Infertility

January 2018 IVF

Re: January 2018 IVF

• @kiwi2628 Awe so sorry you landed here with us, but we are happy to have you! My clinic's lab's are closed during the holiday, so wasn't able to start anything this cycle either. So frustrating, but in hindsight, at least we can enjoy the holiday cheer without any stress. <3 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• efavell02efavell02 member
    edited December 2017
    @J1006 @hoffmanr7 sounds like our schedules are similar! I have my baseline and start stims january 2nd with followup us on the 6th!
    me: 30   dh: 31
    dx: unexplained
    TTC since May 2016
    MC November 2016
    Summer 2017, started IUI
    IUI #1 - natural, BFN
    IUI #2 - clomid + trigger, BFN
    IUI #3 - femara + trigger, BFN
    IUI #4-6 - femara + follistim, BFN
    IVF #1 January 2018: 11 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 1 transferred day 5, 1 frozen embryo
    5dt Jan. 18, BFP 9dpt, EDD 10/6/18

• Loading the player...
  • sparkle0404sparkle0404 member
    edited December 2017
    Thank you @marfi236 @kristimh @J1006 @Bababatty!!!

Aunt Flo is here.. whoop whoop 
  • hoffmanr7hoffmanr7 member
    edited December 2017
    @J1006 How exciting! My pharmacy included Hershey kisses too! So nice. I ate them all that night

Anyone else taking Lupron or has been on it in the past? Did you notice any difference in breast size while on it?

Mine got bigger since being on BC. One day I noticed they were bigger, but that was earlier on and they hadn't seemed to get any bigger since.

Now, 2 doses in to my Lupron and they seem bigger again....and again it seems to have happened overnight. I was laying on my stomach watching Netflix. When I sat up they were super sore and I noticed they felt significantly heavier. I did read breast swelling was a possible side effect but would it really occur just after 2 doses???? If they get any bigger I'm going to have to buy all new bras for sure....and then I'll be pissed.
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Sorry @hoffmanr7 I’m not on Lupron. They will put me on Ganirelix once my lead follicles reach 14 mm. I would be so pissed about buying new bras too!! Sorry the meds are doing weird things so soon in to the process :(
    TTC since May 2016
    MC November 2016
    Summer 2017, started IUI
    IUI #1 - natural, BFN
    IVF #1 January 2018: 11 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 1 transferred day 5, 1 frozen embryo

• @efavell02 @J1006 and @hoffmanr7 I start with you guys too! BC until the 2nd and start stims on the 2nd assuming baseline is normal!
  • @hoffmanr7. I start my Lupron tomorrow so not sure yet. From the birth control I’m on now they HURT. It feels like I did about a million push ups which I did not haha. Hopefully if it is a side effect it goes away. That would be super annoying to have to buy new bras from side effects. 
  • Hi all, 
    I think I’m safe to join the board, now! Don’t quite feel like it’s real, yet, but I’m sure I’ll get there soon. Tentatively starting stims 12/30, injection class tomorrow. Eek! 

A few questions, if I may. It sounds like many of you have already ordered meds. No one has talked to me about that yet...should I start pushing that? Also, can someone talk to me about exercise and IVF? It’s my destressor and my side job so I want to be prepared if I need to make some changes. 

Hope your weeks are off to a great start! 
  • @halfanewt Welcome!! They should give you a prescription or will send your RX to a pharmacy to fill on your behalf. You should definitely ask tomorrow at stim class. Luckily, most companies ship overnight or within a day. I was told no strenuous exercising during the process. I'm sure you could get away with doing arm and leg weights, just nothing that will affect your core like abs workouts or running, etc. :) 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @halfanewt I have to agree with @kristimh80 on the exercises.  With the stims there is the risk of OHHS and as my RE explained to me high impact exercises or anything that is a lot of bending or twisting should be avoided because of the increased risk of ovarian torsion due to how enlarged your ovaries can become.  I was told no running or core type exercises, and advised against any type of yoga poses that require bending/twisting.  Low impact stuff like walking is encouraged.  I would think some light free weight training would be ok too but you should definitely consult with your RE as to what specifically you should avoid.
    Unexplained Infertility

• @halfanewt welcome! I was given the same advice as the other ladies about exercising.
    TTC since May 2016
    MC November 2016
    Summer 2017, started IUI
    IUI #1 - natural, BFN

• @halfanewt Ditto on the exercise. My last cycle I was allowed to exercise for the first 3-4 days of the cycle, but once I started stims, that was it. 
  • *lurker* @hoffmanr7 Yes, I can tell you that your boobs may be in for a wild ride during IVF. I've gone up 2-3 cup sizes and at times it did seem like they exploded overnight. It can be a normal "side effect" from all this medication. I'm rooting for all you ladies!
    Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • @Bababatty @efavell02 @kristimh80 @hoffmanr7

Thanks for the welcome and the advice! I’ll definitely be asking them to define what exercise is/isn’t allowed. I guess if I won’t feel like doing it anyway, it won’t be such a big deal, but I hate being told no :neutral:

@J1006 @hoffmanr7 I hope you don’t have to buy new bras from side effects! If you do, though, I hope you can at least splurge on pretty ones! 
  • @AlohaKumu Thanks for the input.  They are feeling less sore today so we will see what happens.  So far they are still fitting in the bras......but just.
    Unexplained Infertility

• I talked with the billing person at my clinic this morning about IVF rates--since last time we did a special program (that we're not eligible for this time if we want to do a freeze-all) so I never knew the "true" cost--and just about fell out of my chair.  We're definitely leaning far away from the PGS testing, simply because we could probably do failed transfers of all of our embryos and still come out ahead financially (if not emotionally).  We're still thinking freeze-all anyway because I think it's easier on my body, based on past experience.  But we'll see.  Anyway, I'm attempting to negotiate with the clinic because they're saying I have to pay entirely OOP (with their "discounted rate"), but I know my insurance will cover the monitoring because they did so for our last IVF and last FET.  So I'm curious what the rate would be if I insisted they bill my insurance for the things I know it will cover.  On the plus side, my insurance confirmed today that they will cover the medications, so that's one less cost.  
  • @kiwi2628 are they going to have you start stims the day you stop BCPs even if you didn't get your period yet?  I'm not as familiar with how that works but I know I counted cd1 as the day of my period even if it was super light for only a week or 2 of BCPs

@kristokekerooni so i got a call back from the pharmacy about meds. I am all OOP for meds but they will cover the Lupron since its not considered a fertility med.  The quote I got was $3500.  I was kind of shocked to be honest since i was expecting atleast $6k.  They said they enrolled me into discount programs (probably like compassionate care).  It's for low dose hcg trigger, noveral, cetrocide, and gonal f.  I know you called for prices does this sound good to you?  It’s only for ER not for FET. Our protocols seem somewhat similar.  I know you're also doing a natural start so they having you wait to start the Lupron until your cycle starts?

• kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited December 2017
    @Bababatty Best of luck to you!!! I know I about fell out of my chair the day the pharmacy called saying RX would be $4700, so that's wonderful that insurance will cover yours! We have to do PGS testing, my dr requires it if over 35  :/ If this doesn't work out, then I may look into getting a "fun job" with a company that covers IVF stuff...prices are ridiculous to say the least.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @beachbunnyxo123 , I actually don't have any calendar yet, so I have no idea what the plan is, I just have a med list. I know the bulk of my expense came from menopur and follistim (as opposed to your gonal F) I was quoted by my pharmacy 6K, but cornerstone brought it down to about 3K. have you checked cornerstone yet? (Now I am second guessing... maybe it was freedom). With cornerstone, they took all my meds, PLUS all the ones my insurance covered, took off the insurance coverage, and it was still 3K. So I assume since you have much cheaper meds to start with, you can do better elsewhere. I also recommend checking with MDRX, which was the second cheapest I have found, outside of using international pharmacies, which if that's an option, I'd go with them. 

Also sending you a PM. 
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• @beachbunnyxo123 nope. So I stop BCP on the 29th, I go in for BW and an ultrasound on the 31st and I will start the microcode lupron on the 2nd, with stims on the 3rd (assuming my BW and u/s on the 31st are normal). Sooooo...whatever that is, lol.

AFM- as kind of stated above, I got my prelim calendar and doses! I started BC last night, I will be on it until the 29th (so 12 days total) and then I have BW and an u/s on the 31st. Assuming thats all normal, I start 20 microunits of MD lupron on the 2nd, and stims (300 gonal-F and 150 menopur) on the 3rd with a hopeful ER between the 10th and 12th
  • @kiwi2628 Yay!! It's almost time for the big-time meds to start! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Do any of your REs have you take the BCP vaginally? I find it so strange! I called my RE today to find out when ER would be if I start stims 1/12 b/c I'm a lawyer and am scheduled 3 months out for hearings & it just occurred to me today that this could be a huge problem. Lucky!! My schedule is wide open the 3 potential days 1/24-1/26. Anyway she mentioned that I would take BCP orally while bleeding & then switch to vaginally.
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • *TW- Also I just saw on the news that a 26 yrs old woman gave birth to a daughter using a donated embryo that was frozen in 1992! 
    TTC since May 2013
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • @lablover78 I saw that on the news too. I find that stuff really cool! 

As for the BCP, that’s kind of strange. I’ve never heard that before. Did your RE say why?
  • @lablover78 that's a new one for me too on the BCP.  Odd.
    Unexplained Infertility

• kiwi2628kiwi2628 member
    edited December 2017
    @lablover78 I have never heard of vaginally. Also, just a word of caution, try not to bank too much on having it be in that 3 day window. It easily could, but on average people stim for 10-12 days, but I know someone who stim'd for only 7 days (and that was her 3rd IVF, on her first 2 she stim'd for 12 and 13 days), and last cycle for me they guessed I would stim for 9 days, and on stim day 11 I not only hadn't triggered, but they canceled my cycle. Just saying, be prepared for things to not go as planned, but hope they do.
  • Thank you! I guess its good for me to know that. I looked up vaginal use of BCP and some of the articles I read seem to state that your levels rise more gradually when taken that way so maybe bags why but given everyone else's responses I am going to ask. My RE is one of those renegades that does his own research and does not just fall in line with typical protocol unless he is certain it's right for that particular patient so I'm not terrible surprised though... 
    TTC since May 2013
  • Ugh sorry mobile is the worst and I always have typos
    TTC since May 2013
  • Hello ladies,

Just a quick update started by BCP and antibotic called Doxycycline Hyclate today. Me and DH both have to take the antibiotic twice a day for ten days. DR start date is set for 1/8..

Hope all is well for eveyone!!!
  • Is anyone else not taking BCP before starting their cycle?  Maybe I'm just the weird one who's not taking it?
    Infertility Journey (in spoiler because it's way too long and child/loss mentioned)
    Married: 08/09/2013; TTC #2
    Me: 31, possible PCOS and Septate Uterus (Septum removed in November 2017)
    DH: 31, MFI (Low Count and Low Motility)
    July 2017 - IUI #1 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    August 2017 - IUI #2 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    September 2017 - IUI #3 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    November 2017 - Uterine Septum removed
    December 2017 - IVF Consultation
    January 2018 - IVF #1 - Retrieval 1/24 - 2 Day 3 embryos (1 transferred fresh, 1 frozen) and 2 Day 5 embryos frozen
    February 2018 - Fresh Transfer - Transfer 1/27 (1 day 3 embryo) - BFN
    March 2018 - FET #1 - Transfer 3/2 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP!  1st beta (10dp5dt) - 101; 2nd beta (17dp5dt) - 3061! Due 11/18/2018
    March 2018 - Remaining embryos lost in malfunction.

October 8, 2018 - Son born at 34 weeks and a day due to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.  Spent 13 days in the NICU.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

June 2019 - IVF #2 - Cancelled - Cyst on Ovary
    July 2019 - IVF #2 Take 2 - Retrieval 8/1 - 5 Day 5 embryos frozen
    August 2019 - FET #1 - Cancelled - No Trilaminar Lining
    September 2019 - FET #1 - Transfer 9/25 (1 day 5 embryo) - Chemical Pregnancy - 1st beta (9dp5dt): 110; 2nd beta (14dp5dt): 357; 3rd beta (16dp5dt): 188; 4th beta (23dp5dt): 7
    November 2019 - FET #2 - Transfer 11/6 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFN
    December 2019 - FET #3 - Transfer 12/11 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP! - 1st beta (8dp5dt): 102; 2nd beta (15dp5dt): 2636! Due 08/28/2020

August 13, 2020 - Son born at 37 weeks an 6 days due to failed BPP (Gestational Diabetes).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @marfi236 No...I think you're the lucky one not having to take it! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @marfi236 you are lucky! I do terrible on BCP- like vomit them up terrible- and asked if we could avoid it but because my RE has predetermined days where plans to do ER I'd only be so lucky if my cycle perfectly lines up 
    TTC since May 2013
  • @marfi236 No, my clinic doesn’t do it either. I think a lot of clinics do it because it can help them schedule patients by regulating cycles. 

AFM I heard back from my clinic and they will let us bill my insurance for monitoring, but only because I pushed. That actually annoys me quite a bit; like are you trying to drive patients to pay OOP because it’s more work for you to bill insurance for monitoring? Oh well, it’s neither here nor there, but I’m glad I pushed back.
  • Hi Ladies! I've been going back and forth about whether to intro here or just stick to the December thread, but I've been lurking here anyway for the last couple of weeks so I might as well jump in! I am CD 3 today but I have been estrogen priming since after O last cycle and I just finished my last Estrace pills today. They had me stay on the Estrace to suppress my ovaries for one extra day to avoid me having to go in for monitoring on Christmas day. I go in for my baseline tomorrow and then will hopefully start stims tomorrow night! I am on an antagonist protocol (200 Puregon + 75 Menopur). It's been a bit of a long journey to get here since we started casually TTC in summer 2012 (dx. unexplained secondary IF). *TW loss mentioned* I got pregnant spontaneously in 2016 but due to some extremely bad luck contracted parvovirus and had a host of complications and lost my baby at 9+1 after a massive SCH formed. We got serious about TTC after that and went back to the RE. We had 3 unsuccessful IUIs this year (with one that ended in a CP @ ~ 6w) and two more that were cancelled for various reasons. *END TW* My first IVF cycle in November was cancelled due to an unrelated health issue. I've finally got everything sorted out and hope that our 2017 ends on a much happier note than it started. My anticipated ER will be somewhere around Jan 1 and hopefully a 5 day transfer after that around Jan 6th. Excited to be here with everyone, especially so many other first-timers like myself :)
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @tosh24 oh hey! Good to se you here! Sad we aren't on the same cycle like last time, but good to see you around here
  • @tosh24 Welcome!! We're happy to have you here! I remember you I believe from the Spring IUI boards or maybe from my lurking at Dec IVF one's lol I was hoping to be getting started this month too, but labs will be closed, so will prep early Jan. Best of luck to you!! Hopefully, 2018 is the beginning we all need <3 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @lablover78 and @Bababatty That actually makes a lot of sense.  There are 4 doctors at the practice I go to and depending on the day you have your egg retrieval/transfer you might have a different RE than your normal one.  The one benefit is they do ER and transfers every day of the week!
    Infertility Journey (in spoiler because it's way too long and child/loss mentioned)
    Married: 08/09/2013; TTC #2
    Me: 31, possible PCOS and Septate Uterus (Septum removed in November 2017)
    DH: 31, MFI (Low Count and Low Motility)
    July 2017 - IUI #1 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    August 2017 - IUI #2 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    September 2017 - IUI #3 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    November 2017 - Uterine Septum removed
    December 2017 - IVF Consultation
    January 2018 - IVF #1 - Retrieval 1/24 - 2 Day 3 embryos (1 transferred fresh, 1 frozen) and 2 Day 5 embryos frozen
    February 2018 - Fresh Transfer - Transfer 1/27 (1 day 3 embryo) - BFN
    March 2018 - FET #1 - Transfer 3/2 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP!  1st beta (10dp5dt) - 101; 2nd beta (17dp5dt) - 3061! Due 11/18/2018
    March 2018 - Remaining embryos lost in malfunction.

October 8, 2018 - Son born at 34 weeks and a day due to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.  Spent 13 days in the NICU.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

June 2019 - IVF #2 - Cancelled - Cyst on Ovary
    July 2019 - IVF #2 Take 2 - Retrieval 8/1 - 5 Day 5 embryos frozen
    August 2019 - FET #1 - Cancelled - No Trilaminar Lining
    September 2019 - FET #1 - Transfer 9/25 (1 day 5 embryo) - Chemical Pregnancy - 1st beta (9dp5dt): 110; 2nd beta (14dp5dt): 357; 3rd beta (16dp5dt): 188; 4th beta (23dp5dt): 7
    November 2019 - FET #2 - Transfer 11/6 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFN
    December 2019 - FET #3 - Transfer 12/11 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP! - 1st beta (8dp5dt): 102; 2nd beta (15dp5dt): 2636! Due 08/28/2020

August 13, 2020 - Son born at 37 weeks an 6 days due to failed BPP (Gestational Diabetes).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • What are your thoughts on drinking during this whole thing?  I very very rarely drink. Some co workers are planning on going out for drinks after work tomorrow to celebrate our start of Christmas break. My workplace is like a baby factory so if I’m not drinking I’m sure I’ll get asked plenty of questions. Has anyone’s doctor mentioned alcohol use before ER?  Mine didn’t say anything but probably because it’s rare that I do so anyway. I’m on BCP now and three days in to my Lupron. Over a week away from starting stims. 
  • kiwi2628kiwi2628 member
    edited December 2017
    @J1006 My RE doesn't have a problem with moderate drinking, and actually encourages a glass of wine the night before the  ER to keep stress down. He says less than 3 drinks a week, and no more than 2 in one night.
  • @J1006 my RE said the same thing as @kiwi2628. Her words were “the main thing is to keep your stress level down. If you want to have a glass or two of wine, do it, just don’t over do it.”
    TTC since May 2016
    MC November 2016
    Summer 2017, started IUI
    IUI #1 - natural, BFN