Lets hear em ladies 

Me: 28 | Husband: 39
Married March 2016
DD: born 7.22.16
DS EDD: 6.23.18
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Randomssss [Week of 1/22]

• Options
    So much randomness to catch up on: I stayed with my mom for 9 days while MH was out of town for work (that's why I was MIA). It was really fun and I got to hangout with my best friends I don't get to see very often...but it was a little long to be in one house with family, especially just having been there for Christmas.

MH got home Friday with the "flu" (I use quotes not because he wasn't really sick, but because he never went to the dr. to get an actual flu diagnosis). Whether he had the flu or just a really bad cold, he was miserable and I spent the weekend trying to keep DS away from him and sanatize everything he touched. I don't want either of us getting whatever bug he has :( I'm not normally super worried about the flu, but all the news coverage about how bad it is this year (while being pregnant and having a toddler) has me all kinds of paranoid. 

To add to the "fun" hubby is a government employee, so he had to go to work today to get instructions for the shutdown. The options are 1. he will be furloughed without pay until the shutdown is over or 2. deemed "essential" and have to work without pay. In the past, everyone was paid retroactively either way, but its not guaranteed. Not a huge deal...but kind of weird.  Anyone else or their partner affected by the shutdown?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @katelynrae86 @elsie42 I hope the shutdown doesn't last long and that YH's get paid! It's "interesting" (in quotes because I'm not sure it's exactly the right word) to hear how it actually affects real families because not having anyone that works in the government or in the military in my family or friends it doesn't really seem like a real thing. 

Also @elsie42 boo the Eagles! I'm not a Vikings fan but I live in Minneapolis and it would have been fun to have the home team in the Super Bowl. I'll also add that the Eagles and Patriots in a Super Bowl game is lame. There's no underdog. No skin in the game. Just two East Coast teams playing like usual. 

AFM...there was supposed to be a huge snow storm today. I think it's staying further south, @PatientlyWaiting10 do you have a snow day today? We haven't gotten a single flake yet. MH was hoping to use the snow as his excuse to not go into work when he really is just hungover and tired from drinking beer and watching football for 8 hours straight. 

Lastly, I dropped yogurt on my pants and it's Monday. Blah. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @katelynrae86 I'm sorry you're affected by the shutdown  :( fx that it doesn't last too long!

@elsie42 same for you, I hope your a/s is still on time!  Also.... YEAAAH EAGLES!!!  I was so worried because the Vikings got such an easy touchdown to start off and I was like greaaat the Eagles are about to be humilated.  But nope!  People are gonna be crazy around here for a while.  That's funny YH is a Pats fan.  Makes for some good ol' friendly competition!

@krashke I'd be giving MH a serious side eye if he hoped for a snow storm to come along  ;)   
  • Options
    @elsie42 Ugh, I didn't even think of all those extra inconveniences of being a military family and having the base stuff closed. I'm sorry. They better not mess with your doc appts or a/s!

Congrats to the Eagles - should be a fun Superbowl at your house  ;)

@krashke I totally get what you mean about the shutdown. Last time this happened (2013) was before MH started this job so while I remember hearing about it, it didn't seem "real". And ugh to spilling yogurt...that's an annoying way to start the week. 
  • Options
    helenbzhelenbz member
    edited January 2018
    Ditto on the government shut down :neutral: Hubby is Air Traffic Control. Those are not people you want worried about paying their bills. 

I was in a minor car accident yesterday and I’m fine, but pregnant and my first accident made for a very emotional experience. I’m going to call ob today to make sure I’m ok but I’m still feeling lots of movement and no pain. 

Stressful. 
  • Options
    Also jumping on the Eagles celebration.  DH is a Jets fan- so even he is cheering on the Eagles since he HATES the Pats.  I'm not allowed to buy Kraft products because he doesn't want to support them in anyway- not sure how well that will work once the kids are older and want the fun shaped mac and cheese.   DD has Jets clothes but no Eagles gear (it was a compromise I made when we were looking to have kids/ move to the Philly 'burbs to raise them).   My family is pushing for her to wear Eagles stuff for the Super Bowl and she was the only kid in her daycare class Friday not dressed up for the Eagles.  He is standing firm in his decision that she not wear Eagles stuff though- plans to dress her in Jets stuff and cheer for the Eagles, but I am leaning towards letting my parents buy her something Eagles for 1 day.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    Oh also re: the govt shut down, one of the guys yesterday was going on and on about how the govt shut down doesn’t do anything, isn’t a big deal for literally anyone, etc etc, and then DH mentioned how he can’t file anything with the SEC or FINRA or whatever while it’s shut down, and immediately the other guy changed his tune. I was rolling my eyes quite a lot during that convo. Like oh ok sure, doesn’t matter that real people aren’t getting paid, but god forbid we have to delay filings with the SEC for a few days. 
  • Options
    Ugh.  All this Eagles crap haha I live (maybe) 40 minutes from Philly, and alllll yesterday alllll over FB was Eagles, and today its allllll Eagles.  Plus DH is an Eagles fan.  I should be excited for everyone, but i'm just a bitter Packers fan haha Plus I hate that the Pats won.  Oy.  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @helenbz sorry to hear about your car accident. Glad you are okay, but that definitely is scary!

@harveyabbey77 that's crazy! Good for her, glad she and baby are healthy, but if I gave birth on Friday, I don't think I'd be bringing treats into work on Monday. haha!

@kfren that's a good disclaimer to make!  :#
  • Options
    @jsl82 good news for your Mac n cheese cravings, Robert Kraft/his family actually aren't associated with Kraft Foods at all. Totally separate companies. 

DH and I agreed that we'll let our kids be fans of both of our teams. I told him we can dress the baby in Eagles gear for one half and Pats for the other half when we play at the same time lol. 

@helenbz glad you are okay, accidents are the worst
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Options
    @helenbz sorry about your accident. Hope you feel better about it after some rest.

Im off all this week. My last day at precious job was Friday. I left a week in between my new start date so I can just lounge and relax. It feels glorious.
  • Options
    @helenbz def make sure you call your OB. Glad it was only a minor accident, though! 
  • Options
    Sorry to disappear for a few weeks. I get so busy sometimes that I don't have time to get on. Today is a snow day, so I'm here to catch up. I hope all of you ladies have been doing well. 
  • Options
    @katelynrae86 and @elsie42 I'm sorry your families are impacted by the shut down. Hopefully it is over soon. So crazy.

@catlady1215 Yay for your son getting chosen in the lottery. Always feels better to have a plan B in place, just in case.

@kmurdock925 Yay ramen!!

Oh, man - all the Eagles fans! When I was in Philly last week all the hotels were packed/sold out. I'm with @doxiemoxie212 that the Crisco on the light polls was hilarious!

@helenbz I hope you're feeling okay!

@harveyabbey77 Wow, that is very chill. I don't think I would have handled that situation as calmly as it sounds like she did.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 She was shockingly calm! And as it turns out, she was just making sure everything was settled for her maternity leave so she could go be back at the NICU with her little guy. But WOW! Talk about Monday excitement!

@katelynrae86 I totally agree. I would've phoned in and no one would've been getting treats until I was back from leave :)

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hey ladies. Miss you guys. Been MIA for a few days. Been struggling a bit over here. Been dealing with the issue some others seem to be struggling with too. Daddy going through some psychological issues. Not sure if it's extra baby stress, the winter blues or what. But he's one who isn't a fan of talking much and creates distance. In turn, I am hurt.

Been struggling with some anxiety myself this week. Not sure if it's the anatomy scan coming up or hormones. I struggled previously with panic attacks before I got pregnant. I had been taking a medication as needed for about a year, maybe twice per month for these. Since I got pregnant, I haven't had any issues with it and my medication isn't approved while pregnant. Haven't had any panic attacks yet, but have felt on the brink a few times over past week. 

Just been feeling slightly overwhelmed with emotion. Starting feeling a lot of movement  lately, which is one positive to the past week. 

I hope everyone is doing wonderfully and am hoping to get caught up tomorrow with the boards. 
  • Options
    @amys614 Sending hugs! 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @katelynrae86 @elsie42
    MH is military so we're affected too. I'm not working right now so we depend entirely on his income. 
  • Options
    The ob just called and I have bacterial vaginosis which sounds gross. I see them tomorrow so I'm hoping to get more info on how that happens etc
  • Options
    @amys614 Are you able to get some counseling maybe to help with the anxiety? There are also some great meditations on YouTube to help destress. I tried getting in with someone through my MHN a few months ago and was unsuccessful and I haven’t tried again so I can’t say I’m serving as a great example.

Just a funny side note my BFF said her therapist basically fired her because she felt she was fine on all fronts and didn’t need to see her any more. Doesn’t sound like a good therapist to me! Then again I never had a shortage of things to talk/cry about.
  • Options
    @elsie42 I just looked it up and told DH- so excited for Stove Top and Philadelphia Cream Cheese again!  He said we have to find something new to boycott now.

@helenbz that is so scary- hope everything is okay.

@amys614 sorry you are going through all that.  Hopefully you and your doctors can find something to help you during the rest of your pregnancy. 

@May14th2011 hopefully bacterial vaginosis is nothing too concerning... agreed it does sound gross though- but most medical terms do.  

And good luck to all of the government shutdown families.  Hopefully this is cleared up quickly for all of you.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    @amys614 just sending creepy internet hugs for you and DH.

@harveyabbey77 that's really exciting! to have that extra family time every day is going to be such a plus.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @helenbz So sorry. Being in accidents is scary even without being pregnant... I have been in several all where other people hit me while I was stopped at stop lights. You might feel jittery after, that is normal!

@amys614 I am sorry, the struggle is real and I hope you and YH find relief. I hope you keep feeling those movements too! I'm still waiting to feel mine.

@harveyabbey77 MH does shift work and was able to permanently get on first shift 6-2 too! Total game changer for us! He has a 1 hour commute so we wake up together early, I workout or do homework before work and he has dinner on the table when I get home for work every day! Loooove first shift!!
  • Options
    @ramblebee and @harveyabbey77 So jealous!!! My DH works Sat Sun all day (9-5) and MTW 4pm - 12 am.... it was okay when I was on mat leave with DD, but now she is 2 yo, and we have #2 on the way, I am hoping he gets his act together and gets a regular 9-5 M-F.... DD goes to full time day care, and I work a reg 9-5 so I would love to have us on similar shifts.... Hoping good shift news comes in 3s and my DH is next!!

Mama to a wonderful DD - Sep 2015, Wife to my DH since 2011, 2 dogs, a cat, and hoping to add No. 2 in May/June 2018. Canadian.
    5 - IUIs, 3 - IVF retrievals, 2- failed transfers (fresh, and frozen), PGS on second IVF resulted in 1 perfect emby, and DD. 
    3rd IVF w PGS resulted in 3! perfect embys. 1st transfer - Sep 2017 2 more on ice. 
  • Options
    @May14th2011 I had BV with my 1st pregnancy. Not a big deal. I think they just gave me antibiotics to clear it up.
  • Options
    @llamamama14 thanks! That's good to hear. 
  • Options
    @twelvetwosomeonenew so didn't want to clog up the June bugs page but your post on babies sex is friggin so cute! Congratulations on the boy!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Thank you @stephcat421 my husband and oldest son (12yo) are not picture takers, at all.... So that was our solution :) 
  • Options
    Holy earthquake in Alaska! @helenbz did you feel it?