July 2018 Moms
Options

Unpopular Opinion (UO) Thursday

Re: Unpopular Opinion (UO) Thursday

• Options
    I put sour cream on my pasta (when made with marinara sauce). I put sour cream on a lot of things actually and many people think it’s weird.
  • Options
    @wildtot I've never tried that, but it doesn't sound that bad! I've recently started liking sour cream and venturing out with trying it on new stuff. I don't like it by itself, or big chunks but if it's thoroughly mixed I like it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wildtot ooo I'll have to try that! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 @gspmom21 ever since DS marinara grosses me out but it’s the only sauce DH will eat so sour cream almost makes it look like vodka sauce. It’s also good with jalapeño chips as a dip. Like i said i put on a lot of things lol
  • Options
    I put cottage cheese on marinara sauce so sour cream doesn't sound too different from that!

• Options
    I used to put blue cheese dressing on my marinara, so I don’t think sour cream is weird at all. 
  • Options
    Apparently this is unpopular, at least with people I know, but I prefer rice over potatoes and actually don’t like potatoes much at all. I think they are bland and the texture is gross. 
  • Options
    Lol, well if you’ve got the real deal, why mess with it? I used to know a guy that put ketchup in his marinara sauce and it bothered me SO MUCH! Maybe it’s just because I don’t like ketchup though lol.

@devilcat139
  • Options
    I secretly hate sour cream unless it is in some sort of dip for potato chips like french onion or something. don't hate me I'm just a picky eater lol
  • Options
    christycalifornia I also don't think babies are cute right after they are born.  I know I am going to be pressured to post a photo as soon as this baby is born but I want to hold off as long as possible. 
  • Options
    @acunamatada that's pretty darn cute. My kid had cheeks too, I think I was doing some weird reverse-bonding thing with her, like if I thought she was cute I'd love her too much and my heart would burst from it. Looking back she was pretty cute, but I couldn't see it at the time. 

Just to clarify, I don't think ALL babies aren't cute. I just don't think they all are cute. :)
  • Options
    @Crystal321 oh my gosh, the baldness! My girl was born with over an inch of thick dark hair, and got terrible cradle cap after two months and getting it off made it mostly fell out! I was CRUSHED. 
  • Options
    acunamatada SAME. I will take Moes over chipotle ANYDAY. except now. because Mexican food makes me sick. which makes me sad. 
  • Options
    @Crystal321 I forgot about the baby acne, DS got that horrible peeling skin too but no cradle cap thankfully. 
  • Options
    @Wildtot Mmm! Sour cream goes great with salsa, so it makes sense with marinara to me! And omg, my favorite guilty pleasure is Sour cream onion-soup-mix dip with jalapeno kettle chips!

My mom would always add small chunks of Velveeta throughout an otherwise traditional lasagna. Maybe it's because I grew up with it, but finding the little melty pockets of golden cheesy goodness was like hitting a delicious jackpot! However, my 100% Italian Brother-in-law sees it as an abomination and won't eat it because it repulses him! Lol
  • Options

@christycalifornia totally agree! 80% of babies are adorable, but some just are NOT. My niece, cutest little girl now, wasn't very cute as a little baby.

@crystal321 FTM but my cousin's baby was bald for 3 years!! I hope that doesn't happen.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I hate green peas haha always have always will. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options

omg the baldness! DS lost all his hair up top but still had a ring of long hair level with his ears. his hair pattern was awful for the first year of his life.

@babybakie DH's cousin made lasagna with velveta a few years ago and to this day his family still talks about how appalling it was. It didn't really bother me but you could throw any combination of meat, cheese, and pasta together and I would be happy.  

• Options
    My OU - I hate snow! I wish I could move away from it!!
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • Options
    @amylu914  I can't believe someone else makes it like that! Funny to hear its considered a big fail by others too, but I'm with you, I approve of almost any cheese-meat-pasta combo! 

@christycalifornia that is so Funny! When my nephew was born, he was 11 lbs, swollen, with a crazy head of long thick black hair and dark peach fuzz that covered his whole face! Everyone called him a sumu wrestler. My poor sister cried and asked the nurse if they were sure they gave her the right baby! Luckily within a month or two he became gorgous.  
  • Options
    @wildtot I put sour cream and avocado on hot dogs. So delicious. 

@christycalifornia I agree with you, not all babies are cute, some never get cute. My new neice looks like an old man, a bug eyed old man. Fingers crossed she gets cute soon. 

Duke Winter 10/11/12
    Baby Duex 05/20/15

NYC Momma 

"My stroller is my SUV"
  • Options
    @wildtot It actually sounds pretty good! I pour salsa over cream cheese, so the tomatoey cheesey combo sounds delightful! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    BrittG13BrittG13 member
    edited December 2017
    Samesies on the baby thing. I struggle to come up with other adjectives like precious or sweet...I had one friend who had a different looking baby at the same time I had another friend who had the most gorgeous little girls in all the land (still does, it's unreal) The kind where every photo you gasp..often times their photos would be right on top of one another in my Facebook feed and it was hard to not completely gush over the one so as not to offend.

ETA: words 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @christycalifornia some newborn babies look like hairy potatoes. But there are some cute ones out there.
  • Options
    Not sure if this is an UO or not... I hate roller coasters. They aren’t fun to me...they just feel like torture. I’m thrilled to be pregnant and have an excuse not to ride them  :)

@christycalifornia I agree on the not all babies are cute thing! They just look strange sometimes. 

@lindsayleigh1989 that was the food I hated the most as a child! But my mom always made them and put them on my plate  :s Now I don’t really mind them in something but I wouldn’t eat them by themselves. 
  • Options
    I refuse to give DS McDonald’s. I rarely buy any and if i do it’s usually super last resort or strong craving for fries. 
  • Options
    @christycalifornia totally agree! I feel like I’ll know if the babies aren’t cute but maybe you get mom blinders. There are some babies on my social media feeds that are just like big gremlins...

@lindsayleigh1989 peas are still my #1 least favorite food. Can’t even smell them (non pregnancy related)
  • Options
    wildtot said:
    I put sour cream on my pasta (when made with marinara sauce). I put sour cream on a lot of things actually and many people think it’s weird.
    Have you ever put it on just plain rice? I may have done that once while I was hungover and it was delicious and now I want that. Lol
  • Options

hayhay93 said:
    Apparently this is unpopular, at least with people I know, but I prefer rice over potatoes and actually don’t like potatoes much at all. I think they are bland and the texture is gross. 

***i got stuck in the box!! I never liked potatoes growing up, and now DS will have nothing to do with them. He eats everything (and I mean everything) but hates mashed potatoes and baked potatoes! I like them a lot more than normal while pregnant this time. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro yes! I like putting it on mexican rice too. I put on tamales too.
  • Options
    Being in a few different pregnancy groups and having been talking to friends today, apparently my UO is that I LOVE feeling baby kick!! It never kept me up at night or was ever really uncomfortable (I guess except weeks 38-40+5 when he was literally in my ribs). Super bummed about having an anterior placenta and having to wait to feel him kick. I was looking forward to maybe feeling him sooner!
  • Options
    @wildtot oh for sure!! That goes without saying!! I am a fan of sour cream. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro I love feeling baby kick. Sometimes the turns and twists towards the end hurt but I love the movement. 

Also all you chipotle haters and Moe's lovers...Qdoba! Qdoba is the best. Where I live the closest CHipotle is an hour, and we don't have, as far as I know, a single Qdoba or Moe's in the entire state. THere is a Moe's across teh border in NH but I don't venture in bc I don't remember being a fan.