December 2017 Moms
Options

Symptoms, Questions, Concerns 11/16+

Re: Symptoms, Questions, Concerns 11/16+

• Options
    Pretty sure I lost a little bit of my mucus plug last night. Not enough to matter (which is good since I’m only 35 weeks today!).
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    Anyone test positive for GBS? With DD1, my pregnancy was the easiest thing ever. So to have the GBS come back positive this time around is weird for me. What’s the protocol when you go into labor?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @splsmama2016 I tested GBS+ with DD1 and we almost immediately got a bad case of stubborn thrush. I had to labor with an IV of antibiotics like @failuretofly mentioned, but I think that was it. I also had to get to the hospital a certain amount of time after my water broke (they don't want you laboring too long without the antibiotics). I was bummed since I wanted to labor at home as long as possible, but it turned out not to be a big deal.

I really regret not taking probiotics. I just ate a bunch of yogurt, but that didn't help prevent thrush, which DD1 and I had/passed back and forth for 8 weeks. ugh. I hadn't been worried since I've never been prone to yeast infections after taking antibiotics, but I should have been more concerned.

Good luck! It's really not a big deal unless you get thrush (or a yeast infection, but honestly I would much rather have a yeast infection than thrush).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am so over the constipation. It hurts and I need to poop.  :'(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dkizz82  Sending you fiber vibes!

Did anyone else just suddenly get enormous out of nowhere? In the last 24-48 hours I can't even lean forward to rest my elbows on my thighs any more. And we didn't get to celebrate Thanksgiving with family this year so I've just been eating normal food.  The shirt I wore today fit really loosely a few weeks ago and all the sudden looks like it's not even a maternity top?!
  • Options
    @dkizz82 girl I have been right there with you for like the past 3 weeks, regardless of how much fiber I’m getting. Then BAM! All of the sudden I’m back to normal (or at least going every day, cuz you don’t go back to “normal” after that long  :D

@elcd458 yuppp...I suddenly popped like 2 weeks ago (ish). I got out of bed one morning and DH was like “Woah, where did that come from??” Now if only she’d drop and then evacuate...
  • Options
    @Skcobb  I got progressively more uncomfortable just since I wrote that post... at this point it's either gas or gnarly Braxton Hicks.  DH has been sent to Sheetz to buy me Gas-X  :D
  • Options
    @Skcobb i hope it happens for me. I have taken colace and 2 doses of milk of magnesia and nothing. I’m gonna talk to my dr Tuesday. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    THanks for the heads up @lavashiner and @failuretofly !!!! I go Monday for my 37 week appointment and i know she will tell me what happens next, i was just wondering what everyone’s experiences were. So thank you!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ridedatide I don't remember having bad dreams, but my husband says I've moaned all night the past couple of nights like I'm having terrible dreams. I don't know if it's dreams or just regular uncomfortableness

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @ridedatide thought I was the only one having the dreams.. Glad that I'm not alone. Worst part as well is getting sleep trying to get comfy the dreams and just as you find that position and does off and snore Mr wakes you up.  Grrr I lost it last night.  You know how difficult it is for me to sleep let alone getting comfy and the dreams that are extremely disturbing..
  • Options
    Okay so strangest thing happened to me yesterday don't know if it has happened to anyone else.  Best way of describing. In an elevator and when stops everything shakes down.  Been feeling that in stomach..
  • Options
    I had horrible dreams when I was pregnant with my DD. Some of them revolved around me being a bad mom. I'm guessing it was nerves because I haven't had any this time around. 
  • Options
    @failuretofly I told DH last night I am waving the white flag. Lol. He asked just for tonight or the whole pregnancy? lol he’s so proud of me making it this far with out complaining apparently. 
    Yesterday was the worst BH ever. We went out to lunch (which I considered our last meal out, and totally ate way to much) we had a great time , got home , put on movie then took a nap. Woke up to the the tightest belly ever. I’m just learning about IU. Wasn’t going away, got myself so worked up I threw up alittle. Took an hour long bath and felt much better. Feel better this am and am just going to rest all day. Three more days!!!!! 
    Do you have a lot of experience with the irritable ute? Any advice? Hope your getting some relief too. 
  • Options
    @ShyTonia from what it sounds like my ute is a little more cranky than average, though it has been better this time compared to DS but I was also a lot more active and stressed out with him (DH was working out of town). It could also be because I've been religiously having epsom salt baths since 2nd tri and the magnesium in them is known to help reduce uterine tone (why they give you magnesium in preterm labor). I've also been taking magnesium/calcium supplements since I was pregnant with DS (never stopped in between) so that may be helping as well. I find abrupt movements always set it off, getting up out of bed or off the couch, sometimes coughing or sneezing, or bending over and standing up. I've just gotten used to it at this point lol

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Welp, my mucus plug just came out lol. Typically I think I would just let things progress but since I’m having a C-section I maybe should call and let them know? 
  • Options
    @ShyTonia that is crazy that your Dr are all out on call Hope that you come right with the other Dr they have suggested to you.  In thoughts. 
  • Options
    @splsmama2016 that’s awesome!
  • Options
    @ShyTonia @splsmama2016
    My OB practice does call sharing at the hospital with another OB group, and as a result about 10% of the patients at each practice are delivered by unfamiliar faces. I've already started to have nightmares about this. Hahaha

So, today at my appointment, the NP said she could feel baby's head only a couple inches deep during internal (manual) exam, and that's probably why I'm "as uncomfortable as a 38 weeker."  WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN. Is this typical or is baby going to make an early appearance? 
  • Options
    A total stranger delivered my baby. My OB has been on vacation for the entirety of my kid's life (hyperbolic phrasing, my kid is 10 days old today).  I loved the OB who did my C-section. She was very pragmatic while being warm and personable.  Definitely better bedside manner than my actual OB. But I saw her for all of 2 hours including my C/S. Then different OBs rounded on us in hospital each day.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It hurts so much to walk today. I really don't feel like he has dropped at all but he's gotta be pushing down on my cervix something fierce. 
  • Options
    @jlemons-2 oh man the regular cervix dance parties I've been experiencing (AKA lighting crotch) I do not wish on anyone. Part of why I want this child out NOW
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @failuretofly maybe your time is coming, I think you're a week ahead of me? Lots of early babies around here!
  • Options
    I think I'm the only one not having any labor symptoms so far at 37w4d.. I have not had one contraction, no loss of plugs, no leaking, etc.  Considering my twins were born at 31 weeks and I had pretty much every symptom before that I guess i count this as a good thing! I'm just sitting here waiting...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @tmk0325 no labor symptoms for me here at 37w either! I'll count it as a blessing because I have a friend who said she's been having contractions for the past 6week on-and-off. They started inducing yesterday on her due date.
  • Options
    @tmk0325 no symptoms here yet either! I’m 36+5 and totally fine with that. I’m hoping I get 3 more weeks! I’m not ready hahaha
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    tmk0325 said:
    I think I'm the only one not having any labor symptoms so far at 37w4d.. I have not had one contraction, no loss of plugs, no leaking, etc.  Considering my twins were born at 31 weeks and I had pretty much every symptom before that I guess i count this as a good thing! I'm just sitting here waiting...
    Same. Baby has started to drop a bit so I am a little more uncomfortable, but not so much as Braxton Hick over here. ETA - 36.5 today

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    After being in a decent range this whole pregnancy, my blood pressure was around 145/94 all day today. I struggled with hypertension with my first and thought I was in the clear with this one. So now I had labs drawn and 24 hour urine collection. My OB also called my MFM to move my appointment forward because she's considering inducing Friday. I'm really not ready yet so I'm hoping everything evens out. 
  • Options
    The only real symptoms I'm having are strong consistent braxton hicks, most likely due to dehydration because HG has reared its ugly head again the past 3 days.   Per today's check, my cervix is thinned she said but not dilated at all which I guess is further progression than I ever had with DS1!  And she said she felt his head so he's low but none of that means labor anytime soon lol. 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    @jlemons-2 thinking of you! FX Bp stabilizes and that everything comes back ok! 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    Well my comstipation has turned to diarrhea. I have been experiencing cramps for around a week now. Pelvic pressure is awesome. Back pain is real. Plus this baby hasn’t stopped moving all day. It hurts! 11 more days! 

Ok ok I’ll stop whining now. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dkizz82 - diarrhea can be a symptom of early pregnancy, so perhaps relief is on it's way!  

Me over here... I just wore a thong that I guess was too small for my pregnant body and I think it gave me a massive hemorrhoid. Or maybe just further inflamed an existing one.  Either way... it's a bitch.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @tmk0325 I’m 38+2 with no signs of labor. There do seem to be a lot of early arrivals & people hoping to give birth sooner rather than later. I’m really hoping to make it to December and to go into labor naturally (OB keeps talking about inducing due to amniotic fluid level.)
  • Options
    @jlemons-2 FX for you! I’m a bit behind you but drs have been monitoring my bp as well... it makes me nervous every time going in, which in turn then elevated my bp... I have a premonition that one appt I’ll go and fhey’ll want to induce. I hope you have enough time to prepare mentally... 
    BabyFetus Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker