June 2018 Moms

Randomssss [Week of 1/22]

Re: Randomssss [Week of 1/22]

• General note that I'm sorry to everyone who's impacted by the shut down. :disappointed:
    Also, I'm going to post the mental health check in because it seems like more of us can use it now. I'll post the link once I've made it.

@helenbz - I'm glad the accident was minor, and you and baby are okay!
    @amys614 - Sending you love right now. Is there an alternative medication you can take for your anxiety?
    @glitterfingers - The one and only therapist I saw for any period of time told me that because I had two good weeks, I didn't need to see her anymore... I felt like I couldn't argue (I was 19? at the time) and when she told me I could call if I needed more appointments, I felt like it was really just a line she always uses, so I never called even when I could've used someone helping me work through things.
    @harveyabbey77 - Yay for YH getting on first shift! I've done every shift, and while nights sucked the most physically, I think evenings sucked the most mentally. I knew that MH and DSS were still awake and I could be spending time with them, getting ready for bed, eating dinner, etc. but I had to work instead. At least on nights I knew they were all asleep!

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Loading the player...
  • @helenbz happy you’re safe and you got to see baby! 

@harveyabbey77 congrats with your husband’s new shift. I’m hoping mine gets a better job with better hours soon. It’s so nice having them home.
  • Mental health check-in:
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12723557/mental-health-check-in-jan-feb/p1?new=1

Feel free to use it for not only your own mental health struggles (whether you have a diagnosis or not), but your significant other's struggles as well.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 So happy to hear your results!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @krashke Yep!  We had a snow day yesterday and are two hours late so far today!  We got about 10 inches!!  My H came home from work at about 10:30 and they shut down production at noon.  It is crazy how much we got and the wind!!  
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @izza2 Great news! 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @izza2 so glad to hear the good news!!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • So glad for the news @izza2!

• @PatientlyWaiting10 we ended up getting probably 8-10" in NW metro. MH's snowblower wont start which is great because it is only two years old and he has only used it once (it was with friends last year and they used it multiple times so hopefully its not something they did) so we had to shovel and there was about 5" the first time yesterday and then MH shoveled again this morning and there was probably another 3-4". No snow day for us as neither of us work for the schools  :/
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @ramblebee I didn’t feel it, but I was asleep! I’m traveling to Ketchikan next week but otherwise I am far from the coast. I hope everyone is ok! Yikes. 

@izza2 I haven’t announced on social media yet either, and I might not for a while. I like it being semi private for now. If you’re worried about your mom sharing it where random strangers can see maybe make the post your friends only and then if she shares it, some people won’t be able to see it. 
  • @lisa2589 So beautiful. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thank you ladies so so much for the support. I am feeling slightly better today. I am almost wondering if there was a hormone fluctuation here recently. My panic attacks used to be closely related to my menstrual cycle so I know they were affected by changing hormones. Anyways. Just thankful to be feeling a little more like my normal self. I appreciate everyone's positive thoughts and internet hugs.  <3

I am team Eagles. Only because I am team anyone who beats the Patriots. It just feels like they're alwaysssss in it. 

@helenbz I hope you are feeling ok. Sorry to hear about your car accident. That must have been so scary.

@harveyabbey77 congrats on the shift change! I work 2-1030pm so I feel ya there.  We will see how I feel about it when baby comes. I have a feeling I will be ok until school age and then I will have to change. I really enjoy taking my time in the morning and the lack of rushing and being able to do some things before work. I know too though that my whole world is about to change so we will see. 

@izza2 so so so very happy for your wonderful news! Regarding being able to take a different medication, my doctor did say if I am absolutely full blown in a panic attack to go ahead and take it bc the risk to the baby is too great if I'm hyperventilating and losing it. Thankfully, I haven't reached that point and have been able to to breathe through it. If it becomes an ongoing issue, options would include something like Zoloft. My issues are very off and on again, which is why my doctor previously was comfortable with my once or twice a month per month use of my as needed medication since it's not a daily struggle. Definitely going to keep a close eye on it and bring it up at my appointment today. Thanks for starting the mental health check in. 
  • Taking 5yo DD to the Dr today because she keeps randomly throwing up in the night. No fever, no symptoms, just randomly throwing up and then fine. I really think it's acid reflux. She had it as a baby and seemed to grow out of it, but it seems like it's back.
  • @may14th2011 hope they find the cause! has she had any coughing issues? or sinus drainage that could maybe be dripping in the back and gagging her laying down?

• UGH sooooo.... just got an office wide email from my boss' assistant. The Office Procedures "Health Insurance" section has conveniently been changed now that I'm 20 weeks pregnant. Now anytime where you do not receive a pay check (during maternity leave you don't get a pay check we get 60% pay for STD from a 3rd party insurer) the company will NO LONGER make any contribution towards your health insurance and you have to pay 100% of the cost by the 5th of each month. So now I have the stress of saving for maternity leave AND find an additional $750 per month so that me and my baby have coverage. I've sent the email to a few of my friends, I really feel targeted. How could he change the policy in the middle of my pregnancy, only 15 people work for the company no one else is pregnant. I don't feel like there is any way I can continue to work here at this point.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • @ffw0617 could you and the baby go on YH's insurance after delivery? I feel like that counts as a .... what do they call it, life event? 
  • Oh wow, that's horrible @ffw0617!  I've had to pay the employee portion, but the whole thing?  Ugh.  

My company was just purchased last week (we've known it was coming for 6 months), and I'm on pins and needles wondering what sort of maternity policy there will be (if any).  I'm almost afraid to ask.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • @doxiemoxie212 MH is self employed.
  • @ffw0617 wow, that's an enormous blow! Unfortunately, I have nothing to really add, but I'm so sorry girl.
  • @ffw0617 that has red flags all over it. You should be grandfathered in under the old policy if they had any decency.
  • @ramblebee na, says subject to change at any time. And decency HA! This is the same boss that during Hurricane Harvey when we were all trapped in our homes for 4 days with water rising said "Employees will NOT be paid for days where they don't respond to all emails within 24 hours." Even though people were without power, and IDK water was flooding their homes, you were expected to respond. I didn't get paid for ONE day during the hurricane because of his 50% natural disaster policy that says in the event of a natural disaster if at least 50% of employees can make it to work those who cannot do not get paid for those days (unless they use a sick day or vacation day... I had only been here 2 months so I hadn't acquired either of those). So he actually docked me about 4 other people a day's pay bc our areas were too flooded to come to work. CRAZY.
  • @ffw0617 and is this is the same boss who begs women to come back to work after their babies arrive? Maybe if you aren't horrible like that, people will want to work for you!
  • @ffw0617 Sounds like he makes up his own rules without any consideration or decency for others!  What the heck!  That's a huge financial burden to suddenly impose upon his employees, especially when he knows one will be immediately affected by it  :(  Sorry girl.  MH is self employed too and when I quit my job health insurance was a huge sticker shock.  I'd definitely consider not returning to work there if you have the means of another option after June.
  • @ffw0617 well he sounds like a real peach. That's just awful! I'm so sorry!
  • @becca_123 that's exactly what he does. I just jokingly said to my coworkers in the hall (he's not in today) when my co-worker commented that "he can't fire you for being pregnant" that I'm pretty sure he'll make some kind of adjustment to hospitalization rule where if I don't respond to emails by 5pm then I won't get paid. LOL! My one coworker responded she doesn't think its that far fetched considering this is the SECOND time an office procedure has been implemented and only directly effects me. I knew this wasn't a great place to work, but after working part time with no benefits I needed something salaried with benefits. I'm upset with myself that I haven't made more of an effort to find something else. Everything in me wanted to hit "Respond to All" and point out how this is directly hurting me and my baby and smack in the middle of pregnancy (with all the expenses already) I have to unexpectedly cough up $750 per month.
  • Ugh @ffw0617 not the kind of thing you need to be worrying about halfway through pregnancy. That’s a huge unexpected cost! So sorry.  :|

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ramblebee yes he has begged a couple to return (so I'm told, I haven't been here long enough to know anyone personally), but at the same time he does seems to run certain people away too. I'm almost certain that's what's going on here.
  • And the winner of tonight’s BMB lurking session.... April ‘18 everyone!!  :D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lisa2589 yaaaaas! Lol I was wondering if anything fun was happening out in BMB world.
  • @helenbz so glad you're ok after your accident!  So scary!  
    @amys614 I'm sorry you're dealing with so much!  (((hugs)))
    @harveyabbey77 Yay for first shift!  It'll be so nice to have him home in the evenings!  

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

• @ffw0617  Wow your boss sounds awful.  I'm so sorry you have to deal with that crap!  As if there isn't enough other stuff to think about now.  :(  BTW, thank you for recommending Amazon for dresses the other day!  I ordered 5.  4/5 came today and I really like one of them.  

@izza2 I'm SO happy your results came back normal!!  YAY!!  

And to all you Eagles fans.  Boo!!  haha!!  We don't watch a ton of football but I was certainly on the Vikings bandwagon the last few weeks.  The game was a huge disappointment/embarrassment; I guess I am a little glad it was a nail biter like last week!  

I have thoroughly enjoyed the last two snow days at home!  Back to work reality tomorrow...but just for three days.  :)  We ended up getting about 10 inches and lots of wind so we have some big drifts around!  

All are welcome!

• @PatientlyWaiting10 wow 5. You only like one?
  • @ffw0617 One was too small and too short, one was plain black, long sleeve T-shirt type material so too casual and DH actually said he hates it (LOL) even though I thought it was pretty comfy, and the other one just wasn't the right cut for my body shape/size.  I have one more coming Saturday that's long, black, and has cold shoulders.  It's pretty plain though.  DH said he doesn't think he'll like that one either.  haha  We shall see.  I was going to post photos in here but it's not working...They all have free returns so I plan to send the three I don't like back right away. 

All are welcome!