May 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 1/1

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/1

• @sparklingdiamond big hugs. Rest up and FX for quick results with good news. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @cups4 omg yes. I am so excited to be back on Zoloft once the babies are here. It helps me a ton and it’s been very hard not having that to fall back on. My mind races at night and Zoloft definitely helps slow those thoughts down. It also helps with my mood swings during the day. Definitely miss it. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is totally not the same, but on the topic of people taking medicine-is anyone still taking Unisom?  After my first tri nausea ended, I decided to keep taking the Unisom because I felt like I was sleeping so much better with it.  I also started using a humidifier a few weeks ago, and every night now for the past few weeks I've been waking up at night thinking I can hear the girls screaming/crying or MH calling for me (he sleeps downstairs in the playroom for the sake of our marriage lol), and then can't fall back asleep because it makes me anxious and paranoid.  I can't decide if it's some weird reaction to the Unisom, or if the loud buzzing/humming sound from the humidifier is playing tricks on my ears, but it's starting to freak me out.  I'm going to try turning the humidifier off one night and not taking Unisom one night to see if either help, but I'm just curious if anyone else has had any similar experience with Unisom?  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @Poppy0419 they said it’d be fine to stay on it but it was just a personal decision I made. I was also on lamictal when we started TTC but I just didn’t want to be on any psych drugs in case I did get pregnant. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lincbeesmom totally understand that! Mine asked if I felt that I needed it. I considered going off of it but with everything going on I just couldn’t. 
  • Poppy0419 said:
    @lincbeesmom totally understand that! Mine asked if I felt that I needed it. I considered going off of it but with everything going on I just couldn’t. 
    Also my anxiety would probably make me blame the zoloft if anything went wrong with the  babies/pregnancy. 

Gotta love when our minds turn against us. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lincbeesmom but for real. With everything that I’ve had to take (vancomycin, Norco, Zoloft, Zofran, Diglecis, Phenergan, Dilaudid....) my anxiety is through the rough about something being wrong. It’s a vicious cycle. 
  • @sandbar517 I am still taking it. Sometimes I have vivid, realistic hallucinations (for lack of a better term) like that when on it. My dreams are much more vivid as well. 
  • Poppy0419 said:
    @lincbeesmom but for real. With everything that I’ve had to take (vancomycin, Norco, Zoloft, Zofran, Diglecis, Phenergan, Dilaudid....) my anxiety is through the rough about something being wrong. It’s a vicious cycle. 
    I can’t imagine. I freak out if I think I’ve been taking too many tums haha. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mileswithmyles Thanks!  I think I am going to give it a rest for a few days and see if it goes away.  And it's clearly not helping my sleep as of right now, anyway, so I guess I won't be missing out on that aspect of it.

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @sandbar517 I started taking unisom when I was pregnant with DD and I can’t sleep without it now. I definitely have weird dreams and hear things on it. But otherwise I won’t sleep at all. Especially when I’m the only one home because I’m scared I won’t hear DD if she cries (even though I know I will because Mom life). 
  • @poppy0419 So glad I'm not going crazy.  I was thinking it was a miracle drug because I was falling asleep so easily and had no trouble falling back to sleep after getting up to go to the bathroom or whatever, but it's seriously giving me like, almost anxiety attacks and freaking me out so bad at night, It's not helping me sleep anymore anyway.  I was reading some reviews online and a few people have said that if you take a little vacation away from it (anywhere from a few days to a week or so) sometimes it gets better, so I think I'm going to try that and see what happens.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @sandbar517 i didn’t take it while I was in the hospital and I will say it has gotten better. I’ve always had bad insomnia so it does help me. 
  • @sandbar517 I’m still taking it for morning sickness, and it does make me feel weird in the middle of the night. Maybe ask you Dr if you can try a low dose melatonin instead?
  • *warning, gross complaint*

I don't understand why I can't catch a break. I came home to dog shit everywhere and then once I had cleaned that up and cleaned the dog, then the dog vomits everywhere. It smells like shit so I'm pretty sure he at his shit. I'm ready to get rid of him.
  • @sparklingdiamond glad to hear the procedure is over and done with! Rest up and take care of yourself. 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• @suchaglencoco oh my word I would freak out about that too! I get that I'm still going to have to clean up poop and vomit with a kid but this dog is such high maintenance and I don't think we're a good home for him anymore. DH recently got a job a few months ago and now he has to stay in his cage most of the day and I honestly think he does this out of spite. I'm looking to rehome him but somewhere he would be comfortable like my mom who is retired with no animals or I'm contacting the person I got him from. We got him off craig's list 5 years ago from someone who couldn't keep him anymore and then she had contacted me again saying she was in a better situation.
  • @ivyvines6 I’m sorry, dear! I can relate, but so far have not found any be-all-end-all solutions. I know that, for me, eating better and working out help my anxiety, but’s that’s so hard when you don’t feel well! ... I also totally avoid any and all errands on weekends when things may be busy! I don’t like it either! 

@sparklingdiamond I’m glad you got it done! Rest up!! 
  • @charlestonchew that's too bad.
    I know our dogs are super spoiled that I'm most days with them, but when we're gone for a few hours, they definitely act out in small ways.
    And as bad as this sounds, once you have a kid them he dog poo and vomit bother you less. Brad used to gag when he'd have to clean up any dog messes in the house. Now he doesn't bat an eye.
  • @Poppy0419 my OB said it was absolutely fine to stay on it if I needed it, but that it may cause baby to be more cranky after they were born. I weaned off of it starting in May to see if I could, very slowly, always knowing I could go back if I needed. I know going through this I can make it till birth, but with my PPA last time I'm getting back on it ASAP to be a better mom and wife. Just a personal decision  <3<3<3
  • @cups4 super interesting! I’m going to do some research for sure. I just took my OB’s word and didn’t even think twice about it. I can totally see how it would make baby crankier. 
  • @molly1108-2 strep is seriously the worst! I had it eleven times when I was twelve and insurance refused to cover having my tonsils removed. (I haven’t had it since then, but it freaks me out when I get a sore throat of any kind)