July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 12/26

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/26

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 ugh I'm sorry did you land on your tailbone? That's the worst pain!!!
  • Options
    so just discovered that there is a private board dedicated to talk s#%& about other boards and by the looks of it many "moderators" are banded...pretty ironic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @amylu914 thankfully not!! more the side and low back on my right. 

@wildtot I am guessing it is old? I don't believe you can post anything at all once you are banned? 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 not sure but not joining anyways i got nothing to complain about haha 

well just me here at 230 am trying to fix the stupid WiFi because i can’t sleep but i can’t adjust the thermostat or look into DS because yeah it’s all dependent on WiFi. 
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 @wildtot I remember seeing that group while I was pregnant with DS, he’ll be 2 in February. So I think it’s old. 
  • Options
    Oh and I have a question!
    We’re going to Disney World in 2 weeks. Do I have to worry about  mosquitoes/Zika? My friend is also pregnant and we’re going as a group, and she’s really concerned and I’m just not... Any ladies who live in FL, what are you doing to prevent bug bites? 

Also, any tips about going to Disney pregnant would be great!! I’ve never been, and I feel like any ride DS (about 35 inches) can go on, I would probably be safe to go on too? 
  • Options
    Just jumping in here after a few weeks' hiatus. I was feeling sooo sick and tired and overwhelmed and out of it the past few weeks. I think I am finally coming out of my funk and feeling up to posting again. Lots to catch up on. I hope everyone had a great holiday! 

My random is that I am going to tell my coworkers today about the pregnancy (already told my boss last week since she is on vacation this week), and I just don't want to. At all. My office manager has been asking me if I'm pregnant for weeks, which is so obnoxious, and I have been lying and saying no. I don't want to give her the satisfaction of knowing she was right. But I have to tell them eventually and am sick of trying to hide my growing stomach. 

@paytonpedro Orlando is safe for Zika according to CDC. Actually I'm pretty sure even Miami and the Keys is fine right now according to their map, though I personally am leaning towards not risking it. I looked into it recently because we were considering visiting family in Miami. I would feel safe going to Orlando now though.  You can probably go on Its a Small World, Haunted Mansion, and lots of kiddie rides. I think they tell you which ones are not appropriate for expecting mothers. Have fun at Disney!!
  • Options
    @wildtot, if you want juicy or wtf reads, I'm sure there's more around but in my old bmb May14 there's a thread on the first page called something like what's going on in other boards. We used to find crazy threads on other bmbs and groups and share them there. Some are hard to follow if members had been deleted so were their comments (many were back then), but you may enjoy some of the drama found there.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 I’m sorry you fell! I hope you get some relief soon! I fell once years ago and landed in the middle of one of my butt cheeks. My whole butt was BLACK, and now I have a permanent crease in my butt cheek because of it. It’s so cute lol. Hopefully yours isn’t that bad!
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 Yikes! I'm sorry you fell, hope it doesn't take too long to feel better.

@paytonpedro I think Orlando is fine. I went there in September while we were trying and didn't even get bit by mosquitos. They have such insane mosquito control there. Also it should be a lot cooler there now and not much to worry about. Have so much fun! I'm totally jealous.

@craddockwifey313 Ugh the stomach issues are real! I've definitely been feeling it the past couple of days. Lots of extra trips to the facilities. Yikes.

AFM So happy the boss is not in today. Gives me one day of peace before she's back tomorrow. And then it's only for a day and a half before break for the new year. woo!
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 sorry about the fall, hoping you are feeling okay
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989, sorry to hear you fell! Here’s hoping the pain subsides soon!
  • Options
    @paytonpedro I was in Tampa at around 7 weeks and another friend at the wedding I attended was 24 weeks, that area was fine and I hear so is Orlando. Like @zande2016 said (welcome back btw!) Miami could be a bit risky but Orlando is a go! If you Google "Disneyland rides while pregnant" you'll find several websites with the full list. My husband and I went to Disneyland here in California right before we got married even though we were so busy because I said "I won't be able to do Space Mountain while pregnant". My friend laughed at me and said I was crazy, and a month later I got my BFP :)
  • Options
    @wildtot, if you want juicy or wtf reads, I'm sure there's more around but in my old bmb May14 there's a thread on the first page called something like what's going on in other boards. We used to find crazy threads on other bmbs and groups and share them there. Some are hard to follow if members had been deleted so were their comments (many were back then), but you may enjoy some of the drama found there.
    Hey, I’m a may 14 alum too!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @paytonpedro we have had a trip planned to Ft Lauderdale in February. I asked my OB abour Zika since it's closer to Miami but she said she was not concerned at all. You should be good in Orlando!
  • Options
    @acunamatada that is awesome and crazy!!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Feel like hell today but the bruise is epic! 

• Options
    @acunamatada freaky! And cool!
  • Options
    @julesf817 did u make the jump to TCF and come back here, or...? I didn't want to follow them when they made their second exodus over the spring/summer so I'm back here. With two moves the old community really died. I think there is another person here from May14 too but I forgot who.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @acunamatada Audibly laughed at this one. My coworkers looked at me like I'm nuts.
  • Options
    amylu914amylu914 member
    edited December 2017
    OMG @acunamatada that is crazy!!!
  • Options
    @acunamatada crazy! I thought I was seeing things when i had the same thing a few days ago!
  • Options
    @amylu914 and @djh513 I don't have an instant pot, but I've been seeing a lot of stuff on Serious Eats lately about them. 

• Options
    Thank you everyone for reminding me about Zika! We never hear about it anymore up north! My dh works flying from Miami to South America, luckily we haven’t had actual sex since he started the job as he’s been away, but it’s a good reminder to ask my OB about proper protocol! 
    I am planning on going to Puerto Vallarta in February! I know the Zika case is very very mild there, so I won’t let it stop me from babymooning. However I will be bathing in mosquito repellant! Our condo really is sprayed well and I have never actually been stung by a mosquito there... but it is a good reminder just the same! Stupid Zika! 
  • Options
    @celainev oh, good to know about PV. I'm looking for babymooning places as well, and Hawaii is just not great in terms of weather when I want to go. PV would be affordable and close by for us. We might go to Europe to visit my family though, so not sure if we'll be able to do that plus a tropical baby moon ;)
  • Options
    super random but does anyone else play HQ live trivia? my family just introduced me to it this weekend and now twice a day im addicted to it haha 

• Options
    Woah @acunamatada that’s crazy!
  • Options
    I've always thought the 2nd tri started at 13 weeks, now I'm seeing on TB it says "last week in the 1st tri!" for 13 weeks.
    Oh well, lol- 13 weeks on Thursday- 2nd tri in my book! 
    I was having this same confusion. Whatevs, it's good to be this close--I am 13 weeks today too!  Also super excited that I made it through first tri and food aversion land and only gained 4 lbs eating mostly crap.  Happy to get healthy eating back on track and hopefully stick to my goal of not gaining too much weight this time around.  I learned that lesson the hard way with my 5 year old and still have about 15-20 lbs to prove it. lol. 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    @celainev oh, good to know about PV. I'm looking for babymooning places as well, and Hawaii is just not great in terms of weather when I want to go. PV would be affordable and close by for us. We might go to Europe to visit my family though, so not sure if we'll be able to do that plus a tropical baby moon ;)
    As far as I know, there’s been no cases in the Banderas Bay Area. I choose to not live my life in fear, but still take precautions. Zika is highly publicized but fortunately it is still quite rare to actually be infected with it almost everywhere in the world. I mean, there are many viruses out there, doesn’t mean I won’t travel! 
    Europe would be fun! But I don’t think I’d go when pregnant... I’d rather relax on a beach and in Europe I love taking tours and going hiking! 
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 omg HQ live trivia is SO fun, but I just try to help by shouting out the answers I'm sure I know when my step kids are playing. I have an android.  I think they told me it was iPhone only.  
  • Options
    @babybakie I just found out it's android only hope they expand it soon but yes so so fun!!!

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 @babybakie I'm obsessed with trivia games so I just looked for it in the google play store (android) and it says coming soon. 
  • Options
    Nearly had a heart attack as i was watching DS cry as we put him down for a nap only to see him half way off the siding. It’s at its lowest already. Guess it’s time for toddler bed :scream:
  • Options
    @amylu914 awesome!! it is the best! 

• Options
    @wildtot that is my biggest fear! 

• Options
    been mostly lurking but I want to change that!

amylu914 I also got an Instant Pot! I'm a terrible cook so if you try any recipes that are any good let me know lol

lindsayleigh1989 I fell on Christmas in my brother's steep icy driveway. Walked away with a sliced hand and a bruised left butt cheek but actually not too bad, was not happy when it happened though! then I had to sit in the car with wet pants for an hour. boo.  glad to hear you aren't too banged up either

paytonpedro my husband actually went on a mission trip to Nicaragua for a week in July. He loaded up on military grade bug spray and claims he didn't think he got bitten. we were going to wait the 8 weeks to 6 months waiting period but we only waited 5 weeks. we had been trying for over a year and didn't want to waste time. I got a blood/urine test for zika a few weeks ago and I don't have zika.  So if you get worried, there is a test to rule it out.  We are also going to Disney and maybe Tampa in February and I totally forgot I have to worry about zika again. ugh 

• Options
    Thank you veryone for the reassurance!! I wasn’t overly concerned and honestly didn’t even think about it until my friend brought it up! 

@acunamatada my stomach looked the same way this morning!!! I remember noticing it around 17/18 weeks last go around and I remember thinking that was what side the baby was on! At that point I felt him kicking and knew for sure though!
  • Options
    Work is so sloooooow so I am lurking D17 for birth stories. Other than the birth stories, their board is pretty dead. I am sure it is because of the newborn haze but I am really hoping that doesn't happen to us! I need to be able to talk to you all during the late night feedings!
  • Options
    @celainev yes, that is why I'm hesitant, I want relaxation, although depending on when we go I could work from my parents' house for a week - that would take care of me seeing everyone and hang out- and then we could find somewhere with good weather and a beach to relax for a week! Or maybe we'll do both Europe and Mexico and be broke, lol, a girl can dream!

@acunamatada just saw your picture, wow, our bodies are surely full of surprises!