July 2018 Moms
Options

Unpopular Opinion (UO) Thursday

13»

Re: Unpopular Opinion (UO) Thursday

• Options
    wildtot said:
    @wildtot sopes are my fave!!!! Do you use lettuce or cabbage? 
    Depends on how brave i am for the after math lol
    Bahahahahaha!!! Oh I totally understand that! Either way, they are worth it!!! Going to try to convince dh to make me a milenesa torta now.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @zombiehoohaa ah tortas are life! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @TheQuietThings, oh, I know. I used to help my mom to the bathroom...pretty scary stuff right there. Poor woman was counting the times she was passing stool because they would not let her fly until it was like 3 times per day. Most days it was 11! :(
  • Options
    I actually like Chipotle, but I don't consider it Mexican food, hehe. I do like it and I personally think it tastes fresh (minus the queso, that was a mistake)
  • Options
    @crystal321 whataburger <3 Grew up in Texas then moving to Louisiana we don’t have any!! 
    Luckily, my family is still in Texas so I get it occasionally. 
    Houston does have some nice authentic Mexican places!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kissableviv I couldn't go back to work until I had two clear stool samples, that had to be 1 week after release and then a week after that.

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• Options
    gspmom21 said:
    @crystal321 whataburger <3 Grew up in Texas then moving to Louisiana we don’t have any!! 
    Luckily, my family is still in Texas so I get it occasionally. 
    Houston does have some nice authentic Mexican places!
    Whataburger is so damn good, it's an obligatory stop when we visit my in laws!
  • Options
    @kissableviv just no comparison against other hamburger restaurants! 
    (I’ve never had a true in and out burger and I know those are pretty popular)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If you mean San Jose, CA, I used to live about an hour from there and there was an older woman I met that taught me how to make tortillas. Omg, still to this day, hers were the best I’ve ever had. @christycalifornia

I really need some Mexican food in my life. Going back to California in a month and I’m going to have my mom take me to all the sketchy taco stands. Not sketchy as in questionable food but sketchy as in, “I might get shot/robbed/stabbed if I stop in this part of town”, they always have the best tacos there. 
  • Options
    @hayhay93 Yup, San Jose, CA. 
  • Options
    I have to agree on the Chipotle thing. It isn't disgusting to me, but it isn't good to me either. And just because someone puts salsa on something or serves it wrapped up in a tortilla, doesn't make it Mexican food. I don't think there is much good Mexican food here in Portland, but thankfully we now live close to a super awesome place (top 50 in the US) so I don't have to settle for fake anymore!

And also, I'm so happy that I'm not alone in thinking not all babies are cute! I've always thought that and people have always thought that meant I hated kids. Not true! It's just that some babies are really not cute! One of my friends had a truly ugly baby, and I never knew what to say when she showed us pictures!

I actually have 2 UO this week.
    My first UO is Harry Potter. I don't get the appeal. At all. 10+ years DH and I used to judge adults on the metro reading the books (we're a lot older than most other moms in this group). And this is a really geeky household. I think I just have a bias against it because the book series came out when I was in highschool and my youngest sibling (6 years younger than me) was reading it. So it's always been "kids" books to me. All other geeky things are welcome in this house, we did a Nintendo reveal, nursery will be Zelda/Firefly/Doctor Who mashup, spent a good chunk of the weekend at a game store (puzzles and card games) and were planning to go to Comic-Con this year (which we've cancelled for the obvious reason). But DH and I just cannot do Harry Potter, and I know friends will give us baby things with Potter references which we just won't get.

My second UO, is we've decided there will be zero posting of pics of our baby on social media. We've already told our families this and will strictly enforce it. They will have to share pics the old fashioned way. I'm sure it will annoy some people, but they will have to live with it. A lot of this has to do with my work and how difficult/impossible it is to remove and control images once they are online, but also, I just don't want my kid's whole life there for some creep we don't even know to see.