December 2017 Moms

Symptoms, Questions, Concerns 11/16+

Re: Symptoms, Questions, Concerns 11/16+

• I've been at the hospital for the last six hours now being monitored. My blood pressure finally dropped but so did the baby's heart rate so I just had a biophysical profile done. I'm having consistent but very small contractions. I'm also alone because my DH is home with our DD. I am really hoping that they will send me home soon.
  • @dkizz82 - diarrhea can be a symptom of early pregnancy, so perhaps relief is on it's way!  

Me over here... I just wore a thong that I guess was too small for my pregnant body and I think it gave me a massive hemorrhoid. Or maybe just further inflamed an existing one.  Either way... it's a bitch.  

@Tennis11785 I'm assuming you meant a sign of early labor? ;)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @jlemons-2 FX everything resolves and you get to go home!

My symptoms have been just peachy lately... Horrible gas and constipation and reeeeally bad night sweats last night. Now that I’m back home after that four day weekend and drinking Natural Calm in my water again I hope to at least get this constipation under control.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Keep us posted @jlemons-2.  Thinking of you! 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• @Tennis11785 I know! I want to make it to 38 weeks at least (that’s friday). I haven’t been gettting checks since I’m  rcs but I’m gonna if he will today.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @failuretofly... Yep. Totally meant labor. I think we can all confirm we are/were most definitely pregnant! 

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • @jlemons-2 That's so exciting! I'll be thinking of you!
  • good luck, @jlemons-2!

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • @balletnerd That's great news! You must be so relieved.
  • @breezybee that whole post made me LOL - but I am right there with you. My vag is just angry, maybe because she knows what lies ahead haha

My BH have been so strong today, like make me lightheaded strong... but zero consistency and very infrequent. I hope it's a sign! (But probably not)
  • @breezybee I feel the same way! I can barely walk. And I've been having consistent contractions every 7 minutes with NO progress. Ugh. 

@balletnerd it's great to hear that your baby is right on track. Those dance muscles must be holding her in!
  • It’s brutal you guys. I was having contractions yesterday during my NST, but I didn’t feel anything, sooooo...still hanging in there!
  • @jlemons-2 im right there with you with these contractions and ZERO progress. Its super annoying! We just scheduled induction for next Thursday....that’s how confident my OB is that this baby is staying put till his due date :( I’m definitely feeling defeated! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh @PoeMasque I hope things turn around for you soon. 
  • Holy painful cramping, Batman! You do what you need to do to prepare for labor, uterus, but OW.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @tmk0325 We had our 37 week appt today and they did a cervical check (softening, but closed) which should be the only one. I was glad to hear it's still closed because I really want to make it to my RCS scheduled for 12/14. Also had a growth scan--baby looks good, and big. 7 lbs 11 oz is the current estimate!

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • @MJDsquared I am right there with you. This kid also likes to headbutt me when I am sitting at my desk, which is making being at work miserable.
  • Anyone have hearing problems? I went to bed last night with a headache and woke up with  slight ringing and muffled sound in my right ear. Called the dr today and she has no clue. Chalk it up to weird pregnancy symptoms? 
  • @balletnerd I am still measuring small too (I had an appointment today) and I need to get an ultrasound on Saturday. Fingers crossed I'm hiding a normal sized baby just like you! With my first daughter I was always small, but my fundal height kept increasing. I've been measuring 35 for the past 2 appointments (36+3 and 38+3).

In other symptom news, my heartburn is out of control and I keep forgetting to take the zantac 30 minutes before I eat and tums do nothing!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lavashiner solidarity on the heartburn. It is so bad. It doesn’t matter what’s I eat- it’s there all the time. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So here I lay in hospital was admitted last night. 35weeks 5 days and contracting. They have given me something to stop contractions but been told of it carries on Iszabella will be here today...  Feeling worried...
  • @lavashiner FX you are good at hiding baby too!
  • @lavashiner @kaylawing I'm on the heartburn/indegestion train too! I've literally been skipping dinners most night because I can't stand the feeling it gives me when I lay down! 
  • amen to the cramping @MJDsquared , I've been having 'takes my breath away' cramping/contractions for over a week now and at last check I was still not dilated or effaced at all (whomp whomp). It was easier to handle when I thought it meant things were progressing. boo! 

@sjis Just like your hands/feet swell in late pregnancy, you can have swelling in your sinuses too. I've had a few days of bad sinus pressure/headache/face pain. Then when I have random contractions it feels like my head is going to explode. It's awesome. Caffine and tylenol help a lot! Welcome to late pregnancy :) 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sjis i have had muffled hearing on and off during this whole pregnancy in one ear. When it happens it is super annoying, especially when I'm talking to someone at the time. 
  • @muskratbaby *phew* ok I’m not the only one. It is driving me crazy!
  • OMG so much itching! My stomach was apparently so inflamed from scratching it that it was obvious to my doctor that it was bothering me. His solution: benadryl cream. Tried it, it wasn't effective enough, so I took matters into my own hands and made a stronger cream concoction. So far it appears to be working...
  • @rebeckyjoy I almost messaged my midwife today because of how bad I was itching, but when I got home I changed into a softer shirt and for whatever reason that helped immensely. So weird. Sometimes I just need to step away from Googling my symptoms. I was convinced I had a liver problem.
  • @muskratbaby I had wondered about liver problems myself at one point! Since my doctor didn't seem overly concerned I figured I probably shouldn't be either. No clothing changes seemed to make it better, so I opened a whole bunch of benadryl capsules to get a 3% cream, mixed them with a little water, then Aquaphor, Eucerin, Calmoseptine, and Nupercainal. Still not a perfect fix, but it's much more tolerable now.
  • @sjis Don't want to worry you, but there are occasionally things that can cause an irreversible sudden hearing loss (random viruses, hormone stuff, autoimmune things, etc.)  If it's persistent I'd try to see an ENT ASAP.  Steroids can sometimes reverse a sudden loss if administered within 48 hours or so. It can also be temporary caused by a fluid build-up in the ear (essentially an ear infection, but without the pain).  
  • These night sweats. :confounded: They weren’t so bad when I’d wake up for the day with them, but last night was 2:30 and right now it’s 4:15. And going back to bed feels gross so I’m attempting to air it out. Bleh. I’ve heard PP night sweats are worse and if that’s the case...ew.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @MJDsquared my night sweats have gotten so bad that I keep dreaming my water has broken in bed. I wake up both disappointed and relieved   :D
  • @MJDsquared I just changed my sheets 2 days ago and I feel like I need to change them again  :s so gross! Those first weeks PP you basically need to sleep on a towel and change it throughout the night because it is BAD
  • So still in hospital they just keep pumping me with medication.  36 weeks today. Doc are are having a meeting tomorrow about weather to go forth with delivery c sec or to just keep me here until due date.  Exhausted for days and tired of pain..