywise. It haunted me for months. I remember my Mom being so pissed at me because she told me not to watch it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 I read It when I was 12 and slept in my aunt's room for two nights. I can safely say it's the only fiction that has ever truly scared me. 
  • +2 for Aldi. I save so much money shopping there. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kfren I think I wasn't allowed to read the book because there's some weird sex scene in it. Apparently I didn't care enough about reading back then to break that rule, but I would go to the trouble of finding a way to watch the movie.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 I shouldn't have been allowed to read it, but I moved in with my young aunt just before sixth grade and she gave me absolute freedom at the public library. 
  • We just got an Aldi's in our town but I haven't checked it out yet. We're also getting a Sprouts right near our house. Anyone have one? I know it's a natural foods store just not sure how it compares to Whole Foods or MOM's etc.
  • Austenista  Austenista member
    edited January 2018
    @Llamamama14 Sprouts has great deals on produce and bulk items like rice, oats, spices, and trail mixes. Their aisle foods are priced comparably to Whole Foods, but their produce you often can’t beat them. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Maybe more of an UO but I don’t really like Aldi. All their brand stuff tastes slightly off and I dislike that you never know if they will have the produce you are looking for. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I love aldi's but I don't shop there often. I don't know why, but I'm nervous to try their meats. And with produce, I wish you didn't have to buy full bags of stuff... apples, oranges etc.

and I'm glad our target isn't super close to food shop at! It'd be so ugly. I'd spend hours there a week probably.
  • @catlady1215 I'm sorry about your experiences with housefires. That's so scary. I do agree about leaving it on all day, but more because things seem to cook way quicker than recipes indicate (8-10 hours? more like 4 or 5...) but I'm not normally nervous leaving it for a couple hours.
  • @austenista Good to know. I'll have to check them out once they open.
  • sabby2sabby2 member
    edited January 2018
    I doppled baby before going home tonight and heard movement and HB was 140s.

Sorry I edited.  Just really bothering me.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @sabby2 I’m sorry to hear about your friend. I can’t imagine how difficult that is. I totally understand how it can mess with your head. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sabby2 oh my, that is always hard to hear, and especially now. So sorry. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sabby2 so sorry to hear that. Definitely understandable to feel that way. T&P’s for your friend. 

AFM...we made mac and cheese in the instant pot for dinner tonight and it turned out awful. Idk if we used the wrong cheese or what but it called for American cheese so we just used Kraft American cheese and it turned into like mac and cheese paste. I honestly don’t know what other cheese would be considered American cheese. It was supposed to be copy cat Panera mac and cheese but it was no where near that. Unfortunately I think the whole batch will be tossed. 
    *TW LC*

•  @sabby2 :( That really is a tough day, always devastating to hear.  *Hugs*
  • @krashke I don’t know how anyone gets out of target for less than $100!!
  • @krashke did you use the kraft american singles? The ones that come wrapped in plastic? Or did you use the fresh cut american cheese from the deli counter?  
  • @marcus7676 the Kraft singles. I didn't know you could get real american cheese. Is it white? The Panera mac and cheese is definitely white and Kraft singles made it very much yellow.
    *TW LC*

• @krashke ha! yes, you can get sliced white american at the deli. It is much better than kraft singles which taste like plastic to me (I admit, I'm a bit of a cheese snob). I like white american in certain contexts (grilled cheese) -- my husband has made his own cheese in the past and will rant about how american cheese isn't really cheese.  :-)  Try white american from the deli next time! IP mac and cheese is on my list to try, so hopefully a different cheese type will work better!
  • @marcus7676 thanks for the heads up! Maybe we will try again if we can find real american cheese. I'm from WI so you would think I would be more knowledgeable in my cheeses. It was nasty though and I'm sure it's because of the Kraft singles which solidifies why we don't ever use them.  
    *TW LC*

• @krashke I bet if you got a chunk of American from the deli and shredded it, it may be really good! Deli American cheese is way better. It doesn't jiggle if you shake it back and forth lol 

My mom made a Panera copy cat once and it used white cheddar and mozzarella and was also really good. 
  • @krashke, the singles are technically a cheese product, so not true cheese (same goes for Velveeta). Definitely read the fine print under the title on the label, and if it says cheese product, it probably won't work the same. And yellow vs white color is just because of addition of food dyes. All cheese (and butter) is naturally white, the yellow color is just added to make them more appetizing.

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • I'm struggling today. I'm tired, my body feels tired and no motivation. I don't even have an excuse. I didn't do anything physical. I work from home so I'm on my ass a lot. And I don't remember waking up a lot last night. I did start work 2 hours early yesterday and today. but ehh, not a big deal. so glad its frrrriiiday!! annnd DH is off today, so he can deal with DS the rest of the day ;)

• One of my BFF’s is 36+3 today and being induced as we speak due to pre-e. She’s such a wreck and I wish there was something I could do for her! 

Pregnancy Ticker