December 2017 Moms
Options

Symptoms, Questions, Concerns 11/16+

Re: Symptoms, Questions, Concerns 11/16+

• Options
    I haven't felt nauseous, but now that you mention it, I feel like smells have been muuuch stronger the past couple days. Which I totally didn't even think of as being a symptom, I was just like, "Why does this smell so strong today?" Oops!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    If I smell bacon at all, I want to barf everywhere. That’s really the only thing that seriously grossed me out
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My sense of smell has increased as well. I haven’t been a fan of the smell of bananas this whole pregnancy (but I’ve been able to eat them) and I currently don’t like the smell of Parmesan cheese 
  • Options
    I'm so congested (so I can't smell anything)! I remember being congested with DS1 towards the end too.  MAybe because this LO is so high up and huge? 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    My back is killing me. I don’t know if it’s an early not labor sign or just a crappy back supporting a child and a toddler but dang! I can’t get comfortable. Sure can’t fall asleep. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dkizz82 I am so glad that I am not alone in this. My back will be death of me in sure this pain is horrible and even trying to find a comfortable position seems to be asking a lot. When it comes to sleeping and sometimes getting up and walking a dread it awfully.
  • Options
    @Marley629 ive had awful sinus congestion the last four days too. Complete with sinus headache. My OB says it’s normal (just like the sudden super puffy hands and feet) and to take Tylenol and drink caffeine. The caffeine actually helps a lot. 

No more episodes of contractions for me since sat night and OB confirmed it could still be weeks :( I have a feeling it’s going to be a long first stage of labor for us.....

What is everyone’s plan for work? My OB wrote me a note today to stop working, but then she said “you might get really bored”. She may be right, but when she wrote the note I was pretty excited by the thought of being done with work haha. I was thinking I would work the remainder of this week and just not return after the holiday weekend. Since my STD covers 12 weeks and I will only get a max of 8 weeks post delivery, it seems stupid to not take advantage of a week or two pre-baby....but there also seems to be this stigma about not working till the very end....
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PoeMasque take the time! You won't regret it!
  • Options
    @PoeMasque take the time!! You may be a tad bored but that's ok  :)  
    DS1 9/24/13
    MFI (SA #1
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    **TW**

• Options
    @PoeMasque Take the time if that's what you want - it doesn't matter what's "expected"! As you get closer, there's going to constantly be things you want to get done that may take longer than usual to do thanks to exhaustion and a baby belly. Take the time to get everything the way you want it, relax, and set up your Netflix list for while you're on leave lol. 
  • Options
    @PoeMasque if you still get pretty much the same time after baby then I would take the time off now. If I take time off prebaby it takes away from my mat leave time so I will work up till the very end. (I am also the bread winner in the family,  so I feel like I have to keep working.)
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    dkizz82 said:
    My back is killing me. I don’t know if it’s an early not labor sign or just a crappy back supporting a child and a toddler but dang! I can’t get comfortable. Sure can’t fall asleep. 
    One of my co-workers said to me the other day, "i don't know how you carry that thing around all day!" meaning my baby belly. I was just thinking, "Try putting a 24-lb toddler on top of it, buddy!" So far, convincing DD I can't pick her up every time she wants is not really working. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    Ditto @cait5413!  Add one more on top of that.  Good thing is I at least can't pick them up at the same time!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Marley629 My sinus pain/congestion has gotten really bad too.  Last night I could feel the pressure/dryness radiating to the back of my skull, so I put a pan of water on the stove to boil while I was cleaning the kitchen.  Every once in a while I would stand over it and breathe in the steam.  That really seemed to help take the edge off. I might try steaming up the bathroom too. It's like pregnancy inflamed everything and then the ambient humidity got too dry too fast, further irritating my sinuses. Hope you can find some relief. Two weeks, girl!
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    evreka said:
    @dkizz82 I am so glad that I am not alone in this. My back will be death of me in sure this pain is horrible and even trying to find a comfortable position seems to be asking a lot. When it comes to sleeping and sometimes getting up and walking a dread it awfully.
    I hate you’re going through it. It sucks. Yes the worse is when I get up from laying. I can hardly walk at that point. I plan on talking to my dr today. I would love to stop working but no matter if I’m sitting or standing, my back hurts. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cait5413 I know. Dd is 30lbs and it’s killing me. She woke up crying last night from a bad dream. I tried to hug her and she wouldn’t settle. O asked if she wanted to be held and she said yes. Killed me to pick her up but she was so scared I had too. I a making DH out her in her crib and she hates that. Wants me all the time. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dkizz82 I just went to the chiropractor after my back had been killing my for days. Ugh.

@PoeMasque I am done with work! I'm 37 weeks and am so excited to be done. I couldn't focus anymore and now I have time for getting the house in order, resting, and taking long walks to encourage this baby to come!!! Take the time, there is no way you'll get bored. Oh, I might even read a book for fun, too!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like maybe she's dropped or started to drop? My bladder/pelvis doesn't feel any different, but my shortness of breath has been the bane of my existence lately and as of last night it hasn't been nearly as bad. 34+4 today!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    Holy night sweats! No one told me about them. It's not hot in our room but I wake up in the middle of the night with so much boob sweat.  :s
  • Options
    @Mjdsquared when LO dropped for me i have immense pressure and pain in my pelvis when im on my feet!!!!! So hopefully You just get your breath back and can hold off on the pain/pressure for a bit :-) 

@babybison girl your telling me!!! Ive been dealing with this for weeks but i wake up with my whole body covered in it. I wish it was just my boobs :-/. 
  • Options
    Hi ladies!! I've been hiding: my coping mechanism for stressful things is pretending they don't exist but since I'm due 12/8, I guess it's time to admit to the universe we'll have a baby shortly lol

So I'm lucky in that I've had virtually zero issues beyond bad (HORRIBLE) heartburn this entire time...except for the last two weeks I've had ridiculous pelvic pain. Like, can't walk on my own sometimes pain. Feels like my pelvis is actively splitting in half pain. It definitely gets worse the more I'm "active"...showering + groceries + cleaning the kitchen for 20min = crippling pain later in the evening. My drs say this happens sometimes and there's nothing to do but give birth. Is anyone else having this level of pelvic/hip pain from basic activitives?
  • Options
    @babybison I can't even sleep with sheets on ... I get so dang hot. Its 30 degrees here and I'm only wearing a sweat shirt.... This little one is a hot box for sure!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    Haha @wabash15 and @babybison I have told my husband that he will be murdered if he so much as thinks of turning on the freaking heat. I had to sleep with my ceiling fan on the other night!  
  • Options
    @breezybee with the twins I slept next to  an open window in the middle of winter (northern midwest) and at best a sheet I was so hot all the time
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    Haha I would be doing that same thing @wabash15!
  • Options
    Add me to the hot mamas list! @Breezybee @babybison @wabash15
    It’s right around 50 in our bedroom without the heat on. Perfect. Sometimes DH or I turn the heat on for a while, but inevitably I wake up super-sweaty & needing to pee & I turn it off. 
  • Options
    You all think the night sweats are bad now...they get even worse post partum!
  • Options
    For a moment there DH actually thought he was going to put the heater on a scheduled timer. Haha. Yea ok. The first night he did that the heat came on out of no where and I ran around opening all the windows.
    needless to say he has not even touched the thermostat since. Haha. Poor guy is freezing. 
  • Options
    Feeling for DH. He is getting my pregnant bitchiness full-force and he’s been taking it like a saint, pretty much. And I’ll have moments of gushing (internally) about how excited he is about baby and thinking about him as a dad but then I don’t express those either because he’s not around or I get annoyed by something too quickly, lol. And forget apologizing because I’m way too stubborn to admit I’m being crazy. Hahaha.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    @MJDsquared my DH is definitely not taking it in stride haha I'm pretty sure he called me cranky like 5 times last night. My response 'YOU'RE cranky!' lol I'm clearly one with words these days. 

Currently sitting here eating 1/2 a pineapple hoping it will help me not have to work this afternoon... 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @MJDsquared my DH is definitely not taking it in stride haha I'm pretty sure he called me cranky like 5 times last night. My response 'YOU'RE cranky!' lol I'm clearly one with words these days. 

Currently sitting here eating 1/2 a pineapple hoping it will help me not have to work this afternoon... 
    Reminds me to add pineapple to grocery list 
    DS1 9/24/13
    MFI (SA #1
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    **TW**

• Options
    @Marley629 well I'm at work now... so it didn't do the job haha
  • Options
    How have I not heard of the pineapple thing before??
  • Options
    @jlemons-2
    https://evidencebasedbirth.com/evidence-using-pineapple-naturally-induce-labor/
    Just as likely to get you pregnant as un-pregnant  :D but I mean I enjoy it so no harm no foul! Lol
  • Options
    Worth a shot  :)
  • Options
    @failuretofly I remember everyone eating that when we were TTGP. Lol. I ate pineapple every morning for a good few months in my second tri. But got sick of it. Lol
  • Options
    @jlemons-2 @ShyTonia Ya TTGP is all about the old wives tales. And yes, I am eating the core too  :p;)
  • Options
    What is with all the bad dreams. Is anyone else have these. I have a hard enough time sleeping let alone with the nightmares about work and getting fired because of all my doctor's appts.