July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 12/26

124»

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/26

• Options
    @nimmie that is so incredibly awesome!! I'm adopted with no known history but found a bio 1st cousin through my dna on ancestry.com. unfortunately I learned my suspected biofather was estranged from his family and passed away, so I hit a dead end there. Maybe I'll try 23andme too! 
  • Options
    Sorry for dumping some bad news here. My coworker was diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer. She has two twin boys aged 6 months...I'm so devastated. I just met her for the first time a few weeks ago. It's just so unfair, I can't wrap my head around how fleeting life is. Hoping she can get through it with the right treatment.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    moguippy said:
    @nimmle  that is so crazy! are you going to meet?
    I was going to say exactly this, so I'll just quote. :D
  • Options
    @kissableviv oh my gosh, that sucks. I hope treatment will take, too. <3
  • Options
    @kissableviv that is just so devastating. I am sorry. 
  • Options
    @kissableviv i am so sorry to hear this. Wishing her all the best.
  • Options
    @kissableviv I am sorry to hear that. Hopefully with all of the new treatments there are they can help! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @kissableviv so sorry to hear that. Similar thing happened to me last month with a coworker diagnosed with stage IV ovarian cancer and has a little girl. Being a pharma company we are all generally well aware of the prognosis of different cancers and this is a particularly bad one so we are expecting the worst while hoping for the best. While late stage breast cancer generally does not have great 5 yr survival rates compared to earlier breast cancer, there are many many lines of therapy to try in breast cancer so hopefully one works for your friend. Wishing her the best! 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate the support as I rant. F cancer!
  • Options
    @flockofmoosen3 that is amazing! SO jealous. We are also targeting cc debt and will have made a huge dent by February, but that is comign before student loans.

@Crystal321 that is crazy! I hope it heals well!

@kissableviv I am so sorry to hear about that! I hope that the treatment goes well for her.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate the support as I rant. F cancer!
    F cancer for real. Prayers for your co-worker!
  • Options
    My a$$hole dog just woke myself and DS up from our nap. So, DS came and laid by me and fell back to sleep and I can’t. Ugh. 
  • Options
    @nimmle, that is amazing!

@kissableviv, I’m sorry to hear that. My hubby just learned that a coworker of his has stage IV cancer (he isn’t sure what kind). She’s a marathoner and everyone is hoping she pulls through somehow. 
  • Options
    @kissableviv My mother was diagnosed with very aggressive BC 3 years ago - and thankfully with an aggressive treatment & early-enough catch she’s doing amazing. I hope your coworker has the same luck.

@Crystal321 That’s truly shitty RE your infection; I could totally have seen myself doing the same with the PIO. I hope it heals fast and well.
  • Options
    @kissableviv that sucks I’m so sorry!

@nimmle that’s so awesome!! My mom gave a baby up for adoption when she was really young and we recently connected with her. It’s such a crazy surreal experience! And totally weird seeing the resemblances. 
  • Options
    I did blood work for the panorama tests yesterday and had an appointment with my OB today. I got a surprise ultrasound because at the first US I was measuring 5 days behind my LP date. Baby looked great, on track with the LMP due date and bouncing around everywhere. I was so happy!

BUT...... then my Dr. says he sees a septum in my uterus which he doesn't recall being noted during my last pregnancy. I had a lot of ultrasounds last time to monitor fibroids and a septum was never seen. Dr. isn't worried and made a note for when I have my NT scan at an ultrasound clinic with advanced US equipment. I however am nervous! Like wtf uterus? You just grew a septum?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I'm not familiar with what that means. Are you and the baby going to be okay?
  • Options
    @runsomewhere hope your uterus gets its act together lol. Mama ain’t got time for a septum! Wait— is that just like your Ute is heart shaped now? 
  • Options
    @christycaliforniait's basically a wall in your uterus, in serious cases it divides it in two and can be a risk factor for pregnancy loss. My Dr. is not concerned as baby looked great and I had an easy prior pregnancy, also their equipment isn't super advanced so we won't know the details till the NT scan. It's just weird that it could be a new thing, usually it's something that's there since birth.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @hillbillywife lol I know right?! Come o uterus quit growing things other than a healthy baby! I'm not sure where in it the septum is or how long it is but it could be something like that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere got it. Thanks for the lesson! I'll be praying, then, that it stays all good. 
  • Options
    @babybakie That's cool you found a 1st cousin. I'm sorry you didn't learn too much about your biofather though. I would try 23andme, apparently amazon sold something like 1.5 million kits just on black friday alone. So a lot of people are going on there.

@kissableviv I'm so sorry about your coworker. Its really difficult to watch someone you know go through this. I hope her treatment takes.

@hillbillywife That is so cool that you connected with her! We have a situation like that in my family where my Great Aunt gave a baby up for adoption. We found him on 23andme, but my Grandmother swore us to secrecy that we wouldn't tell the rest of the family  :#
  • Options
    @nimmle wow, 23andme sounds like a good one. I'll have to check it out. Adoption was a very taboo subject for the older generations. I was born/adopted in the 70's and I heard my birth mother was sent away to carry out her pregnancy in secret. I bet it was similar for your Great Aunt. May I ask, is your Great Aunt living?
  • Options
    @babybakie Wow, that's crazy. My Great Aunt passed years ago, but she made my grandmother promise that her kids would never find out. So because of that I'm not allowed to tell my cousin that she has a half-uncle out there unless they happen to take it. Seriously considering gifting her with 23andme as a wedding gift, lol.
  • Options
    Great daddy’s sick, mommy’s sick, and now DS went from a cold to hand foot and mouth.